Boston Market

Boston Market Employee Reviews

A fast food establishment
Carver/cater (Former Employee), Countryside, ILJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Frequent breaks, meals
Cons: Stressful environment
Interesting to see how everything works behind the counter, but short of that pretty stressful, Made a killing running deliveries on thanksgiving though.
Some time I enjoyed and sometime it wasn't as enjoyable. Going into the Medical Center into highrise buildings.
Complete Customer Service Secret Shops (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2015
A typical day for me was to get my work done, to the best of my ability with as less issues as possible.
After getting trained completing my assignments or chores to the best of my ability.
My main achievement or accomplishment is to do my work with as less supervision and accurately as possible, with satisfaction.
Assistant Manager
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: We have a hard working, but fun culture at Boston Market, We believe in engaging our employees and hope they will in turn engage with our guests
Cons: Distance to work, few holidays to share with family
I been working at Boston Market full-time (3 or more years). To assume overall responsibility of restaurant operations in general manager's absence. Build store profitability by following established procedures. Operate and ensure compliance with prescribed policies and practices. Assist with the recruitment and training of restaurant employees. Participate in building brand image in the local community.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami LakesJuly 27, 2015
As my second job Boston Market was different, not a job anyone would want to serve food but something was better than nothing. I did learn a lot working at Boston market though. I learned more responsibility, everyone for themselves but always have fun!
Nice environment for a first job
Customer Service - 1 year (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: None
A typical day involved restocking and cleaning the restaurant as well as taking orders from customers. The hardest part of the job is when we would get busy with everyone coming in at the same time and trying to keep orders straight. My co-workers were kind and we all treated each other like family
Good to Work For
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, OHJuly 24, 2015
Good Company and the Cusp of expansion. Upper Management a little chaotic but they are working on it. Over a good company.
Team work environment
Server, Cashier, Crew Member (Current Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 23, 2015
Pros: helping others
Cons: short breaks
Working at Boston Market I've learned how to effectively communicate with others to satisfy the needs of our guests. I've expanded my independence skills and I have learned to become more confident in addressing others. I have learned to properly use a cash register and to become more aware of how others feel. My co-workers are very detailed. We are all very independent yet we can depend on each other when needed. The hardest part about my job would be working drive thru alone. It's hard, but not impossible, when it has to be done, I do it. The most enjoyable part of my day would be after I help a customer and they smile at me and thank me and send me well wishes. Also, when I serve babies their food and they smile at me. I like when customers are happy with services.
Boston Market was a quick service food establishment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Shrewsbury, NJJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Received an employee meal on all days worked.
Cons: Working a lot of nights and weekends.
Boston Market was a fast paced quick service food service establishment that was growing quiet rapidly in New Jersey. There was always new products coming out. We did a lot of sampling to get customers to try and buy the new items. With being an assistant manager there was a lot of responsibility and we had to keep a Serve Safe certification.
Productive anf Fun environment
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee), Fairfield, CTJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Free lunchess for Managaers
Cons: Short breaks
Excellent place to build one self and become more affluent in running a business. Great hours and very flexible with ones schedule. Amazing food and friendly staff. Only downside is the long hours of standing and crazy work load at times.
Okay for a first job;Bad management.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Employee discount was half off, some coworkers were nice
Cons: Bad management, awful customer base(Rude)
Boston Market is about good for a first job. I don't recommend this for a career path by any means. I got hired there and got promised advancement opportunities that were never presented. The manager previously knew one of the new hires and instantly gave her an HSM(hourly shift supervisor) position,which is the exact job I was promised to be promoted to and trained with on. Boston Market has one of the worst customer bases in Aurora, Colorado. Everybody that came in seemed to be in a bad mood,and only once in a blue moon would a positive minded person come in and brighten everyone's days. My coworkers were decent,but not the best. The management(I can NOT stress this ENOUGH) was awful,and the reason I was driven away. The store would change managers every other week it seemed.
Fast and a really good place to work
Cashier/Server/Cook (Former Employee), Solon, OHJuly 17, 2015
Pros: 50% off any food
Cons: Not enough benifits or raises
A typical day was pretty fast. Since Iv'e worked there I learned how to work with others, and take constructive criticism. Most of the managers were fair and were good leaders. My co-workers made coming into work worth it. The hardest part of the job was the rude customers. The most enjoyable was when we would pass our secret shops.
Great work environment and ability to interact with a multitude of different people.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: easy going enviorment
Cons: little to no benefits for employees not in management or assistant management
Interacting and socializing with a wide range of people. Adding and subtracting money processing orders. Making and arranging food to be served in an effective and efficient manner. The managers were very helpful, and supportive of the subordinates. Great teachers. I most enjoyed being around my co-workers
great work environment
Carver Chef, Food Preparation, Server, Janitorial (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAJuly 12, 2015
show up, prep all meats for day, clean anything in work space, prep for sandwiches/ salads, carve meat, serve orders, and clean up dining and kitchen when finished
Great Experience poor Upper Management
Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: good pay good team members
Cons: poor management
Worked for 2 years very poor upper management little to no interaction with upper management Very poorly run But this was during the McDonalds run company Since they have sold im told it is much different but since i no longer work there i can not verify
fun and fast paste
Crew Member (Former Employee), Holland MiJuly 9, 2015
on a typical day we would clock in and the manager would let you know what you were doing for the day. every one was pretty friendly
good food
Server (Former Employee), NewYork, NYJuly 8, 2015
working at Boston market was e tough but good experience, the food was good and the customers were for the most part nice people
fast paced with lots of driving
Caterer/Server (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 8, 2015
I would come in two hours before a delivery time to pack up all the food and equipment. Then drive to the catering location and set up the food in an appealing way. Then return to the store to clean and put away the containers. It was a very independent job but I also learned to work well with the cooks in the back since we had to share and maneuver around the small kitchen and refrigerators. I enjoyed interacting with all the different customers because they came from all walks of life and were always glad to see me since I brought the good food.
Productive and fast paced place to work in.
manager (Current Employee), milwaukeeJuly 8, 2015
Coming into work, we make sure the store has everything it will need to get through the day. While doing manager tasks, we also assist other employees making sure the store gets run how it is supposed to and we can have a fun day. We are responsible for truck orders, scheduling, organization, inventory processing, etc.
Rewarding, challenging, great team
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great team to manage
Cons: Executive manamgent
Supervised seven units in the Chicago area. Led and managed financial administration and performance; recruiting and training of managers; coordination and roll-out of company driven initiatives; HR; payroll administration; upholding high standards of quality, service and cleanliness. Performed at or above budgeted expectation.
Hectic work place
Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Syracuse, New YorkJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Half Off Lunches
Cons: New Management
I would go in everyday and set the store up for the day. I learned that working with co workers is a learning experience and each person learns at a different pace. We had three different general Managers since I worked there. My co-workers were amazing and I loved going to work everyday. The hardest part of the job was teaching the new employees but it was fun. The most enjoyable part was seeing our regular customers everyday.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Market

Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has been giving time back to busy people since 1985. We offer – Read more

Boston Market Salaries