Boston Market

Boston Market Employer Reviews

Productive and Worth Investing In.
Catering Driver (Former Employee), Westbury, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
A typical day at work was always fast paced and all about time management. I learned how to use an order sheet and better organizational skills. Management was great! They were always on top of their game and willing to help in areas you lack by teaching other methods. Co workers were very social which made it a friendly environment. A diverse company. The hardest part of the job was making enough time to make sure you'd get to the destination on time whether there was traffic or not. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customer satisfied with the service and the food.
fun work place
Food Prep, Cooking, Restock of food Service Line (Current Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 22, 2015
Pros: it is a job
Cons: i think it is imore for students and stay at home moms
I enjoy working with my co-workers and the fast pace of the day help to make the time go by quick my day is done before I have time to think about it
Friendly, productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Clifton Heights, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: friendly, flexable
Cons: not enough hours
When I first started working at Boston Market I could honestly say I loved my job. I loved my managers and how much they cared about their employees and I loved the family feel you got when working with everyone. Everyone in Boston Market cared about each other and did there best to help out when they knew they needed help. They where very flexiable with my hours. And I loved all the customers that came in and how easy it was to remember them and make sure they had the best dinning experience. The knew managers I didn't get to know much before I left but they did work hard at their jobs.
A typical work day when I worked night shift was, I would clock on and go right to my regester and count it to make sure it was the right amount of money before I got on. Depending on if it was slow I would help out with serving and Drive Thru. I would ring the customers up and make sure before they left they had the best experience and everything was ordered right. If they ate in I would carry there food to their tables. If there was a problem I would try my best to handle it and make sure they were happy, if it was a problem I could not fix I would call in the Manager. At the end of the day I would clean the hotcase and put the food away, or swep/mop and scrub the dinning area and/ or clean the bathrooms. Then before I left I would make a drop of the stores earnings in the safe.
A typical Work Day when I worked Day shift was I would clock on prepair the desserts. Then I would stack all the plates and wrap any unwrapped sliverware. I would count my drawer. I would run drive thru, at the same time as serving and working as a cashier. I would make sure they were happy like night shift and would carry their food to their table if they ate inside. I would then before I left clean my area and wrapp sliver ware. Then make a drop of the stores earnings in the safe.
Productive and fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: no cons
everything here was good I like it, i'm a people person
the people there treated me great everybody there was very respectful.
Long Hours and a very heavy workload
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 5, 2015
Open the store and work 12 hours to close without a break and constant work. I learned how to be a manager and a lot about food saftey, management was good in store but corporate was terrible. Co-workers were nice and efficient. Hardest part was working 12 hours. and the most enjoyable part was going home.
my day of work
assistant general manager (Former Employee), ILMarch 5, 2015
Pros: seeing the returning customers
Cons: working 10-11 hours a day without a break.
my typical day was always busy. we were a steady store business wise. I learned it takes many components to operate daily. our general manager was ok. sometimes micro managed to much.
our staff was a good crew. always learning .hardest part of the job was getting on an even flow with general manager. I enjoyed the work I did. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
Rather Easy Compared to Others
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Fort George G Meade, MDFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: 50% employee meal discount, employee free drinks, great morning crew
Cons: night crew, general manager is rather harsh, shared sink, have to hand wash dishes
Since our Boston Market location was within a food court instead of our own building, our menu was limited, or cut. We didn't have all of the items on the Boston Market menu, so we didn't really have to prep as much as you would at one not in a Food court. Though our manager would make us use expired food on some occasions(only a day expired, nothing too extreme), and we don't cook our apple pies or brownies(which weirds me out), it was still an okay place to work for.
Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
An employer who is willing to delegate and teach subordinates to accomplish with job achievement and growth in the professional field
Seasonal Position
Banquet Specialist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 12, 2015
I liked learning how to be confident talking over the phone and learning how to sell food to potential customers over the phone
Good first job
Server, Cashier (Former Employee), Pueblo, COFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good work experience
Cons: not a life time job
I think this is a good first job for anyone. It is very simple and a good way to get work experience. My co workers and managers were really great to work with. They knew how to have fun but also complete their jobs at the same time.
Fun work environment with excellent staff.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Rancho cucamongaFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: nice staff.
Everything was done in a very consistant and professional manner, Staff is kind and hard working. Management staff is great to work with and under.
Too long to remember
Cook/ Server (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: never hungry
I worked here years ago, So i dont think I can give an accurate review seeing as though things might have changed since i was employed here.
Very nice place to work
Customer service (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2015
Very nice place to work. Very busy but a lot of down time as well. Co workers and managers are great to work with. Learned a lot from this company.
Productive environment and lots of fun.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Bronx, NYFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: the environment
Cons: short breaks.
I enjoyed the smile happy environment along with reaching daily goals and the food their taste great. Management seemed overwhelmed sometimes and closing can be fustrating at times. Overall a great representation of how a Dine inn/fast food restaurant.
Fun place to work
Crew (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: few hours to work with
I had some of the best managers to work with. My coworkers were all friendly and nice to work with. The food was awesome, and we were able to get a discount on it.
efficient environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: meeting different types of people
Cons: not all co workers get along
I would serve customers food and cash them out. I would check on customers in lobby, clear and clean tables as well. If silverware is washed for me, I would roll silverware in napkins. that's just for cashier. management is strict. hardest part is pre-closing. enjoyable part is dinner rush. stay busy and enjoy the customers that stay as guests.
Very Busy place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks
Very Busy place to work, Thanksgiving and Christmas are extremely
busy times as you work very hard getting online as well as pick up orders ready for customers.
Reataurant atmosphere
General Manager (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLFebruary 4, 2015
This location exceeded company projections for the first year open. Did not receive a negative caller note for 5 years.The most enjoyable part of the job would be watching my employees succeed after training. Because when your employees are happy so are customers. Which make the share holders happy.
Terrible Management
Server/ Cashier (Former Employee), Abington, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: if you got a break
Cons: lazy co-workers
A typical day working at Boston Market was picking up every ones slack. I learned that even when you show that you work the hardest and do all the work, nothing shows for it. My co-workers (except the cutter) were all lazy, the servers always took food and were on their phones, the managers were always on the phone. When it got busy, no one came to help until the line got to the door. The only enjoyable part of my job was when I finally up and quit.
great place to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Canton, MIJanuary 29, 2015
very flexible shifts. Management was very active with the business and very understand to the workers and their life outside of work and families that they may have. Everything was super easy to do there, and the co workers were great. Very friendly place to be.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Market

Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has been giving time back to busy people since 1985. We offer – Read more

Boston Market Salaries