Boscovs

Boscovs Employee Reviews

Not very enjoyable.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Exeter, PAJuly 2, 2015
Some people were really nice while others were miserable and not easy to work with. Management isn't good. Not a team oriented company.
Everyone worked great together. Boscov's was like a family enviornment.
Stockman (Former Employee), Easton, PaJune 29, 2015
Pros: There were a couple of my family members on the staff, so I got some great advice from them.
Cons: I worked during seasonal, so I was only there for a couple weeks.
From what I learned in Boscov's and about working retail in general, is that it's all about the consumer. Most people know what they want already when they come in because of coupons and different things online. So you have to be very attentive, and know where things are on your floor so you can help the costumer. I was on seasonal during the transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas so I had to very flexible.
Sales/Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Binghamton, NYJune 28, 2015
Boscovs was a very busy department store which required consistency in meeting every customers needs daily. Providing discounts,sales, returns, and opening savings cards for customers , kept the store extremely busy. Not only working to satisfy individuals was the main goal of Boscovs, but also keeping the floor clean and well organized was a necessity. All co-workers remained under strict management. My favorite thing about this job was switching floors to learn and work in the different departments of Boscovs.
not a place for growth
sales associate (Current Employee), harrisburg paJune 25, 2015
Pros: great location
Cons: no room for growth not a great pay
I help customers on a daily find things they are interested in or want I clean the department I deal with the cashier area, my co-workers are older woman that have been there for over 25 years and are now tired so my responsibility have become overwhelming I can handle projects extra work but at his point I don't see management being fair with scheduling or work load
It was a very nice work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), york paJune 21, 2015
I liked it a lot, I had a lot of fun and got to meet so many types of people it felt like I had my own family working there. I enjoyed it a lot id definitely work there again
I enjoy working for Boscovs
Estee Lauder Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJJune 11, 2015
Pros: Nice co workers
Cons: management not always the best
Cosmetics is a fun and hard place to work. I learned a lot working at Boscovs Cosmetics Department. The management is not the best, they do not always work with your outside life and taking days off. My co workers are very nice, and that makes it a nice place to work.
Positive Atmosphere, Good Coworkers
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), Exton, PAJune 9, 2015
The staff is friendly and supportive in regards to one another, customer service is handled professionally and positively.
one a average day Boscov's was a good place to work.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Special incentives were given and we had picnics and christmas parties
Cons: Just like all retail jobs working extra hours over the Christmas holiday was a con.
customer service is always number one in the retail world. I had to learn to very early on to stay calm around customers and co-workers. I have always loved helping people in anyway I can, it's one of the most enjoyable parts of being a department manager at Boscov's
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Johnstown PAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Black Fridy
taking care of customers in a timely manner. Management was very helpful and worked with my work schedule for my other job. Met and worked with a lot of good people. Hardest part of my job was Black Friday's but everything always went good. Seeing the face of a customer when they realized the bargains they were receiving.
Boscovs was a steping stone
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 22, 2015
I feel like my time at boscovs was an amazing stepping stone. I've learned time managment, paitence, and pride working here.
The company is customer service oriented
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee), White Marsh, MDMay 5, 2015
Pros: Getting educated in the human resources department.
I learned a lot of information in the human resources field. I became better equipped at working in a fast paced environment. I enjoyed working with customers.
Boscov's
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deptford, NJMay 1, 2015
At Boscov's I learned more about women's fashion along with helping customers pick out the perfect gift. Due to this job only being seasonal, Christmas shoppers were filled with questions and wanting to find the perfect gift. I was able to fulfill the customer's needs in finding items such as a nice handbag or scarf. It was a fun experience working here.
Typical Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYApril 16, 2015
It is what you would expect. A lot of youth working around class schedules and elderly working during retirement. management seem to take themselves and jobs very seriously amongst co workers who are not at all dedicated to the success of the comapny
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scranton, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: commission sales
Cons: Slow business periods
Able to preform various jobs from sales to assembly of products (outdoor grills and furniture). Contact with the public and co-workers was very enjoyable.
General office work/clerical
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Christiana, DEMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Working Saturday and Sunday
Cons: Meeting different people
Only looking for part time, 15-20 hrs. a week and no weekends. I am flexible and can work any time from 7am to 7pm. I am a people person and enjoying coming in contact with them.
Dealing with the public
Retail Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Toms River, NJMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Putting time into a customer needs and having the patience to make them happy.
Cons: Not being able to fit someone for shoes due to lack of stock.
My typical work day consist of stocking shoes in stockroom {2 flts of stairs). Maintaing floor, keeping it tidy and desireable looking. when store is open my duty along with the above is to sell shoes and open credit card accounts.
good place to work and advance
department manager (Current Employee), Deptford, NJMarch 12, 2015
Pros: works well with employees
Cons: not enough pay
fun great place to work. good chances to move up and pay your dues and you will be have. work well and make it on time and your jobs secured.
i enjoy meeting new people, and making them laugh
boscovs restaurant (Current Employee), Dover, DEMarch 5, 2015
Pros: one meal per shift
Cons: being forced to work night shift, where theres no business.
I've almost been there for 2years. Not able to see advancement, for day shift hours for which I have inquiried about. Some co-workers I feel don't respect me enough. I become an instant mom to my coworkers when I arrive for my shift, I clean up our area of coffee stains, coleslaw spillage, restock everything that they used throughout their shifts.
All about the business
Department Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 4, 2015
Managed the ladies accessory department. Maintained selling floor and stockroom. Tracked sales and adjusted inventory. Run the cash register.
Good enviroment to work in, co-workers were very nice and helpful
cashier (Former Employee), Deptford, NJMarch 3, 2015
I liked working as boscovs. I would come in early and every one would still smile and welcome you. The managment was very felxible with the scheldules and very understanding. I really did not think this job was hard. Everything was pretty much common sence with the register, and other then that I would put clothes away.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boscovs

Outlet mall capital Reading, Pennsylvania, has conceived more than bargain shopping. It's given us Boscov's Department Store, – Read more

Boscovs Salaries