Boscovs

Boscovs Employer Reviews

good place to work
Department Manager of Men's Clothing, Basic (Current Employee), Exton, PAAugust 28, 2014
Good place to work, family oreintataed and nice benefits package (for full time workers)
very busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westminster, MDAugust 11, 2014
Pros: associates are pleasant
Cons: on-call frequently
nice place to work, promoted from within, good commission.
Easy work for terrible pay.
Loss Prevention Detective (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 5, 2014
This is a relatively easy job but the pay is awful. Management is a hindrance to LP. On the plus side, detectives are mostly left alone to work.
Excellent customer service
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: discounts fo employees, friendly co-workers
Cons: seasonal employment
Punctual
Cheerful personality
Able to remain calm in a stressfull situation
fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2014
I have learned how to work with all types of people from different walks of life. I also learn how to talk to people to convince them that opening a Boscov's credit card is on their best interest.
not what i expected
Loss prevention (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 14, 2014
i could never work for that place ever again they diddnt keep up on they promises or word i just feel as tho they could have way better organized
great workplace, not alot of opportinity for advancement
Auditorium Manager (Current Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 12, 2014
working at boscovs is somewhat boring, not very challenging and not within the field of study with regards to the degree i obtained.
Management is skilled but there should be more upper management jobs in order to streamline the sales process
co workers are friendly for the most part, some of them are tough to get along with
hardest part is the stress – more... from the customer service, they often are of the older variety and are difficult to talk to
most enjoyable part is helping management meet their sales goals – less
productive, higher than minumum wage,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Easton, PAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: short breaks
awesome staff, i loved everyone there, it felt like a community based store, and we encouraged each other so much.
Best place to work
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: nothing
I started as a simple cashier and moved up quickly to the assistant department manager of the China department. Working there was the most fun ever, everyone from lower to upper management was so nice and understanding . We did yearly picnics and I loved traveling with other managers for seminars on our products.
Customer Service Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: wrapping packages, aiding customers, answering phones, intercom communications
Cons: first line of complaints
I do love assisting others and it is its own reward. The departments were overhauled after I left to match employees to their strengths and made for many less complaints for the customer service department. Overall, it was pleasant and enjoyable.
job discription
Cashier (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 26, 2014
I had to operate a cash register, internet orders, answer phone, phone orders, as well as working the sales floor, and making sure the fitting room is clean .
I really enjoyed working with the stores and vendors.
Secretay (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 24, 2014
Pros: i loved the office atmosphere.
Cons: don't have any.
Started doing purchase orders as assigned by priority. I would do everything else I had to do once I got the purchase orders done. Worked on handling issues with stores and vendors. I was the type of person they loved as I would do anything required me to do. I was able to help out other secretaries as needed. All in all I did so much more than what – more... was required of me. – less
hard work
Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEJune 23, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: workload, compensation
good starter job, gained experience and some lifelong friends...
P.roductive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Egg Harbor Twp., NJJune 16, 2014
Pros: wonderful selection and prices and employee discount.
Cons: working nights and weekends.
Prepare for the day ahead in department. Open registers. Straighten and replenish stock. Do daily internet orders. Assist customers in selection of items. The hardest part is going up and down the stairs in the stockroom all day long.
fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Deptford, NJJune 3, 2014
i would stock selves all day it i learned how to talk to people better
Nice workplace.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAMay 15, 2014
My day started with the morning meeting where we would hear about the sales and promotions. I then went to my register and opened it to start the day. My co-workers were nice and welcoming and easy to work with. The hardest part of my job was when there was nothing to do during my shift until a customer needed my assistance. The most enjoyable part – more... of my job was taking and showing the customers the right item they were looking for because I knew the products we had and which ones best their needs. – less
Gret Work Enviorment
Loss Prevention detective (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJMay 15, 2014
Fast pace great environmental family of co-workers truly a team job
Warehoue duties
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster paMay 10, 2014
Some of my duties include, but are not limited to: unloading trucks, scheduling, and various store management duties. I have (7) three years experience , in retail operation of addition I have (15) ten experience warehouse management while enlisted with the United
It's a decent environment, just not the best pay
Sales Associate|Visionary (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYMay 10, 2014
You'll know on the first day whether Boscovs is for you, or not. It's not your typical department store, which is good. It's got a lot of history in the area, and the actual store is so ancient that it's kind of falling apart. Never had any problems with my co-workers, or management.
great
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYApril 22, 2014
I worked for them a couple of time they are great people to work for

1 2 3 4 5

About Boscovs

Outlet mall capital Reading, Pennsylvania, has conceived more than bargain shopping. It's given us Boscov's Department Store, – Read more

Boscovs Photos