Boston Market Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fast paced restuarant
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 19, 2017
Assistant manager for the establishment, great training program for managers very informative. Very stressful meeting quotas and all guidelines daily, very hectic around the holidays. Hiring and firing of employees and making sure they are trained in their position and cross-trained in another. Making sure we ran the restaurant by Health Department guidelines.
benefits
Cons
back- stabbing
Productive Day at Work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJSeptember 19, 2017
Preparing food on time, ensuring all areas of the restaurant are client throughout the day, ensuring food products are stored at the appropriate temperature and greeting customers with a smile.
I loved working here!
Catering Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85013September 19, 2017
I worked for Boston Market for a long time and during that time I did advance in the company. Went from working cashier to working for the corporate office. However once I got the corporate position they were not willing to pay me what the starting salary is for that position I was making less so I had to resign. Overall it was a great company.
One of the best jobs
Head Carver/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  South Euclid, OHSeptember 19, 2017
I loved this job. From cooking to the customer service. The interactions with customers made my day. When they seen me Carving their faces would light up with enjoy knowing I was making their food. I was a cook, cashier, craver and utility. I really enjoyed working for this company.
doing jobs is easy for me getting task done on time not a problem for me i come to work willing to work my hardest all the time
Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 18, 2017
workng hard completeing simple task given finishing small jobs around kitchen and facilty most enjoyable part working with co workers and customers the hardest part cant name a time
Pros
n/n
Cons
n/a
Fast paced restaurant setting job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Usually the work load of this jobs fluctuates depending time and day. Could go from slow to packed in minutes. Trusted co workers but not the best management.
Cool place to work
CASHIER/ BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 18, 2017
Working here was pretty cool. I liked working with the many people that was in and out of the place, I just wish we had a consistent staff. That includes the co-workers and managers both!
Pros
being able to pick up extra shifts if wanted.
Cons
last minute schedule change due to short staff.

September 19, 2017

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Probably my least favorite job
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 17, 2017
Boston Market was my first job ever at 15 years old. Mostly preping and when we had no dishwasher i would run over and do the dishes. Great people at the job.
September 19, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

Fast Paced And Fun Environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 16, 2017
When I walk into work every morning/afternoon I say "hey everyone, everyone looking great that means each and everyone of you are feeling great that's what I like to see". There's great energy, everyone is smiling, joking and laughing with customers. Management is great, we are always there to talk to our employees about anything even personal problems. The hardest part of the job is getting a customer complaint. We want all of our customers to leave out the door happy.The most enjoyable part of the job is when a customer walk in happy and leave the same way she/he walked in.
Pros
Free lunch, breaks
Cons
Call Outs
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

great
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTSeptember 15, 2017
ill tell anyone about this good it was good to work for them I just didn't like when they told me they was telling to make me a manager ten when that time came around nothing
Pros
half off
Cons
great

Horrible
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTSeptember 15, 2017
Mutiple rude managers , very unorganized , alot of drama & unneeded stress , customers wer rude & demanding & everything was backwards i hated working here
September 19, 2017

Thanks for the feedback, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Crew members are some of the best people you will ever meet
Chicken Carver (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 15, 2017
The job is great, the customers are lovely management isn't to bad , assist managers are great overall a great place to work but under paid so if your thinking of it give it a try
Pros
5 off any purchase
Cons
Under paid

Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTSeptember 15, 2017
Meeting new people.
Learning new cooking menu.
Taking out new dessert tray.
Greeting people.
Helping elderly with trays
Serving food
Meeting new co workers.
Pros
Discount of there food
Cons
Short breaks
September 19, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Lack of communication and horrible service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 14, 2017
Boston Market was probably the worst job I worked at it was fine at first but they started taking money out of peoples checks , cutting peoples hours after we worked 15 hours on thanksgiving and the day before thanksgiving and the customer service was terrible along with peoples food not coming out fresh as it should be and not telling people they were gonna fire them but still had them in their system and always saying that the resturant was too slow to come in to work and it wasn't at all so very poor lack of communication and basically a very poor place to dine at so I do not recommend to work here or eat here , mcdonalds has better service and food than them.
Pros
Discounts on your food
Cons
lack of communication and lazy people

Great food
Head Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 12, 2017
Pretty cool place to work if you're at the right location. Great food though and I've also had pretty amazing customers too. If you have alot of hard working co workers like I did then it'll be great.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No health care
September 19, 2017

Great productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 10, 2017
It was a very good job, I would of loved to stay because I believe I would of made a difference in the company. It's a great place to better your customer service, you will learn a lot how to handle a situations better. You will love the drive the customers give you that you will love to be there every day, when I was it was more than just a check at the end it was the customers that made my day to know I helped them that feeling is better than anything.

My experience
Server (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 10, 2017
i learned how to be more open and social. Better communication skills, costumer service. Days were up and down we could be busy one minute and really slow the next. Hardest part would probably have to be the rush and having to deal with angry costumers.

cool place
Cook (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 9, 2017
it was a good and fun place to work with nice people everyone works hard and gives a 100% effort in everything they do. it was fun going in everyday to a friendly environment

General Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 9, 2017
Loved building a great team and accomplishing goals with
great supportive management. Preparing for thanksgiving was the Scariest part but if you plan you will execute flawlessly.

Asesome First Job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 7, 2017
Prep, cook, clean and work independently or with others as needed in a healthcare facility
Estimate ingredients and supplies required to prepare a recipe
Specify food portions, production and time sequences
Ensure quality and timely delivery of services
Food preparation, sanitation, and safety procedures in a fast food setting
Compile and balance cash receipts at the end of the day or shift
Perform various financial activities such as cash handling, deposit preparation
Supervise and participate in kitchen and dining area cleaning activities
September 19, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.