Boston Financial Employee Reviews in United States

very comfotable work environment
Proxy Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMarch 23, 2016
typical work day would 6pm -11pm shift. calling shareholders on Avya systems. making inbound and outbound calls. shareholders would be informed of the changes in the stocks.I would then ask shareholders if there ok with the change and vote on their account. I have learned how to communicate with customers that may seem irritated. Management was very professional, we would have a team meeting everyday to keep employees updated on any changes on clients. I worked with the most amazing co-workers, everyone worked as a team and achieved the task at hand. The hardest part of my job was not being to hard on myself,wanted to do better then I did the previous day. The most Enjoyable part of BFDS was the learning experience, I can honestly say I learned something new everyday.
Pros
mbta transportation accessible
Cons
health care was not afforable or me at this job and also was a temp position
Worst Place I have worked
Virtualization Engineer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 23, 2016
What can I say. The management is so self centered. They do not try and do what is right for the company. It is all about which vendor brings them to the most games. The IT director spent $600k of unneeded money to EMC for a subpar solution to replace a perfectly working one. HR does not care about the people. They stopped doing exit interviews for this reason. Stay away
Pros
South Shore Location
Cons
inept managers, nepotism beyond belief
great place to work
Temp Part Time 6pm-10pm -Adecco (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 3, 2016
As a part time job, I love it, very flexible, and nice people.Management is outstanding, my co-workers are very friendly and nice. I come in at night, and we make a good night of it. The work is very easy.
Horrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 2, 2016
Worst place to worst especially if you have a family. HR is the worst they only look out for themselves . Investor services has the laziest managers. They treat there employees like nothing Low pay and you loads of work. The hours are not flexible and you have to bid for vacation time . Software is outdated and training is a waste. The only thing good about working there is the employees. You have to kissed everyone behind in order to get what you want and half the time that does not work. Don't work here..
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
excellent place to work
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 6, 2015
excellent place to work, lots of room for growth, great technical environment, great management team , great area to work in
Challenging work place
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 23, 2015
Fast pace, mentally challenging, clean environment, colorful decor and free coffee and tea. Working with a good group of people.
Benefits
Cons
Too confining
Keep looking
Employee (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 4, 2013
If you're on your last dime this place will do until you find a better job. They like to tell you how well they pay and how great they are. It's all smoke and mirrors. HR, like the CEO, are good at selling the dream but you'll soon learn that it is what it is -a blue collar, bottom of the industry company trying to be more.

The reality is, the pay is low and if they find you can do something well you'll be loaded with more work than you can handle until you loose your mind. The good people leave after a while because they see what it is. In many years I have rarely seen a project go well. The day to day and projects are usually a train wreck so any job satisfaction is unlikely. But you can be sure there'll be another mess coming shortly.

There is very little confidence in the senior staff. People just go along with the show until better things come along.

The only good thing from my experience is the work/life balance. The low pay and BS is secondary if you get to be with the people you love. If that's important to you then this place may work. But if you want to learn, advance, or succeed based on your talents (not favoritism or politics) keep looking. And no, this is not sour grapes. I was one of the favorites but I saw it for what it was as my friends wilted over time.
Pros
work /life balance
Cons
politics, favoritism, low pay, etc.
Great place to work.
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MaDecember 7, 2011
I loved this job. The benefits were great, they provided fully paid college courses to employees at the Massachusetts College of Finance, the management was very fair, the co-workers were awesome, and the work environment was fun.
Pros
free college courses, awesome work environment
Cons
new location was to far from mbta
The company was very professional.
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 18, 2014
It gave me the opportunity to expand my knowledge in management
Pros
travel
Cons
very long hours
Solid
Global Fund Liaison (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAMarch 11, 2013
- Great experience in Global Operations
- Benefits are above average
- Below average advancement opportunities
Most of all a friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockland, MEJanuary 12, 2014
I learned how to communicate well with others over the phone, how to work with many tabs up on the screen at once. I answered phones calls all day about peoples college funds. I worked 40 hours in 5 days, I did not work Saturday or Sunday. The hardest part of the job was answering some of the questions, I had to ask for a lot of help. I was the youngest one at my job and they thought that maybe I was too young so they put me on an easier project that only lasted two weeks, and my first project was suppose to go until April. They told me they were going to call me back when another easy project came up.
Pros
12.50 an hour, i got saturday and sundays off.
Cons
people didn't take me serious enough because i'm young, they took me off the project without any warning, i didn't make any money for a week and a half.
Fast Paced Environment
Data Entry/Project Management (Former Employee) –  North Quincy, MAAugust 9, 2012
Kelly Services
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
very friendly environment
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 18, 2012
Busy working environment.Training and guiding my peers with any helpful information,Taking advantage of courses online within the company which will improve my work skills.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
benefits and healthcare
Very Professional
Proxy Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAAugust 1, 2014
Call center position, management team are very understanding and professional, typical day at work easy and fast.
Pros
no pros
Cons
healthcare
great benefits
Retirement Plan Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 17, 2013
great benefits, great people.
need better room for growth.
benefits
Boston Financial was a good place to work
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2014
At Boston Financial I learned alot of programs on the computer. The managment team were knowledgable. Co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of my some of the computer programs. I liked the variety of work.
Pros
benefit package
Cons
not enough training on computer programs
Great Company To Work For
Senior Mutual Fund Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 5, 2014
Great company to work for. Paying to have to park downtown is really the only downside.