Bosch Employee Reviews

Exciting place to work
Supplier Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMay 19, 2017
Overall, a great place to work. Lots of variety in jobs and products. Manufacturing and design, as well as other support functions are on site. Pretty solid work force, a bit more competition could raise the bar.
Nice place for an intern
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 18, 2017
I was working at Bosch as an intern for close to 2 months. The place is full of insects. Lots of things can be learnt from the working atmosphere. Lot of really good projects that can be worked on.
Productive and great team
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 16, 2017
Typical day is 8 am to 4 pm. learned valuable lessons. My manager was great however upper management wasnt that great. Workplace culture was great. Hardest part is things happen too slow.
Pros
Foosball table
Cons
Things move too slow like application for new jobs within the company
Too much red tape
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILMay 16, 2017
Bosch is a good company to work for. decent benefits, great training. Upper management has a tendency to handcuff lower levels with too many processes designed in Europe, that just do not work in the states.
Pros
Diverse workforce
Cons
slow to react
Territory Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 15, 2017
Marketed and promoted the entire Freud Diablo product line exclusively to 40 Home Depot stores in a region spanning from Tampa to Florida City. Accountable for product demos, staff training, order/inventory control, stocking and product presentation, and customer account support.
Its has been a great place to make a living
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  CharlestonMay 13, 2017
Bosch is only as good as its associates.You will always have the bad with the good.The people producing the widgets day in and day out pay the bills. The rest of us are just cogs that make the organization function. Its a team effort all around.
Pros
climate controlled clean environment
Cons
benefits have gone down hill over the years
Small office in rear of warehouse.
Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 11, 2017
Short 1 week assignment to cover for vacation of second shift operator.
Ran batch cycle and printed documents that were produced during the batch cycle.
Left at midnight with system running on auto pilot.
Pros
Low pressure job.
Cons
Only person in the building after 5 pm.
A good production company
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNApril 26, 2017
I would get into work at 5am and work till 3pm. I got 3 breaks every 3 hours. This includes lunch which was 30 minutes. Everyone had to work together on the processing line.
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 24, 2017
Nice place to work and good long term job I'm a Family Guy and need a good place to settle in and I would still be there if I had not got laid off. Good benefit also
not good
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2017
management is the most incompetent I have ever witnessed. No understanding of the business and technical expertise of VP's is non existent. People are ok except for upper management.
Productive and fun with Ping Pong tables in Cafeteria
Sales/ Project management Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 20, 2017
Bosch is very structured and organized. There is a system protocol for everything.

Management is tough to engage with at times. Rigid structure.

I was an intern, and they treated me like I was part of the team from day one.

Lack of communication and guidance from mentor/ manager.

I learned a lot about the different automotive systems, and was able to interact with many departments at Bosch.
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 20, 2017
I mainly work to mold parts and inspect them. Some days I have to start the first process before parts can come to the line and that's wash all parts for cleaning. This is important process because if parts is not clean to appropriate standards the line can't run to make the full part to be assemble together. I have to inspect parts to make sure that they are passable.
Not recommended
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 18, 2017
Apart from the good brand name, not a good place to start your career. Management sucks BIG TIME. They bring people from Germany to train them. Poor initial job training
Like Lead (Former Employee) –  Marion, ARApril 15, 2017
All the coworkers there are good u only have problems out the customers overall great work place good pay if u don't have any kids I wish whoever luck
Hostile work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 15, 2017
This Started out a really Good Company Until The Management from Germany started treating the Employees like we where there enemies. This place made you feel nervous about making a human error the Bosses would watch you work and intimidate you.I worked a lot of hours here and never felt like I was appreciated at all I know your there for a paycheck but when you feel intimidated on your job or the threat of loosing a job for human error its very stressful
Pros
wage
Cons
Intimidation
pretty good
Job Setter (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 14, 2017
the management and co-workers where great, was a union shop so you did have some security. a typical day was an experience on the most part. you could have great advancement oppertunities.
Productive, great place to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCApril 14, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I would have probably still been employed if I didn't quit for short-term medical reasons. The company was great with job advancement and continuing education. I also enjoyed most of my coworkers.
Pros
hours, overtime, benefits, continuing education
Cons
some management were unfair in certain departments
The pay is great
Sort Group Member (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 13, 2017
The pay is definitely worth the hours because you get good hours along with great overtime most of the weeks. The people that have been there a long time can help a lot.
Amazing German Company- US culture is awful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  NHApril 12, 2017
I worked for 8 hard years at Bosch, started with passion! Love the vision and mission of the organization. It has excellent benefits and people work hard to make it a successful place.
The problem with the US - Bosch locations is change management. It impacts at every level. Higher management is changing constantly (sometimes not very well qualified) and by the time people have business goals established a new president takes over a division and they start all over again, is a vicious loop.
If you want to work at Bosch be aware that you will not be stimulated and appreciated as an individual. You must play hard, fast and effectively. Make allies really quickly and be willing to have more than 3 roles under your responsibility. They often hire with one role in mind and keep on dumping on you every six months as changes happen in management. There is no such as thing as on boarding, training or mentoring. if you want any of these benefits roll your sleeves and start asking questions, shadow people and be willing to sacrifice family time.
Pros
Benefits, International Travel
Cons
IT Support, Outdated resources, Very limited budgets, Foreign Management not familiar with US Markets
World Class
Supplier Quality Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 8, 2017
If you ever get a chance to work at any Bosch location; do it. It will be an awesome experience; and will help you grow as a professional. Bosch has very mature systems.
Pros
Great company; great work life balance
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2