Boston Beer Company

Boston Beer Company United States Employee Reviews

Work Hard Play Hard for great company
Payroll/Accounts Receivable Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2015
Great people and a great company, benefits were outstanding including free beer and the culture was second to none as they allowed you to wear shorts in the summer.
Great culture. Great people. Great leadership.
Region Manager for Illinois and Wisconsin (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2015
The Boston Beer Company continues to exemplify the entrepreneurial spirit of its founder, Jim Koch.

A fun, vibrant, creative company that changed the way people and our retail customers think about beer.

Great team spirit and camaraderie.

Management provides great marketing and training resources.

All levels know how to sell the product.

Passion is the company's greatest asset.
totally unprofessional
packaging operator (Former Employee), breinigsvilleJanuary 28, 2015
Was given the run around for roughly 6 weeks after going in for interview. The interview went well but from that point on, someone was always either "sick" or on "vacation". In the end I was basically informed that i was not qualified to operate machinery or forklifts even though I have a stable work history, college and years of military experience. The entire process was completely unprofessional and surprising for a company such as Sam Adams.
Corporate You are only a number culture
Reliability engineer (Current Employee), Breinigsville, PASeptember 24, 2014
Don't work here. Budweiser is taking over the company. It was good when I began employment, but has since declined greatly.
Only Caucasian Allowed !!!!!!!!!!!!
Samuel Adams (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAAugust 29, 2014
Cons: they act like they care for you
Caucasian only allowed @ Samuel Adams. I had a prefect résumé and background. My interview went great .They even told me , they need 20 new employee. 99% of Samuel Adams were Caucasian when I took the tour. I will call the OCR to investigate!!!!!!!
Racism at it's best.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAMarch 23, 2014
Just a reminder that racism is prevalent. Contract worker, I was spoken to horribly, as if I was a doormat for the trainer's frustrations. Pay rate is decent.
High school all over again
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 18, 2013
People here would play the high school he said she said game if they do not like you.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Account Manager (Former Employee), Southern NJApril 3, 2013
Pros: fun industry, great brands, company with integrity
Cons: poor work life balance, must relocated for career advancement
Great brands, solid management, fun environment, solid culture. Long hours, nights & weekends, hard to balance personal life.
Account Manager
Account Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: great beer, employee contests, training
Cons: started losing culture
Great company and great benefits. Great training for employees. Company did lose a lot of its culture which made it great through the years. National Meetings were always fun!
Sell Beer and Make Money
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 17, 2012
Pros: free beer; no cubicle
Cons: compensation; unrelenting schedule
Working for a beer company certainly had its perks. Getting free beer and working in fun environments like bars and restaurants was fantastic. The hours were a bit hectic. There is no "typical day" in the beer industry, which is good and bad. It was never stagnant or boring, but you couldn't plan you personal life more than two weeks ahead of time. You could work 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday, or work all nights and weekends for months. I definitely learned how to be a superior salesman during my tenure. I learned how to build meaningful and successful relationships as well.
Accurate Review
Account Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 26, 2012
Pros: the beer
Cons: 5+ days a week
Working 5+ days a week. If your looking to have a work-life mentality than this may be the perfect job. If you enjoy your weekends or looking to start a family than this is not the job for you. Sales training is very repetitive and somewhat pointless at times. To be successful here you have to drink the "kool-aid" and is very political. The best way to explain it is almost a high school mentality, everyone talks and there are always rumors floating around.
Passionate Sales Company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 13, 2012
A company with a passion for beer that filters down from Jim Koch. There's a small feel despite its growing size. Great co-workers, product and vision.

About Boston Beer Company

The Boston Beer Company, Inc. (Boston Beer) is engaged in the business of producing and selling low-alcoholic beverages throughout – Read more