Boston Financial Data Services Employee Reviews

Good Training and Benefits
Service Specialist in the Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 21, 2015
Overall my experience with this company was good. Their training program for new associates is excellent. Middle management did need more training, as they were usually so over worked that management classes weren't available to them and their associates suffered for it. Usually when layoffs took place middle management would take the hit. The company's higher-ups talk about providing their employees with a good work-family life balance but usually due to "business needs" this is just talk.
Do not recommend anyone to work there.
Fund Liaison (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 19, 2015
Horrible work-life balance. Very bad compensation. The only good thing there are benefits, health, dental and vacation.
Pros
Vacation, you get 3 weeks when you start
Cons
very low compensation
learning a new job.
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 15, 2015
working as a fund liaison was new and with the on the job training it made it a Challenge. working with brokers and other companies like STATE STREET, made it enjoyable
Info
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 13, 2015
This is again a non-profit organization with day care services for surrounding community. A typical day started with processing accounts payable, consulting with supervisor for different tasks for the day.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Part-time position
Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 22, 2015
Part time position with no benefits. This job consisted of processing mutual fund and tax-deferred savings account transactions.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Part-time
Very busy yet laid back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MESeptember 18, 2015
I loved it here! You're busy; the staff is always fun- management is also awesome- yet serious/work based. You'll have fun!!! Great benefits and compensation, too. Makes it all worth it and makes it a great place to be!
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MESeptember 8, 2015
The pay and benefits were great, but they were the only thing that was right at this business. Management was horrible. Schedules were all over the place. They did not follow labor laws, making associates begin work prior to signing in for their shifts, were not willing to allow pregnant women to go to doctor appointments during the day, and even cut a sick associate off from using the restroom.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
Not a good place to work
Processes mutual fund accounts, services shareholders.
Account specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2015
Process transactions on mutual fund accounts. Maintains accounts, services shareholders. Places return phone calls and emails in regards to client accounts.
Great
CENTRALIZED CORE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 14, 2015
This was a great place to work. I loved the position that I had. I regret that I had to leave, The job required that we input information that we received from applications into the computer system. It was pretty good and fast paced.
Financial Operations
Senior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 10, 2015
This experience set the bar for maintaining operational excellence and producing positive financial results. Quality standards were precisely explained, monitored and delivered based on guidance and training from upper management. I was able to advance by showcasing my skills while networking amongst leaders in various operational departments.
Pros
Overtime, Tokens of appreciation from various clients, Benefits

Want to know more about Boston Financial Data Services?

Ask a question
Lousy hours and break schedule
CSR (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEJune 29, 2015
They would have us work from 4:00 PM to 11:00 PM or so and they would give us ONE 10-minute break and a 30-minute break. Pay was 12.00 per hour but we would have to work very late Fridays and be in to work at 8:00 AM Saturday mornings. My co-workers were very pleasant but management stunk. They want you to relax and use your own words but when you do they lecture you and tell you to read from the script verbatim.
Pros
relatively good pay
Cons
short breaks; lousy management and hours
Great place for College Students
Corporate Securities Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJune 20, 2015
Although it is a mix a college students and older adults its a really nice place to work. great pay and flexible hours. if you need a day off to study they give it to you easy!
Good learning experience
Customer Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 26, 2015
Answered client calls and strived to meet all their needs. Attended all classes and management training. I was able to complete my skills in working in the financial industry.
Pros
wrk with good people.
Cons
management out of touch.
Financial Services is a great career path for canidates like myself.
Frontline Manager / Senior Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 16, 2015
I have held many positions over many years in financial services, from an entry level processor to management. In a typical day, I may encounter numerous situations, where my technical and managerial skills come in to play. The most challenging, but also the most rewarding is digging in to complex situations, where my prior and current industry and system knowledge is utilized. In addition, I encourage team members at all levels to brain-storm and come to a consensus on how to complete corrections to accounts. With a group of individuals with different skill levels, this approach not only completes the task at hand, but also is a learning experience for all.
Depends on your perspective
Client Relations (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2015
If you like working for big companies where the there is room to grow and options for advancement, BFDS is for you. If you are frightened by the fact that your employer is monitoring your your triglycerides, BMI and other vital statistics as part of a new 'wellness' program that seems more akin to Big Brother looking over your shoulder on the treadmill, find a smaller employer. Keep your options open. As part of an effort to be come leaner and meaner current reorganization is silo-ing jobs so that a given job title has narrower responsibilities, which makes it difficult to practice new skills so you can be promoted.

Don't plan to be a 'lifer.' Take advantage of everything BFDS has to offer in the way of benefits, training and advancement and be ready to leave, or be let go at a moment's notice.
Pros
1) Great entry level positions, 2) rapid advancement if you are competent, 3) robust internal training available, 4) BFDS offers a strong benefits package.
Cons
Mature industry so company is not growing, hard to gain a diverse skill set, hard to develop a technical skillset usable outstide BFDS, scary new wellness program reminiscent of Big Brother
productive and a very great place to work
Settlement Administrator (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAApril 23, 2015
A typical day at work consist of dealing with shareholders calling them about there class action lawsuit check. I've learned a lot about Ira accounts and our management was great hardest part was getting different project done all at the same time and the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing it was a seasonal job
Pros
nice lunch area
Cons
no cons
Great Work Environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAApril 14, 2015
This is a great place to work in the financial industry from account management to general management to phone calls. Good people, relaxed but busy atmosphere, overall great experience. If you work hard enough, you will be noticed and put in a position to be your best.
Pros
Relaxed, wear jeans to work, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Productive work environment with goal oriented culture
Client Services Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 16, 2015
I worked in a developing group for BFDS primarily in invoice validation. The work was open ended and challenging. The developing nature of the work allowed for creative problem solving and heavy involvement with the client. In a typical day, I would review invoices with the client and resolve discrepancies by creating systematic rules to better represent the calculation rules the client expected.

Management is flexible and expects accountability and production.

The hardest part of the job is managing expectations with the client regarding what services we have agreed to provide and what custom reporting they may request that has not been agreed upon.

An enjoyable aspect of the job is developing the team to be able to resolve complex reconciliations, identify sources of inefficiency and finding creative solutions to enhance efficiency.
I was the Unit Manager at the Separately Managed Account Department
Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Even though I had the most experience and knowledge of anyone there (including my Assistant Director), there was not nearly enough staff to support new Portfolio Accounts. I had a very rough time keeping up with training them while doing my own work, interviewing new staff, writing reviews, reviewing subordinates' work, and many other things. I spent 12 hour-days at my desk and was finally drained after six months so I asked to be relieved of my duties.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
little to no support, new hires did not meet minimum requirements for the job so on-the-job training was a must, long hours, no senior to support me in my position, .
Senior Mutual Funds Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 21, 2015
There seemed to be a lack of structure in management which greatly affected morale.