Boston College Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for learning
Casa Hispánica Director (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMarch 13, 2016
I'm doing my master at Boston College and I have had the great opportunity to meanwhile, be the director of La Casa Hispánica.
I could only tell good things about my experience ; I have learned to organize events, to deal with a limited budget and getting a great response from this students who have always been extremely involved in the Hispanic culture.
At the same time I have been able to work 15 hours per week in the department of romance languages and literatures . Here I learned how to organize the different aspects of academic life of the college ; from teachers to schedule final exams . I could also help organize workshops and events that have taken place in the department in this two years .
Masters Degree requirement
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 18, 2016
One of the stipulations of attending Boston College for graduate work, at least in my department, is that you become a teaching assistant. The compensation is decent, and the workload changes from semester-to-semester.
Boston College Catering
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Boston College catering provides an excellent workplace where every employee is welcomed with open arms and treated with the utmost respect. From management to the chefs to the students everybody works together to provide a friendly teamwork oriented environment.
Positive work environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 25, 2016
This is a wonderful place to work. The staff is all very encouraging and kind. It's a great job to have while in school. There is a very positive energy.
Developing Well-Rounded Skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 8, 2015
Started working after I graduated. I was introduced to many types of work environments. Stadium duties, selling items, shipping packages, overall helping customers.
Pros
Learning Diffrent Trades
Extremely busy and at times, demanding.
Food Services Worker (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 22, 2015
A typical day at work is normally busy as I am working in a "Food Catering" services. Everything has to be top notch from food preparation to cleanliness. The co-workers are helpful and we work as a team. I have learned a lot from my current job to be careful when dealing with food and its presentation.
Hardest part of work is the hours can be extremely unpredictable. At times, we have to start work at 4am, depending on the orders of the day. At times, I don't even have time for a break.
Pros
Free Lunch
Fun sometimes!!
Griller/Fryer/Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 10, 2015
It's not all that bad, but it's far from being the greatest place to work in my opinion, especially in the kitchen. My co-workers were the best, and most amazing people i've ever worked with. Though the amount of stress you deal with in the kitchen is a lot, the managers are constantly breathing down your neck, they don't help, they have no sense of leadership at all, and have no respect for their employees! They're so focused on getting the job done but they don't know how to motivate employees to want to see results, and rarely this behavior breeds high performance in any organization! They will fail the kitchen miserably with this behavior!
excellent
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MANovember 3, 2015
It is a very good place to study. There are many beautiful and historic buildings on campus. The most enjoyable part of the job is working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
nice, professional stuff
I figured what I want for work by working at BC
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MAOctober 27, 2015
The best part about working at BC is I had the chance to meet all these friendly people. They are the best part of my work. They also have great employee benefits for full time employees.
Nice place for internship
Helpdesk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 30, 2015
This place was a good place to do my internship because i've learned and gained lots of technical knowledge. The people I've worked with were great and very understanding.
Pros
great place
Cons
N/A
Great School
Web Editor (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 4, 2015
Great school, great people. Lots of hard work but hopefully it will pay off when I graduate. Econ major and Biology minor.

Senior year '16
Edited curricula for a masters program in social work, updated students'information keeping it current, solved students'problems, advised accordingly.
Academic Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 1, 2015
Supported the program, assigned students on different levels according to the relevance of the program.
In the purchasing department, I was introduced to financing and contracting with different organizations.Reconciled accounts and being responsible of a busy reception.
The best
Digital Media Producer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2015
I wouldn't be anyone I actually like if it weren't for working at BC. My time here has been absolutely amazing and am afraid of moving on to anywhere else because it is that good. I often relate it to having golden handcuffs. Golden being a metaphor for general happiness instead of wealth. While I do think many of their employees should be getting paid more, BC makes up for it by giving some of the best benefits and work/life balance I've ever seen and have ever heard of. Having said that...even though they have an amazing work life balance they are lacking by giving truly flexible time (the option to be able to work from home). Things can some times move at a snails pace here, but, it's a sigh of relief away from the pointless hustle and bustle of the rest of the world. It's hard, if not nearly impossible to move up at BC. But, I do think you'll be very happy and comfortable here. I would recommend this company for people who are looking to retire or who just want a very comfortable environment without being afraid of when the next lay-off is going to come. Expect your ideas to be heard but not utilized, for BC is an institution founded by a religion that doesn't easily break new ground or change their mindset, so to try to do anything even slightly different than what has always been done doesn't come easy. Don't expect to get paid a lot but expect to be generally happy while working here.
Pros
Free time, general happiness, work/life balance, comfortable
Cons
Not being able to work from home, promotions are rare, doesn't nurture creativity
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAAugust 15, 2015
Working there has been a good experience. The co-workers are easy to get along with, however not all are first English speakers. This makes it hard to communicate with them when the rush of customers comes in and they don't know what they are asking for. The managers were good for the most part but sometimes it's hard to get a hold of them.
Pros
Fun Staff, Flexible
Cons
Disorganized
Programs/Faculty Assistant
Programs/Faculty Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJuly 9, 2015
Develop and maintain an organized filing system, as well as manage database systems.

Administrative Tasks including mail room duties, calendar management, processing reimbursements and event planning for meetings.
Boston College. Where else but here!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 8, 2015
A wonderful working environment that continues to wow and amaze those who continue who work there 5,10,20 years later.
Pros
Campus is gorgeous!, Location is great, Benefits are stupendous
Cons
Parking, Upward Mobility can be difficult
Extremely educational experience, great facilities and amazing staff
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2015
Researching in the Lowery Lab of Boston College taught me so much about myself, working in a team, and managing difficult logistical and scientific problems. The research I did was utterly fascinating and while I learned much about developmental neuroscience, more importantly, I learned what it meant to be a scientist.
Excellent benefits, room for advancement and friendly co-workers
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAJune 29, 2015
Clocking in and getting right to work setting up meals for each shift. Supervising student employees and coaching in procedures. Menu suggestions and submissions. Cleaning.
Pros
Stellar benefits, educated managers and strong Human Resources.
Cons
Meal plan allots a small amount and doesn't always cover cost if you work a dinner shift.
Work study position in Marketing department in the school of managment
Administrative and Research Support (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJune 26, 2015
This position afforded me the opportunity to work in an office setting while attending college. I was able to use my excel skills and information I learned in my classes to may a valuable contribution to the department. I also did research for the marketing professors.
Pros
Received salary while attending college
Cons
It was hard to balance finals and work schedule at end of semesters.
Excellent work environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAJune 22, 2015
I enjoyed working there with lots of nice people. I learned a lot about working in the academia filed. Everyone was willing to help all the time. Enjoyed working there. Management was great
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Pay for parking monthly

4.3