Boston Financial

Boston Financial Employer Reviews

Great Company To Work For
Senior Mutual Fund Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 5, 2014
Great company to work for. Paying to have to park downtown is really the only downside.
Very Professional
Proxy Representative (Former Employee), Canton, MAAugust 1, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: healthcare
Call center position, management team are very understanding and professional, typical day at work easy and fast.
Boston Financial was a good place to work
Service Specialist (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 5, 2014
Pros: benefit package
Cons: not enough training on computer programs
At Boston Financial I learned alot of programs on the computer. The managment team were knowledgable. Co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of my some of the computer programs. I liked the variety of work.
Most of all a friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rockland, MEJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: 12.50 an hour, i got saturday and sundays off.
Cons: people didn't take me serious enough because i'm young, they took me off the project without any warning, i didn't make any money for a week and a half.
I learned how to communicate well with others over the phone, how to work with many tabs up on the screen at once. I answered phones calls all day about peoples college funds. I worked 40 hours in 5 days, I did not work Saturday or Sunday. The hardest part of the job was answering some of the questions, I had to ask for a lot of help. I was the youngest – more... one at my job and they thought that maybe I was too young so they put me on an easier project that only lasted two weeks, and my first project was suppose to go until April. They told me they were going to call me back when another easy project came up. – less
great benefits
Retirement Plan Account Manager (Current Employee), Quincy, MADecember 17, 2013
Pros: benefits
great benefits, great people.
need better room for growth.
Keep looking
Employee (Former Employee), Quincy, MANovember 4, 2013
Pros: work /life balance
Cons: politics, favoritism, low pay, etc.
If you're on your last dime this place will do until you find a better job. They like to tell you how well they pay and how great they are. It's all smoke and mirrors. HR, like the CEO, are good at selling the dream but you'll soon learn that it is what it is -a blue collar, bottom of the industry company trying to be more.

The reality is, the pay – more... is low and if they find you can do something well you'll be loaded with more work than you can handle until you loose your mind. The good people leave after a while because they see what it is. In many years I have rarely seen a project go well. The day to day and projects are usually a train wreck so any job satisfaction is unlikely. But you can be sure there'll be another mess coming shortly.

There is very little confidence in the senior staff. People just go along with the show until better things come along.

The only good thing from my experience is the work/life balance. The low pay and BS is secondary if you get to be with the people you love. If that's important to you then this place may work. But if you want to learn, advance, or succeed based on your talents (not favoritism or politics) keep looking. And no, this is not sour grapes. I was one of the favorites but I saw it for what it was as my friends wilted over time. – less
Solid
Global Fund Liaison (Current Employee), Quincy, MAMarch 11, 2013
- Great experience in Global Operations
- Benefits are above average
- Below average advancement opportunities
very friendly environment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Quincy, MANovember 18, 2012
Pros: bonuses
Cons: benefits and healthcare
Busy working environment.Training and guiding my peers with any helpful information,Taking advantage of courses online within the company which will improve my work skills.
Fast Paced Environment
Data Entry/Project Management (Former Employee), North Quincy, MAAugust 9, 2012
Kelly Services
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Great place to work.
Account Specialist (Former Employee), Quincy, MaDecember 7, 2011
Pros: free college courses, awesome work environment
Cons: new location was to far from mbta
I loved this job. The benefits were great, they provided fully paid college courses to employees at the Massachusetts College of Finance, the management was very fair, the co-workers were awesome, and the work environment was fun.