Boston Market

Boston Market Employer Reviews

Fun place to work good people
Carver (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 17, 2014
The work is pretty easy just have to know your postion. Very team orintated place to work.
Fast paced enviornment always keeping me on my toes.
Manager, Customer Service, and Product Ambassador (Former Employee), West Chester, PAApril 16, 2014
Pros: good hours, decent money, and diverse culture.
Cons: no breaks, no raises, and no way to grow within the company.
A typical shift for me starts around 2 pm, I come in and make sure my shift is set up. This means I check how much product I have to sell, making sure the til's are counted down from the last shift and counted up for the new shift, gathering up the trash, making sure the lobby is clean and appealing for customers, and then I make sure my paper work – more... is printed out for that night. When my crew members come in for their shift I make sure that the are assigned to the correct position and I give them a couple goals to meet within that shift. As the shift goes on through the night I run around to every position, wherever help is needed. I usually deal heavily with customers, making sure they are satisfied with the service, product, and the facility. My store closes at 10 pm and from there I close a position(differs each shift) and then I complete my paperwork, which includes prep sheets, inventory, and other reconciliation forms. My shift ends at 11 pm by checking out my employees, making sure their position was closed properly and securely locking up the store.
From this job I have learned a lot, considering this was my first job as a manager, I learned just how to professional manager a somewhat large group of people. This job has helped me develop my time management and multitasking skills even more than previous jobs. I think the hardest part of the job is always being under pressure, but I am extremely efficient and productive under pressure. I would have to say the most enjoyable part of my job is the socialization, I get to interact with a diverse group of customers as well as my employees. I aim for high customer satisfaction and my work ethic will elaborate that. – less
fun and productive workplace
Restaurant crew member (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 16, 2014
show me to use my customer service skills and work in a fast paced environment
Fast pace workplace
Catering Driver, Carver, Cashier (Current Employee), Old Greenwich, CTApril 14, 2014
Pros: half percent off meals under $10, friendly customers for the most part
Cons: no breaks, bad management, no discipline
A typical day at work consists of preparing for the rush hours, making sure everything is in order and ready for when it gets busy. Also maintaining a time on everything to verify whether it is expired or not. The management however, is very bad. Not disciplined, don't do their jobs for the most part. Only help out when they feel like it and then turn – more... to their phones for entertainment. No breaks are given, which means and individual has to work from the time they clock in till the time they are out. No type of sympathy for their employees. – less
Great community based restaurant with great food
Cook (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 14, 2014
A typical day at work was fun and informative you learn something new everyday and meet someone who tells you your cooking is great and give you encouragement to keep it up. You learn how long full should be cooked, good customer service, and basic skills needed in any kitchen. Coworkers are mostly friendly and helps others.
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
MEAT CARVER (Former Employee), Lilburn, GAApril 11, 2014
Pros: employees
Cons: never gave enough hours
GREAT EMPLOYEES AND GOOD MANAGEMENT, A FAMILY ATMOSPHERE.
first job ever
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), ReynoldsburgApril 10, 2014
Pros: food
Employed under Boston Market Cashier/Drive Thru and hostesses
catering. Made sure all customers had food orders on time made them
feel welcomed . Always made sure to write detailed descriptions on the
customers order for catering so everything went according to their order.
Called previous customers to offer them more catering services and made
sure – more... they were satisfied . Balanced cash drawers made sure there were no
overages – less
Productive, Fun, Hardwork
Holiday Order Assisstant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 7, 2014
I learned how to deal with customers in a nice manner. The hardest part of the job was getting all the food prepared before the customers come in. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know new people.
great
Team lead, ensuring customers satisfaction (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 7, 2014
High school job. but the chance for advancement for working there for three years have no chance.
Not career worthy
Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLApril 6, 2014
Cons: very few if any breaks, untrained management staff, not enough hours, very high employment tutnover rate, low wages.
Unfortunately i would'nt recommend this job to anyone. There were many occasions where I over compensated myself in different areas of the store due to lack of employees. No real advancement in the company. No positive reinforcement from management.
Great enviroment and diverse employees
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Crestwood, ILApril 4, 2014
Punctually arrive. Begin my duties with repetition. Recheck my orders.
Patience polite
Cashier/Utility Prep (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 2, 2014
Pros: on time
Cons: being on time early
always productive.on time.fast learner. customer service.
Horrible
Cashier /Customer Services (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 1, 2014
i worked at the boston market on 108th street and the management there was horrible. they played favoritism to the employees that they liked the most. if you want to work for them pick another location
it was ok
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 1, 2014
bad management and everyone was always in a bad mood. so i quit
Provided Food Service , Customer Service
Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: yummy food
Cons: :) no complaints
Cashier
Provided excellent customer service to all customers as they arrived
Accurately keyed in orders on cash register and collected payments from customers
Trained in food safety and service skills
We tried our best to keep customers satisfied and leave as soon as possible
Cashier (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers.
Cons: short breaks, can't take food home, and can't accept tips.
A typical day at work...
In the morning: come in, clock in, make desserts, set-up dining room and restrooms; wait for the clock to strike 11:00 A.M. and prepare for serve the customers to the best of your ability.
In the evening: come in, clock in, take orders if need be, clean dining room, clean restrooms, and repeat until the clock strikes 10:00 p.m., – more... and then close shop. – less
Friendly environment, helpful staff
Catering Driver (Former Employee), Old Greenwich CTMarch 29, 2014
Boston Market was a nice company to work for. I learned the importance of timeliness in delevering and customer service. The coworkers were always there to help.
Friendly environment to work at
Manager (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLMarch 25, 2014
Pros: friendly faces, regular customers and working hard to satissfy customers.
Employees always work with a smile on their face and the commitment to make every customer leave satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the day is having employees work together as a team to get through rushes and make the shift run smoothly. When there is a problem everyone works as a team.
PRODUCTIVE
Cashier, Server, Hosts, Trainer (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYMarch 22, 2014
• Prepared hot/cold meals and salads. .
• Provided excellent customer service.
• Opened and closed the restaurant
• Trained employees and prepared weekly schedules.
• Supervised, monitored and evaluated performances of junior employees.
coworkers made work life fun.
Server/Cashier/Maintenance (Former Employee), Homewood, ILMarch 20, 2014
Better trainers should be looked into. I would only work there again if the management changes and I am given a better chance to prove myself.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Market

Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has been giving time back to busy people since 1985. We offer – Read more

Boston Market Photos