BOSH GLOBAL SERVICES

BOSH GLOBAL SERVICES Employer Reviews

Great people to work with
AP Specialist/Accounting (Former Employee), Newport News, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: potlucks, employee benefits, family events
Cons: pto include sick and holiday time off
Family type feel, productive workplace.
Management staff very friendly and educated about the industry. Flexible schedules approved, fast pace work environment. I learned many new things about the industry from co-workers and management staff. Executive staff has an open door policy which worked well at all levels.
Team Oriented, Loves their employees!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT(Temporary) (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: team oriented, promotability, free lunchess, benefits, atomosphere
Cons: temp contract, subject to change w/o notice, salary low for admin position
I started BOSH with so much excitement being that 2 previous Administrative Assistant had been promoted to more serious roles within the company. That intrigued my interest because I wanted nothing more than to grow and find a home. However, I must of came in the midst of some changes because after 3 weeks there, my temp contract was terminated due to the company moving in a different direction. Unfortunately, first one in first one out is still a concept utilized. However, I can not say anything bad about this employer. I got great references and developed more of a network than I had going in. I made new friends and I feel more like I am departing a community than a job. Bosh does focus on promoting from with in and they really do CARE for their employees. So regardless of the outcome of my position, the overwhelming positive atmosphere and the welcoming nature of the employees including management, has made this a bittersweet departure. Not to mention that they are Veteran friendly. You know a lot of jobs claim to Veteran friendly by having you fill out special forms but they hardly cater to that belief. BOSH absolutely does and you will meet former veterans here and they are all great.
Logistics, UAV maintenance
Field Service Representative (Current Employee), Newport News, VASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: tempo
Cons: no comforts, hostile fire, lack of food
12 hrs a day 7 days a week, 365 days straight work in extreme weather. Rather work with positive people with good attitudes, anything is possible when there is a well managed, supported team
Decent Benefits and Great Co-Workers
Communication Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Springfield, OHAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great team, hardworking hr
Cons: high turnover, shift work
My role is to provide 24/7 IT support to an ANG RPA SOC. I typically work between 80 and 90 hours a pay period. I would consider my position relatively low stress. I work at a remote site away from the corporate offices. My overall opinion of the corporate HR and management is mostly positive as I've never hit any kinds of "road blocks" when dealing with them. The only issue I have found so far is that the turnover has been very high, as in, most people seem to only work for the company for 1 to 2 years and then they're gone. We can't seem to keep people around and all the people that leave have moved on to similar jobs in roughly the same geographic area with higher pay and regular hours. This trend has led me to start looking for other positions elsewhere and it's basically only because I can do almost the same thing with an easier schedule and 10% more money.
Small Company BIG VALUES
Cyber Systems Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Warner robins, GAJuly 29, 2014
BOSH is a small company with less than 200 employees trying to grow and do better by its employees. Whenever there is a change needed all one has to do is move it up the chain of command and the company's president and owner will be in contact with you to try to better your experience there. Not many companies will have a president that cares as much, and I'm glad to be at this company that does.
USAF Contractor
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee), Langley AFBOctober 28, 2013
Pros: hire good people, good site lead
Cons: contract work
Good Company, it is hard to win contracts with the government in flux. Overall I enjoyed my time
Great People, Poor Choices of Contracts
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), Newport News, VAApril 1, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: poor business skills and contracts.
The people that work in the office and support the forward deployed personel are amazing. The choices that are made by the the group acquiring contracts aren't making the best choices and causes layoffs of a lot of people. I would look for a company that has a more stable footing. BOSH is great but they are young in a unmanned game that has been fielded by larger companies. They are having a tough time holding thier own.
Horrible
Systems Administrator (Former Employee), TucsonMarch 22, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
This place is awful and is comprised of mostly bad management that shows favoritism to a select few "company men". If you haven't been working here for at least 2-3 years, expect to be treated like dirt unless you are willing to work numerous hours of overtime without compensation. This is an awful company and you should definitely keep your distance.
Very nice place to work. Enjoyed my job.
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJuly 8, 2012
Good management, and very nice company values. They are flexible with my work schedule to accommodate personal things.