Boston Children's Hospital

Boston Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Good environment and excellent organizational culture and love the people l worked with
Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free ice cream on a hot da
Cons: office space
The typical day started at 7:30am, the work place was quiet with only a few surgeons in the office and l did all my planning of the day to day to do list, checked my emails, and my calendar and got ready for the day before 8:30am when most of the employees started coming in. At 9am had a one on one with my supervisor if he was in his office that day – more... to make sure that there are no emergencies that day or change of plan or unforeseen tasks, then after l would check in with staff and proceed to a meeting. Around 12noon, l would break for lunch if time allows, after, work on the project(s), email or arrange a few meetings, and around 2pm another meeting, and around 3pm take a walk for 10mins to move away from the work station with my colleague while discussing some way forward to improve the project and exchange ideas. Check in with other staff members and then lastly with my supervisor if he is available and lock up around 4-4:30pm to beat the traffic home.
I learned that when you start the day early you are fresh and can accomplish a lot and also having breaks between work is vital for your success and sanity. Management is there to help you work out what you need to achieve and if you are tactful they can support you personally and financially especially if you are dealing with projects.
Your co-workers are the best allies you can get at work if you have them on your side, team work becomes easier and they can help you in one way or the other.
The hardest part of my job at was commuting and the fact that l spent a lot of time in traffic - it was frustrating thinking that l would be doing my work or doing something more cost effective.
Working on different projects and improving systems like re-organizing of the clinical operations was challenging but very interesting and rewarding. The change that was beneficial to both admins and surgeons and other clinicians was great it gave me job satisfaction and quality improvement is exciting to undertake and when it happens its a joy. – less
Productive Workplace, energetic coworkers
Ambulatory Service Representative II (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: tough to move up, management didn't enforce consequences to employees who displayed a lack of effort
I loved working with people that were happy and energetic. Everyone made me feel important and I felt appreciation from the coordinators and employees that I helped process paperwork for, in order for these people to start working on time.

The hardest part of my job was knowing that I had so many job responsibilities, but a few of my coworkers in the – more... same position as mine, weren't given as many job duties. I felt comforted and satisfied knowing people felt like they could ask me to help them with anything and that I would get whatever they needed done in a time efficient manner. I loved being able to work hard and help so many people. – less
Great place to work full time
Brand Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 2, 2014
This is a great place to work if you can get a job as a full time employee.
fast paced , rewarding and upbeat
Administrative Associate/Orthopedics Department (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 29, 2014
dealing with and helping patients can be quite rewarding. the department tries to maintain a system that which forces us to work as a team, closely, and rely on one another
In-house Agency
Art Director/Senior Interactive Designer (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 15, 2014
I am a member of a 70+ MarCom department. I enjoy my position as creative lead and strategist. I've been involved in several key initiatives allowing me to expand my knowledge of the enterprise and form relationships outside of my department. I enjoy contributing to the culture of the organization and believe in the work that we do. I am fortunate to – more... work with great people everyday. – less
Productive work place and a really great team
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 27, 2014
Every Morning I come in I go to my desk area and start scanning doucmnets into powerchart which is patient's medical records

I aslo help the department administrative with projects that she needs help with
Not the best learning environment
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 16, 2014
The nurses and management could be rude and difficult to deal with at times. I didnt feel like I learned nearly as much as on my other internships. The hardest part of this job was not having much responsibility. The most enjoyable part of the job was playing with the infants and learning about child life specialists who helped calm the children during – more... procedures. – less
Productive work environment great work life balance
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: lung meetings
Cons: no back up support
A typical work day at CHB would go from copy machine not working properly to a power shut down. Communication and follow up is extemely important.I really enjoy helping others and learned that I like to plan, oragnize, and coordinate. I like to make sure that all goes well. I have also found myself training and mentoring new staff. My coworkers became – more... heavly dependent on me and they relied on me for EVERYTHING. I was the ultimate go to person partly becasue they knew that I would get it done. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed I would be asked to take on even more duties until a new person was hired. The most enjopable part of the job was knowing that people really look to me for asnwers and resolution. You have to learn to be resillent and forth coming especailly when so many staff memebers depend on you to get the job done! Knowing that gave me a great sense of self worth and gratittude.

RJ – less
Review
Patient Experience Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 4, 2014
Overall a wonderful place to start a career with great benefits.
Perfect position for a full time mother and part time employee
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: ultimate flexibility; excellent per line rate, educational.
Cons: compensation depends on content/availability of work pool. easy to max out on pay scale.
The greatest part of being a medical transcriptionist for a world-class hospital is that you are always learning and challenging yourself. Exposure to the latest in medical conditions, tests, procedures across all specialties and the language variations of non-native English speakers among the hospital's immense staff requires adaptability and attention – more... to detail in order to interpret and research unfamiliar content.

The best of both worlds, being an independent contractor transcriptionist offers ultimate flexibility and independence. I can work on my own schedule from the comfort of my own home, yet have the security of an off-site department manager who provides feedback and communication with hospital and medical staff if/when necessary.

Typical day: Log in, access the work pool via Fusion Desktop. Open, edit or transcribe documents matched to dictation voice files, ensuring accuracy in format and content. Upload completed documents, ensuring efficient turnaround in keeping with department objectives. Able to access up to the minute production rate and line count..

The flexible nature of the position is both the biggest pro and con. The availability of voice files in the work pool dictates your ability to complete work; thus, regardless of whether you've met your quota, the lure of adding to your line count is always there in the back of your mind. It is easy to think "I could/'should be working" even if/when you have completed your line quota. Conversely, if the work pool is empty (rare) and a line quota has not been met, the ability to meet a quota is out of your hands. – less
Great work environment
Ambulatory Clinic Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston , MAJuly 31, 2014
Great work environment. Working with patients and families is a really rewarding experience
This institute has good research environment.
Research Fellow (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
This is a good institute for my further research training. There is good collaboration around, and is easy to find facility for each experiment.
Rewarding environment
Facilities Management Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
Being able to interact with the community at work is an excellent feeling during the day! Seeing how your work, in whichever department you might be in, directly impacts the patients is a truly unique feeling at this Hospital.
What I have learned
Ambulatory Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 27, 2014
I have learned to multitask in a fast paced enviroment and understand how work flow works in a administrative assistant role.
NP (Current Employee), BostonJuly 3, 2014
I have learned so much here and the people i work with are amazing.
important work done
QA Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
Pros: the patients, coworkers/employees
Cons: busy to the point of sometimes being too reactionary
BCH is undergoing a lot of change and is growing exponentially. It's an excellent place to hone clinical skills and learn about the many complex connections that are needed to make a healthcare facility work.
Children s Hospital is a very devoted company.
Pharmacy Courier (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 22, 2014
I have worked in children s hospital for six years the benefits are very good. the people I have worked with are very helpful,kind,and polite. My experience there has been and still is a journey I learn something new every day.
Amazing workplace
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 11, 2014
The people and environment at Children's is incredibly motivating and supportive.
Great healthcare environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 19, 2014
Many opportunities for advancement and to learn about different aspects of healthcare administration
Overall experience
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 14, 2014
The benefits at BCH are wonderful. the atmosphere is always cheerful, working with children does that and when it comes down to it we are all there one way or another to help children be well. each department obviously has their own negatives and positives but overall I have enjoyed working at BCH.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Children's Hospital

How do you measure success? At Boston Children’s Hospital, it’s measured in patients treated, parents comforted, and – Read more