Boston Market Employee Reviews in United States

No acknowledgement for employees.
Cook/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 12, 2016
No raises, no breaks, barely any opportunities for advancement, no life outside of work, terrible schedules. Great employees though. Very friendly employees and management. Company overall, not so great.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Terrible company to work for
the job in general
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 24, 2015
I had good co-workers at my job, the management was ok, the hardest part of the job is falling behind on somebody else's shift because there're to lazy to do it, most enjoyable part of the job is a half discount meals and what I've learned about the job is never try to work for a job that doesn't give you any raises in a corrupted cooperation.
Pros
Talk to people and food half off
Cons
doen't provide any raises.
Fun workplace with misguided management
Backup & Prep Cook/Catering (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAMarch 5, 2016
Prep and backup cooking was easy, handling the front-end wasn't bad and our customers loved the food, but when it came to the management handling money and handling information, there was some work that needed to be done.
Pros
Good discounts for employee meals, fun environment, catering was satisfying
Cons
Poor handling of money and information by management
A Highschool
Crew Member/Time-Shift Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Emerson, NJJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work was walking into the store and greeting everyone, but because everyone was so close with each other before in this specific locations new people are almost never feel welcomed. I learned hard labor here, more about transactions, and worked with inventory. Management was awful and could barely get a day off without it being a hassle, my co-workers were almost like zombies and were very tough to talk to on breaks and free moments in which we could. The hardest part was cleaning and having a time period in the cleaning process which was very tiresome and time-consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers and having great conversations with people.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short Breaks, Part-time treated as full-time
We had a lot of fun
COOK/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  SOMERS POINTMarch 7, 2016
Great fun management team.Fun dealing with the customers , co workers were great. Nothing what so ever hard about the job fun place to work always busy never a dull moment.
Pros
GREAT ATMOSPHERE
Cons
NONE
Productive, fun, and educational.
Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PANovember 22, 2015
My typical day at work is busy and frustrating but also fun. I learned how to deal with customers that may not always be in the best mood like I am. The management is easy to work with and understanding. my co-workers are productive and fun. The hardest part of the job is balancing school and work while working till 10pm on a school night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. Everyone is so happy, funny, and willing to help.
Pros
Pay more then minimum wage
Cons
Don't work with me when it comes to the holidays
Okay for a first job;Bad management.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 20, 2015
Boston Market is about good for a first job. I don't recommend this for a career path by any means. I got hired there and got promised advancement opportunities that were never presented. The manager previously knew one of the new hires and instantly gave her an HSM(hourly shift supervisor) position,which is the exact job I was promised to be promoted to and trained with on. Boston Market has one of the worst customer bases in Aurora, Colorado. Everybody that came in seemed to be in a bad mood,and only once in a blue moon would a positive minded person come in and brighten everyone's days. My coworkers were decent,but not the best. The management(I can NOT stress this ENOUGH) was awful,and the reason I was driven away. The store would change managers every other week it seemed.
Pros
Employee discount was half off, some coworkers were nice
Cons
Bad management, awful customer base(Rude)
Spoken to like I didnt matter pushed around and forced to do other people job...
Prep/Cook (Former Employee) –  Plantation,FLOctober 12, 2015
I was fired twice for something I didn't do . Then I was apologized to then called back to return to work both times. I also had a co-worker went through the same thing...My Store manager was always late, there were time she didn't show up....terriblle
Pros
talking to customers i loved it..
Cons
management6....Trisha Watson
Hate this place
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 29, 2016
The company dose not think of their employees. The benefits are bad that pay is bad and they work you like a dog. Did a 72 hour shift every Thanksgiving and was not paid for all the over time because I had to clock out and then clock back in every day.
Great job for someone younger, valuable in learning customer service.
Cashier, Protein Handler, Cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 2, 2016
Learned every position throughout the years, ultimately being asked to move on to management. Overworked and under payed for the amount of tasks and service I provided. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the people but not the way management handled situations.
Pros
50% food
A very nice place, wiling to let you work your way up, very diverse.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 13, 2016
Worked here for 4 years and liked the majority of them. Always had new people going in or out, but there were always people who would stay. The people who did stay usually ended up in manager or assistant manager positions if they applied for them and were qualified. Many different kinds of people worked there and most of them were very friendly, but some places are much more strict than others. Would definitely recommend as a first job if you're willing to learn and work hard.
Pros
Fair pay, flexible hours, nice people
Cons
working certain holidays is mandatory
Good environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2015
Good staff, worked on register and assisted customers with food orders. Transitioned to drive thru cashier and was able to serve clients, quick and efficiently while providing excellent customer service. I was offered a management position prior to UWM job offer but compensation was more at UWM.
Great team members
Carver (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 15, 2015
I loved my co-workers and management was competent. Hours were not sufficient or consistent. Too many part time high school workers when family oriented hard working people constantly had hours cut.
Pros
Free food at end of shift
Cons
Too many Part Time workers, no chance for advancement
My job review
manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDDecember 9, 2015
a typical day at Boston market is busy an stressful.
what you learn working at food is how to work as a team.
management is alright in food their job is tough,.
co-workers stressful most people that work in food are young kids that want money but don't what to work but the ones that work are great at what they do.
the toughest part of the job is getting everyone to work as a team
enjoyable part is meeting new people
Unfriendly co-workers and managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 23, 2015
Assemble plates of food, work register, sweep lobby. I learned to be nice to everyone you meet. My managers and co-workers were slightly rude and negative. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with my managers negative attitudes. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet nice friendly people.
Pros
Cornbread
Great working for them
Catering Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 10, 2016
Work wasnt too difficult, pay was good, and management was very nice. I was surprised how much I liked working here for a fast food restaraunt
simple job with easygoing co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Depending on the time of day, it will either be busy or very slow. Usually when its slow I try to find something to occupy my time and I usually settle with either cleaning up the main dining area, or focusing on stocking up the display or mini cooler. My co-workers always made my job a lot easier, whether it was passing time with small chit-chat or working together to finish up small tasks. Normally the hardest part of the job is just dealing with the type of customers who are completely obnoxious and offer you no respect no matter how hard you try to serve them in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is normally going to be who you work with, if you get along with your co-workers like I did then you have nothing to worry about during the day. Oh and the recognition you get for a job well done from customers is pretty nice too.
Pros
discounts on food
Good place
HSM (Former Employee) –  NevadaFebruary 20, 2016
It's a good company with some flaws. Some of the management needs some work. Most of the crew are friendly and listen. Hardest part of the job is not knowing what is perfect or not.
strong team to work with
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2016
Start off preparing food for the day. Analyze prep charts, and go over with cooks amount of food to get started. Scheduled daily employee positions to best serve for each day. Co-workers were the most fun here, great group of people. Hardest part of job was anytime crew did not show up to work, made everything a little harder to manage. Best part was preparing great food, for a great price.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
restaraunt hours are long...
Corporate problems
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  East Longmeadow, MAMay 30, 2015
The work environment was pretty typical. The staff got along pretty well all around. The only difficulty was the constant hoop jumping required by corporate offices. Mainly in poorly thought out promotions that affected sales. A smaller store was expected to have similar numbers to a larger store on a busier location and that's just not always feasible. While working there, I never felt like corporate gave one thought or care to it's employees. They had constant raise freezes. While getting reviewed positively every year, I saw an increase in pay in my first year when I was promoted to a manager. The subsequent 5 years saw no increase even with positive reviews.