Boston Market

Boston Market Employee Reviews

Productive and hard-working with a nice set of coworkers
Server (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 1, 2015
-Fast paced everyday
-Friendly customers
-A lot of tasks to do
-I learned how to use a cashier
-My coworkers were all nice
-a level-headed manager
-The hardest part when it get really BUSY
-but i learned a lot from it
Great
Cashier/Server (Former Employee), Scarsdale, NYJuly 1, 2015
Great assisting people and serving people with delicious mouth watering foods. Co workers were great and made me look forward to coming to work each day
productive , fun
Cashier / Sever (Former Employee), Solon, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: short breaks
Working at Boston Market was fun . I enjoy working with people and I love food . I learned how to prep food ,prepare catering orders and carve chicken .My co-worker and manger was nice most of the time .The customers was sometime rude and difficult but I didn't let it bother me.
Food service is always a tough job!
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 26, 2015
I have a few years under my belt working at Boston Market. I loved my co-workers and my bosses were always great. In the job you can expect to cook, clean, run the registers, serve customers, open and close the store, handle deposits and all paperwork, and try to keep all the employees and customers happy.
okay job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 24, 2015
the job is minimum they don't give that much of days as you need, but total is an average job to take. I didn't mind it honestly.
Fast Pace environment
Cashier and Server (Former Employee), Freeport, NYJune 22, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: short breaks
Pleasure to be an employee at Boston Market. Not only is the foo great but you enjoy seeing the loyal customers time after time. They always give a good word!
Fast-paced and productive
Cashier (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 19, 2015
A typical day includes cleaning the tables after customers leave and keeping the beverage station stocked and clean. Also, restocking desserts and refilling the smoothie machines. Once the restaurant closes, the clean up includes scrubbing and mopping the floors and bathrooms, putting up the chairs in the diner room, cleaning the doors off and rolling silverware.
Productive company and we work as a team.
Cashier/Server (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Half off of food
Cons: We have to eat when we get a chance to. There aren't any breaks.
A typical work day is going into work, washing my hands and getting set up on the register to ring people out. WHen the other staff need help I jump on the serving line. I learned the proportions of sides that need to go on the plate, the register and what different types of chicken you can order. We also sell other protein as well. The management there is very nice and communicate well. I think overall they have a good staff. My co-workers are nice and we like to joke around after business is handled. The hardest part of my job really depends on the day, but it's fairly easy to do everything my job title requires. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers leaving happy because they just bought themselves a yummy dinner. I also enjoy the staff I work with.
A sad place to be.
Carver/Server (Former Employee), Woodside, NYJune 15, 2015
Too much is asked of underpaid employees who do not want to be at work in the first place. Management opportunities are few and far between and the raises are incremental compared to the work you're expected to do.
Productive workplace
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee), East Haven, CTJune 15, 2015
Pros: Co workers
Cons: No quality of life, Managers disrespectful
The work and work ethic at Boston Market weren't bad for the pay. The customer interaction was the highlight of the job, you make friends with the regular customers and they start to look out for your well-being.
it was a fast food place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 13, 2015
Pros: nice hours
Cons: tickets fine because no parking
On a typical day i'll just go out and deliver food in area of boston. Than go back and work in the store and clean. i learn how to follow direction and follow what was told. co-workers was great, never giving me a hard time.
Cool place to work.
Server/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 10, 2015
Come into work. Greet peers. Greeat customers. Begin job. I enjoyed being able to work the back of the house and also working with the customers.
Boston Market is
Cashier/Server/Carver/Prep Cook/Guest Ambassador (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 9, 2015
Cons: Short or no breaks.
A typical day at Boston Market consists of prepping, cleaning, interaction with customers, and handling money. The hardest part is not having all the tools necessary to do your job.
First Job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAJune 9, 2015
Learned to manage employees.
Learned to control food cost .
Learned how to train and coach employees on all work stations .
great experience for me
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 3, 2015
Pros: very flexible with school hours
Cons: all staff works thanksgiving day .its there most busiest day.
everyday was a productive day. I learned so much working here, this is where I learned how to utilize my skills and gained most of my skills. i worked my way up from $6.75 at the time to management pay. i enjoyed working with everyone, the hardest part of the job was trying to cover a shift whenever an employee calls in.
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2015
I miss this place just as much as I miss the eagles nest. Great people there, customers we're always happy, and great food. I can't wait to finally go home and have some Boston Market food again
love my job, and people i work with
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MIJune 2, 2015
Pros: free meals, good environment
Cons: health care
The most enjoyable part of my job is who i work with on a daily basis. I have learned a lot since ive been working here. It has been a good place to work for since i was 15 years old.
It was alright
Protein Handler (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 1, 2015
Relationships between employees are lacking. We were basically discouraged from talking to each other. Things could have been structured better, but no effort was made to improve efficiency.
The job is a job. nothing special, but not horrible either.
Carver (Former Employee), 171-50 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11358June 1, 2015
Pros: Half price on lunches.
Cons: Breaks are only given when the store is not busy.
-Place is dirty, not very clean.
-employee-rs are unfair at times and they have management problems.
-not a "comfortable" environment.

work is smooth and can get hectic at times.
Corporate problems
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee), East Longmeadow, MAMay 30, 2015
The work environment was pretty typical. The staff got along pretty well all around. The only difficulty was the constant hoop jumping required by corporate offices. Mainly in poorly thought out promotions that affected sales. A smaller store was expected to have similar numbers to a larger store on a busier location and that's just not always feasible. While working there, I never felt like corporate gave one thought or care to it's employees. They had constant raise freezes. While getting reviewed positively every year, I saw an increase in pay in my first year when I was promoted to a manager. The subsequent 5 years saw no increase even with positive reviews.

1 2 3 4 5

About Boston Market

Boston Market Corporation, headquartered in Golden, Colorado, has been giving time back to busy people since 1985. We offer – Read more

Boston Market Salaries