Boscovs

Boscovs Employer Reviews

good place to work and advance
department manager (Current Employee), Deptford, NJMarch 12, 2015
Pros: works well with employees
Cons: not enough pay
fun great place to work. good chances to move up and pay your dues and you will be have. work well and make it on time and your jobs secured.
i enjoy meeting new people, and making them laugh
boscovs restaurant (Current Employee), Dover, DEMarch 5, 2015
Pros: one meal per shift
Cons: being forced to work night shift, where theres no business.
I've almost been there for 2years. Not able to see advancement, for day shift hours for which I have inquiried about. Some co-workers I feel don't respect me enough. I become an instant mom to my coworkers when I arrive for my shift, I clean up our area of coffee stains, coleslaw spillage, restock everything that they used throughout their shifts.
All about the business
Department Manager (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 4, 2015
Managed the ladies accessory department. Maintained selling floor and stockroom. Tracked sales and adjusted inventory. Run the cash register.
Good enviroment to work in, co-workers were very nice and helpful
cashier (Former Employee), Deptford, NJMarch 3, 2015
I liked working as boscovs. I would come in early and every one would still smile and welcome you. The managment was very felxible with the scheldules and very understanding. I really did not think this job was hard. Everything was pretty much common sence with the register, and other then that I would put clothes away.
hard work at a steady pace
Shipping and Receiving Worker (Former Employee), Frederick, MDFebruary 25, 2015
unloading and loading trucks loading customer cars with merchandise building floor displays cleaning inside and out side trash
Very fun fast pace job working with people and sales
Sales man (Former Employee), Salisbury MDFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: good lunch breaks
Cons: n/a
Basically came in every morning counted the money in the register, open the register, cleaned up the area, folded cloths, put cloths up, brought cloths out, rang customers up either with cash or credit card. All around good job.d
great seasonal work
Sales /Associate (Former Employee), Lebanon, PAFebruary 2, 2015
*Selling merchandise and providing customer service as per company standards (i.e., greet and acknowledge customers, solid product knowledge, and all other components of customer service)
*Maintaining the appearance of the selling floor
*Performing marketing activities such as opening new Boscov’s charge accounts to achieve goals set by the company
*Accurately and efficiently completing all transactions and paperwork while adhering to all company policies and procedures
*Maintaining an awareness of advertised merchandise; processing and maintaining stock by assisting in receiving, folding, straightening, and replenishing merchandise
Produtive and friendly work place
cashier/stock (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Would go in and start stocking shelves at 8 am then when the store would open take care of customers and would put out merchandise that was new or needed learned how to run cash register inventory stock shelves floor planning customer service co workers are very friendly and helpful very clean and organized place to work
I have had better jobs and worse jobs. On a scale of 1 (being worse) to 5 (the best), I would rate Boscov's a 2.
Sales associate (Current Employee), Egg Harbor Township, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches on occasion during intense sale promotions (approx.3-4 times annually), a $2 bonus for opening new charge accounts (for me approx. 6-8 per month)
Cons: short meal breaks and very irregular weekly work schedules
Job Work/Life Balance: Very erratic. You never know from week to week your days off or what hours you are scheduled.
Compensation/Benefits: Basic pay is minimum wage for what is required of you. Benefits are satisfactory.
Job security/Advancement: Follow the rules and you are secure. There is minimal room for advancement.
Management: Fair.
Job Culture: Atmosphere is tolerable with an adequate break room.
this was a retail job to work part time to compensate my Highmark salary.
sales clerk (Former Employee), Camp Hill, PAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the people i worked with and had some regular customers that always asked for me.
Cons: setting up seasonal merchandise and changing the entire floor for each season.
I worked the seasonal department and was responsible for the collectibles. We kept out own inventory and I assisted with that. At Christmas we sold Christmas items and trees. In the spring and summer it was patio merchandise and plants. My supervisor relied on my heavily and when he would be off he would ask my to supervise the other employee on the days I worked. The company offered me a manager position but it would not pay the bills. I kept my full time job at Highmark and only left this position when Highmark offered me more hours and to work from home.
Very fun,challenging and goal oriented work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 14, 2015
Employee's,Management and Store Manager are all very nice and very helpful.Any problem you have ask a co-worker or any management they will help you and I very happy and grateful working for this company.
it was great
Furniture and Bedding Sales Associate (Current Employee), Salisbury, MDJanuary 8, 2015
i like it very much, it was a great place to work!!! I like it I like my leader and I like the sales that they have
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), York PaJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
I learned how to handle business by myself, I've never dealt with management before. My co-workers are very nice polite and helpful. The hardest part of my job was learning the menu without looking . The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and seeing them leave the store happy.
this was really good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Media, PAJanuary 6, 2015
I loved working here open store register, making sure all items are away from the dressing room Makin sue trying to open charge cards.
Fun place to work
Receiver (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJanuary 2, 2015
Was a great place to work. Got along well with co-workers. Enjoyed assisting co-worker with their job duties every day.
Boscov's is a family environment .
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Media, PAJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch around the holiday season
Cons: short breaks and health insurance
my typical day at work is mainly working with customers and team members complete transactions and keeping the customer's happy at all time. I learned how to talk to customers thats not my age and I also learned how to do internet orders and inventory. The hardest part of my job is tell a customer no we dont have the item your looking for, but the enjoyable part of my job is getting the customer to change their mine on things we dont have and to buy items that we do have.
nice place to work
Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee), Deptford, NJDecember 15, 2014
Boscov's is a good company to work for. Benefits are good and the customers are the greatest.
Productive Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PADecember 1, 2014
I was only there as a seasonal person but I had a good experience there. They were flexible and my co-workers were nice to work with. But because I was only there a month and I knew I was seasonal I knew i wouldnt advance to anything
high energy and fun work environment
Shoe Department Manger (Current Employee), Monaca, PANovember 14, 2014
Busy retail environment with friendly and efficient management and co-workers. Hardest part of job finding others who would or could multi-task in certain areas.
Not Bad
Cashier (Current Employee), Johnstown, PANovember 13, 2014
Its not a bad place to work, although (some) management and human resources are difficult to deal with at times. Pay isn't the greatest but it's retail what do you expect. The coworkers (yet again some) are great.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boscovs

Outlet mall capital Reading, Pennsylvania, has conceived more than bargain shopping. It's given us Boscov's Department Store, – Read more

Boscovs Salaries