Boston Market Employee Reviews

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 19, 2017
This was a great company to work for and they truly care for their employees. The company gives a great discount for meals while clocked in. I would return to this job if the occasion arose.
Pros
Free meals for managers, great discounts for employees
A nice place to meet new people
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXApril 18, 2017
Boston market is overall a nice place to get started rasies are rare i worked with them for eight years without a raise drama within the store was at a high so stay positive smile and procide with a good day
Pros
Was introduced to my future husband
Cons
No breaks
good envioronment excellent service and good food
Medical Assistant Externship Duties (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of me prepping food and washing dishes
I learned how to storage food at the right temperature and date for it to be used by
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
fast serving american home cooking
Server\cashier (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 17, 2017
Boston Market was my first job and I worked with my best friend! I usually enjoyed working here but sometimes it could be really stressful. I felt I had good co-workers, we all worked as a team. I also loved the management, they were always there to help and good at listening to concerns.
Pros
good management, good teamwork
Cons
stressful at times, really fast pace at times
Good working environment
Vector Marketing- Tuscaloosa, AL (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 16, 2017
I love to work with others. I always have a smile on my face. Working with others allows me to understand ideas from their discussions and I can add to mine.
A productive and relaxed work place.
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 14, 2017
Boston Market was a wonderful first time job for those who have little to none work experience. The Management allows to grow and learn from your mistakes. The management always have you constantly working working even when the business is slow. They always make sure there restaurant is always up to code. The hardest part of the job I would say would be closing, making sure all your stations are clean up in a efficient time period.
Pros
Good benefits and reasonable breaks.
Cons
Mess making.
April 20, 2017

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Great food and a place to come to chat , has wifi for people with laptops and phones
Cashier/Drive Thru Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 10, 2017
I work at Boston Market and everyday is a different day there, I learn new things and teach new things. The food is like a five-star *****. I love my team and overall management and customers.
Pros
great deals, special offers, coupons
Cons
no benefits, short breaks
April 20, 2017

Your review made us smile! We can tell that you're someone who embraces the vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work in Milwaukee!

High pressure but rewarding job when done right
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 10, 2017
It's a good place to find experience and grow as a person. It's a high volume store it teaches you to move quickly and think on your feet. While giving out great service to our guest.
Pros
Good team synergy, good team enviroment, great managers
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work that has to be done
April 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working for Boston Market. We welcome all feedback and are committed to earning your compliments and hearing your suggestions. We're thrilled to hear that working for Boston Market has allowed you to grow as a person, and you're working in a positive team environment! It's people like you that make Boston Market an excellent place to work!

Hard work, but terrific staff
Server/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Goshen, PAApril 8, 2017
Boston Market restaurant had me on the front lines working directly with the customer. I made sure to provide above and beyond service along with their meals. My job was to greet the customer as they entered the restaurant, take their orders (and offer my suggestions whenever needed), put their meals together and wish them a nice day. If there was no line in the store, I would walk around the restaurant and check up on the customers. Overall, I enjoyed my time working at Boston Market and would recommend working there.
Pros
Food is 50% off (up to $10)
Cons
No specific breaks
April 10, 2017

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing that you have such a positive experience working for Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

the crappiest job in the world...
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLApril 8, 2017
I hate my job. my managers are unprofessional and childish.. my pay isn't enough for the amount of work required. I will not recommend this job to anybody.
April 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Boston Market. We welcome all feedback and are committed to earning your compliments and hearing your suggestions. We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with your management team. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve.

Productive with some down time
Server (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 6, 2017
Fun and cool co workers and management team, friendly team overall. I looked forward to working here because a lot of workers knew a lot of the customers because they came here often, so that means they must like the service and food here.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not a lot of downtime
April 10, 2017

We're glad to hear that working for Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Ok
HSM hourly shift manager run shift of employees (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 6, 2017
The co.pany is OK to work forit could pay more but its an OK company.the job you can meet new people and some of the workers are very friendly some management is OK .
Pros
Good food
Flexible
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2017
It very flexible to work at Boston market and you will experience how a fast food cooperate. You will also gain experience with customer service, how to greet a guests and serve
April 10, 2017

Thank you for your positive review. We're happy to hear that you your experience working for Boston Market was a good one, and you gained great customer service experience.

as an employee stand point they dont care about anyone but boston market
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDApril 5, 2017
they don't care about real life problems, all they care about is there schedule and I get it but at some point you have to draw he line............................
Clean Enviorment
Carver (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJApril 5, 2017
Service, customers, and energy all positive. Managers are well trained and experienced to teach and give lessons to the next employee. Clean work space for better work experience.
April 10, 2017

Thank you for the feedback! We're thrilled to hear the energy was positive and your managers were well trained and helpful.

Not a fun workplace
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Countryside, ILApril 4, 2017
This job is just for starters to gain experience. But i am ready to move forward in life and gain experience elsewhere. I have been working at this location going on two years this year.
Pros
50% employee discount.
Cons
Everyone isnt treated fairly.
alright
Server (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 4, 2017
This is a very very busy and fast paced business, tons of customers and happy people coming in to enjoy a nice healthy lunch and dinner, lovely staff!!
April 10, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Boston Market. We're glad you enjoyed the fast paced environment, interacting with customers, and the lovely staff!

Fast pace enviorment friendly people, good food
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  San Jose,caApril 4, 2017
It's a good place to work especially for students that need a job that will work with a their school schedule. nice people good food but little room for advancement.
Pros
Flexible hours, learn a variety of skills
Cons
Not much pay, little room for advancement., No holiday pay
April 10, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we're sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve.

productive workplace with fun people
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDApril 3, 2017
go to work wash dishes sometimes serv costumers food usually no problems sometimes fast but some help so good to work here . I learned how to run a cashier and serv costumers food and different types of meats and food. good management kept the place organized. very good workplace culture. hardest part of job was when we got really busy and I was still learning all the meats and products and was to make trays just training period. most enjoyable part of job was meeting new people and feeling lke not only am I helping the company but myself too by learning and being respectful.
very fun workplace if you love staying busy and interacting with people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 28, 2017
Boston market is far from the typical workplace. Everyday is something new. We never know how busy we will get from day to day. From meal preparations to making sure our guest are comfortable and satisfied goes a long way. Boston market is far more than just preparing and selling food. From a managers view point, we have to think big, bold and be brave. We have to lead by example if we want our employees to be the best. Mangers have to make sure the store is clean, money is right and customer service even greater! We are not allowed to have bad days because everything we do is showcased to our crew and when the head of the shift is not on guard, that leaves space for anything to happen other than what is supposed to happen. The hardest part is trying to make the best out of situations. when we are short staffed or the equipment may not be operating the right way when we have lines out the door can be a little overwhelming but we do what we have to do and keep a smile on our faces. At the end of the day the best part was seeing the smiles and feedback from our guests noticing our hard work and complimenting myself and crew for maintaining the positive energy and attitudes.
April 10, 2017

Your review made us smile! We can tell you're someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.