Boston Housing Authority Employee Reviews

Productive and Family Orientated
Grievance Panel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2017
Boston Housing Authority is a very respectable well organized Company to work for, they provide excellent information for residents who are interested in their services as well as receiving the proper information to help get started in any services that Boston Housing Authority provides.
a little bit chaotic due to the fsct it was a community center
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, MAJune 5, 2017
cleaned up the environment also worked as an office assistant at the main office also located in Charlestown, helped grade GED exams, and answered phone calls
Intern
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 24, 2017
Have been an intern for over a year. Fun place to work in. The people there are very friendly and eager to help you learn how the system works. Given that it is a government agency, it is can get a little dull. However, you get to meet great people there.
Aging Workforce
Senior Management Aide (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJanuary 31, 2017
BHA is a great place to work. The pay and benefits are decent. The culture is that of a non-profit. It's not overly stressful. Most positions are administrative in-nature. It's a good place to learn more about Housing and Government. Some of the systems are dated. The staff are aging and it's apparent in all aspects or the organization.
Pros
Union
Cons
Aging Staff
productive day and good enviroment
Tenant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 15, 2017
My typical day at work is happy and joyful
I learned differnent stuff each day with construstion crew
The management love me at eversite i work at
My coworker are lovely peoples
The hardest party is reclocation a family that doesnt follow the rules.
the most enjoyable part of my job is my coworker love me and i have good review with my job atg ever site.
Small work units with opportunistic management team
Emergency Response Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 4, 2016
Daily tasks are consistent but if you know how to take initiative you are more than capable of learning many things in all aspects of this field. Working with skilled tradesman allows you to gather knowledge of hardworking personnel.
Great team of leaders
Housing Property Manager II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 28, 2016
I truly enjoyed my 6 years of working for BHA, I had an awesome regional manager: Zanaida, and great Director Sandra. It was not easy but I developed me and prepared me for the rest of my future. I have nothing but great things to say, I loved working there, staff coworkers, and the residents.
Secretary office work
Intern/Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2016
A typical day prepare come in look over the schedule of what needs to be done. Prioritize what needs to be done first. Answer phone calls from clients. set up meetings, interviews, fax, translate documents. Help staff with recruiting volunteers.
Pros
free lunches
Fast Paced
Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAMarch 1, 2016
typical day of work was we start cleaning the teen center,then started cleaning the development.I learned how to water plants,etc ,my co workers was good people.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
Some days was slow paced
SENIOR OFFICE MANAGEMENT AIDE (Current Employee) –  BostonAugust 14, 2015
Over all great place to work. A typical day consist of email follow up and resident follow up. My job is to make sure all paper work for a resident is in order and filed correctly. We also make sure all payments are due at a proper time if not send notices accordingly to the resident.
Pros
1 hr lunches
Cons
pay could be better at times.
Business structure is exceptional
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2015
Very slow paced work enviroment, as co-workers maintained a pleasnt work atmospere. My was to log on to Co. Computer and phone system. Answer calls and connect to the proper department.
Best place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2015
NTI is by far the most amazing place to work, the entire staff make an amazing team. The work environment is relax yet very demanding so the work days goes by very fast!
Great learning experience.
Volunteer Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Boston, Mass.January 10, 2015
Working at Boston Housing gave me the experience to better help the international community. It was a joyful experience it gave me the satisfaction to have insight to understand other cultures.
still feeling it out
Senior Office Management Aide (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2014
Still very new to the job and still feeling it out. I definitely like that I get along very well with my manager and that she is very flexible and approachable.
Great place to acquire skills
Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2013
Everyday new challenges may come up, there is always someone who is happy to help with answers you may not know. Educating employees on updates to company policy and State regulations are the most important details when it comes to tenant needs.
Satisfied
Leasing Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2013
Great Company with limited advancement potential. I would like the opportunity to stay with this organization but I also want to put my property management skills to use as that is where my passion lies.
Community Health Worker
Community Health Advocate (Current Employee) –  Boston MassApril 8, 2013
Community Health Workers (CHW), sometimes called "village health workers" are members of a community who are chosen by community members to provide basic health and medical care to their community....A person who works to improve the health of a group of people through actions such as outreach education, including the distribution of literature or public health materials.
Fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 8, 2013
Gained a lot of experience. Helped people who need translation needs.
it was a culture shock, on occassions
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2012
I learn a lot coming from white collar to blue collar. But this is what made the job exciting. You did not know what the day may bring.
Pros
working with the trademens and tenants on a daily basis
Cons
unprofessionalism of some of upper management
A regular day at boston housing
Mechanical 1/Plumber (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 12, 2012
I always got to work early I would receive my work orders and go through each job working to complete by the end of the day. I learned how to get along with all types of people with backgrounds different than mine. I managed my plumbing skills by working diligently through the day getting along and working with the other trades. When the carpenter needed me to disconnect a sink or a stove I would always coordinate the time to meet with him to get the apartment ready for the new tenant to move in, I would do the same for the painter and/ or electrcian. The hardest part of the job was sometimes the constant physical labor but I was always able to do the job by giving my best each and every day. The enjoyable parts of the job were seeing the look on the tenants face when I could unclog their toilet from their son putting a toy in the bowl causing a flood in the apartment or clearing the elderly mans kitchen drain so he could get dinner ready for he and his bed riden wife. This would be a typical day for me at the boston housing authority..
Pros
honest and hard work
Cons
working late at night into the next morning