Boston Children's Hospital

Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and excellent place to enhance your skills and knowledge
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 15, 2015
Processing of Blood smaples,isolation of PBMCs, culture,staining, Multi color flow cytometry and analyzing data. Performing cytokine ELISA of plasma.
Excellent place to work.
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2015
My average day consists of caring for 1-8 patients. These patients have multiple diagnosis and the age may range from 7-17. I work with great people who are dedicated to providing excellent care to patients and families. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help a patient see that life is worth living and the most enjoyable part of my job is watching patients thrive and move forward in there treatment.
Excellent Employer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2015
Boston Children's Hospital was a great employer, I learned much and enjoyed my time there. My team was very supportive and worked well together, and our support structure in management and IT was very close knit, and problems were dealt with quickly when they arose. The benefits are very good at Children's, as is the atmosphere and culture.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2015
In this institute, I do Chip-seq data analysis using R/Bioconductor. I get the real experience of big data analysis. I have learnt R from classroom and textbook, but the intern is different.
management
Administrative - Temp Pool (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2015
I like the boss that I had because she was a straight shooter and a hard worker to go along with it. The company was fast paced and the location was in Boston.
Excellent experience. Enjoyed what I was doing.
Staff photographer, Interim (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2015
I enjoyed the diversity of working for a hospital. The people I worked with were excellent and the variety of assignments allowed me to gain tremendous experience in all aspects of photography.
Loving atmosphere
Clinical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2015
I enjoy helping others and love children. I enjoy going to work everyday knowing that I am helping families. This is a place were family come for there care and I am proud to say that I give excellent care to these families
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
Scheduel
Busy yet manageable workplace
Neonatal ICU/ER intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 13, 2015
The hospital absolutely got very busy especially in the neonatal ICU however we were always well staffed making our busy hours manageable. Coworkers were wonderful and patients/patient families were as well. In the COACH program, travel and lunch was all paid for. Great program and company to work for.
Great Place to Work!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2015
By far the best job I had ever had. Unfortunately, I got hurt and was unable to do daily job duties so I had to resign, but it was amazing there. People are great, pay is great, and you leave everyday knowing you made a difference!
Pros
great people, pay, environment
Cons
taking the train
Beware of Poor Management
AA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2015
Very poor and unprofessional management practices. Loved the hospital, but the office politics made work unbearable.
Pros
Location, Public Trans accessible, great benefits.
Rewarding scientific research environment
Research Assistant and Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2015
Excellent small, tight-knight community. Being located in the Longwood Medical Area means that you have access to essentially any tool, technique, or specialist you might need for your research. Plenty of support for administrators and lab managers. Definite opportunities for go-getters in terms of higher level administrative work.
Review
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2015
-Appreciated goals of work
-Found myself to be a very passive part of work, where I like to be more involved
-hardest part was having to take medical leave
Pros
easy job
Cons
lot of expectations for non-compensated internship
hard to get in and hard to advance unless you're a professional brown nose
Help Desk/Desktop support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2015
pay is below market, but most jobs are stable and benefits are okay. Good stepping stone to get where you want to be, but not good to stay long term if you're looking to advance your career rapidly.
medical research for breast cancer
Research Fellow and Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2015
To study breast cancer metastasis, using animal model. Multiple team collaboration. Present seminars and attend national conferences.
Pros
self lunch
Cons
short break
Rewarding Job
Immunology Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work with wonderful benefits. Great coworkers who are exceptionally skilled and hardworking. Plenty of room for growth and career advancement.
Pros
Rewarding Job
Cons
No cons
It is a great place to work that allows you hone your skills bringing out the very best in you
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2015
This is a great place to work as it allows you hone your skills thereby bringing out the very best in you. My coworkers are very cordial and the work/life balance is great. Also very commendable is the effort the management puts into quickly resolving any issues that may arise.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Productive, fun place with great benefits
Supervisor Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2015
The majority of Children's Hospital employee's are employed with Children's Hospital for at least one, two or more decades. People enjoy working at Children's Hospital because of our brand and it is taken very seriously "Until Every Child Is Well".
Benefits
Cons
parking
A great, friendly, easy-going place to work
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 7, 2015
Boston Children's Hospital is a great place to work. Everyone there is extremely nice and a pleasure to work with. The work is challenging and rewarding. I strengthened my problem solving skills by working independently, and made a lot of connections with fellow lab workers. The management is also extremely friendly and easy-going, especially for an organization as large as Children's. My work consisted of developing analytical methods and testing samples. I was given the freedom to make my own schedule most of the time, with the responsibility of completing work in a timely manner and attending occasional meetings. The importance of the work was the most rewarding part, knowing that we were helping children.
Pros
Flexible schedule, enjoyable work, few meetings
Cons
Lots of troubleshooting
Productive and fun workplace
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
Children's Hospital Boston is a very rewarding place to work. The staff and management are very supportive to co-workers. They are also fun-loving with the patients while providing high-quality care.
Productive work place place. friendly environment
Help Desk Intern (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 30, 2015
come sign on to my PC. log in to remedy. check my emails, log in to my phone.. answer 50-100 a day. log tickets to different departments . remote in to employee's PC to help them with there PC issues.
Pros
learn new things
Cons
short breaks 8 hours of sitting.

4.2