Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced, exciting, and rewarding.
Patient Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 27, 2017
Working for BCH was a fabulous experience in all aspects. Management truly cares about your success and helps guide you towards the right career path. I loved everything about this from the other employees, to my supervisors.
Pros
Working in the city
Cons
Commute
Nice atmosphere
Patient Accounts Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAMay 23, 2017
Good place to work. People are nice. There is a nice cafe. Plenty of parking and it is right near many shopping areas. Quick access to the highway as well.
productive
Weekend lead for Nutrition and Food Service (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
working at Children's hospital is a very fast paced job you are also on you feet for your schedule . I love helping the patient and parents.
it is a very diverse company.
Boston Children's Hospital
Sterile Processing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
Great Place to work fun atmosphere. Children's Hospital is a very diverse place to work and is also a teaching hospital. Staff are able to balance work life and home.
productive
PAR (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 9, 2017
I work in the ER so it could be very busy at times. Although children's is a great place to work. you learn new things everyday you meet different people.
Great place to work overall
Research Technician II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2017
Although the job environment is quite friendly, it's really complete luck if you get a good supervisor. I have many coworkers who are not satisfied at their jobs, simply because of their relationships with their coworkers and bosses.
Great Place
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Boston Children's. They were very busy and very customer focused. The leadership team was committed and easy to work with. I would definitely recommend this facility.
Not interested
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 5, 2017
There is a lot of work with no promotion or increase of salary. Physicians, nurses and staff are definitely a gem, but unfortunately we need the compensation as well
Love this place!
LAB ASSIATANT, PHLEBOTOMY RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2017
I enjoy working in bright, friendly environments and Children's Hospital provided just that. Although it was sad to see the little one's coming in and out for all reasons, it was nice to know there were so many dedicated staff willing to help them and each other succeed so that the job always got done right the first time. I miss it here
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 30, 2017
Love the community and love the craziness that is Boston Childrens. So sad that I will be leaving here. I hope to be back some day! Would definitely recommend this place of employment for others.
Our Days are Productive
Telephone/Page Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
I love working in the call center, I have been here for 10 years.

I have learned to be patient and to have compassion towards other nationalities.

Management is the greatest.

Our departments are all different nationalities.

There is know hard part about the job

When the day ends as a good day.
not so great
Blood Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
poor management. pay is okay hours of job are not so great under staffed donors are great people which is the only upside of the job knowing I'm doing something to help the children
Pros
helping children
Cons
hours, management
Great!
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
Some days are better than other, some are busier than others it ust takes a person who is willing to go with the motion of a work load to get through the day.
Rewarding place to work
Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator to CIO (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2017
Boston Children's hospital is a rewarding place to work, you know each day that somehow you've helped a child.

It can also be a sad place to work because of the children that are in real need of the best healthcare; some get to go home, some don't.
Pros
Being a part of something bigger than yourself
Cons
Knowing that sometimes the kids don't go home.
Application Development Specialist
Application Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2017
Great place to work. Great work life balance. Great people, the work is rewarding. Loved every minute there. If my husband hadn't been transferred, I wouldn't have left the hospital.
Pros
Interesting people; work/life balance; challanging work;
Cons
congested work area; traffic; parking
Not a very happy place
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2017
management does not show appreciation to jobs well done. No encouragement to perform and no acknowledgment or appreciation if you do. Management disconnected from employees.
Cons
Micro managing
wonderful place to work
Staff Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2017
Working at Children's Hospital is wonderful and like no other place I have ever worked. I would have stayed if only I could have managed my work schedule to my home life
cardiac floor nurse
Staff Nurse on Cardiology floor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2017
great floor to work on if you have experience. Lots of challenging patients. Lots of support and resources available. Such a good learning experience with the patients.
Peer leadership advising physical and mental health
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAMarch 24, 2017
Peer leadership advising physical and mental health. This job change my life for the better. This opened me up to a new world. they pushed me to do better in school and in life.
Stressful
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2017
A very stressful and tough place to work. Employees were not always nice. They were not big on teaching and helping new employees to learn the basics of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2