Boston College Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Assitant (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 29, 2017
Working side by side with the bc team was an amazing experience for me. To see the culture and how everyone is family and everyone wants everyone to succeed is great to be around.
Sports Management
Assistant Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
Organized and supplied a variety of reports internally and to external clients.Managed front office operations and coached players and helped instill key skills such as teamwork. Developed and instilled camp schedules for athletes . Created and updated active files in order to ensure that the office ran smoothly
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
N/a
Excellent Benefits
Manager of Events, Woods College (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 21, 2017
Boston College is a small private Jesuit School which provides a stellar education to its students. It has numerous programs and degrees available for its students to select from as their major or minor.

The campus is beautiful with its landscaping and marble sculptures located in numerous buildings.

The benefits are outstanding such as: healthcare, fitness, commuter, travel and discounts from select businesses and stores.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Part Time Coach
Assistant Men's Lacrosse Coach (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAApril 5, 2017
It was not the greatest relationships as a part time coach between our club program and the Club Sports administration. We were not paid in our positions despite devoting 10 plus hours a week to their team. Being a club program, you are also treated like you deserve nothing from the school because they are a non revenue generating sport, nor an NCAA sanctioned sport. It made things very difficult as a coach, and disheartening as a fan of our sport and the younger generations who play it.
Good work place
Senior Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2017
Great place to work. Work-Life balance will be good. Your ideas will be appreciated always again it is based on the manager and management.

I would suggest anyone to work here.
Pros
Good work place, benefits
Great Place to Work
Digitization Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMarch 30, 2017
Boston College is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly, and happy to make you feel like a part of the team. Parking can be a challenge, however.
Fun games and learnt a lot
Fundamental Analysis Student (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMarch 30, 2017
I finished two stock valuation model and pitch process. It is a fun process that you can really learnt a lot about financial model building and you could think it deep insight when you were deciding whether or not you should invest in this the stock.
Very fun organization
Culinary Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MAMarch 25, 2017
Since it was my very first real job at the age of 16. It was very excited and fun obviously, but at that time I wanted to experience the moment and learned as much as can. it was very fun environment place to work especially due to building experiences. In the morning when I work I mostly set up food for the lunch and sever it to student at the cafeteria. After I clean work area and prep food for the next shift available or tomorrow. It help me learned how to balance school work and work which was a huge benefit for me. One thing that made the organization unique was we work as we collaborate with each other. Also we were very patient with our costumers as supposed.
Pros
Learn how to manage my time and being on time
Cons
transportation was very difficult due to where I used to live
Great work environment
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMarch 8, 2017
I would recommend working at this company. Days vary in terms of business but there is always something to do. Positive workplace with great coworkers.
Boston College
Writer (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 19, 2017
Boston College is my alma matter and I loved every minute I spent there. Best college experience ever. I recommend everyone who has an opportunity to attend BC to do so.
Promising future for dedicated people
Mailroom, Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 2, 2017
My experience here was great. The culture here is very warm and inviting. All the leadership in my department were very engaged and supportive. My relationships with my colleagues were excellent!!! How badly I miss some of them, but I know they went on to bigger and better things. Altogether I would say the warm and inviting organizational culture at Boston College would actually make my total rating 6 stars!! They are an excellent place to work for!!!!!
Pros
great culture, supportive leadership, relationships with colleagues, opportunity for growth
Cons
compensation wasn't very high, parking was a nightmare due to it always being so crowded
delivery
delevery (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 23, 2017
it was a good learning experience for me to know what to do on the job people are nice but its too mush rushing around for me the hardest part of the job was asking for help and the most enjoyable part of the job was talking to my co workers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
people rush around too much
Graduate Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 21, 2017
I worked as a graduate intern. Was great position for graduate school. They valued that I was a student and always placed my student responsibilities first good support system, friendly work environment, flexible work environment.
Fast paced with great staff
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 2, 2017
A typical day at work would be very fast paced, we would be timed on all of our tasks. You would be under a lot of pressure to finish but you would always have fun. We would always joke around while doing it, listen to music and dance around. Management was friendly and accommodating as well as all of the kitchen staff. The hardest part of the job was being timed, as well as working the busy lunch rush. The most enjoyable was knowing at the end of the day that you achieved something big.
gave me a lot of time to do my homework
Book Sorter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 18, 2016
don't have a lot to say about this job, I don't remember anything. .
Productive and fun environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MASeptember 18, 2016
Great please to work, meet lots of different people with different backgrounds. Great way to learn and get your feet wet.
Excellent work climate
Associate Director - Annuals Capital Projects (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMay 16, 2016
low pressure work environment
excellent co-workers
management
health and wellness programs
vacation and sick days
working with a wide range of departments
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
no performance bonus
Great place for learning
Casa Hispánica Director (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAMarch 13, 2016
I'm doing my master at Boston College and I have had the great opportunity to meanwhile, be the director of La Casa Hispánica.
I could only tell good things about my experience ; I have learned to organize events, to deal with a limited budget and getting a great response from this students who have always been extremely involved in the Hispanic culture.
At the same time I have been able to work 15 hours per week in the department of romance languages and literatures . Here I learned how to organize the different aspects of academic life of the college ; from teachers to schedule final exams . I could also help organize workshops and events that have taken place in the department in this two years .
Masters Degree requirement
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAFebruary 18, 2016
One of the stipulations of attending Boston College for graduate work, at least in my department, is that you become a teaching assistant. The compensation is decent, and the workload changes from semester-to-semester.
Boston College Catering
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chestnut Hill, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Boston College catering provides an excellent workplace where every employee is welcomed with open arms and treated with the utmost respect. From management to the chefs to the students everybody works together to provide a friendly teamwork oriented environment.