Boston Market Employee Reviews

Nice job just a number not a person
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Great job just all about numbers it’s sad really could be a really good place all negative bright up nothing positive to much for a gm to do with not the pay

Acceptable part time job
Cook/Server/Cashier/Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, IL 60187February 1, 2018
This job was fine for when I was a high school student, but I would not recommend it past that. The typical work day was fine, with fairly constant customer traffic. Management changed often, which meant methods of execution changed often, making my job more difficult than it needed to be.
February 2, 2018

Multi tasking and team building is the way to go
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJFebruary 1, 2018
Depending on the day, sometimes it can be very slow or very busy. Cooperating with your team is crucial and at times can be tiring but your not alone in this. The hardest thing is the mid day rush and weekends. I was never bored working here.
February 2, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. Good luck with your future endeavors!

It was a very hard place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Pikesville, MDJanuary 31, 2018
It was a very hard place to work but i changed that for that company but giveing that job my all ...all my smiles all my sweat not in the food of course but when it can do to the cleaning i didnt give it 50% i gave it a 100% and i treated everyboby like they was in my family
February 2, 2018

Thank you for your great review! We love hearing you’ve had such a positive experience working at Boston Market. It is people like you that make Boston Market a great place to work!

friendly, fast paced company with great food.
Server (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIJanuary 31, 2018
I most enjoy my job when managers and customers are pleased and satisfied with my work ethic. Showing appreciation will make a person go the extra mile when taking care of any situation.
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
February 2, 2018

We’re glad to hear that working at Boston Market was such a positive experience for you. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Productive work place
Catering Specialist/Driver (Former Employee) –  7240 Torresdale AveJanuary 31, 2018
At Boston Market you move from being a regular staff associate, to certified traininer, to shift manager, to assistant manager, to general manager, area manager, regional manager. If you work hard and stay the course, advancement is possible
Pros
Gain valuable experience in food service
Cons
lack of motivation among fellow staff members
February 2, 2018

We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Good luck with your future endeavors!

It was great to work there
Boston market casheir (Former Employee) –  Yonkers newyorkJanuary 30, 2018
I really lime some of tbe stsff the hours were conveniant and i like serving the customers i had a few promblems with other employees but got threw it i really like the food too
Pros
Great atomophere
Cons
Fast pastecoulx be stressfull
February 2, 2018

Not efficient or realistic expectation of workers
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 30, 2018
The Manager was very disrespectful and unprofessional.
Favoritism for certain employees also biased, (sexist) will treat women differently than a man.
February 2, 2018

Thanks for the feedback, we’re committed to creating a comfortable and collaborative environment for employees so we’re disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value and consider all feedback and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Every day is Thanksgiving.
Catering Driver (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PA 19464January 29, 2018
With catering, you're not in the store much. You come, help load the meal and then take off to the establishment that placed the order. You set up the order so that it's ready when the company goes to lunch. It's fun workplace culture when you are in the store. The hardest part is smelling the food while driving to your locations. The most enjoyable part is having a meal on break.

hostile enviroment work place
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2018
I'm very frustrated because in 3 years I'm not been training appropriate with the company computer program to do my job more accurate, and even report to my area manager she don't do it anything to fixed. this is one of the main reason that want to leave the company. and the area manager is seem that she unfair person selfish.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I never had break

cashier
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2018
i handle the money and served food. at the job i worked as a cashier, server, prep cook sometimes a line cook. i was in charge of taking orders from the customers and i also serve the customers.
January 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, good luck with your future endeavors!

General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJanuary 28, 2018
Had a lot of support from my DM to make sure that our management team was successful. Weekly meetings whit management and DM to discuss results and make necessary changes for upcoming week.
Pros
Not micro managed

fast pace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJanuary 27, 2018
great pleople to work for, mostly same custumers, after while you learn their names so it becomes more like family, the hardest part of the job is the clossing because we have to scrub the floors every other day, i really enjoy working with people
Pros
frendly
Cons
pay
January 30, 2018

Stressful at times but boring at other times.
Hourly Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 25, 2018
Working here really depended on your coworkers and the customers. The customers could be really friendly or really stressful and if sales were not forecasted correctly, the dinner rush was very stressful. When I became a supervisor, things became even more stressful as everyone would need me at the same time and I'd have to handle all complaints.
Pros
Half off meals for regular employees, Free meal for HSS
Cons
It's the food industry.
January 30, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we’re sorry to hear your experience was mixed. We take all feedback into consideration and are always looking for ways to improve. Good luck with your future endeavors!

Very Productive
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 24, 2018
The Manager Didnt Make Things Hard On Me It Was A Great Job I Got To Meet New Faces And Making Them Happy About Coming Here To Eat Team Leaders Wasnt Hard On Me They Always Helped Me If I Didnt Know Something
January 30, 2018

They over work there staffs and to much gossiping
Clean Plates- Clean equipment Back up Cook (Former Employee) –  University Heights, OH 44118January 24, 2018
The management is bad and lazy and they don't know how to train their staffs the store is always dirty, and they don't keep up with their products.....

work place
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2018
Job could be stressful at times and not a good fit for quality of life. Required hours per week were 52. Upper management was a pleasure to work with.
Pros
free meals

Great Environment with people
Cashier/Catering Driver (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 21, 2018
I learned so much at Boston Market. I learned that I am great with customer service. Always complete my duties as a cashier or as a catering driver. I leaned to make sure my customers are highly satisfied before they leave the building.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Slow days
January 23, 2018

Your review made us smile! We can tell you’re someone who embraces our vision, mission, and values at Boston Market. Thank you for sharing your insight and keep up the great work.

great job place and very competitive
carver utility (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJanuary 19, 2018
Ive learned alote since ive been there and i am currently learning more the managers are very nice and good at understanding it may take time to learn and progress in the company. There is no hard part of the day it is what you make it. we serve food that even grandmoms and moms would be proud of and put a smile on. the best of the day is when customers come in and we make them feel at home. we work to make the customer happy and feel like there at home
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
January 23, 2018

Not an ideal job not room for advancement very poor standards
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 19, 2018
Boston Market in my eyes is a company to work for part time to pay some extra bills. There is no culture or energy in boston market. they need a better trying program to train employee's and manager's.
Pros
Having a job, Gaining experience
Cons
Poor standards, Boston Market as a company is stagnant.
January 23, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.