Boston Children's Hospital

Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive work place place. friendly environment
Help Desk Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
Pros: learn new things
Cons: short breaks 8 hours of sitting.
come sign on to my PC. log in to remedy. check my emails, log in to my phone.. answer 50-100 a day. log tickets to different departments . remote in to employee's PC to help them with there PC issues.
Hire many
Case Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 25, 2015
This company is ranked number one children's hospital in the world. This company offers many temp positions that my and or may not become permament.
Great place to work for
Transpoter (Current Employee), Boston MaJune 13, 2015
Pros: Working for Children's Hospital in Boston
Boston Children's Hospital is number 1 in the country.
The hardest part of the job seeing very sick kids from all around the world. They come to Children's because we are the best in all areas
of the hospital. Seeing the doctors working with these kids and caring for them like there own. Everyone is friendly and positive attitude. It makes me feel good and who i am and appreciate things in life.
fast-paced, great work environment
Social Work Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 28, 2015
Excellent learning and working environment. The supervision was supportive and helpful. Very collaborative, through communcation between and among disciplines.
Productive and fun work environment
Trainer/Analyst/Support Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 21, 2015
Exceptional leadership and outstanding work environment. Management and staff members are pleasant and helpful, providing for a great atmosphere to work in. The compensation and benefits are excellent, and it has been an overall great experience working at Boston Children's.
Very unfair to employees
Sr. Administrative Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: Treats employees like they are not people
Unfair and unprofessional, they go by what others say and not by the preformance of the new employee. A very he or she say situation. Leaves people looking bad in the eyes of others.
Welcoming workplace
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee), Boston MAMay 18, 2015
Being able to work with children of different ages was a great awesome experience. These has been two great years working with kids.
Great co-workers, but high-stress environment
Ambulatory Services Representative II (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Many office parties and free food & coffee, great co-workers
Cons: poor management, high turnover rate
Many of the coworkers are great to work with. The team has a great unified culture and most make an effort to smile and maintain a high level of positive energy. Parties are frequently hosted for other staff members and physicians at the hospitals expense. Great autonomous team spirit.

However, this is a fast-paced, high-stress environment with poor management that cycled between hands-off and micromanaging. – more... Supervisors never have your back when stressful situations arise. Physicians never accept responsibility for errors and the heat falls squarely on the employees. Work is given with little practical training on how to implement it. More work keeps piling on endlessly and employees are expected to stay late to finish a never ending list of duties without overtime pay. Workers are treated as robots rather than human beings. Focus claims to be on teamwork, but workers are frequently undervalued and little respect and consideration is given to individual needs causing workers to be pitted against each other when called to account. Small breaks throughout the day are frowned upon as one is expected to work until burning out. Little to no opportunity for advancement.

Definitely not a place for long-term employment – less
Great learning opportunities
Medical Technologist II (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2015
Great chance to work at one of the best hospitals in the country. Large laboratory allowing for many learning opportunities.
Great hospital with below average pay for non-clinical employees
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2015
Pros: environment, co-workers, best practices
Cons: pay
Boston Children's Hospital offered a great working enviroment at a state of the art pediatric hospital. There is much to learn and plenty of intelligent people to learn from.

There are a reasonable amount of opportunities for professional growth but you will most likely have to change departments.

Salary is definitely on the lower (maybe lowest) when compared to other hospitals in the longwood medical area. With that said, matching 403b (up to 5%) is a positive but is not vested until a tenure of 3 years.

Overall great hospital to work for, but needs to pay non-clinical employees more to increase retention
High energy work place with the success of healthy children in mind
Tribute Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 24, 2015
The most rewarding part of the day is knowing that in one or another I am contributing to an organization that helps heal children from all over the world and offers them a better quality of life.
Great employer and environment!
Milieu Counselor II (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 14, 2015
There's a reason why I have stayed at Children's Hospital for as long as I have. I enjoy working in an environment that allows both personal and professional growth. I am hoping to continue to work within the hospital as a social worker upon my graduation in May 2015.
Great place to work but the 4+ hour/day commute was unsustainable.
Research Administrator II (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 8, 2015
Managed hundreds of grants for the Principal Investigators. Also in charge of grant submissions as well. My coworkers were very enjoyable.
Opportunities for growth
Research Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 7, 2015
The work environment is supportive and friendly. There is something new to learn everyday. The educational resources provided by the hospital are valuable to my career growth.
Management needs to improve
Application Developer Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 4, 2015
The team might not know what they want out of you.
Needs might change too quickly, work - life balance gets difficult
Higher positions should have a clearer picture
Not bad, could be better
Health Information Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 30, 2015
Good company with great employees. Work can be a little monotonous but the pay is decent and you always feel that you are contributing to a greater good.
Productive Work Place
Ambulatory Service REp (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2015
I really like working here you learn a lot and it is a very busy department to work for. You get to learn alot about teamwork and interaction with clinical staff
Great place
PerDiem RN (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
Great place to work. Flexible schedule, competitive salaries. Providing state od the art care to children daily is very rewarding.
Small biorepository with likable employees
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Nice people, good baseline exposure to lab environment
Cons: not research
On a typical day at work, I complete many tasks around the lab. Usually, I extract DNA from blood, saliva, or plasma. After the DNA is extracted, I perform quality and quantity control analysis by using Nanodrop and Quant-it machines. In order to track samples throughout both of these processes, I label them and record their information (patient age, date collected, sample volume) in the Progeny – more... database. Depending on the preferences of the client requesting the extraction, I must aliquot a certain amount of the DNA and then store it in our freezers. I use the Progeny and BioStor databases to do so. Storage requires extensive knowledge of the freezer maps, which I update weekly. I also perform lab maintenance by cleaning the freezers and other machines in the lab, such as the Autopure LS. – less
A productive and fun place with great and supportive coworkers.
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee), Lexington, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: very busy
A typical day at work would be a very productiv eand busy one. Alot of patient care requests, some scheduling, and billing. My team is very helpful and supportive when available.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Children's Hospital

How do you measure success? At Boston Children’s Hospital, it’s measured in patients treated, parents comforted, and – Read more

Boston Children's Hospital Salaries