Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Good benefits, but no scope for career advancement
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2017
How good your work experience is, depends not so much on the Hospital, but a lot more on your PI/boss. It is your PI who is going to advocate for your career advancement and pay rise. Depending on how lucky you are, you may be moving up the career ladder smoothly, or end up being stuck in the same position for years. The PI also regulates how much paid leave you are entitled to. Yes, unfortunately that is the truth. Anyways, overall BCH is a good/okay place to work. The Hospital benefits (health, dental, vision etc) are really good.
Benefits
Cons
No scope for advancement
Great place to start
Sr. Patient Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2017
Great benefits, great work environment. Limited upward mobility for healthcare administration personnel. Great place to start out and wonderful location.
great place professional
IT SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2017
loved bch...but too far to travel for me from NH I live in londonderry NH and the commute was too much.
A great place to work extremely professional a part of my life.
Pros
all
Cons
too far for me
Great people, left wanting more..
HR Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2017
People are great, however, when asked for job growth and professional development, they weren't able to support. Salaries are also low especially for Boston.
Pros
MBTA card and health benefits
Cons
salaries and professional development
Excellent place to work
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2017
Organization is driven, uses data and research to make decisions. Supports their staff, especially nurses, and encourages growth and leadership. The benefits are good, but the hours can be long.
Stressful with large turn over rate
Med Tech II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2017
Children's is a nice place to work. But if you give them an inch they take a mile. Overworked, underpaid, not well managed. Communication is lacking between techs and management. Tech colleagues are easy to get along with.
Fun Productive workplace
Senior Administrative Associate-Billing Compliance (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 24, 2017
I had an amazing experience and journey working for Boston's Children's Hospital. It allowed me to grow as a person and a professional. The company's benefits and training programs are amazing, and I had a great experience working with the employees, staff.
Pros
Great benefits and training
Cons
Limited promotion
productive work environment
Patient Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAJune 15, 2017
• Oversee commercial and government insurance claims
• Recognized for performance in processing claims and reducing denials
• Developed strong relationships with out-of-state, federal and local payers including MassHealth, Medicare & Blue Cross Blue Shield
• Analyze patients’ explanation of benefits to maximize payer payment opportunity
Great Place to work
Customer Service/ Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 7, 2017
I worked in the Receiving Dept. Staff were very knowledgable and very helpful. The atmosphere is very inclusive and overall I would rate as a great employer
fun place to work with many knowledgeable clinicizns
Student Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
This was a full time clinical experience. Everyone was very friendly and easy to work with. You will see a variety of patients of all different ages.
Amazing Hospital
Child Protection Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2017
Boston Children's Hospital is so well run. No wonder they are the best in the country! Everybody who works here is so passionate about what they do. You are constantly surrounded by intellect, passion and dedication, which is extremely inspiring.
Fast paced, exciting, and rewarding.
Patient Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 27, 2017
Working for BCH was a fabulous experience in all aspects. Management truly cares about your success and helps guide you towards the right career path. I loved everything about this from the other employees, to my supervisors.
Pros
Working in the city
Cons
Commute
Nice atmosphere
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAMay 23, 2017
Good place to work. People are nice. There is a nice cafe. Plenty of parking and it is right near many shopping areas. Quick access to the highway as well.
productive
Weekend lead for Nutrition and Food Service (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
working at Children's hospital is a very fast paced job you are also on you feet for your schedule . I love helping the patient and parents.
it is a very diverse company.
Boston Children's Hospital
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
Great Place to work fun atmosphere. Children's Hospital is a very diverse place to work and is also a teaching hospital. Staff are able to balance work life and home.
productive
PAR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2017
I work in the ER so it could be very busy at times. Although children's is a great place to work. you learn new things everyday you meet different people.
Great place to work overall
Research Technician II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2017
Although the job environment is quite friendly, it's really complete luck if you get a good supervisor. I have many coworkers who are not satisfied at their jobs, simply because of their relationships with their coworkers and bosses.
Great Place
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Boston Children's. They were very busy and very customer focused. The leadership team was committed and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend this facility.
Not interested
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 5, 2017
There is a lot of work with no promotion or increase of salary. Physicians, nurses and staff are definitely a gem, but unfortunately we need the compensation as well
Love this place!
LAB ASSIATANT, PHLEBOTOMY RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2017
I enjoy working in bright, friendly environments and Children's Hospital provided just that. Although it was sad to see the little one's coming in and out for all reasons, it was nice to know there were so many dedicated staff willing to help them and each other succeed so that the job always got done right the first time. I miss it here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2