Boston Children's Hospital

Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible leadership and immature, fear driven culture
Senior Manager, Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2017
One would think that a marketing department at a large Children's hospital would foster a positive, innovative, exciting culture, however the Marketing Communications leadership creates the opposite which is so unfortunate. The senior leadership does not take responsibility or hold everyone accountable across various groups. There is a lot of pressure on those who are committed to the advancement of the marketing work, while others who show little to no dedication float by and are not held accountable for their lack of progress. The leadership team is immature, gossipy, unprofessional, and do not foster a productive workspace.
Pros
the overall mission, benefits, and the amazing work that is done at the hospital
Cons
culture, leadership, HR managing the combative work environment
Team effort in every department
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2017
The workplace has a respectful environment. I found the staff easy to work with and dedicated to their work in terms of finding ways to help and heal children.
World class hospital
Staff Nurse, Inpatient Psychiatry (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 10, 2017
Children's is a great environment with a lot of perks, but the inpatient psychiatry unit is tucked away with little oversight from the overall organizational hierarchy. Because of high demand for psychiatric care, there is pressure to take tougher, and more challenging patients, which means more burnout and less safety. This would be a great job, but an inpatient psychiatric unit cannot function optimally without a nurse manager who is present to provide supervision and hold employees accountable to an evidence-based standard of care.
Pros
Opportunities to do rewarding work, fair pay, job security
Cons
Unsafe work environment, lack of oversight, low morale
Great for Entry Level
Assisting providers (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2017
This job was a great place to get my foot into the door and get into the health care field, however there isn't much room for growth, and I'm looking to see what my other options are.
Productive and team focused workplace
Nutrition Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Framingham, MADecember 28, 2016
Every day I get to work with a group of my peers who are also nutrition majors like myself. We work together to get participants' meals completed in a timely manner while still being able to communicate and help each other, as well as participants, in any way possible.
Pros
Free meals during work and a positive environment
Cons
Tasks can become tedious at times
productive, fun and friendly
Mailroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2016
making new friends, having fun, and learning new things day by day. learning new departments, helping each other out, delivering packages to the right department and sorting out mail.
Pros
free lunch
benefits
Bch
Temporary Customer Service/Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2016
Great place to work. Great coworkers that took the time to train you, great supervisors that were accommodating. Very accessible via public transportation. Knowledgable staff.
One of the best establishments i have ever worked.
Unit Secretary, Infants Cardiac ICU (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2016
My experience with Children's Hospital Boston is second to none. I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience. I gained two consecutive promotions and also worked in other departments for overtime which allowed me to purchase my first home.
Pros
Wonderful working envirnment
Cons
Child care problems were an issue during my tenure.
great experience
General Surgery EMR Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2016
even though this is a very intense job and not everyone is cut out for it, I would have to say it has been the best experience in terms of a job that I have ever received. I learned a lot in terms of what I want to do in the future and just being able to help all those kids was great.
Patient Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 21, 2016
your co workers were very understanding and everyone worked as a team, everyone is pleasant and understanding, always willing to help out
Plenty of Resources
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 18, 2016
There are always easily accessible resources for whatever you need, whether work related or personal.

The hardest part of the job was adjusting to different times of the year. The particular study I worked for had very very busy months, with times in between that we had nothing to do.
great place to work
Nursing Student (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 17, 2016
if you enjoy the downtown setting, you will enjoy this work culture. great people. good working hours. great location and drive.
Workplace at children's hospital
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 7, 2016
Being a security officer at Boston children's hospital is sort of a difficult job. We must always make sure that everyone and everything is safe around the hospital. I learned the ability to work well under pressure and in a fast pace. My co-workers are very helpful and respectful towards one another and we make sure to assist when someone is calling for back up on a situation. The hardest part of the job would be restraining children or dealing with a patient that is under control, there is possibility of getting hurt at this job and it is important to be able to handle anger/aggression. The reason I decided to become a security officer was because it was in a hospital and my real goal is to become a nurse in the future or start as nursing assistant.
Pros
Hospital setting, low/no cost in lunches, overtime
Cons
Not much benefits, mistreated sometimes from others(patients/families)
Great place to volunteer
Boston Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2016
A fun and engaging place to volunteer with great networking possibilities. Volunteering included spending time with families and siblings, some of whom spoke Arabic.
Love children? You'll love this place!
Operations Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 6, 2016
Excellent team members. Very respectful, co workers helped each other out or covered when needed. Management took care of their staff.
A serious professional work environment
Neurobiology Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2016
Each lab has its own culture. My PI expected a high rate of work. The hardest part of the job was the lack of human interaction, and the odd work hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was lab meetings with great minds in healthcare.
Pros
Prestigious hospital, employee benefits
Cons
worked far longer than 8 hour days, work on weekends
fun staff horrible supervisors
Medical Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2016
typical days start with maintenance before running patient samples. If there are any problems you are supposed to first see the tech in charge of your area, then if not resolved the technical supervisor, whom doesn't think it worth the time to step out of the office. Co workers are amazing and they are the reason people stay for any length of time.
Pros
amazing co workers, name recognition, good benefits
Cons
commute, poor management
Great cause to work for
Senior Patient Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 23, 2016
I feel gratified to work in a position where I can help families attain the healthcare they need and achieve their life goals.
I learned a lot about Intensive Care Medicine in the pediatric population.
Clinical Assistant, MICU (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 17, 2016
I really enjoyed my time working at Children's Hospital but in my months there I found out that Intensive Care Medicine is a facet if medicine that I do not see my future in.
poor management
Clinical Research Specialist II- (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2016
Management needs a complete revamp as does the culture of the work place. Especially for non clinician. Great benefits!......not much more to say, unfortunately.
benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2