Boston Market Employee Reviews in United States

Not somewhere I'd recommend working.
Cook/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAOctober 30, 2015
Boring workplace with rushed training.
The company only cares about their profits, not their employees.
There is very little opportunity for advancement here and you will most likely be working near minimum wage for as long as you work here.
Pros
Cons
No given breaks, low pay, rushed training, little room for advancement, no incentive to actually try to be a good employee.
Good place & Community just certain complications
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYAugust 24, 2015
I Mean its a good job just have to be ready for People with attitudes and neglectfulness. But other than that its a good job some employees need to work on not taking their personal life into their work life it affects others. I learned that you have to struggle every day and come to work even in your worst days just to make another person satisfied and build a healthy relationship with your customers. The hardest part for me was having to many co-workers on your back to do something for them and that would slow me and my task down or when they would start arguing in the back room and involve other people that had nothing to do with it . My most enjoyable part of the job is closing time and making sure everything is clean and ready for the next day and of course pay day was the best of it all !
strong team to work with
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 18, 2016
Start off preparing food for the day. Analyze prep charts, and go over with cooks amount of food to get started. Scheduled daily employee positions to best serve for each day. Co-workers were the most fun here, great group of people. Hardest part of job was anytime crew did not show up to work, made everything a little harder to manage. Best part was preparing great food, for a great price.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
restaraunt hours are long...
Fast and a really good place to work
Cashier/Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 17, 2015
A typical day was pretty fast. Since Iv'e worked there I learned how to work with others, and take constructive criticism. Most of the managers were fair and were good leaders. My co-workers made coming into work worth it. The hardest part of the job was the rude customers. The most enjoyable was when we would pass our secret shops.
Pros
50% off any food
Cons
Not enough benifits or raises
Productive and free workplace.
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day working at Boston Market was fun. The staff was fun and so was the managers. But at the same time it was a business. Working at Boston Market I learned a lot. I learned that working in customer service you have to have a lot of patience. The hardest part about working there was dealing with some of the rude customers and the best part about working there was the environment. Mostly everyone there was friendly.
Pros
You get an hour break
Cons
You had to pay for lunch.
This company has made many changes that is making it difficult for seasoned employees to work there.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 1, 2015
I have been with this company for over 4 years now. I really did enjoy working for the company. I worked hard to move up and become the assistant general manager of a store. Unfortunately though, in recent years, there has been many changes to the company itself and cooperate management. It makes us already seasoned employees feel very uncomfortable to work there feeling like they want a newer staff.
Pros
Free lunches for managers
Cons
Alot of mixed communication with upper managment
Very fun people, everyone did their job independently or as a team.
Back-Up (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at Boston Market was always busy, busy, busy, busy. You had to come up with an individual plan of your own to keep up with the flow of the store. Especially when large families came in which meant a large order, it was my job to make sure they never ran out of anything in the front. The servers were a big help in the beginning of my position, they had taught themselves how to prepare certain items like the corn and steam veggies so I could kill some time getting something together they were about to run out, we truly worked as a team!!
A sad place to be.
Carver/Server (Former Employee) –  Woodside, NYJune 15, 2015
Too much is asked of underpaid employees who do not want to be at work in the first place. Management opportunities are few and far between and the raises are incremental compared to the work you're expected to do.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 12, 2015
You have a great atmosphere with amazing employees who all work hard. Everyone does their part and are typically very friendly. Don't think if your a cashier thats all you'll be doing. Everyone does a bit of everything such as cleaning, stocking, etc.
Cons
short or no breaks
Loved working with the crew
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The most thing I enjoyed was the crew I worked with. I liked that we could all get a long as a family, and work together to keep the shift running. I did not like the way it was organized, and how short staffed we were. We wouldn't have people to cover people's sick shifts, and if you were sick, they would make you come in, even though you should stay home.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
coming in when you're sick
Fun but Hard Work
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Being a manager at Boston Market really made me grow into the role of a leader and a just learning about myself overall. Ive seen and worked with a lot of people and I must say its actually been fun working there. There a lot of policies we must abide for the customer and I don't like it all that much, but it does teach me how to deal with people and try my absolute best to get the utmost satisfaction from the customer.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
very short staff. get called in a lot. very hard to get days off.
Hialeah boston market
Handling (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 2, 2015
overall bad. Worst place to have a job at. They overwork you over there and never appreciate anything. Please avoid eating here at HIALEAH because you might end up getting food poison or sick from expired food or them using disgusting water in there food
Pros
bad management in Hialeah
Cons
Nothing.
Great Workplace with genuine hospitality,
Carver/Utility (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 5, 2016
Fast paced customer service environment assisting orders of general public. Over time you will learn seeing a customer leave with a smile on their face and excited to come back became a true passion into my work ethic. Most importantly everybody is family even more a team so it never makes a hard day on the job .
Pros
Interacting with Customers
Cons
No Overtime
Assistant Manager
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 28, 2015
I been working at Boston Market full-time (3 or more years). To assume overall responsibility of restaurant operations in general manager's absence. Build store profitability by following established procedures. Operate and ensure compliance with prescribed policies and practices. Assist with the recruitment and training of restaurant employees. Participate in building brand image in the local community.
Pros
We have a hard working, but fun culture at Boston Market, We believe in engaging our employees and hope they will in turn engage with our guests
Cons
Distance to work, few holidays to share with family
productive environment where you learn to deal with customers.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, New YorkOctober 12, 2015
A typical day at work would be counting my register in order to open up my station. Once I'm done counting, I check my station to see if theres any stocking to be done. I there is i write it down on a piece of paper and go to the stocking room to bring out the stuff i need. Later, after everything is done i am ready for the customers to come in the store and serve them the food they want. The hardest part of the job is to deal with customers who are disrespectful. When customers act like that i try to calm them down by offering them my apology, but if that doesn't work i call my manger in duty to try to explain to the customers why they shouldn't be upset or why the price came to the amount. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to communicate with those customers who treat you very friendly. I was able to keep up a conversation with them.
Unprofessional and overall a terrible job
All Postions (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 7, 2016
Management was so unprofessional and they treated you like you were worthless. Pay was decent but that is about it! A typical day at work was stressful and there was the constant urge to quit. Nobody washed their hands!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Everything else
Poor Management
Cashier - For (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 4, 2016
Don't respect the employee and very poor management. One of the very few company that doesn't want to give rise. Learned how to deal with difficult customer and most enjoyable part was to work as a team which made the job a lot easier.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low pay, doesn't give rise
Productive and fun place to work with great food
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDMarch 14, 2016
The customers were great to service and have great conversation that developed an outstanding relationship. When you have a great team to work with in a day it intends to fly by and its time to clock out before you know it.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Lack of hours
Productive and Worth Investing In.
Catering Driver (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMarch 28, 2015
A typical day at work was always fast paced and all about time management. I learned how to use an order sheet and better organizational skills. Management was great! They were always on top of their game and willing to help in areas you lack by teaching other methods. Co workers were very social which made it a friendly environment. A diverse company. The hardest part of the job was making enough time to make sure you'd get to the destination on time whether there was traffic or not. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customer satisfied with the service and the food.
Benefits
Very busy but great, close enviornment
Server (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 22, 2016
We have many spikes of business during certain hours. It almost seems as if the line never ends. Its very clean and tedious work. The people are friendly, close, and understanding. We tend not to have a lot of problems between the co-workers.