Boscov's Department Store Employee Reviews

Extremely productive
Sales Associate shoes (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDMay 22, 2017
This was the best job I ever had! It gave me my first commission job and gave me the tools to make a lot of money while still going to school. I'd recommend to anyone who needs full time work
One could never make a living working there
Sales Associate / Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAMay 16, 2017
The main reason that they lose employees is that their pay rate per hour is not at all competitive. I liked the atmosphere, and the employees that I worked with. The hourly wage is what helped make my decision to look elsewhere.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
hourly wage, constant weekends, holidays
nice place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 11, 2017
nice place to work for great team everyone willing to help you even if they are busy with something else at the moment easy advancement vacaton with comapany after 3months of work 401k they make you feel special with there daily meeting
A job you might need for a moment to pay bills but not for a career
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, MDMay 10, 2017
A typical day at work was very physical . The work was never the problem but we were very underpaid. I've learned a lot about inventory, receiving duties, cashier duties and how to satisfy the customer. Management needs new staff that are more hands on with the employees and better with employee appreciation. The culture was balanced , but much to be desired as far as the quality of associates that are hired. The hardest part of the job was knowing you were underpaid and overworked . There is very little room for advancement and the scheduling conflicts with the everyday person that has special needs at home. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the guys in my department and having fun during work to make the time pass.
Pros
Days went by fast
Too political
Area Manager/Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 7, 2017
Don't expect to be rewarded for hard work and loyalty!
Favorites are already decided and chosen for advancement. Except too much from store level when Corporate level only worries about their bonus check. No sense of reality. Especially smaller stores. Systems are so outdated.
Its a nice store and clean
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMay 7, 2017
Nice employee discount and I love the juniors department and the girls department. Some managers are nice. People love the clothes and the everyday deals.
Pros
Nice close and deals
Cons
Only pay 20ยข a year raise and the benefits sucks.
Seasonal gig
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 6, 2017
Nice work environment. Too bad I was only hired for Seasonal Gift Wrap. When Santa Claus was gone, so was my job. I enjoyed wrapping gifts and it helped me get into the holiday spirit. Boscov's is a nice store. It has an "Old School " appeal. I have an application there for a sales associate, hoping to get a call soon. The occasional irate customer is outweighed by the many positive aspects of the job.
Pros
Nice coworkers, great customers, nice discount
Cons
Seasonal temp work.
Good place money was ok
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Fleet reading paMay 5, 2017
Worked as a truck driver for 2 yrs made a mistake that I could have been given a chance but was fired and thrown aside and they didn't care I LOST EVERYTHING I HAD AND THEY DID NOT CARE
Pros
Money
Cons
They don't care
It is a loving place to work at, very friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 3, 2017
Boscovs was a great job, they're opening was a successful opening. I enjoyed my short time working there. Interacting with the customers was my favorite part.
Pros
Great breaks
Cons
Walk to lunch and back
It's a good first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 3, 2017
I love my manager. I enjoy the department I have been working in. Not rocket science. Once you get the hang of it you'll be fine, but overall I do not like how they run things. I feel they are unfair, and the higher management enjoy to be praised in order for you to be noticed and included.
n/a
Junior's department lead sales associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAMay 2, 2017
Keeping my counters clean and ready for customers to view our product. Helping clients pick out the right product for them. Making sure they are happy when they leave my counter.
Pros
customer service
Cons
long hours at times
Friendly atmosphere
Varied (Current Employee) –  Pottsville, PAMay 1, 2017
Co-workers are like family, can be somewhat stressful at certain times of the year, generally relaxed atmosphere with friendly coworkers and customers
great place to work
Sales /Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MD 50April 26, 2017
atmosphere is good people are nice. The best thing about it is the customers. you make friends with your customers and perform excellent customer service . then its a easy job . lots of freight. every week. Be aware of your surroundings at all times . this is Retail . If you are just starting out there if ever you are not busy walk the dept straighten and familiarize yourself with whatever DEPT your in . even though things may change from time to time . Learn as much as you can . Get Charges . And Always be kind to your fellow coworkers and Customers . If you see someone needs help DO NOT hesitate. Help every person you walk by ask them if they need help .
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Long Holiday hours
A good start up job with great benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTApril 24, 2017
Boscov's is a great job for anyone looking for working experience in retail. A great place to be productive and spend your time actually making a difference on the sales floor. You are able to be reasonably creative but there isn't much room to move up in the company.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Human Resources is NOT willing to work with you.
Enjoyed working here.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDApril 21, 2017
Friendliness of all my co-workers. They care about every employee. Also, enjoyed helping customers' apply for a Boscov credit card. Most of the time employees got a Gift card for opening several accounts on a given day. Also, getting an award every year if you opened quite a few in a given year.
Pros
Birthdays off
I still don't know if i was officially let go or not
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Media, PAApril 21, 2017
I was a seasonal and they treated me and other seasonals like trash. At the end they told me to go home when i came to work and never told me i was fired or even acknowledged me after. to this day i get dirty looks for former coworkers even though i didn't do anything wrong.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything else
It is an okay place to work if you are going to work in retail
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJApril 20, 2017
It's an okay place to work if you work in retail. Good benefits, good people to work with, flexible hours, and good vacation time. Works well with my school schedule.
Great !!!
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Binghamton, NYApril 18, 2017
I enjoy my job. Very fast paced, always something new to deal with. I gained a lot of experience for the career I hope to have in law enforcement. I also enjoy my co workers.
Everyone worries about themselves
Mens Sales (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYApril 18, 2017
At the end of the day, everyone is for themselves. I was moved out of my commission department without notice and then hired new employees for that department. family run busines that doesnt promote from within.
fun, productive
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAApril 17, 2017
typical day is smiling and greeting the consumers that come in the store and being a help to those in need. Always being courteous to people and showing that their will always be help around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boscov's Department Store. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval