Boston Market Employee Reviews in United States

Very supportive upper management
General Manager/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 24, 2016
Oversaw the day to day operations of a fast casual restaurant with the emphasis of developing the brand and impacting the bottom line on the Profit and Loss statement.
Pros
Great main entree and side dish items
Cons
TV marketing done only twice a year.
terrible place to work
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 23, 2016
I hated the job, the customers are terrible, you can never seem to move up in the company and the pay is terriblenkn;lkj'jom jhio jbhjbj jhhi hh hhi hhi hihi hiikhih bhhi hihi jhbihi buhi
Pros
free lunch
Cons
all
Very fun and enjoyable family type setting
Associate Carver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
My days always stayed busy and very fast paced but, I learned the best way on how to carve a whole chicken and to stay relaxed when things seemed to get a little overwhelming with orders. The people I worked with were a pleasure to be around and very supportive. Management was very patient with me during my learning process and when I was going through personal issues they stuck by me. Even though I didn't necessarily cook it was the closest thing to it and enjoyed my time there cause I was able to bring a joy to the customers and/or families that came in to eat.
Pros
Bringing joy to the faces of customers and families.
Cons
All the cleaning at the end of night washing dishes but mainly the ovens and rotisserie spits.
Some what fast paced with a good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2016
I ran the cashier. I also partially prepared the plates before they are given to the customers. I also helped to occasionally close or open. Also I cleaned the dining area as well as the work area.
Pros
50% discount of food during lunch break
Not the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 11, 2016
I have experience in working at Boston market. I worked therefor about 9 months. job advancements is close to none. You are expected to come into work on your days off if someone just skips a day. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
10% discount on food
Cons
too many to list
A Highschool
Crew Member/Time-Shift Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Emerson, NJJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work was walking into the store and greeting everyone, but because everyone was so close with each other before in this specific locations new people are almost never feel welcomed. I learned hard labor here, more about transactions, and worked with inventory. Management was awful and could barely get a day off without it being a hassle, my co-workers were almost like zombies and were very tough to talk to on breaks and free moments in which we could. The hardest part was cleaning and having a time period in the cleaning process which was very tiresome and time-consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers and having great conversations with people.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short Breaks, Part-time treated as full-time
fun and nice company
cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJune 9, 2016
Boston Market is a good company to work for and to come eat at. A day at Boston Market consist of preparing the best food quality for our customers. Working at Boston Market has taught me patience and also have helped me grow. The manager at Boston Market is really nice and understanding. The crew members are very hard working and focus.
Okay workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work including serving customers what they ordered and cashing them out. When it wasn't busy I would clean the front area, such as the tables and the refrigerator section. The manager was very strict and cut my hours back significantly.
Decent place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 3, 2016
Boston Market is very competitive, and customer service is a must. I like the work, but hours change based on season and customers.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Fluctuating hours
Boston Market Assistant Manager
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJune 3, 2016
This company required overtime to get full salary. Store manager often left during his shift and left me to run store for him. Shift Supervisors didn't show up for work or showed up drunk. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Don't take care of their managers
First Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2016
This was my very first job and it was the best choice I ever made. It is great as a starter and even something to further get into. It has definitely changed since I have been there but its still great. Sometimes I go back for the holidays. The atmosphere is amazing and there are so many customers that repeatedly come back because the food is amazing.
fun place to work
cashier\server (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 1, 2016
its an ok job if they would give benefits.....
only down fall is not enough pay or hours....
could use better management.....
Pros
fun and discount
Cons
not enouhg money or hours
Fun place to work at.
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work is full with talking to costumers, stalking supplies, working quickly to get orders complete. I learned that if you talk to the costumer about their day they always want to come back. Management as well as co-workers are funny, friendly and great to work with. The hardest part would have to be the lunch and dinner rushes. The most enjoyable part is getting to talk to the costumers.
fun place to be
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beach, NDMay 30, 2016
this job was the first to advance me to shift supervisor my manager and the employees were very kind I really kind to me it felt like a family I loved this job.
Made a significant increase in sales by up-selling merchandise displayed at the cash counter.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMay 29, 2016
Taking customer's order, serving food and performing other duties as assigned. Present menus and respond any questions regarding menu items. Check regularly with guests to make sure that they are enjoying their meals. Take necessary action to resolve any complaints.
Pros
free lunches
Fun and fast paced work place
Hourly Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2016
There is always an advancement opportunity. Management is willing to work with your schedule, whether it's for school or child care.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No breaks
Don't take the 'UTILITY' job. (Dishwashing) Horrible and Alone
Utility (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 26, 2016
Didn't work here long after the shock of the strenuous amount of work I and I alone was responsible for.

- Utility (aka Dishwasher) - No equipment, absolutely manual handling of more pots and pans and heavy objects than you can imagine. I can speak of the closing shift but it's probably not much better during the day.

** Also includes all protein preparation, all chicken, etc. This job alone will take 2-3 hours.

In summary, a day is witnessing only yourself not able to pace yourself, the requirement of extreme diligence, scrubbing without break, you cannot afford a break, nonstop, until about closing time for meal service, 10pm, when you will be required to at least double time on already nonstop diligent breathless scrubbing and preparation, and lifting. That double time will be for the next hour and a half and will be absolutely horrible. I witnessed no help at all.

You will likely be the only one doing the nasty jobs (aside from maybe cleaning the restroom which I did not witness) and it will never end. You will wake up in the morning aching.

Hours were terrible. At first I got 2 days the first week, the second week was my regular schedule of 4 days. But the evening shift is 5pm to 11:30, do the math, that's not much to live on. And will be difficult to work around with other jobs leaving at 5pm.

6.5 hour day shifts. Ouch. And for the close to 11:30.

The only job worse than this was maybe repetitive 18 wheeler unloading nonstop at walmart for the same rate. That left me walkless for 3 weeks after the first day.
Pros
get to eat the food free
Cons
terrible hours, terrible utility position
people friendly
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCMay 20, 2016
my day was well. lots of laughs, meeting new people always wanting to make the customers come back. Sad when the store closed down , didn't get the chance to see frequently attending customers
Cutting chicken is fun, but messy.
Carver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2016
Typical work day depends on whether or not if I was opening or closing as a carver. If I opened, I would prep the meat we sold at 7 a.m., meaning getting rid of excess fat and other things from raw chicken and begin cooking it early, after the ovens we use heat up enough. Then I would prepare some meatloaf and quarter up around 20-pound balls of turkey, usually from 4-6 balls. I also had to make sure my sandwich station had everything I needed like slicing tomatoes, having lettuce and condiments. When we opened at 11, I made would cut the turkey, meatloaf and chicken for what the order desired. I would do this until about 4 p.m. If I was closing I would continue on as I had after the store opened until about 9 - 9:30 p.m. and start cleaning the empty ovens as well as my carver station until it was cleaned and the water we use to help keep the meats warm is dumped. Once we closed at 10, I would start breaking everything down and putting away any unused meats back into our freezer, along with the sandwich stuff like the lettuce and tomatoes to be used the next. I would also de-bone every single piece of chicken that was left over, running up to 10 whole chickens to de-bone. After all the food was put away and my ovens cleaned, I would then wash my floors and clock out.

The workers I had were fun to work with and always had a positive outlook, even after a busy day. they were like my second family, since I knew almost everyone there.
Pros
Free Lunches, fun atmosphere, challenging work
Cons
Blood from raw meat, if your squeamish.
nice place
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMay 12, 2016
they were a little unorganized, they had a high turnover rate, the manager tried really hard, they sometimes had attitudes