Boston Children's Hospital

Boston Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Not the best learning environment
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 16, 2014
The nurses and management could be rude and difficult to deal with at times. I didnt feel like I learned nearly as much as on my other internships. The hardest part of this job was not having much responsibility. The most enjoyable part of the job was playing with the infants and learning about child life specialists who helped calm the children during – more... procedures. – less
Productive work environment great work life balance
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: lung meetings
Cons: no back up support
A typical work day at CHB would go from copy machine not working properly to a power shut down. Communication and follow up is extemely important.I really enjoy helping others and learned that I like to plan, oragnize, and coordinate. I like to make sure that all goes well. I have also found myself training and mentoring new staff. My coworkers became – more... heavly dependent on me and they relied on me for EVERYTHING. I was the ultimate go to person partly becasue they knew that I would get it done. The hardest part of the job was when we were short staffed I would be asked to take on even more duties until a new person was hired. The most enjopable part of the job was knowing that people really look to me for asnwers and resolution. You have to learn to be resillent and forth coming especailly when so many staff memebers depend on you to get the job done! Knowing that gave me a great sense of self worth and gratittude.

RJ – less
Review
Patient Experience Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 4, 2014
Overall a wonderful place to start a career with great benefits.
Perfect position for a full time mother and part time employee
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 3, 2014
Pros: ultimate flexibility; excellent per line rate, educational.
Cons: compensation depends on content/availability of work pool. easy to max out on pay scale.
The greatest part of being a medical transcriptionist for a world-class hospital is that you are always learning and challenging yourself. Exposure to the latest in medical conditions, tests, procedures across all specialties and the language variations of non-native English speakers among the hospital's immense staff requires adaptability and attention – more... to detail in order to interpret and research unfamiliar content.

The best of both worlds, being an independent contractor transcriptionist offers ultimate flexibility and independence. I can work on my own schedule from the comfort of my own home, yet have the security of an off-site department manager who provides feedback and communication with hospital and medical staff if/when necessary.

Typical day: Log in, access the work pool via Fusion Desktop. Open, edit or transcribe documents matched to dictation voice files, ensuring accuracy in format and content. Upload completed documents, ensuring efficient turnaround in keeping with department objectives. Able to access up to the minute production rate and line count..

The flexible nature of the position is both the biggest pro and con. The availability of voice files in the work pool dictates your ability to complete work; thus, regardless of whether you've met your quota, the lure of adding to your line count is always there in the back of your mind. It is easy to think "I could/'should be working" even if/when you have completed your line quota. Conversely, if the work pool is empty (rare) and a line quota has not been met, the ability to meet a quota is out of your hands. – less
Great work environment
Ambulatory Clinic Supervisor (Former Employee), Boston , MAJuly 31, 2014
Great work environment. Working with patients and families is a really rewarding experience
This institute has good research environment.
Research Fellow (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
This is a good institute for my further research training. There is good collaboration around, and is easy to find facility for each experiment.
Rewarding environment
Facilities Management Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 30, 2014
Being able to interact with the community at work is an excellent feeling during the day! Seeing how your work, in whichever department you might be in, directly impacts the patients is a truly unique feeling at this Hospital.
What I have learned
Ambulatory Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 27, 2014
I have learned to multitask in a fast paced enviroment and understand how work flow works in a administrative assistant role.
NP (Current Employee), BostonJuly 3, 2014
I have learned so much here and the people i work with are amazing.
important work done
QA Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
Pros: the patients, coworkers/employees
Cons: busy to the point of sometimes being too reactionary
BCH is undergoing a lot of change and is growing exponentially. It's an excellent place to hone clinical skills and learn about the many complex connections that are needed to make a healthcare facility work.
Children s Hospital is a very devoted company.
Pharmacy Courier (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 22, 2014
I have worked in children s hospital for six years the benefits are very good. the people I have worked with are very helpful,kind,and polite. My experience there has been and still is a journey I learn something new every day.
Amazing workplace
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 11, 2014
The people and environment at Children's is incredibly motivating and supportive.
Great healthcare environment
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 19, 2014
Many opportunities for advancement and to learn about different aspects of healthcare administration
Overall experience
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 14, 2014
The benefits at BCH are wonderful. the atmosphere is always cheerful, working with children does that and when it comes down to it we are all there one way or another to help children be well. each department obviously has their own negatives and positives but overall I have enjoyed working at BCH.
good work place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 11, 2014
coworkers are friendly
pleasant work environment
good benefits package
good start in the healthcare industry
Surgical Intake Coordinator (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 1, 2014
Job was not challenging and was not stimulating. Very caring professionals, but management left a bit to be desired. Not managed effectively.
Nice place to work.
Recruiter (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 8, 2014
Children's Hospital has a dedicated group of people working there.
hated it
Ambulatory Service Representative II (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
hated it!!!! worst job experience ever. horrible . hated it!!!! worst job experience ever. horrible managerhated it!!!! worst job experience ever. horrible managerhated it!!!! worst job experience ever. horrible managerhated it!!!! worst job experience ever. horrible managerhated it!!!! worst job experience ever. horrible managerhated it!!!! worst job – more... experience ever. horrible manager – less
Positive environment with support from management
Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 17, 2014
BCH is an excellent place to work if you are interested in advancing in the medical admin field.
Productive and fun, but a lot of ping pong between groups.
ISD (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: easy access to major commuting routes. great work vs life balance.
Cons: unmotavated employees, terrible management, low moral, zero growth.
No one likes to take ownership of issues. "Managers" are really not qualified to be in management. If you don't self promote, you rot in a cube and never advance or move on. Highly unqualified individuals in their positions.

1 2 3 4

About Boston Children's Hospital

How do you measure success? At Boston Children’s Hospital, it’s measured in patients treated, parents comforted, and – Read more