Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

great place to advance
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2017
great stepping stone for future career advancements. You can work in one department and make your way into others with the proper knowledge and networking.
mid paced enviorment
Materials Management (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 14, 2017
There will be days that some days are busier than most , but they were mostly manageable. The hardest part of the job while working on the recieving dock was the cold but thats about it
Esteemed and fun place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  InpatientNovember 12, 2017
Boston Childrens hospital is a fantastic place to work. I feel honored to be part of such an amazing, hardworking and innovative team of Heath care providers.
Fun and caring, your co-workers are like family, they care.
Neurology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2017
Nice team to work with, the management team will always be there to support you. Nothing negative really, except the long overnight hours. Taking care of children and provide them with the best care is the best part of working there
Over all a 7
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2017
Good place to work but bad communication with the bosses! One boss says something and then another boss says something else, the workers are all confuse!
Great stepping stone to nursing career
Administrative Assistant, Anesthesia Department (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2017
Provided tuition reembursement, allowed me to further my education and reach my goal of becoming a nurse. Kept in touch with providers during and after nursing school.
Great Hospital
Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2017
A typical day includes:record abstraction, case report development, consenting patients and data collection and entry. I learned how to respond to the IRB and develop standard of procedure documents. The workplace culture is quite young and has opportunities to meet others in the field.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
Some early mornings and travel required
Wonderful place for families and children; Great Management
Cardiology Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2017
Boston Children's is very busy and what you learn here, you typically do not learn anywhere else. The children here are sicker than sick and you form a bond with the children and families who have been there for months on end. The management was excellent and really cares about their employees.
I learned a lot but it’s time to go
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 22, 2017
Not an administratively effective place. Poor governance structure and too much matrixed leadership. It’s possible to grow, but not in every area. There is a lot of dual work happening and it starts at the top and trickles down until an exciting project looses steam or deflates. Too many committees and not enough change control and true governance. You can learn a lot if you push your job description, but hitting a wall will happen if you are ambitious and craving a productive environment
For more than a few years.
Pros
Many good and well intentioned employees
Cons
Lack of governance makes work slow and often pointless
Dedicated to the Children
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2017
Safety and Quality top notch. Secondary duties do not get as much care and feeding. Power is not very distributed and communication travels downward for the most part. The people are great though, giving their all so that children get well.
Awesome internship
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2017
I was able to dip my feet into the world of research in the hospital environment. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the research I had done for Boston Childrens aided in better overall healthcare.
Its all about who you know not what you can do
Patient Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2017
Nepotism is everywhere. People are flagged for jobs that are not even posted yet and then moved into place with out allowing any other candidates a chance to apply.
NIce place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Children's the only thing that made me leave was that I worked there for about 8 months and they never offered me a perm job. I would go back only to work on a perm position.
A Place to Learn and Grow
IT Compliance Manager/Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2017
This place gave me a chance just out of the Air Force. They are all about trying to help transferring veterans and also helping career growth. It has good pace to understand roles and relationships throughout the organization.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Associate III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02115October 3, 2017
Boston Children's Hospital is a great and fun place to work!
Great management and co-workers.
Relaxed environment.
Great benefits.
Available training enrollments for free.
Pros
Great benefits & salary
Cons
Commute
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2017
In my particular research lab, there was terrible management, a cut-throat mentality, lack of gender equality, poor payment, unprofessional conduct, and a really unhealthy culture. This does not reflect the overall culture at Boston Children's Hospital, but I would not highly recommend it for researchers.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Management, Culture, Salary
Few opportunities for advancement
Patient Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2017
Entry-level positions are repetitive, with few opportunities to take on additional responsibilities or advance. However, the hospital does amazing things and I am proud to work here.
Caring and devoted to the medical care and development of children
OR Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 20, 2017
Children's Hospital Boston, was a great place to work, my only problem was the section that I worked for didn't have light duty, when I was pregnant they could not give me a desk job, so I had to resign my position. The work was fairly easy as long as you paid attention. The most enjoyable part of the job was, interacting with some of the staff that I worked with or came in contact with at the hospital. Some of the best people work at children's hospital. What can you say about management, my job was to work and that's what I focused on. I wish management would have fought to find a position that I could have filled until I went on maternity leave. I would still be employed at the hospital.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
hard to transfer within the hospital
great place to work
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2017
I started my ultrasound career at Children's and have always enjoyed being a team member there.
Excellent care is given to the greatest population there is.
It is a rewarding place to be and work.
The relationships I have made there have lasted a lifetime.
nice team to work with it.
Certified Central Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 13, 2017
looking for more money
also big place to work.
im current live in Boston, looking for a job near by, try to save some money on gas. try something different.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
poor Managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2