Boston Market

Boston Market Employee Reviews

It was okay, but I think they need to work out some things.
Cashier (Former Employee), Aspen Hill, MDMay 27, 2015
Cons: have to pay for your own meals
Typical day at work, I get in, say hello to my managers and co-workers, and then get to work, Management was okay enough But one of my managers seemed not to care about the health of their employees which is never a good way to manage a business, my co-workers were pleasant enough, The hardest part of the job was having to stay until after midnight, even though the store was closed. but everything else was actually fine.
A typical day
Back up and Carver (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMay 26, 2015
Pros: fast pace job
Cons: part-time job
My typical day in boston market was serving/making foods for other people, providing customer service. My co-worker are great, we have great team work. What i learned in boston market was learning how to cook, customer service, and how to handled different job.
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Union, NJMay 25, 2015
this place is fun. it has it ups and downs. you have to be strong to carry heavy boxes to work their. the staff is really friendly welcoming
Very Productive
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Alexandria, VaMay 19, 2015
Pros: Close to home.
Cons: No benefits
Great place of employment plus a great staff. A typical work day is usually busy at lunchtime and slow at night. The hardest part of the job was closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was my managers, they made Boston Market comfortable.
I love the restaurant environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Blasdell, NYMay 14, 2015
I love the restaurant environment. Everything about it, serving, prepping and cooking food, cleaning, fast-pace, etc. The hardest part about the job was working long hours, up to 15 hours per day.
Hard working food industry
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2015
Fully Experienced what it takes to be in the food industry.
Fun co- workers.
Gets very busy and sometimes had know how to have patience, but that's what it comes with dealing in the food industry.
Stressful and Unorganized Work Place
Hourly Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), St. PetersburgMay 11, 2015
Pros: Management gets free meal
Cons: Pay, lack of organization, lack of communication
A typical day as a Boston Market Hourly Shift Supervisor is filed with tons of stress. This was my first management job, so in that aspect I did learn a lot about management, but there was still so much to learn that I was never taught. The GM of this store never left his office, nor did he ever compliment anyone's work. As the manager you are expected to predict how much meat you will sell throughout the day because they all take more than an hour to cook. They have a system that predicts how much you will make but this is never correct. The employees do not respect the management and the management does nothing about it. Overall, working at this store was a great experience but the lack of communication between the managers and the stress are not worth the minimal pay.
Daily restaurant visits to coach and develop my team to help improve guest service and food quality.
Area Manager (Former Employee), RI/MAMay 11, 2015
In a typical day at work I would visit one or two of my 11 restaurants. During my visit I would work side by side with the managers to verify guest service and food quality.

I learned about HR responsibilties and employee relations. I also learned how to read a diagnos a P&L statement.

I enjoyed working with my managers and developing them into succesful leaders. I also enjoyed identifying potential future leaders to develop and promote.
Reasonably equipped crew with a good management team
Cashier (Former Employee), Sandy Plains Rd., GAMay 8, 2015
Pros: Half price lunches, good managers
Cons: Indecisive corporate office
A typical day at work would start around four P.M. when myself and the rest of the night crew would clean up after whatever the morning crew couldn't finish. Afterwards we would quickly replace whatever food we needed to before our dinner rush started. During the rush our management would always lend us a hand and get the customers in and out in a timely but pleasant manner. The only issue I ever saw was that when corporate would come in they would get in the way of the crew and complain that we weren't moving fast enough.
Enjoyed working there until the company was sold
General Manger (Former Employee), Northfield, NJMay 5, 2015
Boston market was a company I could believe in. The food was good and the management was solid. There was room for growth until the company was sold and the product deteriorated.
Good job for first employment
Cashier/Certified Trainer (Former Employee), Bloomfield, MIMay 2, 2015
Pros: Meet a lot a good people
Cons: It worked for me at the time
I enjoyed working at Boston Market, I was just getting out of high school and I didn't have a lot of job experience. I learned a lot working there. I became a certified trainer while working there for 3 years.
Productive and a very good learning environment
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLApril 30, 2015
In a day of being at Boston market i would have 6 or 7 employees while i am running shift . The first thing i would do is check my loads to make sure we will not run out of poultry product and then proceed to make sure we have everything we need for the night time shift. The day would go by smooth and then at the end of my shift i would close down the draws and count the money as well as in the safe before i leave for the night to make sure everything is the same. The hardest thing about being a manager is that i can't have my eyes everywhere in the store so its sometimes difficult to keep an eye on everything but i make sure I'm never in the office and always helping my crew . The most enjoyable part of this job is the fact that i have the responsibility and i learn a lot everyday , i am eager to learn new things and perfect it to my best ability.
very diverse customer base
Carver (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 29, 2015
Set up store for opening,which included setting up dining area and carving station,start chicken in cooker, and putting out sanitizing buckets. i learned to deal with many types of people which was the best part of the day.
OUTGOING OPENMINDED PEOPLE TO BE AROUND
Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2015
Pros: HALF PRICE LUNCH
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
ASSISTED CUSTOMERS BY PROVIDING INFORMATION AND RESOLVING THEIR COMPLAINTS.BOSTON MARKET WAS A FAMILY /COUPLES RESTAURANT THAT WE ALL LOVE EATING FROM.
Fast paced with good staff
preparation cook (Former Employee), clearwater, flApril 28, 2015
Pros: discount on days you work
Cons: hours
it was great working here besides the hours i got, pay was good cant really complain but i wish i had gotten to work there longer than 9 days
Get along well with co workers
Cashier (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Half off on meals
Cons: No breaks
Its not a day that goes by that boston market is very productive, every work place does not have to be bland and boring and boston market is not one of those places.
very protective and fun
Server and Cashier (Current Employee), Shaker Heights, OHApril 24, 2015
everyone is friendly and easy to get along with
setting the sales floor is very fun and entertaining .......
managers is really lenient towards school and other work schedules
A fun, fast paced work environment with plenty of learning opportunities
Cashier (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Opportunity for a break and 50% off on a meal
There is plenty of work to do on a typical day. I've done anything from working on the register and customer service to food prep. I learned quite a bit, honed my customer service skills and time management skills even more. Everyone there was super friendly, co-workers, managers, and customers alike and communication came very easily with all of them. The hardest part of the job was mostly getting a hang of the smaller details, figuring out where everything went, learning food that was served and the prices of each dish. The most enjoyable parts was interacting with customers and co-workers, food prep, and serving/bussing the tables.
A good work place for a first time job
Carver, Cashier, Cook (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Nice people and reasonable hours
Cons: No free food, No short breaks ex.............
The work experience is normal and the management is OK. Great coworkers, Overall not a bad place to have a steady job.Your opinions and experience will always be respected
it was a horrible place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Fresh Meadows, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: i had to pay for food
Cons: breaks were okay
the managers were so rude and self centered. at first i liked it there because the customers were not so bad, it was the managers who were very rude.
Headquarters