Bosch Employee Reviews

Yes, I did it and can still do it
Builder (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 13, 2017
Work hard to learn it and then repeat 30 times per day to get paid.
I started when I had to take the model number and gather everything to build a unit 30 times a day. If we didn't have the prepared in advance materials, the line would start on another that the materials were ready to proceed with.
Now, everything will be sent to the line and NO WASTING TIME!
Pros
Parties for seasonal occasions and raises
Cons
Weather conditions, although getting better
Good old boys club
BD (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 9, 2017
If you are a professional female I feel bad for you working for Bosch Mpls. There are no women in leadership roles, discrimination and sexist behavior are not only tolerated but propagated by sales leadership and the President. Women are overlooked for promotions and advancement. Bosch is a great company but the branch in Mpls is horrible. Filing complaints about sexism and abusive behavior to HR are met with immediate retaliation by leadership. Keep your mouth shut, conform or be cast out.
Pros
Great products and overall company culture
Cons
Low pay, minimal merit increases, leadership
average at best
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  2800 S 25th Ave, Broadview, IL 60155January 18, 2017
Typical day was boxing and reboxing car items...... what I've learned just about different car parts.....management kinda rude because they think they are better than you....my co workers where really didn't acknowledge them really older than what I didn't like about the job I was people older than I was and break didn't exist hardly...... what I did like him out of it was the hours were great
Pros
Time was easy
Cons
no breaks
Excellent working conditions,good pay, and typical benefits.
Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MINovember 30, 2016
My position required leadership skills to direct the work force towards company goals. This included on time deliveries, customer interaction, and diplomacy. Other responsibilities included training of workers, both salary and hourly, and safety. It was a pleasure to work with, on the most part, professional people in their fields of expertise. This created a high expectation that the team would achieve daily and long range goals. I earned the respect from all levels of management.
Pros
Good 401 adds, and bonus structure was fair.
Cons
Insurance costs were high.
Demanding and Fun
Mold Operator and Assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, INDecember 12, 2016
On a daily basis, I would go into work at Bosch and would always have a good day. Most of the time work was fast paced and demanding for product to meet deadline. I learned how to use different tools such as the utility knife, automatic hand held screw gun, and hand truck. Management was always great to me. If I ever had any issue or thought on how to make a job easier, I could always count on them to hear me out. My co-workers were of much different cultures and each individual unique in their own ways. The hardest part of my job was when a mold press would go down and the day would then go slower. I would have to find something to keep me busy. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know different types of people, and ways to build different parts of the fans in cars.
Busy, Busy, Busy
CRIN Dept. Human Resource/Manufacturing Assoc. (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 20, 2017
It's an ok place to work. The weeks are long. Mandatory weekends. No time with the family. Pay is good. Benefits are good. Medical benefits are good and they contribute to a health savings account to help with deductible.
Pros
lots of overtime if you want it
Cons
to much overtime and mandatory weekends. No life outside of work.
Treat employees very well, but the bureaucracy is very cumbersome.
Senior System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 2, 2017
They treat their employees very well. They recently upped their minimum vacation days for new employees to 15, and have allow telecommuting 1 or 2 days a week, depending on your duties. So they seem to care very much about work-life balance, which is nice. They also actively seek input from employees through surveys about what will make a better work environment, and ACTUALLY implement a lot of them.
The downside for me is that it is very heavily bureaucratic. There is a specific process for everything, which is very inflexible, and good luck finding the process listed anywhere. I've been there for 18months, and I still feel clueless with a lot of stuff, which is very frustrating. I feel like half of my job is navigating through the bureaucracy just to get things done, which is quite frustrating.
Bosch is a great place to work at.
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
I've been working temporary at Bosch for almost 2 years. It is a great place to work with great opportunities for growth. The management at this company is amazing. They are always open to innovation and improvements. They are definitely willing to hear new ideas and to implement them; no matter what level you are. I would highly recommend seeking employment with this company.
Great work environment, interesting work, and great people
Sr. Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 19, 2016
Bosch is a non-profit organization, which means it's not publically traded and there are no share holders. It's a very diverse company, as well as the largest automotive supplier in the world.
Bosch treats its employees well and there are many opportunities, especially for those with 4yr degrees.
Pros
Compensation, ability to telecommunicate, benefits
Cons
Large company (red tape), sometimes management orveracts to market conditions
people and work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Romeoville,ILDecember 12, 2016
A normal day of work there is same customer and many different orders that are never the same. The people working there are easy to get along with and helpfully. Management need to get better at communicate what really is important what is not.
Pros
Other workers are always willing to help
Cons
management need to get better at communication
Opportunities to grow but highly competitive
production Mechanic (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 13, 2016
There are opportunities for growth in the skilled labor area plenty but the opportunities to grow within management appears to be based on "communication circles," then experience and longevity with the company.
Pros
sick leave and vacation time
Cons
advancement from skilled labor
Great Company To Work For
Jan 2016 Performance Driver /Instructor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MI and Flat Rock, MIJanuary 25, 2017
Work at Robert Bosch LLC for over 6 years and from the first to the last day was a great experience.
It is a place that offers equal opportunities to all employees, adequate training and a very competitive benefit package.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Pay
Culture has changed dramatically
White Collar (Former Employee) –  Albion, INOctober 13, 2016
Worked for the company for nearly 20 years. They use to walk the talk of the culture and importance of community. They used to treat their employees like valuable team members. Now, it has turned into a burn them and churn them, no matter how much a person has contributed to the success of the organization.

Management changes every few years and the culture changes to reflect the beliefs and management practices of the current establishment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor work/life balance and very weak management
Many opportunities for lateral movement, exposure to many product disciplines in the same company
Hydraulic System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 12, 2016
Typical day is mostly desk environment but it greatly depends on the product line one works in. Being a large company many responsibilities are compartmentalized, however a position where interaction with multiple disciplines was most rewarding because it allows you to become a generalist. At the same time, you could also become an expert in a specific component, so it's easy to find that this company provides opportunities across the board to fit the breadth of knowledge you're hoping to gain in a product/system.
good place to work. clean and friendly enviroment.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 8, 2016
So far it is a great environment to work. You get well trained before being left on your own. There is opportunity to grow and advance if hired on permanently. The fact that you have to start as a temp instead of direct hire is kind of a negative due to the pay as a temp. You cannot live on $11/hr. But if hired perm, the pay is well above average.
Pros
very much potential
Cons
having to be a temp to get in the door
Professional and challenging environment.
Assistant General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 24, 2017
A professional and challenging environment, in which you will work with very intelligent colleagues from around the world.

The scope of Bosch's products and services provide a great variety of interesting projects to work on.
Loved it at first
Data Entry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Was a great place to work in the beginning but during the end they changed my position to both clerical and warehouse.
They had had demands for me but didn't want to pay my worth.
Pros
Alot of Overtime
Cons
Add more to your job description than what you're suppose to do
Excellent place to work. Good environment and a place that really cares about the people and quality of work produced.
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 1, 2017
I enjoy going to work everyday because the people I work with are great team players and ready to learn new things. Our management team really care about the operators.
great job that keeps me busy all day everyday and also learned new things
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 18, 2016
I inspect every washing machine that's not in finished form yet and make sure there aren't any defects or anything with them before sending it off to the assembly line
Pros
kept me busy all day
Cons
long shifts with short lunch breaks
Embedded Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  IndianaFebruary 14, 2017
work in this company is very great full to me and i felt very happy in this company and make me learn more in this all very supportive and encouraging and helping in all areas
Pros
embedded software engineer
Cons
embedded software engineer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2