Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
great place to work
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2017
I started my ultrasound career at Children's and have always enjoyed being a team member there.
Excellent care is given to the greatest population there is.
It is a rewarding place to be and work.
The relationships I have made there have lasted a lifetime.
nice team to work with it.
Certified Central Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 13, 2017
looking for more money
also big place to work.
im current live in Boston, looking for a job near by, try to save some money on gas. try something different.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
poor Managment
n/a
EMT II/Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02115September 12, 2017
Boston Children's Hospital has provided me with a great opportunity for learning and professional growth. This has proven to be stressful, but very enjoyable. Helping others to a highest level is worth the stress.
A productive workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2017
A typical day working at Boston Children's Hospital is pretty straight forward. The hospital environment is a great place to work in because you get to meet new people and learn a lot.
Cons
short breaks
Boston Children's Hospital
Research Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2017
Competitive work environment. Advancement in medicine is a strong focus. Very rewarding work. Collaboration was a priority. My managers were flexible with my schedule when necessary.
Great Place to work
Temporary Customer Service/Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2017
My work experience at Children's was a very informative and allowed me to learn many things and advance on my skills.
The department included a great team of staff members that nurtured a learning environment and the atmosphere was always friendly and professional
Fun place
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2017
Stressful but fun. I've been working there for over 2 years and I like the team work and easy accessibility to the hospital and nice employees. I recommend working there
Stress Free
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAAugust 25, 2017
There is no micro managing. Your treated like an adult. Drama free. Helpful people. Nice people. Management is nice, approachable and easy to talk to or go to with issues.
Pros
Stress Free Environment
Cons
Job is boring
Great place to work in the field of IT, and every other day its busy which i prefer becuase it makes the day go by fast.
Deskside Support Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2017
The typical day in Boston Children Hospital as an IT is making sure all PC's and laptop's are working fine. Since the day i started working at Children i never felt like any specific day would feel stressful or hard because i enjoyed doing my work. What i learned at Children's in the IT field is that you have to be aware of your Email's, the ticketing system because every 5 or 10 minutes something might not be working in a specific floor, and ether me or someone ells will be taking care of the issue.
Pros
Ever other day is always bussy and i like to be busy with work.
Cons
I wish the location of Boston Children Hospital was much closer.
fast paced busy environment
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2017
Fast paced busy environment. Benefits are great, no advancement. Low pay raises and reviews not given on time. Excellent teaching hospital. We have excellent doctors and health care providers here.

Want to know more about Boston Children's Hospital?

Ask a question
Work place culture was very productive
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 9, 2017
Gained a lot of skills working with doctors and nurses and other staff.I found the environment to be fast paced where I worked independently and as a team.
productive and friendly place to work
Radiologic Technologist Student-Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 3, 2017
As a student I was treated very well and learned a lot from everyone that was an employee there. Children's Hospital is a wonderful place to care for patients and be lucky enough to work there.
Productive and fun working place
Supervisor, Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 1, 2017
Wonderful place to work ! I have enjoyed the working relationships that I have developed over the years. This hospital has allowed me to grow into my career!
Fast paced learning environment
Histotechnologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 31, 2017
BCH is an overall great place to work. It offers great benefits and competitive salaries. It is a fast paced working environment which will offer multiple learning opportunities.
Good benefits, but no scope for career advancement
Research Fellow (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2017
How good your work experience is, depends not so much on the Hospital, but a lot more on your PI/boss. It is your PI who is going to advocate for your career advancement and pay rise. Depending on how lucky you are, you may be moving up the career ladder smoothly, or end up being stuck in the same position for years. The PI also regulates how much paid leave you are entitled to. Yes, unfortunately that is the truth. Anyways, overall BCH is a good/okay place to work. The Hospital benefits (health, dental, vision etc) are really good.
Benefits
Cons
No scope for advancement
Great place to start
Sr. Patient Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2017
Great benefits, great work environment. Limited upward mobility for healthcare administration personnel. Great place to start out and wonderful location.
great place professional
IT SUPPORT (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 25, 2017
loved bch...but too far to travel for me from NH I live in londonderry NH and the commute was too much.
A great place to work extremely professional a part of my life.
Pros
all
Cons
too far for me
Great people, left wanting more..
HR Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 17, 2017
People are great, however, when asked for job growth and professional development, they weren't able to support. Salaries are also low especially for Boston.
Pros
MBTA card and health benefits
Cons
salaries and professional development
Excellent place to work
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2017
Organization is driven, uses data and research to make decisions. Supports their staff, especially nurses, and encourages growth and leadership. The benefits are good, but the hours can be long.
Stressful with large turn over rate
Med Tech II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2017
Children's is a nice place to work. But if you give them an inch they take a mile. Overworked, underpaid, not well managed. Communication is lacking between techs and management. Tech colleagues are easy to get along with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2