Boston Financial Employee Reviews

Productive and busy workplace
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEApril 20, 2017
A typical day would include answering phones, training new employees, answering questions regarding stocks, bonds, and customers specific account. creating training modules and so much more.
Pros
There was always more to learn!
Great atmosphere
Customer/Client Services Representative (Sr (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSApril 17, 2017
Great atmosphere and place to gain valuable experience in a professional setting. Great tuition reimbursement program for current and aspiring students. Friendly environment.
Pros
Friendly environment, tuition reimbursement program
Cons
low base pay
Conversion Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2017
Good benefits, good pay, good hours. Ability to work from home, when approved by management. Flexible with family issues. Travel to Quincy, MA office may happen.
Awesome experience in telecustomer service
Proxy Voting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEApril 11, 2017
A typical work day as a Proxy Voting Specialist would consist of the beginning of shift meeting where the floor manager would assign clients to each of us, give us a brief review of last shift's performance and give tips as to how to get the optimum number of votes.
At Boston Financial, I learned about effective customer service and professionalism. The management was pretty good. We had great coaching to help us succeed in our vote taking task from our managers and floor walkers. I think the hardest part of the job was gauging the potential to sway an already angry customer in a few seconds. The most enjoyable part of the job was always getting multiple votes from one residence.
Pros
Great customer service experience, supportive environment, great training and manager assistance
Cons
temp project, monotony of reading from a script
I will not
Customer Service Relations (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 4, 2017
I will not be writing a review about this company either as I dont want to. All information about this employer can also be found on Glassdoor.com I assume.
The people were nice
Mutual Fund Rep II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2017
I enjoyed learning the mutual fund industry.
I enjoyed my team at the beginning of my career.
Management was very corporate.
Wasn't a very relaxed environment.
Great job but not perfect
Senior Investment Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 21, 2017
This company did have good benefits and even helped me pay for some of my college expenses, and I was only a telephone rep when I started. The pay is good. I started out around 13.00 four years ago, and when I left, I was in a higher position and making around 16.00 an hour. The thing that I liked the least about this job was the people that I worked with. A lot of people wouldn't show up to work, and the company wouldn't fire them. We would be very short-handed a majority of the time which added a lot of stress to the job. The company does try to make it fun though by doing little group activities but the bad outweighed the good in my opinion. This job was a Monday to Friday schedule and a typical shift was 8 to 5. For an interview, I would recommend wearing dress clothes, but a suit would be over the top.
productive workplace
Special Counsel Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAJanuary 26, 2017
Team oriented. Room for growth. Extensive training and learning opportunities. fun environment while being very goal oriented. Management was very effective and informational.
Fast Pace
Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Very fun environment handle calls on a daily, help customers with there problems and found the best solution for the company as well as the customer to leave happy..
Great company with great benefits
Lead Mutual Fund Representative - Telephones (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2017
I have worked for the company for almost 15 years, I feel there is a great opportunity for advancement. The company provided great benefits, such as, 401K, Profit Sharing, and Health Insurance.
A very good place to work
Help Desk Specialists II (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 5, 2016
A typical day for me at work would start by going to our morning team meeting, to go over any global problems or issues that may be happening for the day. Then for the remainder of the day would be focused on monitoring and answering all the incoming service requests and incidents that come in via the phone, email or via instant messenger.

I have learned various amount of knowledge from being able to work with the server team, the application support team as well as our desktop support team.

Management here is fair and very easy to work with. They are kind and keep things fun with activities and they also keep us up to date and active in trying to help us progress professionally.

My Co-Workers are very great team to work with. They are very goal oriented and focused and very willing to help out when they are needed.

The hardest part of my Job is the scheduling when someone is out it can be challenging due to the call volume and daily tasks.

The most enjoyable part of my job in being able to help people. I enjoy learning myself and being able to pass on the knowledge learned.
Pros
Company Lunch Events, Outings, and the ability to work from home.
Cons
Pay
customer service
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 16, 2016
• Inquiries from mutual fund shareholders, brokers and dealers in an inbound call center
• Answering account owner and financial representative questions regarding balances, and legal requirements
• processing transactions and providing an exceptional customer service experience to your caller
fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEAugust 30, 2016
I love working with the computers and the phone. It gave me a new challenge every day when I went to work. They got rid of me after having surgery when I was told I would be safe and able to go back, once I had the surgery and I found out I had complications during the surgery and it would be longer before I could return to work, they told me that I would not be able to return I would have to go through the application process again and start from the bottom.
Pros
lots of over time offered.
Cons
quick to get rid of you after surgery.
Wonderful group of people to work with
DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAAugust 26, 2016
Boston Financial was a relaxed do it yourself space for me to provide in my own way. My bosses were funny and made the work entertaining. I was very please to be a part of this team.
Pros
Relaxed schedule and time line
Cons
Didn't get to work with I.T.
Nice company to grow a career in
Group Manager, Information Center (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 16, 2016
Boston Financial enabled many of us to start in entry level positions and continue to grow in the ranks in to senior level positions. It was a pleasure to be in the family for 20 years.
Standard office job
PC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 26, 2016
The companies stability depends on the NYSE. Busy seasons demands long hours, slow seasons can see lay offs.
Pros
health care, vacation time
Cons
work\life balence
Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Investor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work would involve researching and resolving customer or broker/dealer inquiries concerning pass or pending transactions, requests for product information, legal requirements for transfers to different account types, etc.
I also placed outbound calls to shareholders and broker/dealers in order to complete or clarify pending transactions or account maintenance requests.
During tax season, the office was fast paced, however we tried to make room for fun as well. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers and managers. We worked strong as a team and it lightened the atmosphere quite a bit.
Pros
monthly lunch and learns, to essentially keep us up to speed on tax forms, any press releases for mutual funds, etc.
Cons
During tax season, it was sometimes so busy we were forced to stay late and work through lunch as well.
Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 27, 2016
Work here as I go to college. They are very flexible with my schedule and respect my need for school/work balance. Management is very nice and give very constructive criticism. Everyone is polite and you can listen to music/podcasts while you work. Great employee benefits too!
Good Co-Workers
Financial Processor (Dedicated Services (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 26, 2016
I worked with processing financial transactions for high dollar amounts. Being in the operations field this came very natural to me, and was something that was interesting. I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
It was work that I enjoyed
Cons
No room for advancement
Awesome place to work! You will learn new worktypes everyday!
Corp/ Securities Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 12, 2016
Management wants everyone to succeed! It is also a great job for College Graduates! You will learn a lot! It will benefit you wherever you decide to work in the financial world. The most enjoyable part of my job are the special perks! Go for it!
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Financial. Our community is ready to answer.