Boston Children's Hospital

Boston Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

Productive Work Place
Ambulatory Service REp (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 25, 2015
I really like working here you learn a lot and it is a very busy department to work for. You get to learn alot about teamwork and interaction with clinical staff
Great place
PerDiem RN (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
Great place to work. Flexible schedule, competitive salaries. Providing state od the art care to children daily is very rewarding.
Small biorepository with likable employees
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Nice people, good baseline exposure to lab environment
Cons: not research
On a typical day at work, I complete many tasks around the lab. Usually, I extract DNA from blood, saliva, or plasma. After the DNA is extracted, I perform quality and quantity control analysis by using Nanodrop and Quant-it machines. In order to track samples throughout both of these processes, I label them and record their information (patient age, date collected, sample volume) in the Progeny database. Depending on the preferences of the client requesting the extraction, I must aliquot a certain amount of the DNA and then store it in our freezers. I use the Progeny and BioStor databases to do so. Storage requires extensive knowledge of the freezer maps, which I update weekly. I also perform lab maintenance by cleaning the freezers and other machines in the lab, such as the Autopure LS.
A productive and fun place with great and supportive coworkers.
Rehabilitation Aide (Current Employee), Lexington, MAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: very busy
A typical day at work would be a very productiv eand busy one. Alot of patient care requests, some scheduling, and billing. My team is very helpful and supportive when available.
BCH
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: pay is low compared to hospitals in the area
The opportunity to work with world class clinician. Management varies, can be hard to move up the ladder. Poor systems in place (some of the hospital's departments and processes are outdated/slow/unproductive)
My first professional job out of college
Financial Analyst/Accountant (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 11, 2015
Great jump start to my career, great experience, great team of hard working people and good training provided. It was a great opportunity for me to start here my professional career in finance.
A typical day
Surgical Coordinator Level 2 (Current Employee), Ophthalmology DepartmentFebruary 17, 2015
It is a great opportunity to work at Boston Children's Hospital. I have worked her for over a year and do love it.

Only issue is that salary is not the highest for administration positions.
dynamic and fast paced unit
Resource Specialist & Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: never a shortage of work to be done, great team members, direct impact on families lives who are often times in crisis
Cons: never a shortage of work to be done, insurance and coverage nuances, not much room for advancement
typically i would review the daily census determine with the multidisciplinary team what bed availability if any of the 16 bed adolescent psych unit. I would review candidates for admission from various internal and external sources and facilitate the admission process including obtaining insurance authorizations and medical clearance. I also performed the above duties for the discharges as well.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2015
From my brief experience working with a small off-site lab associated with Boston Children's Hospital, I can say, at least about the people that I worked with, everyone was highly productive and quite friendly. However, my contribution was quite localized, so my overall rating of this company is slightly skewed.
I worked at the top Children's Hospital in the world
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 30, 2014
Pros: great experience, very educational
Cons: having dinner at the beginning of your shift and waiting 11 hours to eat again
I learned so much working at a Harvard research hospital, I had the chance to see some really rare cases and the most up to date procedures. A typical day at work was twelve hours in the emergency room. Dealing with everything you would see in an emergency room. My co-workers where the backbone to the floor, we all supported each other as much as possible. The hardest part is obvious, working with children does make you empathetic and you have to separate yourself enough to perform your job. The opposite is getting to see the miracles that happen every day, and a happy family leaving the ER.
You have to work harder there but the research is good.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 23, 2014
You have to work very harder there but the research is good. it is difficult to make balance between job and life if you have a small kid.
Productive/Busy Environment
Supervisor-Hematology/Oncology Division (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 16, 2014
Pros: organization, communication
A typical day at work begins with organizing the Providers schedules and setting up appointments. I have access to open and close providers and NP's schedule.I begin to check scores for the call center i currently manage conduct weekly meetings for reviews. I work with a team of Nurses,Providers and administrators who i oversee and provide excellent service for. On of the most difficult part is managing six satellite locations besides the main campus and training individuals on how to use the five different programs in the company. The most enjoyable part is knowing my Team has showed hard work and dedication and making sure visits for families are enjoyable.
BCH delivers world-renowned pediatric care on a daily basis.
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 14, 2014
There is a reason why families all over the world choose Boston Children's Hospital when seeking medical care. It is an establishment that has gained its outstanding reputation because of the remarkable staff. "Until Every Child is Well" is more than a slogan; it is goal that every single employee has committed their career to. My coworkers at BCH are always willing to go the extra mile for patients and staff alike. BCH exemplifies that compassionate care is the golden standard of medicine.
Nice place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 13, 2014
Really nice place to work at. Really enjoyed working there.
Small medical billing office
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 8, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: seniority
This was an interesting office to work for. There was a lot of challenges. The worst part was there were too many employees and not enough work to go around.
A great opportunity to work hands on with all kinds of situations in the top childrens emergency room
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 5, 2014
Pros: exposed to a multitude of medical conditions
Cons: having to take children away to dss
I learned a lot, considering it was a Harvard teaching hospital and most of us being in nursing school we where questioned and challenged a lot. The hardest part of the job was having empathy yet still being professional and getting the job done. My co-workers were my team and we all supported each other, everyone created a strong team. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the positive outcomes and the support needed in tougher situations and how we all pulled together like a family to support other family's.
Pretty awful
Research Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 3, 2014
Maybe I caught them on a bad year, they were going through a bit of a transition and sat me a computer with 3 months of training and then the entire research team broke down around me and I had little to no interaction with anyone who worked on the team. Great program. Awful year. Hopefully the next person has a better experience.
Very good working conditions
Radiology Ambulatory Services Representative III (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: helping the families and the children was the most important thing that i did at the hospital, a very strong pro
Cons: hardly any cons, i loved my job.
I very much enjoyed working with the families and children at BostonChildrens Hospital, a very rewarding experience, in a setting of Radiology, and Imaging. The children are amazing, and so appreciative of all the kindness that is shown them. I would work for the Hospital again in a heartbeat.
Learning all the different systems and computer software programs was a challenge, but made my job easier in the long run. I worked in both inpatient and outpatient areas of Radiology, including Xray, CT scan, MRI, and Interventional radiology.
good place to work
Ambulatory Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 29, 2014
Work for two surgeons, scheduling, registering patients, calling for follow ups, verification letters, surgery scheduling.. office work. keeping Dr's updated
Great environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 24, 2014
Great place to work!

Good benefits, positive work environment, very nice people!

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Children's Hospital

How do you measure success? At Boston Children’s Hospital, it’s measured in patients treated, parents comforted, and – Read more

Boston Children's Hospital Photos