Boston Market Employee Reviews

not for every one
cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2017
this job is not for every one its not a back breaking job but if you are not willing to work there on holidays with no holiday pay or any real benefits just for a low pay rent with not much hours given to you, you may not like it if you not willing to do it.
I really do not have anything good to say about my job at Boston Market other than it is a paycheck for now.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJDecember 8, 2017
A typical day is stressful and hectic along with unorganized. I learned basically everything on my own with a little bit from co workers. I learned how to use a water bath besides that i knew most of it from previous experience. The hardest thing about working at Boston Market is the chaos lack of organization and all around stressful environment. The most enjoyable part is a few of my co workers who share my opinions and we all help each other as much as possible to make our days go smoother.
Fun and fast-paced place to work
Catering Driver (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 8, 2017
I liked working at Boston Market as a catering driver. I went somewhere new everyday, and met many nice people. It was always nice to be called in to drive someone's food to them.
It was a good place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 7, 2017
A typical day at work would be me coming to work and taking orders. I learned how to work in a fast pace environment. the manager was fairly good. The hardest part of the job was learning how to do everything in the store.
Pros
free food
Cons
not long enough brakes
current policies keep you from being your best
Ast Mgr (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJDecember 6, 2017
Company is stretching every dollar to position itself in a better light.

Management is ok to work with and are working as hard as you. Staff is hard to find for the work load they are being asked to do.
Great first job
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Shelby Charter Township, MIDecember 6, 2017
Managers were amazing and the customers were even better! I was scheduled just the right amount of hours. I also was acknowledged for my hard work and rewarded. They pay was decent but not great.
Pros
Half off and flexible hours
Cons
Basic pay
good job for kids
Cashier / Line Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2017
Evenly paced great job for high schoolers as i was at the time. discounted meals, pretty easy job over all. Management was helpful and hands on. overall pretty decent experience
I actually miss this job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 4, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs I've had....an the management was awesome, we all worked together as a team and that is one thing I miss over the years working at different locations!!
Pros
beautiful place to work
Cons
pay
Definitely great for building strengths when it comes to multitasking.
Carver (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 30, 2017
A typical day at work was composed entirely of multi-tasking only because they found myself fit to do such things. I learned how to balance my stress levels and it really made me comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Thanks to Boston Market I can work quickly and also do 3 other jobs at the same time in doing so. The workplace culture was business casual to say the best, and it was enjoyable for a short amount of time. The hardest part about the job would definitely have to be the lack of urgency in some co-workers and even the managers, really makes you feel like you're alone especially when you need the help. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is staying busy and not really having any down time.
Pros
Learning experience, wonderful co-workers
Cons
Management, No breaks, No free meals
Bad Experience
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 28, 2017
Poor management, unprofessional & unorganized. Favoritism was shown to certain employees & managers looked the other way & let them neglect their job & made others complete.
stressful enviroment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2017
Boston market is always stressful because sometimes you take work loads of other people. No paid holidays even though we worked on Thanksgiving. No paid holidays.
Pros
discounts
Cons
work loads of other workers
nice start off job
Server and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 28, 2017
Boston Market was quick-paced, it was a nice environment to work at and i enjoyed my co-workers. The Manager was great as well, also i got a discount onthe food
First Job
CASHIER, SERVER, CLOSER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 26, 2017
It was a great first job, I enjoyed meeting new people and getting to know the customers coming in. Typical day included, serving people and taking plates to tables, and later in the evening helping close the restaurant and mopping and sweeping floors and tables. Management, was tough to handle with, due to the judgement of others and their opinions. Hardest part of the job was maintaining a calm and collective mindset, some customers were difficult to please even after everything you could do.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Staff
Good place, likable employees
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 21, 2017
A good place to work. Basic cashier duties required. They call and ask if you can take other shifts a quite frequently, that's how I get a majority of my hours.
November 27, 2017

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market is such a positive experience for you. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

fresh hot chicken roasted
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 21, 2017
i was the carver i carved all the meats loaded stoves with chicken made plate served customers cleaned stoves mop floors bust tables wash dishes take out trash
Pros
discount food
Cons
nothing was free
November 27, 2017

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

fun place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vista, CANovember 19, 2017
all day was busy but fun all employees were happy to be there and customer were satisfy with the customer service. I always manage to keep my team happy and ready to work every day and every shift
Pros
fun place, great attitude
Cons
no benefits
November 20, 2017

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work! Good luck with your future endeavors!

productive
Dishwasher/Food Prep/utility (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJNovember 19, 2017
a typical day at work was easy and slow until it came to prepping chicken and turkey. i learned how to become more quick in cleaning everything i needed to clean to be able to start prepping food so i wasnt wasting the time i needed. id say the hardest part of the job was trying to remember where everything went at first until i got used to it which was pretty quick besides from that the only down side was coming into the store dry and leaving semi soaked.
Pros
free food
Cons
bi weekly pay for small amount of hours
November 20, 2017

cook all the food by yourself with no help!
Cook (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CONovember 15, 2017
i had to cook all the food all by myself with no help, and there was 4 peoiple up front taking orders and serving food to the customers. high stress job, and no pay raise for doing the hardest job in the store. terrible CEO at boston market. he cared more about money, and didnt care about the people in his store working and making the money for the store. the workers are seen as disposable and replacable
November 16, 2017

Thanks for the feedback, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

good
Cashier/server (Current Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTNovember 13, 2017
Not too hard, most customers were friendly, could get crazy at times. The managers are good, they were willing to answer any questions I had, and there is general friendliness among the team of workers.
Pros
50% off everything
Cons
sometimes short staffed
November 15, 2017

Only good for high school/college age workers
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 13, 2017
I loved this job until the former GM moved. I was primarily a cashier but was moved around to either Drive Thru or Carver. (This was before the new GM came in.) After the new GM came in I was moved to the back without warning. I was due to advance within my 1st yr of being there but that didn't happen because of the GM change. (Worst yet she didn't like me & vice versa.)

The hardest part of this job is dealing with certain ppl in management if they don't like you that much. The best part for me was my coworkers. Don't expect too much if management doesn't take a liking to you.

You can request a day or 2 off but it doesn't mean they will grant you your request. Take it from me, I didn't request many days off in my 2nd yr. and didn't get one request granted. (My dad has stage 4 cancer & I couldn't see about him until I quit 2 weeks ago.)

Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for work.
Pros
50% discount for employees
Cons
Favoritism between certain members of mgmt. and employees
November 16, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9