Boston Market

productive
Carver/Server (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 26, 2015
cutting protein
keeping station cleaned
management was ok not the best
coworkes worked efficiently
hardest part was cutting meats in timely manner according to customer order
The most enjoyable part of the job
Carver/Customer Service/Backroom (Current Employee), BayShoreAugust 25, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is most definitely the customer interaction, keeping the customer(s) happy is rewarding because it is because of them that we are in the postions that we are. I would like to advance in my career goals and I believe that the experience I've had in customer service is defintiely a great head start.
Good place & Community just certain complications
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Queens, NYAugust 24, 2015
I Mean its a good job just have to be ready for People with attitudes and neglectfulness. But other than that its a good job some employees need to work on not taking their personal life into their work life it affects others. I learned that you have to struggle every day and come to work even in your worst days just to make another person satisfied and build a healthy relationship with your customers. – more... The hardest part for me was having to many co-workers on your back to do something for them and that would slow me and my task down or when they would start arguing in the back room and involve other people that had nothing to do with it . My most enjoyable part of the job is closing time and making sure everything is clean and ready for the next day and of course pay day was the best of it all ! – less
Excellent place to go and enjoy a home cooked meal with your family.
(G.A.) - welcome guest, greet them, and host (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 20, 2015
• Serve customers, and perform great customer service.
• Guest Assistance (G.A.) - welcome guest, greet them, and host.
• Wash dishes, bring dry plates and utensils to the front
• Restock throughout the day.
• Close the restaurant until 10.
• Refill ice machine.
• Clean restaurant so that the environment is enjoyable for customers.
• Clean tables before and after every customer.
• Clean and disinfect the restrooms.
It was a good College Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Oviedo, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: eat free
Cons: Working alot of hours
It was not bad for a job when starting college years ago. It looks like they have in proved uniforms and added new food items.
Decent job for someone starting out in the work environment.
cashier, cook (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLAugust 18, 2015
Best part of my job then was to cook and handle meat for the guest that come in hungry. Always a nice work environment was very social with coworkers.
need better management
assistant manager (Former Employee), hackensack njAugust 17, 2015
been working in this job for 11 years almost 12 but there is small room for growth in the company. needs better management
Productive and a fun place to work
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: Healthcare
I will always love Boston market there is where i received my first work experience, i enjoyed working with my co-workers it felt family, my supervisor was always there to give a hand and was very patient.
Fairly productive and fun workplace
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2015
The job is hard work, but said hard work is fairly well rewarded. The people, both employees and customers, are the best aspects of the job.
Productive and variety of different people
Utilities (Former Employee), Troy, MIAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Tips
Cons: Short Breaks, pay for lunch
A typical day at work would be calm with an up-beat after a while.
Time is a virtue when lunch and dinner comes around.
Managers were fair and gave you chances.
Co-workers could get along very well along with the customers.
My hardest part was just making it to work on time being the distance.
My favorite part was meeting and interacting with the many different types of people. (cutsomers)
Simple Job
Cashier, Server (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYAugust 7, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: always busy, very hot, unresponsive customers
The job is not difficult at all. It still requires customer service but sometimes, I was looked at unpleasantly when giving food with a smile. It's in my nature to smile, some customers aren't used to it. Some appreciate it. A typical day meant a lot of sweating and running around, a little bit of yelling, and burning my fingers. It still wasn't so bad because I was fast and customers appreciated my haste to get them their lunch before their break was over. All in all it was worth it to get a delicious, cheap lunch.
I enjoyed the job
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee), Oak Lawn, ILAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Employees
Cons: After holiday season
I enjoyed working with the staff at this company, it was a different work environment than I was used to. It was a mixture of young and mature workers.
A fast food establishment
Carver/cater (Former Employee), Countryside, ILJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Frequent breaks, meals
Cons: Stressful environment
Interesting to see how everything works behind the counter, but short of that pretty stressful, Made a killing running deliveries on thanksgiving though.
Some time I enjoyed and sometime it wasn't as enjoyable. Going into the Medical Center into highrise buildings.
Complete Customer Service Secret Shops (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
A typical day for me was to get my work done, to the best of my ability with as less issues as possible.
After getting trained completing my assignments or chores to the best of my ability.
My main achievement or accomplishment is to do my work with as less supervision and accurately as possible, with satisfaction.
Assistant Manager
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: We have a hard working, but fun culture at Boston Market, We believe in engaging our employees and hope they will in turn engage with our guests
Cons: Distance to work, few holidays to share with family
I been working at Boston Market full-time (3 or more years). To assume overall responsibility of restaurant operations in general manager's absence. Build store profitability by following established procedures. Operate and ensure compliance with prescribed policies and practices. Assist with the recruitment and training of restaurant employees. Participate in building brand image in the local community.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami LakesJuly 27, 2015
As my second job Boston Market was different, not a job anyone would want to serve food but something was better than nothing. I did learn a lot working at Boston market though. I learned more responsibility, everyone for themselves but always have fun!
Good to Work For
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, OHJuly 24, 2015
Good Company and the Cusp of expansion. Upper Management a little chaotic but they are working on it. Over a good company.
Team work environment
Server, Cashier, Crew Member (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 23, 2015
Pros: helping others
Cons: short breaks
Working at Boston Market I've learned how to effectively communicate with others to satisfy the needs of our guests. I've expanded my independence skills and I have learned to become more confident in addressing others. I have learned to properly use a cash register and to become more aware of how others feel. My co-workers are very detailed. We are all very independent yet we can depend on each other when needed. The hardest part about my job would be working drive thru alone. It's hard, but not impossible, when it has to be done, I do it. The most enjoyable part of my day would be after I help a customer and they smile at me and thank me and send me well wishes. Also, when I serve babies their food and they smile at me. I like when customers are happy with services.
Boston Market was a quick service food establishment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, NJJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Received an employee meal on all days worked.
Cons: Working a lot of nights and weekends.
Boston Market was a fast paced quick service food service establishment that was growing quiet rapidly in New Jersey. There was always new products coming out. We did a lot of sampling to get customers to try and buy the new items. With being an assistant manager there was a lot of responsibility and we had to keep a Serve Safe certification.
Productive anf Fun environment
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunchess for Managaers
Cons: Short breaks
Excellent place to build one self and become more affluent in running a business. Great hours and very flexible with ones schedule. Amazing food and friendly staff. Only downside is the long hours of standing and crazy work load at times.
Headquarters