Boston Consulting Group Employee Reviews in United States

This is a repeat
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 5, 2016
This is a repeat of the last survey. I do not understand why we have to continue to do this just to place our resume online. Nice benefits at this company
An Excellent Company - I Wish I Could Have Stayed
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2015
Ultimately I needed to leave because there wasn't enough room for me to advance when I was ready, but I miss working there. The culture is amazing, and I love the people there.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Great Benefits, Excellent Affiliation
Cons
Consulting side can be rough in an up-or-out firm
Global management consulting firm and world's leading advisor on business strategy
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2015
Regular opportunities to work with world's leading companies on on high-priority strategic issues. A great job for anyone who is looking to learn and gain expertise on business strategy as well as business execution.
Demanding, smart coworkers, fast-paced
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2015
Consultants are expected of a lot. Due to the large number of MNC clients who are operating in different time zones, client meetings can often occur at inconvenient times, resulting in long hours. Overall BCG Shanghai was a great place to intern as a start to a career due to exposure to clients, the consulting industry, and knowledgable, driven coworkers
Pleasant people, productive place
Systems Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 13, 2015
It's a fast-paced yet friendly environment, where people are devoted to their work. I learned various financial systems such as Oracle Financials, Business Objects, Infor Time and Expense management tool, etc. The work was cross-functional and cross-departmental. I worked very hard and felt that my work was appreciated.
Incredible company with room to grow.
General Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2015
My time at the Boston Consulting Group was nothing short of amazing, the people are incredible and the job was very rewarding. Surrounded by amazing individuals their passion and knowledge radiates inspiring you to grow into the best you can be.
Pros
The people and the perks
Cons
Unexpected late nights
Decent workplace with free lunches, good benefits
Senior Knowledge Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 3, 2015
Fun work place with supportive colleagues. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Great job and workplace
Administrative Assistant (part-time/temporary) (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 22, 2015
This company is excellent. The work was very easy to accomplish. The manager is awesome. Great working environment. I was able to come in ten minutes early so I could leave ten minutes early to go to my afternoon job.
Pros
Excellent work and company and management
Cons
No benefits and it was temporary.
An excellent work experience
Senior Compensation Analyst - Officer Compensation (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 27, 2015
I really loved working at BCG. I thought the people there were very supportive and there was potential for growth. The reason that I left is that I got married and my husband and I decided to move to Maine. I was unable to keep my job remotely.
Lack of advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2015
* Great medical benefits, lack of advancement, the hardest part of the job is separating work/life
* Management is not very supportive
Principal (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2015
I have very much enjoyed my time at BCG. It is a great place to get exposure to a variety of industries and skills.

The culture is intense - work hard and play hard.
Fast paced work with great people and benefits.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 8, 2015
A typical day for me at BCG started with hearing about any urgent issues from my coworkers and/or checking my emails for any tickets or issues. Every day was a little different, one day I might be re-imaging laptops the next I might be doing inventory for supply orders, or providing onsite support at a meeting. Day to day varied quite a bit. Having IT support in the office, when most of the office is traveling frequently, means having to balance between office and online support. For me it was great because I enjoy fast pace work and providing customer service. A great group of people both personal and professional. Management very supportive and fair. I enjoyed my coworkers the most, they were the best part of my day.
Pros
Amazing benefits, Forbes Best Place to Work #2 three times in the last 5 years, catered lunch on Fridays, and great people
Great Company to work for/with
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 23, 2015
Benefits are amazing. Great company to work for and with. Co-workers unite as a team. A unique experience; and a place one can develop and learn qualities to enhance skillsets. Very fast passed environment, yet great work life balance.
World renown top-tiered strategy consulting firm
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2015
BCG is of course the world renown management consulting firm founded by Bruce Henderson. It has been widely credited for founding business strategy as a discipline, not least because of the pioneering work done by Bruce in the early years of the firm.

I was recruited by the firm in Australia, having completed my MBA on a full scholarship. I chose to join the Hong Kong office as I would like to take part in the firm's growth there. It was a great experience working with some of the largest and most innovative corporations in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan to participate in the strategy re-orientation of those corporate giants to take advantage of China's WTO entry and e-commerce.

BCG has a truly collegiate and open work atmosphere. Every one of the consultants was encouraged to make their views known. We worked very hard but also very happily as there was tremendous learning from one another.
Federal Contracts
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 24, 2015
- fun place to work, intense environment
- young coworkers
- high attention to detail
Fun team and great culture!
Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2014
I was only at the this job for 6 months as I was hired into a temporary position for the fall recruiting season but it was a great group, exciting work. Every day was different, sometimes attending events.
BCG Brings Out The Best
Recruiting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
I have never worked for a company like BCG before. The expectations are high which makes you always want to go above and beyond to meet and maintain those standards.

We work hard and play hard. You can't beat the benefits package. There are not many places that take care of you the way that BCG does.
Pros
Healthcare package
Cons
not always room for advancement for non-consulting staff
lots of learning and opportunities
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 27, 2014
intelligent co workers

high impact work

high interaction with executives

steep learning curve
Excellent company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 14, 2014
Unbelievable professionalism and intellectual integrity.
Pros
People, amazing benefits
Cons
Limited upward movement for administrators
Bright and intelligent Folks
Senior IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Always learn something new here. Never a dull moment. Great co-workers.
Pros
Health benefits, opportunities, work-life balance
Cons
Separation between consulting and business service staff

4.2