The Boston Athenæum seeks a Web Designer/Developer who will be the creative and technical force behind the Boston Athenæum’s web presence. Specifically, the Web Designer/Developer is responsible for the design, development, and management of the main website and its associated websites. This position reports to the Systems Administrator, is fulltime with full benefits and is classified as exempt.
- Manage the Boston Athenæum’s web presence, refresh designs, and add new features as appropriate
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the website and verifying that the site is accurate, up-to-date, and accessible
- Work with the departments to ensure that information is correct, is formatted properly, and that there is a consistency of presentation
- Create graphics including logos, icons, and banners
- Serve as part of a website content committee
- Post global features and emergency messages such as closings
- Responsible for setting up (including migration if applicable) and managing any hosted web solutions
- Responsible for web analytics and search engine optimization
- Implement testing/development as appropriate (A/B testing, development environment)
- Update Content Management System (CMS) and modules as necessary
- Oversee integration and design of other web resources (ContentDM, Flickr, Vimeo, Issuu, Net Community, Planned Giving, etc.) and update them as appropriate
- Maintain and develop specialized websites such as exhibitions, focused databases, Intranet, and Extranet as necessary
- Aid in the formatting and design of email newsletters
- Serve as the point person for website issues and inquiries (includes the website email address)
- Provide training to staff on web technologies as appropriate
- Edit and post videos and audio to media hosting sites
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, web design, or related field
- Demonstrated experience with Apache, MySQL, and CMS, Drupal preferred
- Skilled at creating web graphics
- Able to create skins/templates and design pages for multiple devices including smart phones and multiple browsers
- Capable of installing and upgrading a CMS and modules
- Knowledge of XML, XSD, XSLT
- Experience with video editing
- Experience with integrated library systems (ILS)
Position is available immediately.
For further information see http://www.bostonathenaeum.org.
Please include cover letter.
The Boston Athenaeum is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Indeed - 14 months ago