Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Dedicated to the Children
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2017
Safety and Quality top notch. Secondary duties do not get as much care and feeding. Power is not very distributed and communication travels downward for the most part. The people are great though, giving their all so that children get well.
Awesome internship
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2017
I was able to dip my feet into the world of research in the hospital environment. The most enjoyable part is knowing that the research I had done for Boston Childrens aided in better overall healthcare.
Its all about who you know not what you can do
Patient Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 16, 2017
Nepotism is everywhere. People are flagged for jobs that are not even posted yet and then moved into place with out allowing any other candidates a chance to apply.
NIce place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 12, 2017
I enjoyed working for Children's the only thing that made me leave was that I worked there for about 8 months and they never offered me a perm job. I would go back only to work on a perm position.
A Place to Learn and Grow
IT Compliance Manager/Cyber Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2017
This place gave me a chance just out of the Air Force. They are all about trying to help transferring veterans and also helping career growth. It has good pace to understand roles and relationships throughout the organization.
Great Place to Work
Administrative Associate III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02115October 3, 2017
Boston Children's Hospital is a great and fun place to work!
Great management and co-workers.
Relaxed environment.
Great benefits.
Available training enrollments for free.
Pros
Great benefits & salary
Cons
Commute
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 27, 2017
In my particular research lab, there was terrible management, a cut-throat mentality, lack of gender equality, poor payment, unprofessional conduct, and a really unhealthy culture. This does not reflect the overall culture at Boston Children's Hospital, but I would not highly recommend it for researchers.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Management, Culture, Salary
Few opportunities for advancement
Patient Experience Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 26, 2017
Entry-level positions are repetitive, with few opportunities to take on additional responsibilities or advance. However, the hospital does amazing things and I am proud to work here.
Caring and devoted to the medical care and development of children
OR Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 20, 2017
Children's Hospital Boston, was a great place to work, my only problem was the section that I worked for didn't have light duty, when I was pregnant they could not give me a desk job, so I had to resign my position. The work was fairly easy as long as you paid attention. The most enjoyable part of the job was, interacting with some of the staff that I worked with or came in contact with at the hospital. Some of the best people work at children's hospital. What can you say about management, my job was to work and that's what I focused on. I wish management would have fought to find a position that I could have filled until I went on maternity leave. I would still be employed at the hospital.
Pros
decent wage
Cons
hard to transfer within the hospital
great place to work
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2017
I started my ultrasound career at Children's and have always enjoyed being a team member there.
Excellent care is given to the greatest population there is.
It is a rewarding place to be and work.
The relationships I have made there have lasted a lifetime.
nice team to work with it.
Certified Central Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 13, 2017
looking for more money
also big place to work.
im current live in Boston, looking for a job near by, try to save some money on gas. try something different.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
poor Managment
n/a
EMT II/Communication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02115September 12, 2017
Boston Children's Hospital has provided me with a great opportunity for learning and professional growth. This has proven to be stressful, but very enjoyable. Helping others to a highest level is worth the stress.
A productive workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 11, 2017
A typical day working at Boston Children's Hospital is pretty straight forward. The hospital environment is a great place to work in because you get to meet new people and learn a lot.
Cons
short breaks
Boston Children's Hospital
Research Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2017
Competitive work environment. Advancement in medicine is a strong focus. Very rewarding work. Collaboration was a priority. My managers were flexible with my schedule when necessary.
Great Place to work
Temporary Customer Service/Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2017
My work experience at Children's was a very informative and allowed me to learn many things and advance on my skills.
The department included a great team of staff members that nurtured a learning environment and the atmosphere was always friendly and professional
Fun place
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2017
Stressful but fun. I've been working there for over 2 years and I like the team work and easy accessibility to the hospital and nice employees. I recommend working there
Stress Free
Patient Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAAugust 25, 2017
There is no micro managing. Your treated like an adult. Drama free. Helpful people. Nice people. Management is nice, approachable and easy to talk to or go to with issues.
Pros
Stress Free Environment
Cons
Job is boring
Great place to work in the field of IT, and every other day its busy which i prefer becuase it makes the day go by fast.
Deskside Support Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2017
The typical day in Boston Children Hospital as an IT is making sure all PC's and laptop's are working fine. Since the day i started working at Children i never felt like any specific day would feel stressful or hard because i enjoyed doing my work. What i learned at Children's in the IT field is that you have to be aware of your Email's, the ticketing system because every 5 or 10 minutes something might not be working in a specific floor, and ether me or someone ells will be taking care of the issue.
Pros
Ever other day is always bussy and i like to be busy with work.
Cons
I wish the location of Boston Children Hospital was much closer.
fast paced busy environment
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2017
Fast paced busy environment. Benefits are great, no advancement. Low pay raises and reviews not given on time. Excellent teaching hospital. We have excellent doctors and health care providers here.
Work place culture was very productive
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 9, 2017
Gained a lot of skills working with doctors and nurses and other staff.I found the environment to be fast paced where I worked independently and as a team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2