Boston Children's Hospital

Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great people and enviorment
Senior Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 31, 2016
Great people and environment, wish they had better compensation. There is tuition reimbursement which is very beneficial for people interested in taking classes part-time or at night.
Pros
People, benefits are good
Cons
Salary
Excellent Employer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2015
Boston Children's Hospital was a great employer, I learned much and enjoyed my time there. My team was very supportive and worked well together, and our support structure in management and IT was very close knit, and problems were dealt with quickly when they arose. The benefits are very good at Children's, as is the atmosphere and culture.
Boston Children's Hospital is a fast paste environment where you can grow quick and become a great asset to people.
Telecom Technician Temp Contractor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 2, 2016
A day at Boston Children's Hospital can feel hectic but it makes you stronger day by day. I learned that I can be great a asset and if you try hard you can do anything you put your mind to whether it's fast or slow. Boston Children's Hospital is a place that teaches you how to come early to work. Time Management is very important because every child is important and no matter what type of work you do for Boston Children's Hospital you still have to think about the lives that are at steak if you don't get your work done. With my experience the hardest part about a telecom technician was learning how to find locations when I first got started because it's such a big facility. The most enjoyable part from my experience was seeing people's faces smile every time I solved one of their tech issues.
Great Organization
Materials Handler/Dispatcher/PSA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2016
- Children Hospital is a great organization for anyone. A typical day at work at Children's Hospital was great . The clients were great and the co-workers treated me with respect everyday.

- I learned a lot from this job. I learned that you always have to go the extra mile for patients/clients.

- Management is great and a well organized organization.

- My co-workers worked well in a group setting.

- The hardest part of the job were when I wanted to deliver packages to their respected areas. However, at times there were too many packages and time were limited to complete all of these tasks.

- The most important part of the job is when you know that you've saved a live when you did your job well and a smile on everyone's face.
Pros
Great organization with great benefit
Cons
Room to grow
Exec level doesn't care
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2016
Certain people here are very good to work with and you can learn a lot from them but the truth is when it comes down to it if you are looking for a place that really cares about the employees especially those in Support Services that are non-clinical this is not the place for you upper management doesn't care about people as much as they should from what I've learned there is a very high turnover rate and it's understandably so.

The only way to make any real money there is to work nights weekends and holidays on top of regular shifts which will sacrifice your time to your family friends and outside obligations
Pros
Cons
Pay, employment relations, upper management, etc
well organized workplace and nice people
cultural navigator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2016
children Hospital has an awesome program called " cultural navigator " that help international patient at the hospital feel like home. so me as cultural navigator i go to the inpatient units and check up with patient who speaks same language but doesn't speak English or has a hard time communicate with people in this Hospital. Also, sometime parents ask me to stay with their child while they out. once all the patients have been checked i go to the main entrance to help people with directions around the hospital and also work as a discharged person.
It is a great place to work that allows you hone your skills bringing out the very best in you
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2015
This is a great place to work as it allows you hone your skills thereby bringing out the very best in you. My coworkers are very cordial and the work/life balance is great. Also very commendable is the effort the management puts into quickly resolving any issues that may arise.
Pros
Good employee benefits
Beware of Poor Management
AA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2015
Very poor and unprofessional management practices. Loved the hospital, but the office politics made work unbearable.
Pros
Location, Public Trans accessible, great benefits.
hard to get in and hard to advance unless you're a professional brown nose
Help Desk/Desktop support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2015
pay is below market, but most jobs are stable and benefits are okay. Good stepping stone to get where you want to be, but not good to stay long term if you're looking to advance your career rapidly.
Great hospital with below average pay for non-clinical employees
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 29, 2015
Boston Children's Hospital offered a great working enviroment at a state of the art pediatric hospital. There is much to learn and plenty of intelligent people to learn from.

There are a reasonable amount of opportunities for professional growth but you will most likely have to change departments.

Salary is definitely on the lower (maybe lowest) when compared to other hospitals in the longwood medical area. With that said, matching 403b (up to 5%) is a positive but is not vested until a tenure of 3 years.

Overall great hospital to work for, but needs to pay non-clinical employees more to increase retention
Pros
environment, co-workers, best practices
Cons
pay
inspiring hospital to work for
Program Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2016
-doctors are great and respectful of staff
-room to grow
-lean six sigma training provided by hospital
-most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are helping patients and optimizing their care, even as admin staff
Pros
great benefits/earned time
Cons
coworkers are stressed and tend to take it out on each other (typical hospital environment, but this type of attitude can reduce moral and productivity)
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 6, 2016
A day in the Cardiac ICU is just like it sounds, intense. We care for the sickest patients in the world. I am able to work with intelligent and elite staff that are amazing at what they do. I have learned how short life can be, and to never take anything for granted. My coworkers are extremely smart and dedicated to what they do. The hardest part about our job is seeing the patients that cannot be saved. The most enjoyable is being able to provide safety and compassion to not only patients but their families. The best parts are seeing the patient's that can be saved!
Rewarding Job
Immunology Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work with wonderful benefits. Great coworkers who are exceptionally skilled and hardworking. Plenty of room for growth and career advancement.
Pros
Rewarding Job
Cons
No cons
Productive and supportive workplace
COACH Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2016
Coworkers at Children were very respectful and fun to be around. The work environment was always productive and supportive. Given that every time I worked there I was a student working a summer job, my coworkers were always asking me about my future and giving me advice on school when I needed it. Everyone was genuinely pleasant to be around.
Pros
Free lunch, LMA Shuttles
Cons
short term employment
Productive, fun place with great benefits
Supervisor Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2015
The majority of Children's Hospital employee's are employed with Children's Hospital for at least one, two or more decades. People enjoy working at Children's Hospital because of our brand and it is taken very seriously "Until Every Child Is Well".
Benefits
Cons
parking
I was a Intake Coordinator for the Outpatient Psychiatry Department
Intake Coordinator/Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2016
It was a busy job that required me to be very detail oriented, patient on the phone with angry callers at times. I was in charge of all new patient calls fro outpatient psychiatry services. I had to inform each caller about the hospital criteria to be able to receive potential services.
great place to work
Billing Coordinator/ Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 22, 2016
I really loved working for Children's hospital. I only left this position for growth. The management was fair and understanding. The treatment was across the board fair. They treated employees with respect and included everyone in their parties.
Productive Workplace, energetic coworkers
Ambulatory Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 8, 2014
I loved working with people that were happy and energetic. Everyone made me feel important and I felt appreciation from the coordinators and employees that I helped process paperwork for, in order for these people to start working on time.

The hardest part of my job was knowing that I had so many job responsibilities, but a few of my coworkers in the same position as mine, weren't given as many job duties. I felt comforted and satisfied knowing people felt like they could ask me to help them with anything and that I would get whatever they needed done in a time efficient manner. I loved being able to work hard and help so many people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
tough to move up, management didn't enforce consequences to employees who displayed a lack of effort
Productive and fun work environment
Trainer/Analyst/Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2015
Exceptional leadership and outstanding work environment. Management and staff members are pleasant and helpful, providing for a great atmosphere to work in. The compensation and benefits are excellent, and it has been an overall great experience working at Boston Children's.
Productive and very serious about making things rigth
Student Intern Telecommunication (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2016
I had the time of my life working there. I would love to get my foot back into the door what ever it may be. The best work place to be and the best people to work with are at Boston Children's Hospital

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2