Boston Market Employee Reviews

Great work place with excellent chance to advance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2017
The shift was very enjoyable to run and I moved up in the company very fast. I enjoyed working under the management because they taught me a lot about the food industry as well as being a great leader and manager. I'm sad that most of these stores closed because with how quickly I was advancing I'm sure I would be one of the companies top managers.
Pros
Fun environment, advancement opportunity
Cons
Business didn't do good enough to keep all stores open
An okay place to work
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 20, 2016
The management was absolutely terrible.They also didn't care for their employees.No type of benefits what so ever. Also they refsued to give me a raise after almost 2 years of working there, while people who barely did their job correctly started at a very high pay.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
never got breaks, ever
fun workplace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 9, 2017
due to my background being Haitian born and raise in Haiti I been always dreaming working my behind off to provide my family food and a place to live I been working at Boston market for about five years now I know I can work and know that I can do any task if anyone give me the chance to do it.
Pros
free lunches good place to work.
Cons
no cons.
Fast Pacing
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLDecember 20, 2016
You have to learn things fast and get a hold of things without it being explained five times to you. You have to be able to lift 20-30 lbs minimum. I was hired for cashier and with less than a year I was working EVERY position from cook to dish washer to craver with no raise.
Pros
work wit your schedule
Cons
under paid
Work Place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 12, 2017
Boston Market was a very good company to work for. The company began to open up on all of the holiday's and I think that takes away from the quality of life when this is done.
Pros
Catering opportunity, Great Food, Close Environment
Cons
Lack of raise, No Staff, No Hours
Very fast paced work environment
Sides Assembler/Server (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 28, 2017
At the time of my employment, the GM was quite unfit for her position making everyone's job dreadful. I left before she was fired so I don't have many good things to say personally but the establishment is under new management and it told to be much improved.
It was a decent company
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 28, 2016
I can't say that it was all bad because typically when i got to work the workers i worked with where people that i knew would do there job and get us out in time sometimes without managements helps but that depends on the scheduled.
I learned a lot there form the more experience workers there who have been there longer then i have they have helped me through a lot without the 3 of them i wouldn't have make it to crew trainer.
the most enjoyable part was really seeing and communicating with my coworkers and customers that tell you the best stories and bring and easy day at work.
Pros
the customers
Cons
Bad management
The best fast food/home style restaurant
Cashier/ Drive Thru Cashier/ Server (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 4, 2016
The management at Boston Market was better than all my jobs combined. I never had a single problem working at this particular restaurant things always ran smoothly. There was also a lot of possibilities at this fast food home style restaurant to progress and grow in the industry. They trained anyone who showed their commitment to the restaurant to be a manager. Hands down this was a 5 star work place and I wish it would of been my first job.
Pros
15% off entire menu, always had 30min to an hour lunch break.
Cons
The pay wasn't so good but you can't expect much pay when it comes to fast food restaurants.
A Highschool
Crew Member/Time-Shift Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Emerson, NJJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work was walking into the store and greeting everyone, but because everyone was so close with each other before in this specific locations new people are almost never feel welcomed. I learned hard labor here, more about transactions, and worked with inventory. Management was awful and could barely get a day off without it being a hassle, my co-workers were almost like zombies and were very tough to talk to on breaks and free moments in which we could. The hardest part was cleaning and having a time period in the cleaning process which was very tiresome and time-consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers and having great conversations with people.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short Breaks, Part-time treated as full-time
Back Up Chef (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2017
its HARD work
8 hours standing , hardest part having to clean, scrub at night
I learned school is important and this job is temporary and i need a RAISE
Very adaptable respectable ambitional energetic and ready to work!
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  1340 Pennsylvania aveFebruary 17, 2017
I feel work should be taken serious, I usually get in the zone at work which makes me either forget about a lunch break or i lose track of time but I enjoy that."I like to stay busy"!!!
I learned that once the business is satisfied with your work ethics you will be rewarded and acknowledged as a great employee which can help you in your future.
Pros
Staying busy, meeting new people, discounts
Cons
Underpay, no overtime, no benefits
Unprofessional
CASHIER / DRIVE THRU QUEEN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 10, 2016
I usually worked drive thru , so I would take orders with my sweetest of voices, handled money , checked to make sure everything in the bag was correct before handing it out , tried my best to have a conversation with the customers through the window . I learned that I am a strong person and that I am very smart. I shouldn't be settling for less than what I'm worth. I was promised a raise after working there for 4 months , and also possible management position. I worked several doubles, basically did anything and everything I could. Dishes, served, took orders at the front cash if there was no cars, rolled silverware, cleaned bathrooms, swept and mopped lobby at nights. I've stayed 2 hours after the store had closed to help with dishes so my managers wouldn't be stuck there alone doing them by themselves, I worked a double on a Saturday, and was scheduled for a double on Sunday, but they needed me in 2 hours earlier. I show up at 10 am ready for whatever they threw at me, and no one was there. But when evaluation came around, I had made mainly 5's on a 1-5 scale, but still did not receive my promotion nor a raise . I simply had to quit because I am now living off of 6 dollars for the next 2 weeks until I would have gotten paid again, after bills. I've talked with them several times about this and word for word I got "That's how a job works".
Pros
I loved the people I worked with, we became really close really fast, and they could handle all my hyper craziness.
Cons
Managers had favoritism, no free meals unless you work a double
Easy College Job
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYOctober 17, 2016
An average day at work consisted of doing either opening or closing duties, sweeping, mopping, cleaning tables, stocking, and serving customers in the store or through the drive-thru. I learned how to handle prepared food of a large variety. My management was very nice and flexible with my college schedule. My co-workers were slightly reserved at first, but grew to like me very much, as did I. The hardest part of my job was staying busy during the lulls of the job. The best part of my job was giving customers tasty meals that they enjoyed.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, fun co-workers
Cons
Slow paced
Fun place comfortable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJanuary 5, 2017
It was very good to work there and see how a work place can be so united and act like a family which made us work great the food was great and the team there with management is great they really make you feel like you're at home. It can get really
Busy which makes you worry and stress if you'll be able to finish your cleaning list but everyone helps eachother out
Pros
50% off food
Cons
A decent place for low skill employment
Cart Pusher/Attendant (Current Employee) –  Union, NJFebruary 8, 2017
Positives: Boston market offers a friendly work place with very nice managers and coworkers. For a first job with somebody with no skill is a good step in the right direction.

Negatives: Boston Market offers low pay per hour with very little to no benefits.

Overview: I am very grateful Boston Market offered me my first job however realizing that there were better job in the market I had to move on within a year.
Ok company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 10, 2016
The company has advancements in management. One thing the don't do is treat everybody the same. Upper management don't look at the whole picture and work at the store level to help out
poor managment and really low pay
H.S. Manager (Former Employee) –  Safety Harbor, FLSeptember 23, 2016
I start working is a cashier, while the management team was changing they offer me to be an HSM, I trained and pass every aspect you need to know to run a shift in Boston Market, when I get back from my training, the GM we had he left and our GM was a new and young manager, with more of 20 employees it was a little bit of a disaster, everybody try to do our best but we had many conflicts between the young management, the hardest part of the job was seeing how the store was falling with many intern issues.
The best part was working with my co-workers and to give the best experience to our customers.
Pros
team work
Cons
pay
Highly productive and motivated work place
Carver/ Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GADecember 4, 2016
Boston Market kept my head on straight with its determination to provide customers with a way to feel at home. My co workers to the customers everyone was awesome. Some things I enjoyed about Boston Market was not only the food but also the love and seriousness of the employees shown to anyone that entered the eating establishment.
Pros
Long breaks, nice management
Cons
Heavy flow of customers, Late night inventory
Fun place to work
Ohio, Carver/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2016
Typical day was running the store to standards. I learned a great deal from them as they were my first management job. The Gm could have been a little more work orientated but all in all was decent. Co- workers were great always did their jobs and kept the guests happy. Hardest part of my job was the holidays, because catering was no joke. The most enjoyable part of the job was making great food for the guests and watching them walk out with a smile.
Pros
Free meal for management. Half off for employees.
Cons
Holidays are mandatory to work.
Love the customers, the rest was okay.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 22, 2016
Probably the friendliest people I have ever met came to eat at Boston Market. The majority of the staff was also quite wonderful. However, the new general manager who started I believe in September of 2014 is very rude. Nothing is every good enough and you can never catch a break. He was not understanding about anything (needing days off, not being able to work outside of availability), and kind of used the younger teens to his advantage in the sense that, they need the money so they'll work without a break, which I do not agree with. At this establishment I also reported harassment more than once on the same manager and nothing was done. If I could have eliminated the new GM and the one generic manager I reported, I would have never left!
Pros
Extremely close to home, lovely customers, good meal deals
Cons
General management, working all day on holidays

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.