Boston Children's Hospital

Boston Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

A typical day
Surgical Coordinator Level 2 (Current Employee), Ophthalmology DepartmentFebruary 17, 2015
It is a great opportunity to work at Boston Children's Hospital. I have worked her for over a year and do love it.

Only issue is that salary is not the highest for administration positions.
dynamic and fast paced unit
Resource Specialist & Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: never a shortage of work to be done, great team members, direct impact on families lives who are often times in crisis
Cons: never a shortage of work to be done, insurance and coverage nuances, not much room for advancement
typically i would review the daily census determine with the multidisciplinary team what bed availability if any of the 16 bed adolescent psych unit. I would review candidates for admission from various internal and external sources and facilitate the admission process including obtaining insurance authorizations and medical clearance. I also performed the above duties for the discharges as well.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 2, 2015
From my brief experience working with a small off-site lab associated with Boston Children's Hospital, I can say, at least about the people that I worked with, everyone was highly productive and quite friendly. However, my contribution was quite localized, so my overall rating of this company is slightly skewed.
I worked at the top Children's Hospital in the world
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 30, 2014
Pros: great experience, very educational
Cons: having dinner at the beginning of your shift and waiting 11 hours to eat again
I learned so much working at a Harvard research hospital, I had the chance to see some really rare cases and the most up to date procedures. A typical day at work was twelve hours in the emergency room. Dealing with everything you would see in an emergency room. My co-workers where the backbone to the floor, we all supported each other as much as possible. The hardest part is obvious, working with children does make you empathetic and you have to separate yourself enough to perform your job. The opposite is getting to see the miracles that happen every day, and a happy family leaving the ER.
You have to work harder there but the research is good.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 23, 2014
You have to work very harder there but the research is good. it is difficult to make balance between job and life if you have a small kid.
Productive/Busy Environment
Supervisor-Hematology/Oncology Division (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 16, 2014
Pros: organization, communication
A typical day at work begins with organizing the Providers schedules and setting up appointments. I have access to open and close providers and NP's schedule.I begin to check scores for the call center i currently manage conduct weekly meetings for reviews. I work with a team of Nurses,Providers and administrators who i oversee and provide excellent service for. On of the most difficult part is managing six satellite locations besides the main campus and training individuals on how to use the five different programs in the company. The most enjoyable part is knowing my Team has showed hard work and dedication and making sure visits for families are enjoyable.
BCH delivers world-renowned pediatric care on a daily basis.
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 14, 2014
There is a reason why families all over the world choose Boston Children's Hospital when seeking medical care. It is an establishment that has gained its outstanding reputation because of the remarkable staff. "Until Every Child is Well" is more than a slogan; it is goal that every single employee has committed their career to. My coworkers at BCH are always willing to go the extra mile for patients and staff alike. BCH exemplifies that compassionate care is the golden standard of medicine.
Nice place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 13, 2014
Really nice place to work at. Really enjoyed working there.
Small medical billing office
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 8, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: seniority
This was an interesting office to work for. There was a lot of challenges. The worst part was there were too many employees and not enough work to go around.
A great opportunity to work hands on with all kinds of situations in the top childrens emergency room
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 5, 2014
Pros: exposed to a multitude of medical conditions
Cons: having to take children away to dss
I learned a lot, considering it was a Harvard teaching hospital and most of us being in nursing school we where questioned and challenged a lot. The hardest part of the job was having empathy yet still being professional and getting the job done. My co-workers were my team and we all supported each other, everyone created a strong team. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the positive outcomes and the support needed in tougher situations and how we all pulled together like a family to support other family's.
Pretty awful
Research Data Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 3, 2014
Maybe I caught them on a bad year, they were going through a bit of a transition and sat me a computer with 3 months of training and then the entire research team broke down around me and I had little to no interaction with anyone who worked on the team. Great program. Awful year. Hopefully the next person has a better experience.
Very good working conditions
Radiology Ambulatory Services Representative III (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: helping the families and the children was the most important thing that i did at the hospital, a very strong pro
Cons: hardly any cons, i loved my job.
I very much enjoyed working with the families and children at BostonChildrens Hospital, a very rewarding experience, in a setting of Radiology, and Imaging. The children are amazing, and so appreciative of all the kindness that is shown them. I would work for the Hospital again in a heartbeat.
Learning all the different systems and computer software programs was a challenge, but made my job easier in the long run. I worked in both inpatient and outpatient areas of Radiology, including Xray, CT scan, MRI, and Interventional radiology.
good place to work
Ambulatory Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 29, 2014
Work for two surgeons, scheduling, registering patients, calling for follow ups, verification letters, surgery scheduling.. office work. keeping Dr's updated
Great environment
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 24, 2014
Great place to work!

Good benefits, positive work environment, very nice people!
Good environment and excellent organizational culture and love the people l worked with
Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: free ice cream on a hot da
Cons: office space
The typical day started at 7:30am, the work place was quiet with only a few surgeons in the office and l did all my planning of the day to day to do list, checked my emails, and my calendar and got ready for the day before 8:30am when most of the employees started coming in. At 9am had a one on one with my supervisor if he was in his office that day to make sure that there are no emergencies that day or change of plan or unforeseen tasks, then after l would check in with staff and proceed to a meeting. Around 12noon, l would break for lunch if time allows, after, work on the project(s), email or arrange a few meetings, and around 2pm another meeting, and around 3pm take a walk for 10mins to move away from the work station with my colleague while discussing some way forward to improve the project and exchange ideas. Check in with other staff members and then lastly with my supervisor if he is available and lock up around 4-4:30pm to beat the traffic home.
I learned that when you start the day early you are fresh and can accomplish a lot and also having breaks between work is vital for your success and sanity. Management is there to help you work out what you need to achieve and if you are tactful they can support you personally and financially especially if you are dealing with projects.
Your co-workers are the best allies you can get at work if you have them on your side, team work becomes easier and they can help you in one way or the other.
The hardest part of my job at was commuting and the fact that l spent a lot of time in traffic - it was frustrating thinking that l would – more... be doing my work or doing something more cost effective.
Working on different projects and improving systems like re-organizing of the clinical operations was challenging but very interesting and rewarding. The change that was beneficial to both admins and surgeons and other clinicians was great it gave me job satisfaction and quality improvement is exciting to undertake and when it happens its a joy. – less
Productive Workplace, energetic coworkers
Ambulatory Service Representative II (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: tough to move up, management didn't enforce consequences to employees who displayed a lack of effort
I loved working with people that were happy and energetic. Everyone made me feel important and I felt appreciation from the coordinators and employees that I helped process paperwork for, in order for these people to start working on time.

The hardest part of my job was knowing that I had so many job responsibilities, but a few of my coworkers in the same position as mine, weren't given as many job duties. I felt comforted and satisfied knowing people felt like they could ask me to help them with anything and that I would get whatever they needed done in a time efficient manner. I loved being able to work hard and help so many people.
Great place to work full time
Brand Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAOctober 2, 2014
This is a great place to work if you can get a job as a full time employee.
fast paced , rewarding and upbeat
Administrative Associate/Orthopedics Department (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 29, 2014
dealing with and helping patients can be quite rewarding. the department tries to maintain a system that which forces us to work as a team, closely, and rely on one another
In-house Agency
Art Director/Senior Interactive Designer (Current Employee), Boston, MASeptember 15, 2014
I am a member of a 70+ MarCom department. I enjoy my position as creative lead and strategist. I've been involved in several key initiatives allowing me to expand my knowledge of the enterprise and form relationships outside of my department. I enjoy contributing to the culture of the organization and believe in the work that we do. I am fortunate to work with great people everyday.
Productive work place and a really great team
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 27, 2014
Every Morning I come in I go to my desk area and start scanning doucmnets into powerchart which is patient's medical records

I aslo help the department administrative with projects that she needs help with

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Children's Hospital

How do you measure success? At Boston Children’s Hospital, it’s measured in patients treated, parents comforted, and – Read more

Boston Children's Hospital Photos