Boston Market Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Carver/Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 26, 2017
Overall, Boston Market is a great company to work for. It offers a great work environment in addition t good management. Also, the food is very good and fresh.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Short breaks
Lots of hours
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJune 26, 2017
Worked a lo of hours, with minimal to average recognition. Very little room for growth after restaurant manager. Clear expectations, didn't waiver too much. Upper management was the best part of the company
Great store management, horrible upper management
Carver (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJune 26, 2017
I loved working here because the management was great, but the district manager made things so unbearable and nerve rattling by threatening to have employees fired for not suggestive selling or forgetting a spoon
Pros
Free pop
Cons
No benefits, no holiday pay
perfect
Back Up (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJune 24, 2017
Boston Market is a great job to have. Great employees, and the best management. I enjoyed the time that I spent at this job. It was my first job and I had a perfect experience.
Fast food is always hiring
Server (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTJune 23, 2017
Its a job if you need money and don't really have too many skills. It's hard work for not great pay, and a reminder of why it's never too late to try community college.
Fun work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLJune 21, 2017
A great job to have when your young and if you want to build a career with them its a great place to do that too. You will have to work on thanksgiving though so be ready for that.
Fast paced enviroment that makes the day go by fast
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYJune 21, 2017
The job at boston market is fun and very high paced which makes the job go by fast. Although you work a vigorous schedule that does not allow much time to physically recharge.
Easy job, terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago,IlJune 21, 2017
Working here is easy, as long as your coworkers are leaving the drama at home and working as a team. Management was usually lazy and would leave a lot of pressure on the staff. They're not team players, so they would often over work employees. Easiest part is doing the work, the hardest part is trying to do the job when there is a lot of pressure put on the employees from management not wanting to pick up the slack. Company is greedy and will not offer free meals and are uptight with discounts.
Pros
Easy work when everyone does their part as a team
Cons
Not a team environment, bad management
Fun work place
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJJune 20, 2017
Over all easy , fun , job . Management is good in store . When you get higher then the store management is a different story . Pay is decent , and managers are always pushing for promotions
Pros
Easy going, friendly work environment, flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits, rarely get raises
management
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 20, 2017
It wasn't my cup of tea. The environment was always so hostile to even work with any of the coworkers. The customers were really what made the job less desirable ,but overall was not satisfied to continue the job.
Pros
good food
Cons
environment to hostile
Great place with great food.
Woodside - Server (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYJune 19, 2017
What I've learned from working at Boston Market is that helping making sure the customers get what they want and what they deserve. The workplace culture was something different for me, I never experience working in the back moving frozen food.
productive place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2017
Boston Market was a great please to begin my working experience. It was a great environment and I learned many skills there. I'd say the most difficult part of working there was dealing with unkind customers.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad team work
Great place to work but not enough hours
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Shaker Heights, OHJune 17, 2017
I absolutely love working for Boston Market great environment great co-workers gray management at times everybody was on their job how much easier this wasn't enough hours.
Pros
Free lunch meet new people environment very challenging or at times
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits, no set schedule schedule changes every week hard to get a day off to handle business if need be
Fast-Paced work place with friendly work environment
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I would come in to work and put my apron/hair net on, greet my fellow employees and get straight to work, I would go to the kitchen to find tons of catering tickets waiting to be prepped by me to then be delivered to locations all around NYC. The hardest part about my job was probably delivering over 100 lbs of food all by myself with a dolly cart. But the bright side to that had to be finally delivering the food to the customers and greeting them, then setting up all the catering essentials for them properly and in a professional, fast timed manner. I enjoyed seeing the smiles on the customers faces as I completed the task for them so they can enjoy their delicious Boston Market food.
Pros
Discounted Lunches
Cons
10 minute breaks
Long days
Training Manager/ General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 15, 2017
Managers work too many hours throughout the day causing no quality of life. Managers work from 12pm-11pm. All holidays must be worked. Too many menu changes occuring
Restaurant Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 12, 2017
The staff here was great! Very positive environment and user friendly management team. The hiring process was easy. It was located on a military base but they provided everything for me to access the base with ease.
A little bit hard but it's fun.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAJune 10, 2017
A typical day at work would be just simply working, serving customers and give their satisfaction. I have learned a lot about people every time I talk with them. The management is nice, and caring. The hardest part of the job was to serve customers that are not in the mood and then there will be a long line. Sometimes, it's hard to satisfy them, but then again, it's our job to meet their satisfaction. The most enjoyable part is when you see the customers reaction when they leave - the smile that says you did a good job.
Fun workplace
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 10, 2017
Very low stress job. Everyone worked as a fully functioning team member. There was always something to do. Everyone was very carrying and understanding of each other.
Pros
Managers and free food
normal day at restaurant
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15224June 10, 2017
lots of contest to win
easy menu
busy on thanksgiving and Christmas
meet some great people
fast casual
family or personal meals
no late nights or real early mornings
Great place to work, just needs to pay more
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  River Forest, ILJune 10, 2017
This place pretty much taught me everything I know when it comes t customer service. Only problem is I worked there for six years and didn't see the benefits six as advancement and better pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval