Boston Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Our Days are Productive
Telephone/Page Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
I love working in the call center, I have been here for 10 years.

I have learned to be patient and to have compassion towards other nationalities.

Management is the greatest.

Our departments are all different nationalities.

There is know hard part about the job

When the day ends as a good day.
not so great
Blood Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
poor management. pay is okay hours of job are not so great under staffed donors are great people which is the only upside of the job knowing I'm doing something to help the children
Pros
helping children
Cons
hours, management
Great!
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 24, 2017
Some days are better than other, some are busier than others it ust takes a person who is willing to go with the motion of a work load to get through the day.
Rewarding place to work
Executive Assistant and Project Coordinator to CIO (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2017
Boston Children's hospital is a rewarding place to work, you know each day that somehow you've helped a child.

It can also be a sad place to work because of the children that are in real need of the best healthcare; some get to go home, some don't.
Pros
Being a part of something bigger than yourself
Cons
Knowing that sometimes the kids don't go home.
Application Development Specialist
Application Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 19, 2017
Great place to work. Great work life balance. Great people, the work is rewarding. Loved every minute there. If my husband hadn't been transferred, I wouldn't have left the hospital.
Pros
Interesting people; work/life balance; challanging work;
Cons
congested work area; traffic; parking
Not a very happy place
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2017
management does not show appreciation to jobs well done. No encouragement to perform and no acknowledgment or appreciation if you do. Management disconnected from employees.
Cons
Micro managing
wonderful place to work
Staff Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2017
Working at Children's Hospital is wonderful and like no other place I have ever worked. I would have stayed if only I could have managed my work schedule to my home life
cardiac floor nurse
Staff Nurse on Cardiology floor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2017
great floor to work on if you have experience. Lots of challenging patients. Lots of support and resources available. Such a good learning experience with the patients.
Peer leadership advising physical and mental health
Peer Leader (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAMarch 24, 2017
Peer leadership advising physical and mental health. This job change my life for the better. This opened me up to a new world. they pushed me to do better in school and in life.
Stressful
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 21, 2017
A very stressful and tough place to work. Employees were not always nice. They were not big on teaching and helping new employees to learn the basics of the job.
Positive work environment
Research Study Assistant II (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2017
Team dynamic in my division is excellent. Those above champion and challenge you to succeed. The hardest part of the job can sometimes be trying to do work that involves direct involvement with your PI. They are usually always approachable and patient, but also incredibly busy and overstretched - which can lead you to feel that way by proxy.
No room for growth
Scheduling Coordinator - Radiology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 15, 2017
The culture here now is, to grow, you have to be a "YES" person. If your ideas don't reflect everyone else's, you're not considered for a job. I could argue that race is also a reason, as the minority workforce population is not represented in management-level positions appropriately.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lack of growth opportunities for long-term employees
Wonderful
Applications Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 14, 2017
I enjoy the flexibility and laid back culture of ISD. The people are wonderful and the location could not be beat. The hardest part of my job is helping the users, which include the doctors and researchers.
Educational Healthcare Organization providing outstanding care
Case Manager Nursing (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 2, 2017
Excellent educational opportunities and good benefits. Pay is somewhat lower than other Boston teaching hospitals. Great multidisciplinary team work.
Pros
Opportunities to learn, flexibility, challenging cases
Cons
Benefits, management, workplace bullying
Good for experience
Research Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 2, 2017
Bottom line, this is an Academia environment. Low pay, great benefits if you have a family. Great reputation being connected to Harvard Medical School.
Productive and fun workplace.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2017
A typical day at work was answering the phones, calendar management, typing up documents, taking the minutes of the staff meeting once a week, making copies, and working on Excel Spreadsheets.
I learned more advanced Excel.
My supervisor was very nice, professional and helpful.
The workplace culture was great, because they treated everyone the same -- from the head of the hospital to the support staff.
The hardest part of the job was the commute. It took approximately 2 hours each way.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the work and the people I worked with.
Pros
I got to work in a totally different atmosphere
Cons
The long commute
Top Place to Work
Staff Nurse, Medical ICU (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Boston Children's Hospital does amazing work. I am privileged to be a part of this organization and what they do for patients and their families.
BCH is a great place to work
Clinical Team Leader; Clinical Applications (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at Boston Children's and would recommend to anyone looking to advance their healthcare career and be involved in a large academic medical center setting.
Great co-workers
Care Companion (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 20, 2017
The work enviorenment is amazing. Your are exposed to a diverse community of patients and employees. Being in that kind of space shapes your understanding of the world towards a positive direction. I love going to work everyday and interacting with my patients and the healthcare professionals.
Pros
Good pay, lovely people
Cons
short breaks, difficult to get there
friendly staff
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2017
Was always busy and everyone I worked with seemed to care about each other's safety and well being. Was fun to work with both patients and fellow staff members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2