Bosch Employee Reviews

Great experience with marketing and strategic planning
Regional Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLSeptember 15, 2016
I have learned a lot from this position regarding strategic planning of the product line, communication with different management levels inside and outside of organization and also i have learned that i am not a 100% office person. I like to travel outside the office, meat people and get challenged by their needs.
good place to work. clean and friendly enviroment.
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 8, 2016
So far it is a great environment to work. You get well trained before being left on your own. There is opportunity to grow and advance if hired on permanently. The fact that you have to start as a temp instead of direct hire is kind of a negative due to the pay as a temp. You cannot live on $11/hr. But if hired perm, the pay is well above average.
Pros
very much potential
Cons
having to be a temp to get in the door
chaotic and an abundance of general incompetency
Product Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCMay 23, 2016
the majority of employees are waiting to retire and do not care about being productive. management seems to encourage this behavior. it's a wonder things get done.
Pros
located relatively close to the beach
Cons
the atmosphere is draining, generally a bad work environment for career development
Bosch needs to focus more on a work/life balance
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 4, 2016
Management leadership skills are lacking. Its more of a dictatorship. You are treated like a number and not a person with a life and family outside of Bosch. The hardest part of the job is the mandatory weekends. Some months we can work of 21 straight days. The most enjoyable part of the job is the pay. Advancement is on a "who you know not what you know' basis.
Open Minded, Great Compensation
Inventory Planner (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 6, 2015
While working at Robert Bosch I learned a lot! The management in the department in which I worked was always open to new ideas, allowed you to be creative & provided the elements that you needed to get your job done!
Pros
Growth, Compensation
Cons
When working with a large manufacturing company there is always the possibility of lay offs
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 27, 2016
Has very good benefits and working hours. Payed lunches, 8 hour work shifts. Lots of training on hand and able to move up as far as you like.
Terrible workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCSeptember 5, 2016
Treated badly an terrible job security. They followed me to the bathroom an talked down to workers. i will never work there ever again an do not recommend it to anyone.
Best place I have ever worked. Too bad they had to close
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work for me was extremely rewarding. This was a 7 day operation that required a lot of team work. What I learned from here was my knowledge of heat treat and the importance of team work. The management staff that I worked with was top notch. Most of my coworkers were also top notch. The was really nothing hard about this job but hearing the news we were closing. The great working relationships that you build!!
Warehouse
Picker (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, AROctober 14, 2016
I didn't quite like the environment. We have a certain time to get a lunch break or a mini break by the time we eat lunch you're almost late to complete your shift. The warehouse is extremely huge and you have to almost run to get to the front of the warehouse. But then there is that one thing that you cannot do and that is run.
Pros
Sometimes Free Lunches
Cons
Long walks from your post
productivity at bosch
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARAugust 24, 2016
work was easy and laid back. I learned how to pack products at a good pace.Management was ok i would say it could be a little better. the hardest part was working in the heat without enough drinking water.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unknown hours
motivational fun and save environment with great benefits
Assembler/Builder hydraulic tester (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 29, 2016
( A typical day at work ) my crew and I reaching our daily quota ( what I learn ) troubleshoot , calibrating , testing , rework ( management ) respectful and supportive ( co-workers ) , respectful and willing to lend a hand ,( hardest part of the job ) when machines would malfunction , ( most enjoyable part of job ) leading my guys helping and teaching as much as possible
An energetic and interesting place to work, and an excellent team.
Seasonal Kitchen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJanuary 12, 2016
The typical day of work at Bosch starts early and ends late, but it's an enjoyable work environment with good people. I learned how to work hard for room and board, how to make lifelong friends and how to enjoy a salad buffet. Management was effective, and coworkers worked together fluidly. The hardest part was leaving. The most enjoyable parts were learning how to do my tasks more proficiently.
Pros
Staff lounge was well stocked, and the scenic location in the redwoods made for excellent walks during lunch breaks.
Cons
Occassionaly deer and other woodland creatures obstruct the flow of pedestrian traffic.
Nice colleagues in BOSCH packaging Tech
Commercial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hangzhou, CNMarch 26, 2016
My daily work was contacting with customers via telephone and email. I visit customers often to help them to solve technical problems, sale spare parts, service, and maintain relationships.
Internally, I was responsible to coordinate with other departments. I worked hard and got ‘Best Employee’.

Professional Program offered by Global BOSCH
Communication & Interpersonal relationships Customer Oriented Sales
Basic Self-regulation Skills Workshop Skills
English Expression Skills Basic Sales Skill
Time and Pressure Management English Presentation Skills Basic

All my colleagues, in my department, are very nice people. We worked together as a high efficiency team.
Productive and fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Albion, INJuly 10, 2016
good sometimes fast pace days
learned how shrouds were defective or good
management was always there to help and keep busy
co-workers were all friendly
sometimes it was fast pace
friendly people to work around made the day go by fast
Pros
Free lunches, Good pay, Good Environment
Cons
N/A
good organization.
Good knowledge in Quality. (Former Employee) –  Any where in Bosch Ltd.September 8, 2016
good memories.
German culture is great.
willing to work in any where in Bosch ltd.
Good food and increment is also good.
Want to work in Germany and other parts of the world and i want learn more quality about Bosch products.
alirght job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MIAugust 5, 2015
The benefits are on par with most companies in the same field. The healthcare is a high deductible plan and It is a very people friendly company. The work atmosphere is very friendly and professional at the same time. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Bosch has organized structure, open discussion, flat administration, steady job which can last for a life time. Very good training system, diversity.
Cons
For the downside, bosch has relatively low salary, relatively low growing speed. They don't have their own brand in automobile, so the reputation and brand awareness for final customer is low.
My co workers mad the environment enjoyable to work in
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 17, 2016
Operated and tested parts for customer satisfaction. If parts were unsatisfactory they were disassembled and reassembled to be allowed to leave the plant. The most enjoyable part of the job were the individuals I worked with. The hardest part was working and going to school full time.
Extremely fast-paced engineering environment with management in the clouds
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Bern, NCJanuary 23, 2016
If you're a hard-working engineer, stop looking at this company right now. I'm only going to say that there are very good reasons why 50% of all salary employees turn over in 3 years. Here, hard work is generously rewarded with more hard work, and there are very few people like that who work here... many people are on Yahoo, Youtube, and their phones for 4-6 of their "8 hours". For the hard workers, check the parking lot before 6:30AM and after 6:30PM and on weekends (probably the same cars are there). The workload is extremely stressful and consists of more "band-aiding" things than creating good engineering designs.

If you're a less-hard-working engineer, this might be the company for you. You won't get fired for not doing your job. Environment is tense, but laid-back in the sense that you get to wear jeans and listen to music on your earbuds. Engineering work is honestly way under 10% of your actual work (not being sarcastic). The experience you get is mind-numbing and embarrassing to add to a resume.

The ceiling is pretty low. You have engineer 1, 2, and 3, then engineering group leader, then engineering manager, then plant manager. Most engineers take 5+ years to advance up any given level. Don't ask a manager or HR what the difference between engineer 1, 2 and 3 is, because literally no one knows.

Benefits are ok. You get only one health insurance option that annually increases in cost but decreases in coverage. 401k match is 100% up to 4%.

Management is a huge topic that I'd rather not talk about... I'll just say that they habitually create
  more... impossible timelines and expect you to wave your magic engineering wand and produce high quality work in an unrealistic timeframe. They typically live in the clouds and are not in-touch with engineers. Everyone knows this, even the managers themselves.

I used to enjoy working here because we made a great product. In the short 3 years I've been here, management has totally annihilated any sort of trace that that ever existed. This makes me unhappy that I'm working on projects that I'll never be proud of.
Great learning Expierience, Great Mangement Favorite Job!
NAFTA Coordinator and Engineer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INApril 17, 2016
A Typical day at work involved staying on task and completing work assigned. I would also have many people whom I worked around greet me and make me feel valued and welcome. I also loved that they offered the staff a cafeteria so leaving the building during the day was optional. I also met many interns and military officials from Germany and learned to speak basic German. By far one of the best places I have ever worked. My only regret is being hired as temp and expiring my position uncontrollable after 2,000 hours as they were doing very little hiring in at the time. I was so liked by many people who worked there that I played on the softball team and they begged the company to hire me in and at the time they had very little control in doing so, as they were continuing to downsize the company.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Temporary Employee
Great place to work. Very clean and productive.
Assembler/Material Clerk and Inspector (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 7, 2016
Very productive. I learned the difference parts of the fuel injectors. Also there are different types of injection. Working for Bosch has been and experience for me because I have learned so many things about the fuel injections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.