Senior Market Research Analyst (SMRA)
Purpose of Position
Boston Biomedical Consultants, Inc. (BBC) actively analyzes the entire In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) industry, providing consulting services and market research capabilities to clients. IVD products are medical tests that examine samples to detect, diagnose, and manage medical conditions. This niche market generates >$40 billion in revenue and is in constant flux with new technologies, mergers and acquisitions, and new companies.
The SMRA is a professional staff member of BBC who leads market research and consulting projects. In addition to holding all of the responsibilities of MRAs, SMRAs communicate directly with clients, are responsible for the supervision and development of MRAs, and ensure that projects are completed to the consultants' specifications efficiently and on time. An SMRA must be a high energy, dynamic individual seeking to follow the evolving IVD industry, which continues to grow and develop synergies with imaging and pharmaceuticals.
- At least three years work experience in a consulting or diagnostic setting
- A B.S. or B.A. with academic excellence; MBA and/or language skills is a plus
- Proven analytical and conceptual skills that have enabled the candidate to excel in academics and prior work positions
- Demonstrated leadership potential through successful management of subordinates and/or through specific examples of initiative and leadership in a work or non work setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn new information and quickly build a knowledge base
- Capacity to handle a high degree of multitasking on a daily basis
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Developing in depth knowledge of the specific companies and markets using internal BBC files (e.g., financial, product), with responsibility for updating information
- Building and maintaining a contact network across IVD industry personnel, IVD laboratories (i.e., IVD product end users), health care providers, regulatory/ government personnel related to the IVD business, and university/clinical research personnel
- Keeping apprised of developments in the IVD industry through continuous surveillance of scientific literature, company reports, and medical publications
- Conducting telephone and in person interviews with primary information sources
- Developing company/product profiles and competitive assessments
- Performing computational checking and editing of spreadsheets
- Writing sections of reports and contributing to analysis and graphics of projects.
SMRAs are responsible for designing work plans, assigning project tasks, collecting and analyzing relevant data, writing and preparing reports, and ensuring that projects meet the consultants' standards within predetermined deadlines and budgets. SMRAs are responsible for communicating project progress to team members as well as the consultants, the administrative staff, and in select cases, the client.
Aside from general project management, SMRAs play a crucial part in BBC's annual IVD market assessment. As a team, SMRAs ensure that the assessment progresses smoothly and efficiently. This is accomplished through thorough planning, MRA training, continuous progress monitoring, and consistent support for other BBC staff members. In short, SMRAs remove roadblocks to the annual IVD assessment's progress and make sure that MRAs understand and efficiently complete their responsibilities.
- Client Relationship Management
SMRAs are primary contacts for BBC clients and manage client communication. They are responsible for understanding specific clients' businesses and interests. They actively notify clients of current competitive market developments through information alerts and other correspondence. While SMRAs do not have project sales quotas, they support the consultants' sales efforts by preparing proposals. SMRAs are strongly encouraged to generate and act on their own sales leads with both existing clients and new clients.
SMRAs are responsible for the supervision and development of MRAs. SMRAs train MRAs, build and evaluate their weekly work plans, ensure that they comply with BBC policies, assign tasks, provide performance feedback, and in general, provide them with a means to build the skills necessary to become a SMRA. SMRAs are held accountable for the work of their MRAs. SMRAs should work to ensure that their MRAs meet or exceed position requirements and can achieve 70% billable goals. SMRAs communicate MRAs' successes, areas of improvement/development, concerns, and goals to senior staff members.
For consideration, please e mail Lauren Stegner with a cover letter stating your intentions/expectations and reference appropriate job title.
Boston Biomedical Consultants, Inc. is located at
410 Totten Pond Road, Suite 300
Waltham, MA 02451.