Boston IVF Employee Reviews

manager favors employees
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 6, 2017
Most of the people in Boston IVF are nice. You do get an occassional manager that favors employees and you can see how that goes- I was a temp. moved on due to the favoring

Comment – April 4, 2017

good luck in this place. I see what this post means now, wish I had seen it sooner

Poor management with little growth potential
Financial services (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 19, 2016
I hope you enjoy the job you got hired for, because there is no chance for advancement. However, they are more than happy to shuffle upper management around to make sure they have a job still (for example, the former HR person has been at various times the nursing manager and embryology department manager). Most of the lower level employees are nice enough, but there is next to no accountability amongst them, as they are all too willing to pass off work. But, at least as one other commenter posted, you get either bagels or donuts every Friday. Unless you plan on using them as a stepping stone for 6-12 months, I don't recommend them.
Pros
Free bagels/donuts every Friday
Cons
Expensive benefits with little to no options, accrued PTO, little to no advancement opportunities
Productive and fun place to work.
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 25, 2016
Great company. Great people to work with. My job represented the next logical step in my currier. I always enjoyed taking on next challenges,taking my skills learned in small company and applied them to specific functions in larger firms. Identifying inter-company's transactions, creating and booking journal entries for it, was another challenge.
Awesome Place to Work for
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 25, 2016
I learned a lot working at Boston IVF. The people are always helpful and great to work with. Not only are they understanding, but they go the extra mile for each other. Working in A/P I would process high-volume invoices and prepare them for payment. The daily lockboxes and missing money were part of the job too. The most enjoyable part of the job is that fact I was always happy to be there. The hardest part of the job is when something does not match up, but in this company everyone is always happy to help.
Pros
great people, very nice to employees
busy fertility clinic
Charge Entry/Payment poster/customer service (Former Employee) –  Waltham MAJuly 6, 2015
The software was very user friendly and easy to learn.
Free coffee and breakfast every Friday. Colleagues in my department which consisted of 2 were not friendly which made the job hard. At times I felt I was bullied. The work itself was simple and non challenging. I enjoyed taking calls from patient's.
Pros
free breakfast every Friday
Cons
the commute entailed a lot of traffic, No flexibility in schedule, Had to work the hours they told you to
Contract
DATA ENTRY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2015
I was a contract worker that was hired than laid off within two weeks. Lacking job security, but a nice place to work. Pay was ok, but it took awhile to receive my pay.
Pros
Good location, nice people
Cons
Job security
per diem
Fertility Nurse (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 16, 2015
I work per diem at Boston IVF. I love working here! My manager is great. I work one weekend a month and every Monday. I am learning so much about OR nursing, something I have not done before.
Great Center where they help people to conceive
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 19, 2014
A typical day at work can be extremely busy. Anxious patients understandably so.

I've learned a lot about the female anatomy and how difficult it can be to conceive and/or carry a baby.

Communication between management could be better.

I have a great relationship with my co-workers their awesome.

The hardest part of the job is seeing good people trying to conceive and not having any success.

The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing all the success stories and having patients share pictures their miracles with us or returning back to try again.
Internship/Student (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 7, 2013
Learned how to do scheduling, post payments, work with health insurance companies
Pros
Productive and professional medical environment
Surigical and Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  WalthamMay 5, 2013
Boston IVF is the leading In Vitro fertilization medical facilities. It is a productive and professional medical environment with abilities to succeed in any position given.
Exciting place to work
IVF Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 15, 2012
Exciting field to work, but stressful. Cutting edge in this field.
Job is stressful due to turn around time in dealing with insurance and patients demands. The best time is when that pregnancy test is positive after all the hard work.