Bosch Employee Reviews

Terrible workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCSeptember 5, 2016
Treated badly an terrible job security. They followed me to the bathroom an talked down to workers. i will never work there ever again an do not recommend it to anyone.
productive place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Albion, INSeptember 1, 2016
great place to work would recommend to other people managment was great took time and cared about employees worked thirds
Pros
good money
Cons
working 7 days a week
Good company to work for
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILAugust 29, 2016
Wonderful experience while working for Bosch in Broadview, Illinois. Excellent Leadership and ample opportunity for career movement. Technical and operations training is world class. The benefits at Bosch AANA, are great especially when compared to what other companies are currently offering. The only reason I left is Bosch moved their distribution to Atlanta Georgia.
Pros
Onsite cafe
Cons
Slow to change
Be careful when join Bosch
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIAugust 25, 2016
1. Bosch expect you to grow automatically, the training/follow-up feed back is severely insufficient.

2. Bosch encourage you to work over time: it is not on the rule, but the task assigned to you definitely make you work over 50, even 60 hours per week, on an average Engineer;

3. Highly bureaucratic management.

4. Lack humanistic care: my colleague's wife is during pregnancy at her 9th month, the company still assign him to German for 8 weeks! He miss the most important moment in his life! Similar things happened very often.

5. HR is not nice to you, especially if you are a not US citizen: your green-card sponsorship, H-1 B are reluctant approve with delay.

Relatively good compensation; Good to be a manager in Bosch
productivity at bosch
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARAugust 24, 2016
work was easy and laid back. I learned how to pack products at a good pace.Management was ok i would say it could be a little better. the hardest part was working in the heat without enough drinking water.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unknown hours
good place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2016
Good benefits
Good work environment
terrible communications between departments.
little advancement possibilities
A lot of escaltion/task force
My co workers mad the environment enjoyable to work in
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 17, 2016
Operated and tested parts for customer satisfaction. If parts were unsatisfactory they were disassembled and reassembled to be allowed to leave the plant. The most enjoyable part of the job were the individuals I worked with. The hardest part was working and going to school full time.
Bosch
Weld Cell Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2016
Bosch was a great place to work, very family orientated. We had yearly Whitecaps baseball tickets and company picnics which included diversity days.
Quality inspection
Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  BangloreAugust 12, 2016
I has to inspect the ECU by aesthetically and technically ,And measurments of electronic active components and passive components, industrial documentation.
* A challenging but rewarding workplace
Value Stream Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 10, 2016
* Fast paced and results driven environment

* I Learned that you will never achieve true confidence or success without stepping out of your comfort zone.

* I Worked with some of the most talented managers with strong engineering back rounds that were committed to success. They were always approachable and willing to share their knowledge.

* My co-workers and I worked as one. We worked as a team and addressed problems in the same manner.

* The hardest part of the job was learning how to get all supportive groups of inter-connected processes to work together and consistently live up to their end of the task.

* The most enjoyable part of the job was making commitments to our customer and being able to deliver on those commitments.
Pros
Great pay and good benefits
Cons
Recent layoffs
Patience
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCAugust 8, 2016
This company taught me to stay patience even when things don't go my way. I have to remain focus and stay true to what I love doing
Review
Manager (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILAugust 7, 2016
A great place to work with dedicated staff and a group of people that really wanted to do the right thing. You were able to follow your passions and learn as much as you would like. A stable strucute with a very little turnover.
Review
Director (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILAugust 7, 2016
Being a German owned company, there was a lot of structure but eh domestic operations did their best to adapt to the local markets, the C level executives were great and it was a pleasure to have worked there.
Excellent place to work
Administrative assistant and project coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 30, 2016
Great people, organized, efficient and fun. Typical day would include opening mail, e-mails, preparing schedule for the day and week for the boss, organizing where the meeting would be, who gets invited. Ordering coffee, or lunch for meeting. Handling phones while boss is away from desk. Making travel arrangements, preparing expense reports, approving invoices, processing necessary HR paperwork for new hires. Preparing monthly reports, goals and objectives.
Management was pleasant and fair; sometimes overly demanding. A little prejudiced against women, expecting them to get coffee, handle personal tasks.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNJuly 26, 2016
Spent 30 years at this position ran all the machinery, and robots to make all different automotive parts
Used computer systems to move robots
used a forklift to move pallets
ran a line making brake parts for heavy trucks.
Bosch Tools Corporation
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCJuly 26, 2016
Working in Bosch is a great experience. Interacting with everyone and working in a production environment is awesome.
Bosch enviorment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIJuly 25, 2016
Fun friendly place to work at. If you don't know nothing they will show. This is where i first started welding at.
Pros
friendly environment, Good experience in car work and machine operating
Latest and greatest machinery and people to get a product into the public.
CNC Set-Up Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 13, 2016
Bosch is a great company. They strive to be the best at manufacturing products for the automotive industry. I leave work every day knowing that I contributed to the high standards that are in place.
Pros
Great pay, good benefits
Cons
a little too much overtime.
Great staff
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 12, 2016
I couldn't find a better place to work and love the people you are working with. everyone who works there was absolutely amazing. I was working through a staffing agency and they stopped giving me hours :(
Productive and fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Albion, INJuly 10, 2016
good sometimes fast pace days
learned how shrouds were defective or good
management was always there to help and keep busy
co-workers were all friendly
sometimes it was fast pace
friendly people to work around made the day go by fast
Pros
Free lunches, Good pay, Good Environment
Cons
N/A

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bosch. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2