Boston Market

Boston Market Employer Reviews

My Short Time at Boston Market
CASHIER/SERVER (Former Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 22, 2014
I had to leave Boston Market Early because of personal reasons but my time there was pretty good. The co-workers and management were pretty easy going. You deal with a lot of elderly people which made being a cashier pretty hard due to their bad hearing. Pretty good benefits for the job.
Productive and very sociable place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Worcester, MADecember 22, 2014
Pros: 50% off employee foods
Cons: not enough employees at times
A typical day at work would be good. Boston Market was always busy and running. The supervisors very fun and cool to be around. You could talk to them about anything and try to help you as much as they can. I absolutely adored being with my coworkers because they would make the job fun. The busier it was the faster the day would go by. Overall it was – more... a very good place to work at because i was very well trained with all of the things to do there so i had good skills. – less
Serve customers
Back-up, Carver, Server, Cashier (Current Employee), Severna Park, MDDecember 17, 2014
A typical day at work usually starts at 4 pm. When I first get there I make sure that there is food ready for the next four hours. I clean up my area after Im done making sure all the food is up to Boston Market standards. Once the night slows down around 7:30 pm that is the time when I have to start cleaning the ovens and mopping and scrubbing the – more... floors. After 9 pm there is usually nothing else to do in the store, so if anybody else needs help I would help them if Im done with what I need to do – less
decent place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Allentown, PADecember 12, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: bad health insurance, national holidays are mandatory to work & low salary
bad health insurance, national holidays are mandatory to work & low salary, upper management are not experienced
Fun fast place environment
Carver, Utility, Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CADecember 11, 2014
I clock in wash my hands check my stations restock. Take chicken out of the oven put them in my warmer. When there was an order i take out one chicken if i didn't have meat already cut. Put the meat on the plate and serve it to our customers. If a customer came in i am the first to greet them say my name and about their day.
Interesting place to work
Protein Handler (Former Employee), Lancaster, PADecember 10, 2014
Pros: making friends in the work place
Cons: corporate office, angry customers
A typical day consisted of me coming into work and throwing trash and grease from the night before, preparing the meat that was to be used for the day and putting away inventory truck on specific days. If any one needed help in the other areas I would help them too.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 7, 2014
A typical day at work usually starts with a lot of people who need to be served and I'm usually the man who can get things done. My managers are always there when i need them and I trust them to have my back. The hardest part of any day is usually the dinner rush because we can get so crowded that it's usually chaos.
Good place to work at for a small period of time
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Deer Park, NYDecember 5, 2014
Pros: the food
Cons: nothing
Great place i learnd cashier here and how to have good customer service skills the manager was respectful and worked with my schedule co workers always got along with me best part was the food.
Great food
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Pasadena, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: food
Food is great
Sides to come in prefozen bags
Management is great
Pay not the best in the world if you have a family
Good Place to Work
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Fairfax, VADecember 3, 2014
Good place, not much room for growth beyond Manager, Holiday Season is crazy busy
n/a
Delivery Driver/Catering (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 30, 2014
A typical day at work, got along well with co-workers, management was fair.
fast paced restaurant
Cashier, Food Prep (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 30, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals, breaks
Cons: bad attitudes
A typical day at work would be answers phones, cleaning tables, taking orders, and severing guest. My managers were quiet rude as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was remaining positive when everyone surrounding me was extremely negative. The part I enjoy most about my job was completing a day of work owning that i did everything my – more... best. – less
Daily work
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 28, 2014
I handled money and inventory on a daily basis. I was a shift supervisor so I helped with team motivation. I handled customer complaints.
fun place to work nice enviornment
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 25, 2014
Pros: discount on food
Cons: no cons
typical day at work is smooth nice easy going learned how to make others happy by putting them first co workers are fantastic and very helpful there is no hard part to this job everything is enjoyable
LIKE GOING TO MALL WITH NO MONEY.
Cook/Carver (Former Employee), Stone Mountain, GANovember 23, 2014
Pros: the food and co-workers.
Cons: people attitudes and complaints.
I had my fun days and bad days. I learned social skills dealing with people attitudes and problems. the hardest park of the job was listing to people complain. the most enjoyable part of the job was eatting the food.
OK workplace with negative management
Cashier (Former Employee), Crestwood, ILNovember 22, 2014
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: favoritism within management
Poor management/Negative environment
Minimum hours given
Learned to take food temperatures/ food portions
Hardest part was handling the drive thru
Co-workers were helpful and enjoyable
Productive team orientated work place.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 20, 2014
My experience working at Boston Market was great. Friendly environment with minimum distractions.
Flexible in enjoyable
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Deptford, NJNovember 18, 2014
typical work day is being a cashier is has serving customers food of there choice.also stocking,cleaning,dining room,sweeping,mopping floors,etc.I learned how to muliti task,in learned how to focus on the customers in there the main priority.my coworkers where ok.the hardest part of the job is coworkers not coming to work.
fun place to be
shift supervisor (Former Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLNovember 16, 2014
Pros: always busy
Cons: nothing
busy
management skills
co-workers awesome
when my shift ended
enjoyable everything
Productive and fun
Server (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 14, 2014
Pros: great to work with the customers
A fun environment to work in. I enjoyed the environment and humor.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Market

Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has been giving time back to busy people since 1985. We offer – Read more