Boston Market

Boston Market United States Employee Reviews

Good job for first employment
Cashier/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Bloomfield, MIMay 2, 2015
Pros: Meet a lot a good people
Cons: It worked for me at the time
I enjoyed working at Boston Market, I was just getting out of high school and I didn't have a lot of job experience. I learned a lot working there. I became a certified trainer while working there for 3 years.
Productive and a very good learning environment
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLApril 30, 2015
In a day of being at Boston market i would have 6 or 7 employees while i am running shift . The first thing i would do is check my loads to make sure we will not run out of poultry product and then proceed to make sure we have everything we need for the night time shift. The day would go by smooth and then at the end of my shift i would close down the draws and count the money as well as in the safe before i leave for the night to make sure everything is the same. The hardest thing about being a manager is that i can't have my eyes everywhere in the store so its sometimes difficult to keep an eye on everything but i make sure I'm never in the office and always helping my crew . The most enjoyable part of this job is the fact that i have the responsibility and i learn a lot everyday , i am eager to learn new things and perfect it to my best ability.
very diverse customer base
Carver (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2015
Set up store for opening,which included setting up dining area and carving station,start chicken in cooker, and putting out sanitizing buckets. i learned to deal with many types of people which was the best part of the day.
OUTGOING OPENMINDED PEOPLE TO BE AROUND
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2015
Pros: HALF PRICE LUNCH
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
ASSISTED CUSTOMERS BY PROVIDING INFORMATION AND RESOLVING THEIR COMPLAINTS.BOSTON MARKET WAS A FAMILY /COUPLES RESTAURANT THAT WE ALL LOVE EATING FROM.
Fast paced with good staff
preparation cook (Former Employee), clearwater, flApril 28, 2015
Pros: discount on days you work
Cons: hours
it was great working here besides the hours i got, pay was good cant really complain but i wish i had gotten to work there longer than 9 days
Get along well with co workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Half off on meals
Cons: No breaks
Its not a day that goes by that boston market is very productive, every work place does not have to be bland and boring and boston market is not one of those places.
very protective and fun
Server and Cashier (Current Employee), Shaker Heights, OHApril 24, 2015
everyone is friendly and easy to get along with
setting the sales floor is very fun and entertaining .......
managers is really lenient towards school and other work schedules
A fun, fast paced work environment with plenty of learning opportunities
Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for a break and 50% off on a meal
There is plenty of work to do on a typical day. I've done anything from working on the register and customer service to food prep. I learned quite a bit, honed my customer service skills and time management skills even more. Everyone there was super friendly, co-workers, managers, and customers alike and communication came very easily with all of them. The hardest part of the job was mostly getting a hang of the smaller details, figuring out where everything went, learning food that was served and the prices of each dish. The most enjoyable parts was interacting with customers and co-workers, food prep, and serving/bussing the tables.
A good work place for a first time job
Carver, Cashier, Cook (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Nice people and reasonable hours
Cons: No free food, No short breaks ex.............
The work experience is normal and the management is OK. Great coworkers, Overall not a bad place to have a steady job.Your opinions and experience will always be respected
it was a horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Fresh Meadows, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: i had to pay for food
Cons: breaks were okay
the managers were so rude and self centered. at first i liked it there because the customers were not so bad, it was the managers who were very rude.
Friendly workplace very laid back and just a great fun place to work and learn
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Short breaks
During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my staff and assessing their progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Monday to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress, and meet once at the end of the week to discuss goal setting for the next week. I meet with smaller groups of my staff during the middle of the week to troubleshoot any issues. For example, during a recent mid-week meeting, I noticed one team was a few days behind on a long-term project. I met with the team and, together, we came up with a strategy for increasing efficiency among the team. Along with constant interaction with my team, I also attend a weekly board meeting where I present my department’s progress to the executive board. On Fridays, once all these tasks are completed, I make sure I have completed all necessary communication for the week via email and in person, and create a list of priorities for next week.
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Prep ingredients for meals, prep meals and drinks. Take cash and give change. My co-workers were fun, I enjoyed working here becasue it was very fast paced.
I Would not work there again
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Hackensack, NJApril 17, 2015
The management was poorly organized.They were rude did not care about anybody's feelings. The schedule always changed. Ignored your personal life
fun place
Dish washer, back up, cashier, customer service (Current Employee), Wheat Ridge, COApril 16, 2015
Pros: close friends
Cons: no benifits
I just need to make more money, I have skills that are far advance then Boston market. I would like a steady 40 hours a week.
My workplace was fun, ping pong ball like table..
Customer Service (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 14, 2015
Pros: free meal and drinks
My first workplace was cleaned and sterilize dishes, kitchen utensils, equipment, and facilities.Also took orders and relay orders to kitchen or serving counters so they can be filled. Also monitored food preparation and serving techniques to ensure that proper procedures are followed.
great
Food service Coordinator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 13, 2015
I loved working there. the people where great. we got to keep are tips. they work with u with urll work hours. the company had great working area. i loved to food that we prep there. it makes the people very happy to enjoy there meal.
Loving place
Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, COApril 12, 2015
It is a place that stays busy however it always a fun environment. At times it can be very busy however if you know what you're doing the time will pass smoothly
Flexi hours
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Clifton, NJApril 11, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: benefits
this job allowed me to take days off when i needed them, no benefits. you have to pay for food -_-. there was a lot of drama sometimes. the manager was bipolar but i guess thats every supervisor
Very hands on place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay
Must be able to take all positions as manager and be able to conduct procedures accordingly. Not much of a pay seperation from team and management for all the extra duties.
Welcoming work environment with flexible hours
Cater Driver/Team Member (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 3, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, great team members
Cons: Distance traveled
While I didn't work at Boston Market for long while I was there I was made to feel very much at home with whatever team I was working with whether that be a cater team or restaurant team. This made working there very comfortable and I adapted very quickly. The way my schedule was set up is I would only come in when my boss would call me the day of a delivery or when I needed to come into the store. Normally this would sound like a bad thing but this gave me the power to say no when I really wasn't available and my boss was never upset if I had a previous engagement that day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Market

Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has been giving time back to busy people since 1985. We offer – Read more

Boston Market Salaries