Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive and supportive workplace
COACH Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 15, 2016
Coworkers at Children were very respectful and fun to be around. The work environment was always productive and supportive. Given that every time I worked there I was a student working a summer job, my coworkers were always asking me about my future and giving me advice on school when I needed it. Everyone was genuinely pleasant to be around.
Pros
Free lunch, LMA Shuttles
Cons
short term employment
I was a Intake Coordinator for the Outpatient Psychiatry Department
Intake Coordinator/Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2016
It was a busy job that required me to be very detail oriented, patient on the phone with angry callers at times. I was in charge of all new patient calls fro outpatient psychiatry services. I had to inform each caller about the hospital criteria to be able to receive potential services.
Great people and enviorment
Senior Administrative Associate (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 31, 2016
Great people and environment, wish they had better compensation. There is tuition reimbursement which is very beneficial for people interested in taking classes part-time or at night.
Pros
People, benefits are good
Cons
Salary
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 6, 2016
A day in the Cardiac ICU is just like it sounds, intense. We care for the sickest patients in the world. I am able to work with intelligent and elite staff that are amazing at what they do. I have learned how short life can be, and to never take anything for granted. My coworkers are extremely smart and dedicated to what they do. The hardest part about our job is seeing the patients that cannot be saved. The most enjoyable is being able to provide safety and compassion to not only patients but their families. The best parts are seeing the patient's that can be saved!
Boston Children's Hospital is a fast paste environment where you can grow quick and become a great asset to people.
Telecom Technician Temp Contractor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 2, 2016
A day at Boston Children's Hospital can feel hectic but it makes you stronger day by day. I learned that I can be great a asset and if you try hard you can do anything you put your mind to whether it's fast or slow. Boston Children's Hospital is a place that teaches you how to come early to work. Time Management is very important because every child is important and no matter what type of work you do for Boston Children's Hospital you still have to think about the lives that are at steak if you don't get your work done. With my experience the hardest part about a telecom technician was learning how to find locations when I first got started because it's such a big facility. The most enjoyable part from my experience was seeing people's faces smile every time I solved one of their tech issues.
good benefits
Animal Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2016
I was working with animal every detail was important , the hardest was whether the effects of drugs killed them or the disease they had, what I liked was caring for them, because one of them might be the way to cure of any disease. Coworkers tried to do my best and get along.
Productive and excellent place to enhance your skills and knowledge
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 15, 2015
Processing of Blood smaples,isolation of PBMCs, culture,staining, Multi color flow cytometry and analyzing data. Performing cytokine ELISA of plasma.
Excellent place to work.
staff nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2015
My average day consists of caring for 1-8 patients. These patients have multiple diagnosis and the age may range from 7-17. I work with great people who are dedicated to providing excellent care to patients and families. The hardest part of my job is not being able to help a patient see that life is worth living and the most enjoyable part of my job is watching patients thrive and move forward in there treatment.
Excellent Employer
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 3, 2015
Boston Children's Hospital was a great employer, I learned much and enjoyed my time there. My team was very supportive and worked well together, and our support structure in management and IT was very close knit, and problems were dealt with quickly when they arose. The benefits are very good at Children's, as is the atmosphere and culture.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2015
In this institute, I do Chip-seq data analysis using R/Bioconductor. I get the real experience of big data analysis. I have learnt R from classroom and textbook, but the intern is different.
management
Administrative - Temp Pool (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2015
I like the boss that I had because she was a straight shooter and a hard worker to go along with it. The company was fast paced and the location was in Boston.
Excellent experience. Enjoyed what I was doing.
Staff photographer, Interim (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2015
I enjoyed the diversity of working for a hospital. The people I worked with were excellent and the variety of assignments allowed me to gain tremendous experience in all aspects of photography.
Loving atmosphere
Clinical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 15, 2015
I enjoy helping others and love children. I enjoy going to work everyday knowing that I am helping families. This is a place were family come for there care and I am proud to say that I give excellent care to these families
Pros
great healthcare
Cons
Scheduel
Busy yet manageable workplace
Neonatal ICU/ER intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 13, 2015
The hospital absolutely got very busy especially in the neonatal ICU however we were always well staffed making our busy hours manageable. Coworkers were wonderful and patients/patient families were as well. In the COACH program, travel and lunch was all paid for. Great program and company to work for.
Great Place to Work!
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2015
By far the best job I had ever had. Unfortunately, I got hurt and was unable to do daily job duties so I had to resign, but it was amazing there. People are great, pay is great, and you leave everyday knowing you made a difference!
Pros
great people, pay, environment
Cons
taking the train
Beware of Poor Management
AA (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2015
Very poor and unprofessional management practices. Loved the hospital, but the office politics made work unbearable.
Pros
Location, Public Trans accessible, great benefits.
Rewarding scientific research environment
Research Assistant and Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2015
Excellent small, tight-knight community. Being located in the Longwood Medical Area means that you have access to essentially any tool, technique, or specialist you might need for your research. Plenty of support for administrators and lab managers. Definite opportunities for go-getters in terms of higher level administrative work.
Review
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 16, 2015
-Appreciated goals of work
-Found myself to be a very passive part of work, where I like to be more involved
-hardest part was having to take medical leave
Pros
easy job
Cons
lot of expectations for non-compensated internship
hard to get in and hard to advance unless you're a professional brown nose
Help Desk/Desktop support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2015
pay is below market, but most jobs are stable and benefits are okay. Good stepping stone to get where you want to be, but not good to stay long term if you're looking to advance your career rapidly.
medical research for breast cancer
Research Fellow and Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 4, 2015
To study breast cancer metastasis, using animal model. Multiple team collaboration. Present seminars and attend national conferences.
Pros
self lunch
Cons
short break

4.2