Boston Financial Employee Reviews

customer service
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 16, 2016
• Inquiries from mutual fund shareholders, brokers and dealers in an inbound call center
• Answering account owner and financial representative questions regarding balances, and legal requirements
• processing transactions and providing an exceptional customer service experience to your caller
fun place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEAugust 30, 2016
I love working with the computers and the phone. It gave me a new challenge every day when I went to work. They got rid of me after having surgery when I was told I would be safe and able to go back, once I had the surgery and I found out I had complications during the surgery and it would be longer before I could return to work, they told me that I would not be able to return I would have to go through the application process again and start from the bottom.
Pros
lots of over time offered.
Cons
quick to get rid of you after surgery.
Wonderful group of people to work with
DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAAugust 26, 2016
Boston Financial was a relaxed do it yourself space for me to provide in my own way. My bosses were funny and made the work entertaining. I was very please to be a part of this team.
Pros
Relaxed schedule and time line
Cons
Didn't get to work with I.T.
Nice company to grow a career in
Group Manager, Information Center (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 16, 2016
Boston Financial enabled many of us to start in entry level positions and continue to grow in the ranks in to senior level positions. It was a pleasure to be in the family for 20 years.
Standard office job
PC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 26, 2016
The companies stability depends on the NYSE. Busy seasons demands long hours, slow seasons can see lay offs.
Pros
health care, vacation time
Cons
work\life balence
Productive and Fast Paced Environment
Investor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 21, 2016
A typical day at work would involve researching and resolving customer or broker/dealer inquiries concerning pass or pending transactions, requests for product information, legal requirements for transfers to different account types, etc.
I also placed outbound calls to shareholders and broker/dealers in order to complete or clarify pending transactions or account maintenance requests.
During tax season, the office was fast paced, however we tried to make room for fun as well. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers and managers. We worked strong as a team and it lightened the atmosphere quite a bit.
Pros
monthly lunch and learns, to essentially keep us up to speed on tax forms, any press releases for mutual funds, etc.
Cons
During tax season, it was sometimes so busy we were forced to stay late and work through lunch as well.
Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 27, 2016
Work here as I go to college. They are very flexible with my schedule and respect my need for school/work balance. Management is very nice and give very constructive criticism. Everyone is polite and you can listen to music/podcasts while you work. Great employee benefits too!
Good Co-Workers
Financial Processor (Dedicated Services (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 26, 2016
I worked with processing financial transactions for high dollar amounts. Being in the operations field this came very natural to me, and was something that was interesting. I enjoyed it very much.
Pros
It was work that I enjoyed
Cons
No room for advancement
Awesome place to work! You will learn new worktypes everyday!
Corp/ Securities Mutual Fund Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSMay 12, 2016
Management wants everyone to succeed! It is also a great job for College Graduates! You will learn a lot! It will benefit you wherever you decide to work in the financial world. The most enjoyable part of my job are the special perks! Go for it!
very comfotable work environment
Proxy Specialist/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMarch 23, 2016
typical work day would 6pm -11pm shift. calling shareholders on Avya systems. making inbound and outbound calls. shareholders would be informed of the changes in the stocks.I would then ask shareholders if there ok with the change and vote on their account. I have learned how to communicate with customers that may seem irritated. Management was very professional, we would have a team meeting everyday to keep employees updated on any changes on clients. I worked with the most amazing co-workers, everyone worked as a team and achieved the task at hand. The hardest part of my job was not being to hard on myself,wanted to do better then I did the previous day. The most Enjoyable part of BFDS was the learning experience, I can honestly say I learned something new everyday.
Pros
mbta transportation accessible
Cons
health care was not afforable or me at this job and also was a temp position

Want to know more about Boston Financial?

Ask a question
Good Place To Work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAFebruary 28, 2016
Call center environment and lots of good people. A lot of room for growth within the company. Also everyday you learn something new.
Worst Place I have worked
Virtualization Engineer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 23, 2016
What can I say. The management is so self centered. They do not try and do what is right for the company. It is all about which vendor brings them to the most games. The IT director spent $600k of unneeded money to EMC for a subpar solution to replace a perfectly working one. HR does not care about the people. They stopped doing exit interviews for this reason. Stay away
Pros
South Shore Location
Cons
inept managers, nepotism beyond belief
Great place to get a behind-the-scenes look at how various funds are managed
Financial Proxy Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 18, 2016
Since I began working here at Boston Financial Data Services, I have been reaching out to people invested in various companies. Some people are invested through an IRA (Roth, Traditional, Simple, and Rollover). Other people you may reach out are invested through the companies 401K plan and 403B.

This is a customer service position where you will spending your time on the phone, navigating through the databases they have set up.

Understanding and believing in what companies feel are in the best interest of shareholders is a key part of being successful. You learn while you're doing the job and the responsibilities become second nature with practice.
great place to work
Temp Part Time 6pm-10pm -Adecco (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 3, 2016
As a part time job, I love it, very flexible, and nice people.Management is outstanding, my co-workers are very friendly and nice. I come in at night, and we make a good night of it. The work is very easy.
great place with plenty of oppurtinitues
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Quincy maJanuary 30, 2016
In a typical day i would process financial transaction on mutual fund accounts.
During my time at Boston Financial i learned so much about the industry, and how a mutual fund works as well as retirement accounts.
Its a nice work enviroment, lots of teamwork. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the different mutual fund rules, which is all provided in the prospectus. With that being said its also a great part of the job because you arent constantly learning.
benefits
warm in the winter
operations manager (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEJanuary 5, 2016
You can stay inside and work out of the cold. That is really the best thing about working at this company. They also offer paid vacation time.
Horrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 2, 2016
Worst place to worst especially if you have a family. HR is the worst they only look out for themselves . Investor services has the laziest managers. They treat there employees like nothing Low pay and you loads of work. The hours are not flexible and you have to bid for vacation time . Software is outdated and training is a waste. The only thing good about working there is the employees. You have to kissed everyone behind in order to get what you want and half the time that does not work. Don't work here..
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
excellent place to work
Network Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 6, 2015
excellent place to work, lots of room for growth, great technical environment, great management team , great area to work in
It was a good place to work
Operations Group Manager/Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company and I thought the people were great, I was given the opportunity to move up in the company quickly and my input was always valued
Good Training and Benefits
Service Specialist in the Operations Department (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 21, 2015
Overall my experience with this company was good. Their training program for new associates is excellent. Middle management did need more training, as they were usually so over worked that management classes weren't available to them and their associates suffered for it. Usually when layoffs took place middle management would take the hit. The company's higher-ups talk about providing their employees with a good work-family life balance but usually due to "business needs" this is just talk.