Boston Children's Hospital

Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

fun staff horrible supervisors
Medical Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2016
typical days start with maintenance before running patient samples. If there are any problems you are supposed to first see the tech in charge of your area, then if not resolved the technical supervisor, whom doesn't think it worth the time to step out of the office. Co workers are amazing and they are the reason people stay for any length of time.
Pros
amazing co workers, name recognition, good benefits
Cons
commute, poor management
A serious professional work environment
Neurobiology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2016
Each lab has its own culture. My PI expected a high rate of work. The hardest part of the job was the lack of human interaction, and the odd work hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was lab meetings with great minds in healthcare.
Pros
Prestigious hospital, employee benefits
Cons
worked far longer than 8 hour days, work on weekends
Workplace at children's hospital
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2016
Being a security officer at Boston children's hospital is sort of a difficult job. We must always make sure that everyone and everything is safe around the hospital. I learned the ability to work well under pressure and in a fast pace. My co-workers are very helpful and respectful towards one another and we make sure to assist when someone is calling for back up on a situation. The hardest part of the job would be restraining children or dealing with a patient that is under control, there is possibility of getting hurt at this job and it is important to be able to handle anger/aggression. The reason I decided to become a security officer was because it was in a hospital and my real goal is to become a nurse in the future or start as nursing assistant.
Pros
Hospital setting, low/no cost in lunches, overtime
Cons
Not much benefits, mistreated sometimes from others(patients/families)
inspiring hospital to work for
Program Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2016
-doctors are great and respectful of staff
-room to grow
-lean six sigma training provided by hospital
-most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are helping patients and optimizing their care, even as admin staff
Pros
great benefits/earned time
Cons
coworkers are stressed and tend to take it out on each other (typical hospital environment, but this type of attitude can reduce moral and productivity)
Plenty of Resources
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 18, 2016
There are always easily accessible resources for whatever you need, whether work related or personal.

The hardest part of the job was adjusting to different times of the year. The particular study I worked for had very very busy months, with times in between that we had nothing to do.
Exec level doesn't care
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2016
Certain people here are very good to work with and you can learn a lot from them but the truth is when it comes down to it if you are looking for a place that really cares about the employees especially those in Support Services that are non-clinical this is not the place for you upper management doesn't care about people as much as they should from what I've learned there is a very high turnover rate and it's understandably so.

The only way to make any real money there is to work nights weekends and holidays on top of regular shifts which will sacrifice your time to your family friends and outside obligations
Pros
Cons
Pay, employment relations, upper management, etc
great experience
General Surgery EMR Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2016
even though this is a very intense job and not everyone is cut out for it, I would have to say it has been the best experience in terms of a job that I have ever received. I learned a lot in terms of what I want to do in the future and just being able to help all those kids was great.
well organized workplace and nice people
cultural navigator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2016
children Hospital has an awesome program called " cultural navigator " that help international patient at the hospital feel like home. so me as cultural navigator i go to the inpatient units and check up with patient who speaks same language but doesn't speak English or has a hard time communicate with people in this Hospital. Also, sometime parents ask me to stay with their child while they out. once all the patients have been checked i go to the main entrance to help people with directions around the hospital and also work as a discharged person.
I learned a lot about Intensive Care Medicine in the pediatric population.
Clinical Assistant, MICU (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at Children's Hospital but in my months there I found out that Intensive Care Medicine is a facet if medicine that I do not see my future in.
Great Organization
Materials Handler/Dispatcher/PSA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2016
- Children Hospital is a great organization for anyone. A typical day at work at Children's Hospital was great . The clients were great and the co-workers treated me with respect everyday.

- I learned a lot from this job. I learned that you always have to go the extra mile for patients/clients.

- Management is great and a well organized organization.

- My co-workers worked well in a group setting.

- The hardest part of the job were when I wanted to deliver packages to their respected areas. However, at times there were too many packages and time were limited to complete all of these tasks.

- The most important part of the job is when you know that you've saved a live when you did your job well and a smile on everyone's face.
Pros
Great organization with great benefit
Cons
Room to grow
great place to work
Billing Coordinator/ Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 22, 2016
I really loved working for Children's hospital. I only left this position for growth. The management was fair and understanding. The treatment was across the board fair. They treated employees with respect and included everyone in their parties.
Great place to volunteer
Boston Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2016
A fun and engaging place to volunteer with great networking possibilities. Volunteering included spending time with families and siblings, some of whom spoke Arabic.
Productive and supportive workplace
COACH Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2016
Coworkers at Children were very respectful and fun to be around. The work environment was always productive and supportive. Given that every time I worked there I was a student working a summer job, my coworkers were always asking me about my future and giving me advice on school when I needed it. Everyone was genuinely pleasant to be around.
Pros
Free lunch, LMA Shuttles
Cons
short term employment
Program Coordinator
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 19, 2016
Great place to work!!!! Amazing environment, excellent benefits.

They follow through on all expectations, treat their employees fairly, very well compensated.
Pros
Benefits, work life balance, extensive training
poor management
Clinical Research Specialist II- (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2016
Management needs a complete revamp as does the culture of the work place. Especially for non clinician. Great benefits!......not much more to say, unfortunately.
benefits
Cons
management
Great place to work!
Cardiac Catheterization Radiologic Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2016
Great place to work, just depending on the department you work in the hours can be very long. Everyone employed with Children's is overall very friendly and willing to help.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Love children? You'll love this place!
Operations Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 6, 2016
Excellent team members. Very respectful, co workers helped each other out or covered when needed. Management took care of their staff.
Patient Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 21, 2016
your co workers were very understanding and everyone worked as a team, everyone is pleasant and understanding, always willing to help out
Productive and very serious about making things rigth
Student Intern Telecommunication (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2016
I had the time of my life working there. I would love to get my foot back into the door what ever it may be. The best work place to be and the best people to work with are at Boston Children's Hospital
I was a Intake Coordinator for the Outpatient Psychiatry Department
Intake Coordinator/Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2016
It was a busy job that required me to be very detail oriented, patient on the phone with angry callers at times. I was in charge of all new patient calls fro outpatient psychiatry services. I had to inform each caller about the hospital criteria to be able to receive potential services.

4.2