Bosch Employee Reviews

not good
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2017
management is the most incompetent I have ever witnessed. No understanding of the business and technical expertise of VP's is non existent. People are ok except for upper management.
Productive and fun with Ping Pong tables in Cafeteria
Sales/ Project management Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIApril 20, 2017
Bosch is very structured and organized. There is a system protocol for everything.

Management is tough to engage with at times. Rigid structure.

I was an intern, and they treated me like I was part of the team from day one.

Lack of communication and guidance from mentor/ manager.

I learned a lot about the different automotive systems, and was able to interact with many departments at Bosch.
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 20, 2017
I mainly work to mold parts and inspect them. Some days I have to start the first process before parts can come to the line and that's wash all parts for cleaning. This is important process because if parts is not clean to appropriate standards the line can't run to make the full part to be assemble together. I have to inspect parts to make sure that they are passable.
Not recommended
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 18, 2017
Apart from the good brand name, not a good place to start your career. Management sucks BIG TIME. They bring people from Germany to train them. Poor initial job training
Like Lead (Former Employee) –  Marion, ARApril 15, 2017
All the coworkers there are good u only have problems out the customers overall great work place good pay if u don't have any kids I wish whoever luck
Hostile work environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 15, 2017
This Started out a really Good Company Until The Management from Germany started treating the Employees like we where there enemies. This place made you feel nervous about making a human error the Bosses would watch you work and intimidate you.I worked a lot of hours here and never felt like I was appreciated at all I know your there for a paycheck but when you feel intimidated on your job or the threat of loosing a job for human error its very stressful
Pros
wage
Cons
Intimidation
pretty good
Job Setter (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIApril 14, 2017
the management and co-workers where great, was a union shop so you did have some security. a typical day was an experience on the most part. you could have great advancement oppertunities.
Productive, great place to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCApril 14, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I would have probably still been employed if I didn't quit for short-term medical reasons. The company was great with job advancement and continuing education. I also enjoyed most of my coworkers.
Pros
hours, overtime, benefits, continuing education
Cons
some management were unfair in certain departments
The pay is great
Sort Group Member (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCApril 13, 2017
The pay is definitely worth the hours because you get good hours along with great overtime most of the weeks. The people that have been there a long time can help a lot.
Amazing German Company- US culture is awful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  NHApril 12, 2017
I worked for 8 hard years at Bosch, started with passion! Love the vision and mission of the organization. It has excellent benefits and people work hard to make it a successful place.
The problem with the US - Bosch locations is change management. It impacts at every level. Higher management is changing constantly (sometimes not very well qualified) and by the time people have business goals established a new president takes over a division and they start all over again, is a vicious loop.
If you want to work at Bosch be aware that you will not be stimulated and appreciated as an individual. You must play hard, fast and effectively. Make allies really quickly and be willing to have more than 3 roles under your responsibility. They often hire with one role in mind and keep on dumping on you every six months as changes happen in management. There is no such as thing as on boarding, training or mentoring. if you want any of these benefits roll your sleeves and start asking questions, shadow people and be willing to sacrifice family time.
Pros
Benefits, International Travel
Cons
IT Support, Outdated resources, Very limited budgets, Foreign Management not familiar with US Markets
World Class
Supplier Quality Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 8, 2017
If you ever get a chance to work at any Bosch location; do it. It will be an awesome experience; and will help you grow as a professional. Bosch has very mature systems.
Pros
Great company; great work life balance
Intern
Intern in Divisional Logistics Strategy (Former Employee) –  Hangzhou, CNApril 8, 2017
Love it! Great thing is to share your experience with the interns there. We had a great collaboration with all the interns. My mentor was great. She is willing to explain every detail to me to help me improve my understanding.
very good health care
Lead Set-up (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 7, 2017
Make hubs rotors for cars and trucks.
How to run c and c machine.
Listen to team members.
Help you get job done.
working 12 hour days 7 days a week months at a time.
Making good parts for cars.
Pros
safe place to work.
Cons
long hours no time off
Worst Place To Work
Marketing Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2017
Bosch does not care about its employees at all. Have a serious mouse situation (they run around my feet and I have found a dead one in my desk) and management has done nothing. It's been a year and a half. No room for job advancement. Will only succeed at this company if you are German.
Big and Innovative
Accounting Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 6, 2017
Bosch is one of the most reputable global companies around. The are always on the cutting edge of innovation and have a number of opportunities you can take advantage of worldwide.
Not bad, but definitely use to be better.
Set-Up Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 2, 2017
Worldwide good company and benefits. But recently or maybe I should say within the last year has taken a downturn tremendously. Alot of politics and basically giving up your self respect for a job that's not worth it.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Too many
Productive systems, New processes
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  MexicoMarch 30, 2017
Great productive systems and tooling, always looking for continuous improvements in their processes.

Work environment is good and the management team is well prepared and willing to cooperate and teach.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Poor pay
fast paced
Rack runner (Former Employee) –  Albion, INMarch 29, 2017
Bosch is a fast paced logistics company. Very organized but not people friendly.& days a week working and not the greatest pay. Very poor communication and training.
Pros
minimal dress code
Cons
not people friendly
Very hot enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMarch 28, 2017
I worked for bosch as a temp for half a year.
I made 8.50 starting out.
The warehouse got up to if not exceeding 115 degrees.
Work was tiresome. We lifted car and truck rotors all day, some exceeding 120 lbs. We operated fork lifts and pallet jacks, which we were trained and certified by by bosch certfied trainers on the floor. I was offered full time in atlanta but turned down due to commute.
Pros
Great growth opportunities, physical benefits.
Cons
Low pay for temp, very hot enviroment, heavy lifting, spiders
German run company
SharePoint Operations Solutions Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMarch 27, 2017
Many facades and directions this company is moving in with expansive areas of growth if you are in the right areas however they are investing heavily in outsourcing to other countries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2