Boscovs

Boscovs Employer Reviews

nice place
Sale Associate (Current Employee), EHT, NJOctober 1, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: mean customers
good co-workers mean customers, must complete a lot of task with very low pay. good for high school students or college students looking for a job.
Fun and energetic
Clinique Counter Manager (Current Employee), New JerseySeptember 30, 2014
the best part about this job is my coworkers they made the expience worth it all
WHAT IS IT LIKE TO BE A MANAGER??
Department Manager (Current Employee), Deptford, NJSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: having the ability to help others and make them happy and to be a leader to others
Cons: with great power comes great responsibility. now its my job to deal with customer complaints
TO BE A MANAGER IT TAKES MANY DIFFERENT SKILLS SUCH AS

Listening
Mediating
Mentoring
Motivation
Great co-workers not so great management
Loss prevention Officer (Former Employee), Eatontown, NJSeptember 25, 2014
A Typical day was to open or closed the store whatever shift I was on. Watch the store on the cctv to make sure merchandise does not leaving the store by unpaid customers.

Management at times could be a little childish but does work hard

My co-workers and I got a long very well.
The hardest part of the job was to keep up with management’s changes – more... in how she wanted the cctv to take pictures of people.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that I got to do something that I love to do and when I stopped someone for steal – less
Love the group of Ladies that I work with
Customer Service Associate/Sale Control Associate (Current Employee), White Marsh, MDSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: friends, seeing your repeated customers, discounts, awards
Cons: not enough people can do my job
As a Customer Service Associate: I answer customer’s calls and transfer them to the right department. I do sale, refunds, exchanges, credit card and layaway payments . I also hand out military discounts as well as 2 days Credit Card only Customer Service Associates is allowed to do those two things. I also gift wrap..

As a Sale Control Associate: I – more... collect all closing Cash Deposit Envelopes and get them ready for the next morning. Then I process them the following day for Garda Cash Services to pick up for delivery. I also do the media, credit card applications, &/ or send checks from the night before. At the times posted I give Cashier money. I always handle customer problems for example: if they don't having their receipts for a return or exchange, being overly charge, lost their ID/Credit Card & etc.

My manager is a fun & crazy women to work for.The hardest part of the job is working more then 8 hours a day & not enough coverage where you can get a 15 minutes break & not having help.
I love seeing my Ladies. – less
I loved going to work every day
HMS Host (Former Employee), Newark, DESeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: i really can't think of one
I worked all over the store but I was in the internet area most of the time which I shipped out merchandise that was bought buy customers
Learning new departments was fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Frederick, MDSeptember 5, 2014
I got to talk to and assist new customers everyday. As a floater i learned about new departments and how they were ran.
good place to work
Department Manager of Men's Clothing, Basic (Current Employee), Exton, PAAugust 28, 2014
Good place to work, family oreintataed and nice benefits package (for full time workers)
very busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Westminster, MDAugust 11, 2014
Pros: associates are pleasant
Cons: on-call frequently
nice place to work, promoted from within, good commission.
Easy work for terrible pay.
Loss Prevention Detective (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 5, 2014
This is a relatively easy job but the pay is awful. Management is a hindrance to LP. On the plus side, detectives are mostly left alone to work.
Excellent customer service
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Reading, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: discounts fo employees, friendly co-workers
Cons: seasonal employment
Punctual
Cheerful personality
Able to remain calm in a stressfull situation
fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2014
I have learned how to work with all types of people from different walks of life. I also learn how to talk to people to convince them that opening a Boscov's credit card is on their best interest.
not what i expected
Loss prevention (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 14, 2014
i could never work for that place ever again they diddnt keep up on they promises or word i just feel as tho they could have way better organized
great workplace, not alot of opportinity for advancement
Auditorium Manager (Current Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 12, 2014
working at boscovs is somewhat boring, not very challenging and not within the field of study with regards to the degree i obtained.
Management is skilled but there should be more upper management jobs in order to streamline the sales process
co workers are friendly for the most part, some of them are tough to get along with
hardest part is the stress – more... from the customer service, they often are of the older variety and are difficult to talk to
most enjoyable part is helping management meet their sales goals – less
productive, higher than minumum wage,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Easton, PAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: short breaks
awesome staff, i loved everyone there, it felt like a community based store, and we encouraged each other so much.
Best place to work
Assistant Department Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 6, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: nothing
I started as a simple cashier and moved up quickly to the assistant department manager of the China department. Working there was the most fun ever, everyone from lower to upper management was so nice and understanding . We did yearly picnics and I loved traveling with other managers for seminars on our products.
Customer Service Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Frederick, MDJuly 3, 2014
Pros: wrapping packages, aiding customers, answering phones, intercom communications
Cons: first line of complaints
I do love assisting others and it is its own reward. The departments were overhauled after I left to match employees to their strengths and made for many less complaints for the customer service department. Overall, it was pleasant and enjoyable.
job discription
Cashier (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 26, 2014
I had to operate a cash register, internet orders, answer phone, phone orders, as well as working the sales floor, and making sure the fitting room is clean .
I really enjoyed working with the stores and vendors.
Secretay (Former Employee), Reading, PAJune 24, 2014
Pros: i loved the office atmosphere.
Cons: don't have any.
Started doing purchase orders as assigned by priority. I would do everything else I had to do once I got the purchase orders done. Worked on handling issues with stores and vendors. I was the type of person they loved as I would do anything required me to do. I was able to help out other secretaries as needed. All in all I did so much more than what – more... was required of me. – less
hard work
Manager (Former Employee), Dover, DEJune 23, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: workload, compensation
good starter job, gained experience and some lifelong friends...

1 2 3 4 5

About Boscovs

Outlet mall capital Reading, Pennsylvania, has conceived more than bargain shopping. It's given us Boscov's Department Store, – Read more