Boston Consulting Group Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Accounting Specialist/ Expense Auditor (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 21, 2017
Productive workplace, exciting place to work.I love workplace like BCG it's a fun. I love my job at BCG and always work hard to do my best at work. always learn something new.
Great company to launch your career
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Learned the core business toolkit and was exposed to a variety of industries and companies. Great people but like all client-facing jobs, lots of variability in lifestyle.
Great benefits and fun company. Staff and management between the offices varies greatly. Not much room for growth as a staff member.
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 5, 2017
Great benefits and fun company. Staff and management between the offices vary greatly. Not much room for growth as a staff member. BCG will never reward you for being a great employee. Their mentality is you must go above and beyond to achieve growth.
Benefits
Cons
Staff and management
Productive and fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2017
Fun environment to work with many opportunities for staff to better themselves. Everyone is treated with the same level of importance. Easy to settle into the company and staff are extremely friendly.
Great place to learn
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2016
BCG provides endless opportunities to get involved in a multitude of different client experiences. The caliber of talent at this firm is second to none making it a great environment to learn and grow. Oftentimes, the client work can be a little tough making work/life balance out of reach sometimes. Overall, salary and benefits at the firm are great other than the vacation policy (15 days for employees that have worked less than 5 years)
Pros
Good exposure to clients. Great benefits!
Cons
Little work/life balance
Best platform to develop well-rounded skills
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2016
High impact client work
Very intelligent and humble co-workers
Great emphasis on training and feedback
Awesome network of dedicated and smart people
The best company to work for!!
Editorial Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2016
Overall great company, atmosphere and lovely co-workers. I absolutely adore working here! I couldn't imagine life without BCG. Constantly learning knew things!
Competitive environemnt. Fast learning curve
Analyst, Propriety Data and Tools (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, ILSeptember 18, 2016
Amazing company to work with. The co-workers are smart which helps you indirectly, as you are working in a very competitive environment.
The HR people need to be more pro-active though
Pros
Fast growth
Glorious sweatshop
Enterprise Architect (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYAugust 29, 2016
A compartmentalized and regementalized top-down environment leading to massive amounts of inefficient effort. Decorum wins over substance. Excellent benefits.
Pros
benefits, travel accomodations
Cons
Do over think culture
This is a repeat
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 5, 2016
This is a repeat of the last survey. I do not understand why we have to continue to do this just to place our resume online. Nice benefits at this company

Want to know more about Boston Consulting Group?

Ask a question
Excellent Professional Business
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2016
An Excellent top 100 company to be employed for! This company supplies its clients with superior services and attention to their financial needs. The work environment is superior and the professionalism is exemplary.
Pros
Excellent Exposure to Fast Paced Work Environment
Cons
Long work Hours
Productive and fun place to work
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 8, 2016
The best and most supportive co workers I have ever worked with.
Hardest part of the job was trying to impress my boss, easiest was everything that came naturally to me; ex. organizing, event planning, setting up lunches, contacting vendors, emails.

Most enjoyable was getting to be creative in different things.
Wrapping presents, thinking of ways to make the office feel like home, décor for lunches/events, etc.
Fantastic place to learn and grow
Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 7, 2016
Accelerated learning platform with great benefits/ perks. Think of it as a highly paid MBA. Great culture, different from all other consulting firms; will definitely develop you as a person and position you to achieve your career goals.
Work/ Life Balance??
BST (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
This company values money over everything. Integrity and empathy are not visible within the Houston office. Next years "best companies to work for" will illustrate the cracks within this company.
This is my best professional experience
Executive Assistant to Partner and General Manager (Former Employee) –  casablanca, MOMay 13, 2016
the pace is very rapid.

I star by having breakfast at the cafeteria, we were really spoiled, having everything we may want for breakfast. it doesn' t take long though, but it delights our day.

I start the day by going over my emails and my boss s ones, organize, archive some answer or dispatch some. I follow up very closely the calendar, which is an important task to do. organize meetings that may include dozens of people fro different countries with different time zones and try to find a suitable time for everyone which can be impossible sometimes, but we make it happen.

I also organize marketing events starting by the invitations, the catering and also the venue. it s so rewarding when a marketing event meets big success.

I had wonderful boss, hard working, serious organized, and knows exactly what he wants and on the top of that very human.

I really enjoyed working at BCG.
Pros
very good trainings, free meals, nice team building trips
Cons
managing 3 to 4 people at a time.
sr financial analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 25, 2015
Standard work environment to the typical office position. Nothing above or below typical standards. Nothing more to add.
Pros
na
Cons
na
An Excellent Company - I Wish I Could Have Stayed
Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2015
Ultimately I needed to leave because there wasn't enough room for me to advance when I was ready, but I miss working there. The culture is amazing, and I love the people there.
Pros
Free Friday Lunch, Great Benefits, Excellent Affiliation
Cons
Consulting side can be rough in an up-or-out firm
Excellent new organization: BCG Platinion
Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2015
Excellent Corporate Culture, expansion plans and success rate is impressive.
Management is excellent, treat consultants as employees
Global management consulting firm and world's leading advisor on business strategy
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2015
Regular opportunities to work with world's leading companies on on high-priority strategic issues. A great job for anyone who is looking to learn and gain expertise on business strategy as well as business execution.
Demanding, smart coworkers, fast-paced
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2015
Consultants are expected of a lot. Due to the large number of MNC clients who are operating in different time zones, client meetings can often occur at inconvenient times, resulting in long hours. Overall BCG Shanghai was a great place to intern as a start to a career due to exposure to clients, the consulting industry, and knowledgable, driven coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Consulting Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Boston Consulting Group Reviews by Location