Bosley Employee Reviews

great work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2017
great workplace , excellent work enviorment, great team and staff. bonuses throughout the year. monthly staff meetings. work around your schedule if needed
Pros
free lunch reinbursment metro card
Cons
no sick pay
Great learning experience; Poor moral among management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 4, 2017
Worked for this company for almost a year. Was so excited and ready to work. 5 months in, management didn't know how to manage and not panic everyday. Interpersonal skills were sub-par. They build files/cases on all employees and never confront you or “evaluate” you until months after an incident. Protocol is not followed and you can be let go based on hearsay. MY coworkers, and Doctor were a blast to work with. I learned so much. Miss the ppl not the management!
Pros
Meeting new ppl everyday; coworkers
Cons
Poor management, long hours, inconsistent work
exciting work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CADecember 2, 2016
A typical day at work would be helping assist patients when they first arrive. Then, helping the patients get comfortable while taking vital signs. Bosley provides movies, snacks, and lunch to keep the patients comfortable and entertained. It's such a fun working environment. The management was very professional and caring. The office at Bosley was much like family. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the patients during surgery. I learned so much from so many different personalities.
Pros
free lunches and bonuses
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks
A company built on a high standard of excellence
Purchasing & Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CASeptember 10, 2016
My job assists our offices to function properly. The end result of that is strong patient care within Hair Restoration.
Frustrating
Senior Counselor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 22, 2016
It can be a decent paying job if you live in a state or area that isn't expensive or have high taxes. Your base salary will never change.

The bonus structure will change and be lowered if you do good in order to keep you making what leadership feels you should make or not make.

There really is no room for advancement.

Your monthly goals are given to you after the month starts to see where you have started out at and can be unrealistic to meet many times and make bonus.
Pros
Nice people to work with depending on where your office is located.
Cons
No 401K Match, Bonus structure
Fun place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 19, 2016
Bosley is a fun and exciting place to work at. The staff and physician are awesome and great to work with. I like that it's a lot of team work with good commutation.
Cons
late hours
upper management in SF office had horrible practices
Sales/Membership Director (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2016
Save yourself the headache by never working for this company, especially in the San Francisco office! You will regret working for such horrible upper management.
Unethical Place to work for!
Office Manger (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 26, 2014
This company has no respect for their employees. There is a lot of hearsay and management will fire you on a whim. Management has no respect for the medical assistants that do all the hard work or for front management. It is by far the most terrible place to work and HR management is at the root of all of the unprofessionalism that wreeks throughout the company. You will work very long hours and management will not care if you drown. Extremely unethical company that do not appreciate the customers that spend thousands of dollars for services.
Cons
I would give it zero stars if I could
MA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 20, 2014
Horrible management that didn't do anything about my concerns. The hrs were random and I never knew what time I was getting off. For the labor intensive work required the pay was not enough. The Dr was nice to work for but his skill set was sub par and patients often complained about their results. There wasn't any teamwork amongst the MAs. The senior ones were allowed to do whatever they wanted and the office manager let them.
good place to work, competitive salary and benefit package
med assistane (Current Employee) –  PhilaAugust 21, 2014
Bosley offers a friendly work environment. It offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Learning experience
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 17, 2014
BUSY
PERPARING the follicular units
HOW TO TRANSPLANT
COWORKERS PLASANT
busy and friendly work place
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2014
you answer phone and confirm procedure appointment, pre-make patient chart, chart review after clinic done, my manager goes between two clinic, all of my co-worker are team player, it hard when we have to do monthly clean, when always come back happy with their result
Pros
we do potluck for each employee birthday
Cons
closing by your self
productive and very busy
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2013
I learned how to multi task a large volume of work. I directed a staff of over 40 employees, it was like a rush all day and i loved it. The front and back office staff worked together as one large team which made it alot easier for the patients to have a successful outcome. The hardest part of the day was sending people home.
Pros
event parties
management sucks!!!!!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2013
I have only worked at bosley for almost 2 years. I have learned a lot! All that put a side the management is horrible. They want you to be a team player when they aren't at all. One of them is in there office all the time. It says not a smoking job. Supervisor smokes all the time. Yes they HAD great benefits. But from what other employees have said it used to be better. You don't have a set schedule. You never know when you will be off or if you'll even have a patient one day. I was told they were at work once til 1 am. The staff is great and I have met great people. But I can't wait to leave.
Pros
great staff. great results for patient's.
Cons
management is horrible.
Poor management cased poor crew moral
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 12, 2013
This job was repetitive and was very physically demanding. I learned how to tend to pt and be aware of my surroundings. The entire management team was horrendous. They breed poor moral between the crew, The hardest part of this job was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping the patients and seeing the difference my job made in their life.
Pros
making a difference in ppls life.
Cons
hardly any breaks
Good place to work if your single boca raton,fl
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Boca ratonDecember 15, 2012
I worked at Bosley in boca raton, fl and basically all I could say is that you have to be the right fit from the beginning and play their game and you will be ok. Don't get me wrong other Bosley offices are Great but that particular office is questionable.
Pros
good schedules
A very rewarding position where I get to help patients achieve their hair restoration goals
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 3, 2012
Consult with patients and explain the many aspects involved before considering hair restoration. Additionally, there are many team members involved in the process. This involves strong sales and communication skills as you are in constant communication with doctors, nurses and clinical staff.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the patients.

The hardest part of the job is not being able to help patients that can not do a procedure given a medical condition or limited donor hair availability.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
not being to help patients with certain medical conditions
Co workers were like family and the Patients were great.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2012
When I first started it was a nice place to work and pay and benefit was reasonble until new management took over. First our bonus was stop follwing by our 401K match and then our raise stopped. That was not the end, workers started to get lay off so one staff had to do 2 to 3 people work and that was the start of we the workers getting injured which lead to be unemployed.
Pros
overall the patients were please with our work.
Cons
company dont care about the employees
Great Place to work at
Receptionist/ Confirmation (Former Employee) –  Beverly HillsDecember 15, 2011
I worked for Bosely from 2004-2007. I started out as a Patient Service Representative. Within a year, I became a receptionist and then a Confirmation Representative. I did this while in college and I must say it was a great experience.
Pros
advancement, company lunch monthly, job satisfaction overall
Cons
outbound calls as a psr