Boston Market Employee Reviews in United States

Can be a little hectic at times
Server (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 10, 2016
This job is very fast paced and you have to be constantly on your toes all the time. A typical work day for me includes clocking in at my usual time in which i clock in at 4:00 and then begining to do my work. It gets very busy at times and you can struggle to keep up with the fast pace of customers constantly rushing in through the door especially in the afternoon.
Pros
Not difficult and can be learned very easily, friendly crew
Cons
can get very busy and you may struggle to keep up, things can get broken sometimes and it takes a while to fix them also
Work Enviroment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FL 33617July 6, 2016
A typical work day would consist of a handful of work to keep everyone busy. I like to stay busy that way it feels as if the day is going faster. I would like a management team to tell me how I am doing. In other words, constructive criticism. As for my co-workers, I like to work side by side with them. I like to stick together because after all, we are a team. The hardest part of a job for me has to be learning the material. Once that is out of the way, I can overcome any obstacle in my way. In contrast, my favorite part of the job would have to be putting a smile on a customer's face. I tend to build a relationship with everyone I speak with. It makes my job a lot easier.
Pros
Multiple lunches and breaks
Cons
No healthcare
Terrible hours
Catering Associate/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Duncanville, TXJuly 18, 2016
As a catering driver, I would get called once a morning from monday through friday, though no days were ever guaranteed.
The average workday lasted 1-2 hours with $15 for a service fee. On top of the $9/h I got paid, that amounted to about $80-$90 per bi-weekly check.
This doesn't take in account maintenance for your car and gas, so really the checks were more like $30-$40 every 2 weeks.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!
Pros
Management was nice, easy
Cons
no hours, no pay, gas prices
Very fun and enjoyable family type setting
Associate Carver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
My days always stayed busy and very fast paced but, I learned the best way on how to carve a whole chicken and to stay relaxed when things seemed to get a little overwhelming with orders. The people I worked with were a pleasure to be around and very supportive. Management was very patient with me during my learning process and when I was going through personal issues they stuck by me. Even though I didn't necessarily cook it was the closest thing to it and enjoyed my time there cause I was able to bring a joy to the customers and/or families that came in to eat.
Pros
Bringing joy to the faces of customers and families.
Cons
All the cleaning at the end of night washing dishes but mainly the ovens and rotisserie spits.
A Highschool
Crew Member/Time-Shift Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Emerson, NJJune 10, 2016
A typical day at work was walking into the store and greeting everyone, but because everyone was so close with each other before in this specific locations new people are almost never feel welcomed. I learned hard labor here, more about transactions, and worked with inventory. Management was awful and could barely get a day off without it being a hassle, my co-workers were almost like zombies and were very tough to talk to on breaks and free moments in which we could. The hardest part was cleaning and having a time period in the cleaning process which was very tiresome and time-consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with the customers and having great conversations with people.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short Breaks, Part-time treated as full-time
The work is not good foe me
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2016
Working for Boston market is giving me a hard time the hours are nit good at all the make me work late at night knowing i have kids at home. The worst part is that every time I work the put me on dishwasher duties which I normally wouldn't have a problem with but lately I have been have pain in my hand and dish washing isn't helping make my hand heal.
Pros
I'm making a little bit of money
Cons
everything else
Fun place to work at.
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work is full with talking to costumers, stalking supplies, working quickly to get orders complete. I learned that if you talk to the costumer about their day they always want to come back. Management as well as co-workers are funny, friendly and great to work with. The hardest part would have to be the lunch and dinner rushes. The most enjoyable part is getting to talk to the costumers.
strong team to work with
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2016
Start off preparing food for the day. Analyze prep charts, and go over with cooks amount of food to get started. Scheduled daily employee positions to best serve for each day. Co-workers were the most fun here, great group of people. Hardest part of job was anytime crew did not show up to work, made everything a little harder to manage. Best part was preparing great food, for a great price.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
restaraunt hours are long...
A very nice place, wiling to let you work your way up, very diverse.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 13, 2016
Worked here for 4 years and liked the majority of them. Always had new people going in or out, but there were always people who would stay. The people who did stay usually ended up in manager or assistant manager positions if they applied for them and were qualified. Many different kinds of people worked there and most of them were very friendly, but some places are much more strict than others. Would definitely recommend as a first job if you're willing to learn and work hard.
Pros
Fair pay, flexible hours, nice people
Cons
working certain holidays is mandatory
Made a significant increase in sales by up-selling merchandise displayed at the cash counter.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJMay 29, 2016
Taking customer's order, serving food and performing other duties as assigned. Present menus and respond any questions regarding menu items. Check regularly with guests to make sure that they are enjoying their meals. Take necessary action to resolve any complaints.
Pros
free lunches

Want to know more about Boston Market?

Ask a question
fun and nice company
cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJune 9, 2016
Boston Market is a good company to work for and to come eat at. A day at Boston Market consist of preparing the best food quality for our customers. Working at Boston Market has taught me patience and also have helped me grow. The manager at Boston Market is really nice and understanding. The crew members are very hard working and focus.
Family style meals.
Dishwasher/Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 21, 2016
Boston Market provides a variety of home-style family dining options that are delicious. The work environment was pleasant enough and sanitation was always a priority. I should note that I was a dishwasher which meant I was responsible for preparing raw whole chickens, which I did not particularly enjoy.
First Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2016
This was my very first job and it was the best choice I ever made. It is great as a starter and even something to further get into. It has definitely changed since I have been there but its still great. Sometimes I go back for the holidays. The atmosphere is amazing and there are so many customers that repeatedly come back because the food is amazing.
Fun workplace with misguided management
Backup & Prep Cook/Catering (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAMarch 5, 2016
Prep and backup cooking was easy, handling the front-end wasn't bad and our customers loved the food, but when it came to the management handling money and handling information, there was some work that needed to be done.
Pros
Good discounts for employee meals, fun environment, catering was satisfying
Cons
Poor handling of money and information by management
Boston Market Assistant Manager
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas TexasJune 3, 2016
This company required overtime to get full salary. Store manager often left during his shift and left me to run store for him. Shift Supervisors didn't show up for work or showed up drunk. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Don't take care of their managers
Very supportive upper management
General Manager/Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 24, 2016
Oversaw the day to day operations of a fast casual restaurant with the emphasis of developing the brand and impacting the bottom line on the Profit and Loss statement.
Pros
Great main entree and side dish items
Cons
TV marketing done only twice a year.
Some what fast paced with a good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2016
I ran the cashier. I also partially prepared the plates before they are given to the customers. I also helped to occasionally close or open. Also I cleaned the dining area as well as the work area.
Pros
50% discount of food during lunch break
Productive and free workplace.
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day working at Boston Market was fun. The staff was fun and so was the managers. But at the same time it was a business. Working at Boston Market I learned a lot. I learned that working in customer service you have to have a lot of patience. The hardest part about working there was dealing with some of the rude customers and the best part about working there was the environment. Mostly everyone there was friendly.
Pros
You get an hour break
Cons
You had to pay for lunch.
Okay workplace
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 8, 2016
A typical day at work including serving customers what they ordered and cashing them out. When it wasn't busy I would clean the front area, such as the tables and the refrigerator section. The manager was very strict and cut my hours back significantly.
Not the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 11, 2016
I have experience in working at Boston market. I worked therefor about 9 months. job advancements is close to none. You are expected to come into work on your days off if someone just skips a day. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Pros
10% discount on food
Cons
too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.