Boston Market Employee Reviews in United States

people friendly
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 20, 2016
my day was well. lots of laughs, meeting new people always wanting to make the customers come back. Sad when the store closed down , didn't get the chance to see frequently attending customers
Cutting chicken is fun, but messy.
Carver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
Typical work day depends on whether or not if I was opening or closing as a carver. If I opened, I would prep the meat we sold at 7 a.m., meaning getting rid of excess fat and other things from raw chicken and begin cooking it early, after the ovens we use heat up enough. Then I would prepare some meatloaf and quarter up around 20-pound balls of turkey, usually from 4-6 balls. I also had to make sure my sandwich station had everything I needed like slicing tomatoes, having lettuce and condiments. When we opened at 11, I made would cut the turkey, meatloaf and chicken for what the order desired. I would do this until about 4 p.m. If I was closing I would continue on as I had after the store opened until about 9 - 9:30 p.m. and start cleaning the empty ovens as well as my carver station until it was cleaned and the water we use to help keep the meats warm is dumped. Once we closed at 10, I would start breaking everything down and putting away any unused meats back into our freezer, along with the sandwich stuff like the lettuce and tomatoes to be used the next. I would also de-bone every single piece of chicken that was left over, running up to 10 whole chickens to de-bone. After all the food was put away and my ovens cleaned, I would then wash my floors and clock out.

The workers I had were fun to work with and always had a positive outlook, even after a busy day. they were like my second family, since I knew almost everyone there.
Pros
Free Lunches, fun atmosphere, challenging work
Cons
Blood from raw meat, if your squeamish.
nice place
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMay 12, 2016
they were a little unorganized, they had a high turnover rate, the manager tried really hard, they sometimes had attitudes
Enjoyable
Shif Manager (Former Employee) –  Longwood, FLMay 9, 2016
overall an enjoyable place to work, staff works well together,Hard to move up in management, low pay, can be busy some days which is a good thing.
Pros
nice company to work with
Cons
low pay, hard to move up in company
Poor Management
Cashier - For (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 4, 2016
Don't respect the employee and very poor management. One of the very few company that doesn't want to give rise. Learned how to deal with difficult customer and most enjoyable part was to work as a team which made the job a lot easier.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay, doesn't give rise
Great coworkers, bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 29, 2016
Before I rant, I am amazingly grateful that they took a risk with me and I appreciate them hiring me considering this was my first job. Work was okay, the only complaint was late comers. I was appointed as a cashier but kinda did a little of everything. My management was pretty bad, my manager although nice at times never confiscated in me when she changed the schedule and always booked me just because; "never asked if I had anything going that day expecially one day when I was off and she was like so come in at 5 instead of 4:30 and I replied I do not work today and she said oh I changed it yesterday". My coworkers were awesome and I enjoyed working here the most part but the general manager was inconsiderate; I ended up quitting because we had agreed that since the new schedule hadnt been made yet and I had informed her prior to the beginning of the month that I was leaving she said ok. Next thing you know she booked me for 3 days the next week and I was commuting so I said sure because they were afternoon shifts. Then without acknowledging me she added another day and appointed me 3 night shifts all in a row plus an additional afternoon that being said I did not want to be cleaning up toilets "my last week" . The assistant manager was lazy and sat on her butt most of the time and complaining to me that she was tired? both managers always handed out a bunch of food to their families for free; over $30+ worth and I know that managers only get about 11$ off which she also already received. I loved my coworkers and shift managers but the people running this place were pretty  more... bad.  less
Pros
Money, regular customers, and coworkers
Cons
50% on meals, general/assistant managers, men who can't flush urinals
Fun place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  lynhust, ohioApril 26, 2016
Boston Market is a cool place to work if you love being around food, good people, and want to advance quick. Everyday is different.
Interactive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TX 76054April 24, 2016
A normal day at work included, engaging with customers and working together with other employees to get the job done. The job help strengthen my communication skills, efficiency, and patience.
Fun place to work
Backup Crew (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 18, 2016
Team members who help you out, not being left to learn on your own.
The managers are ok but could do better. The hardest part of the job is being able to perform in a fast paced environment. The laughter of how we employees get along with one another.
strong team to work with
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2016
Start off preparing food for the day. Analyze prep charts, and go over with cooks amount of food to get started. Scheduled daily employee positions to best serve for each day. Co-workers were the most fun here, great group of people. Hardest part of job was anytime crew did not show up to work, made everything a little harder to manage. Best part was preparing great food, for a great price.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
restaraunt hours are long...
A very nice place, wiling to let you work your way up, very diverse.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 13, 2016
Worked here for 4 years and liked the majority of them. Always had new people going in or out, but there were always people who would stay. The people who did stay usually ended up in manager or assistant manager positions if they applied for them and were qualified. Many different kinds of people worked there and most of them were very friendly, but some places are much more strict than others. Would definitely recommend as a first job if you're willing to learn and work hard.
Pros
Fair pay, flexible hours, nice people
Cons
working certain holidays is mandatory
Fun work place
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 13, 2016
Work is joyful depending on the people you work with, Work isn't that tough as long as your on top of your job. I learned how to manage a shift without anyone's help and I learned how to naturally be a leader to those who need it.
Pros
free food
Great managers
Back up cook prep and cashier (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAApril 8, 2016
When you work at a place where you managers are real people, life is normal. I had responsibilities and was held to a standard, but our managers were also holding themselves accountable and they were very professional.
Unprofessional and overall a terrible job
All Postions (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2016
Management was so unprofessional and they treated you like you were worthless. Pay was decent but that is about it! A typical day at work was stressful and there was the constant urge to quit. Nobody washed their hands!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Hate this place
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 29, 2016
The company dose not think of their employees. The benefits are bad that pay is bad and they work you like a dog. Did a 72 hour shift every Thanksgiving and was not paid for all the over time because I had to clock out and then clock back in every day.
Productive and fun place to work with great food
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDMarch 14, 2016
The customers were great to service and have great conversation that developed an outstanding relationship. When you have a great team to work with in a day it intends to fly by and its time to clock out before you know it.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Lack of hours
Great working for them
Catering Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 10, 2016
Work wasnt too difficult, pay was good, and management was very nice. I was surprised how much I liked working here for a fast food restaraunt
We had a lot of fun
COOK/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  SOMERS POINTMarch 7, 2016
Great fun management team.Fun dealing with the customers , co workers were great. Nothing what so ever hard about the job fun place to work always busy never a dull moment.
Pros
GREAT ATMOSPHERE
Cons
NONE
Fun workplace with misguided management
Backup & Prep Cook/Catering (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAMarch 5, 2016
Prep and backup cooking was easy, handling the front-end wasn't bad and our customers loved the food, but when it came to the management handling money and handling information, there was some work that needed to be done.
Pros
Good discounts for employee meals, fun environment, catering was satisfying
Cons
Poor handling of money and information by management
overall a fun job
server (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 3, 2016
i enjoyed working at boston market liked all my co workers , everyone was mutual , it was never a doll moment always workeing and being productive ,