Boston Market

Boston Market Employer Reviews

fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch if i do good
Cons: short breaks sometimes long break
my typical day at work was good and sometimes I have fun. I learn how to talk to people and get along and open up. I clean if I have to stay till the store is close. The hardest part of my job is when the costumer don't get what they want and I do whatever to keep them happy. whet the costumer tells me thank you for taking care of me.
very fast paced, communications, standing for long periods of time
Drive through operator (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day of work includes standing for very long shifts while managing multiple situations such as a car in the drive through and a person ordering inside at the same time. I learned how to communicate to efficiently in a very stressful and fast paced environment as well as how to manage your situations efficiently. Co-workers tend to be there just to do the job and aren't very friendly while others may be super friendly. The hardest part of my job was probably operating the drive through window with a busy crowd ordering both inside and in the drive through. The most enjoyable part of the job was the breaks because they were very much needed.
Chain Restaurants Need to Learn When to Call It Quits
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee), Burke, VAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: leadership responsibilities, one free meal per shift
Cons: management issues, no benefits, bad pay
I devoted my life to Boston Market. But they don't just want that... They want your soul. I don't mind busting my butt for my job... In fact, I rather enjoy working hard for something I'm proud of. However, I am only human. I enjoy (and deserve) some time off, some benefits, SOME appreciation, etc. Even as a crew member, Boston Market will make their management problems YOUR responsibility. Imagine that... Being forced to work as a manager and getting paid minimum wage.

Despite the managerial problems etc., etc., etc... I learned a great deal about customer service and management during my employment at Boston Market. I actually became a shift manger at a young age, the youngest one ever, due to my over-achiever and go-getter attitude. What I loved most about my job at Boston Market was that I was in charge. I called the shots, and when I was on location, I was the boss. I was a teacher, a mentor, a supervisor, the boss. I learned how to lead my coworkers responsibly and respectably, I learned to conduct a safe and clean working environment. I kept people there because I was there and when I was there, the restaurant was a better place.
fun and well work place with alot of peolpe who like to be happy
back up prep cook (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 50% of meal foods
Cons: short breaks
so a typical day at my job would be going in an getting my food line ready for the evening shift that i do work every week end. I've learned that being with Boston Market is a team player job and that we all must work together in order for the store to run great. Our management is well and we have a shift manager on at all times they are well kept up with what they and myself needs to be doing at all times. My co workers are fun and out going they make my job worth going to each day that i do go in. The hardest part of my job is that when i first started it was hard to get down everything at once. but i did in one week.
boston mark is a great restaurant
Dishwasher/Server (Former Employee), New City, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great member experience
Cons: no cons
boston market was great experience it taught me alot in the restaurant business
poor management
Crew member (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at boston market was busy and easy. I used my preordained knowledge I gained from previous jobs here. I did learn a little about the management software. Management has has big turn overs since i've been there. its not very sturdy. I've also had issues with my pay check being recieved on time along with a few other employees. I love mor eco-workers. hardest part of the job is, nothing. Its a really easy job. most enjoyable part would be interacting with the customers.
Great workplace, small, clean, nice tables, you will be seated
Server (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: saturday: buy one get one free. 50% discount
It is a great place to eat. We have the best chicken in town. I will seat you as well as check up on you to see if you need anything else. we are located near the colllege so we have great service.
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 14, 2015
it was a great experience prepareing the food keeping the eating area clean worked well with others the hardest part was cleaning the cooking area
Not Ideal
Cashier (Seasonal) (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: no breaks, no training
I did not enjoy my time at this establishment. I did not receive proper training protocol by the manager and did not receive scheduled breaks. My co-workers were not very kind or helpful.
Service Culture
Cashier, Server, Drive-Thru (Former Employee), Springfield,MassJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: no breaks, fast paced
All that matters is hitting your targets in every criteria. There was extreme favoritism among managers which led to unattainable standards to uphold. Customers were insanely picky and hard to please. I did love the majority of my coworkers which made it an easier work environment.
its alright
Cashier, Drive Through, Host and Server (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 8, 2015
typical day i would serve food and cash people out. i learned a lot about the company. management was not the best. co-workers are rude. hardest part of work was closing time. enjoyable part of work was the food. they dont give enough hours equally to everyone. they always have crude comments and dont have patients for new starters
trainer
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee), West Chester, PAJanuary 6, 2015
clock in open bakery like setting up the case with delicious goodies
Productive And Fun Workplace Environment
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee), Shawnee Mission, KSJanuary 1, 2015
Fun. FUN. FUN!!!! That is all I can say about this place. It is a great place to work and I definitely recommend working here if you're questionning it.
Nationally known company,
Catering Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 31, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: no insurance as a part time employee.
This is an awesome company to work for especially for college students like myself. This is a company that allows you to work in any of its restaurant as long as you are employed by them.
The best Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fall River, MADecember 31, 2014
Loved my crew food is great , loved the company and the food Favorite job of mine
Pretty decent place
Catering Driver (Former Employee), Sacramento, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: amazing workers, nice customers
Cons: no free meals, had to drive own car
I liked working this establishment. The coworkers were extremely nice and were eager to answer any questions. I liked how they enjoyed their job, which made me enjoy it as well. I felt nervous my first time out, but they assured me that I would do great. At first, work was terrible. I wasn't able to clock in for two months, which resulted in them messing up my paychecks. After everything got settled with, I was able to enjoy work. I wasn't too fond with helping in the kitchen and certain locations because it was very unorganized. A typical day at work would be: clock in, look at the order, call customers assuring order is right, get food and pack in hot box, deliver, clean equipment and clock out. Pretty easy to learn. When I applied to the job, I told my manager that driving to Roseville was too hard for me to travel to, and I was also unaware at the time of employment that I would be traveling to other Boston Market establishments. It was hard going out that far because it was too hard on my car. No matter how many times I told the manager, he still wanted me to go to that location. Other than that little problem, the manager was awesome, as well as the kitchen employees. There was no hard part about this job and I really enjoyed working here. The only reason I stopped working was because business got really slow and I didn't have work for a whole month!
My Short Time at Boston Market
CASHIER/SERVER (Former Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 22, 2014
I had to leave Boston Market Early because of personal reasons but my time there was pretty good. The co-workers and management were pretty easy going. You deal with a lot of elderly people which made being a cashier pretty hard due to their bad hearing. Pretty good benefits for the job.
Productive and very sociable place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 22, 2014
Pros: 50% off employee foods
Cons: not enough employees at times
A typical day at work would be good. Boston Market was always busy and running. The supervisors very fun and cool to be around. You could talk to them about anything and try to help you as much as they can. I absolutely adored being with my coworkers because they would make the job fun. The busier it was the faster the day would go by. Overall it was a very good place to work at because i was very well trained with all of the things to do there so i had good skills.
Serve customers
Back-up, Carver, Server, Cashier (Current Employee), Severna Park, MDDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at work usually starts at 4 pm. When I first get there I make sure that there is food ready for the next four hours. I clean up my area after Im done making sure all the food is up to Boston Market standards. Once the night slows down around 7:30 pm that is the time when I have to start cleaning the ovens and mopping and scrubbing the floors. After 9 pm there is usually nothing else to do in the store, so if anybody else needs help I would help them if Im done with what I need to do
decent place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: bad health insurance, national holidays are mandatory to work & low salary
bad health insurance, national holidays are mandatory to work & low salary, upper management are not experienced

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Market

Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has been giving time back to busy people since 1985. We offer – Read more