Boston Market

Boston Market Employee Reviews

fast past work enviorment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2015
mostly had to make what the costumers wanted and used the cashier. also had to do the dishes at night when we were closing and had to make sure the lobby was always clean.
Pros
nice people
Cons
rude costumers
Productive, fun, and educational.
Server and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PANovember 22, 2015
My typical day at work is busy and frustrating but also fun. I learned how to deal with customers that may not always be in the best mood like I am. The management is easy to work with and understanding. my co-workers are productive and fun. The hardest part of the job is balancing school and work while working till 10pm on a school night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers. Everyone is so happy, funny, and willing to help.
Pros
Pay more then minimum wage
Cons
Don't work with me when it comes to the holidays
Tried being to much
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 20, 2015
Boston Market was a good concept but tried being too many things at once.

They expanded too quickly and then were unable to maintain.
Management was always helpful.
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILNovember 18, 2015
I enjoyed working for Dovenmuehle. I enjoyed helping solve customer service problems with customers to have favorable outcome.
Pros
Caring company and employees
Cons
A lot of complaint calls.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 12, 2015
You have a great atmosphere with amazing employees who all work hard. Everyone does their part and are typically very friendly. Don't think if your a cashier thats all you'll be doing. Everyone does a bit of everything such as cleaning, stocking, etc.
Cons
short or no breaks
fun place to work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 9, 2015
I got the change to learn from my GM that really cared about the food and the customer's. You really get to meet a lot of nice people that depend on you to feed them .
Pros
growth if you wanted it
Cons
had to do 13 hr's over time every week and fill in if someone didn't come in
Great place to start working
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lindenhurst, NYNovember 9, 2015
account for inventory
manage shifts daily
handle customer problems
count draws at end of day
make bank drops
work all holidays
Fun & safe work environment
Cashier & Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2015
I loved how you could be professional & have fun at the same time; there were rules/guidelines to ensure safety of all employees but managers treated you like an equal,while still keeping it professional & known that they're in charge.
Pros
50% off meals for your break; listened to music while you cleaned after close.
Cons
some employees were unfriendly, had attitudes.
productive work place and fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 3, 2015
The day is usually fast pace and slows down during the night. I learned to work in fast pace and gained listening and communication skills and customer service. the hardest part of the job was doing my job and someone else job because he didn't want to schedule people for that position. the co-workers were friendly and was helpful.
Hialeah boston market
Handling (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLNovember 2, 2015
overall bad. Worst place to have a job at. They overwork you over there and never appreciate anything. Please avoid eating here at HIALEAH because you might end up getting food poison or sick from expired food or them using disgusting water in there food
Pros
bad management in Hialeah
Cons
Nothing.

Want to know more about Boston Market?

Ask a question
cashier/cook
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 31, 2015
Setting up the store hot case by preparing the food. Wasn't room for advancement. I enjoyed working with the coworkers. Didn't like getting burned occasionally
Pros
half off meals
Cons
no room for advancement
Not somewhere I'd recommend working.
Cook/Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAOctober 30, 2015
Boring workplace with rushed training.
The company only cares about their profits, not their employees.
There is very little opportunity for advancement here and you will most likely be working near minimum wage for as long as you work here.
Pros
Cons
No given breaks, low pay, rushed training, little room for advancement, no incentive to actually try to be a good employee.
Typical fast food restaurant experience with a more family feeling.
Cashier/Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 25, 2015
Working at Boston Market was like working with family. The customers that came in were pleasant. The General Manager was nice and corrected your mistakes in a professional manner almost all of the time.
the job in general
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 24, 2015
I had good co-workers at my job, the management was ok, the hardest part of the job is falling behind on somebody else's shift because there're to lazy to do it, most enjoyable part of the job is a half discount meals and what I've learned about the job is never try to work for a job that doesn't give you any raises in a corrupted cooperation.
Pros
Talk to people and food half off
Cons
doen't provide any raises.
Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NjOctober 22, 2015
This job is good I enjoyed working there good workers. The customers was also good. My first job an loved it. Would work there again.
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed working at Boston Market. The food is great as well. The guests were very friendly and the staff as well .I learned a lot here about chicken and the food we cooked and served.
Very Good College Job
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Shirley, NYOctober 19, 2015
Boston Market is a very good college job. They are very flexible with school schedules.

From Boston Market I've learned a lot about how restaurants are run and managed.

Sometimes they stress things that then are irrelevant shortly after but they mean good.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Inconsistent with Demands
Great team members
Carver (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 15, 2015
I loved my co-workers and management was competent. Hours were not sufficient or consistent. Too many part time high school workers when family oriented hard working people constantly had hours cut.
Pros
Free food at end of shift
Cons
Too many Part Time workers, no chance for advancement
productive environment where you learn to deal with customers.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, New YorkOctober 12, 2015
A typical day at work would be counting my register in order to open up my station. Once I'm done counting, I check my station to see if theres any stocking to be done. I there is i write it down on a piece of paper and go to the stocking room to bring out the stuff i need. Later, after everything is done i am ready for the customers to come in the store and serve them the food they want. The hardest part of the job is to deal with customers who are disrespectful. When customers act like that i try to calm them down by offering them my apology, but if that doesn't work i call my manger in duty to try to explain to the customers why they shouldn't be upset or why the price came to the amount. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to communicate with those customers who treat you very friendly. I was able to keep up a conversation with them.
Spoken to like I didnt matter pushed around and forced to do other people job...
Prep/Cook (Former Employee) –  Plantation,FLOctober 12, 2015
I was fired twice for something I didn't do . Then I was apologized to then called back to return to work both times. I also had a co-worker went through the same thing...My Store manager was always late, there were time she didn't show up....terriblle
Pros
talking to customers i loved it..
Cons
management6....Trisha Watson