Boston Market Employee Reviews

It was a great and fun job.
Food & Customer Service Staff (Former Employee) –  17507 Preserve Walk Ln.April 27, 2017
I love the company the pay is nice also since i was in school they helped me work around my school schedule. And we strived very hard to keep our customers happy and restuarant clean.
Pros
Staff, Location Management
Cons
N/a
Boston Market great first permanent job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Newington, CTApril 27, 2017
boston market was my first full permanent job and ive enjoyed my time there the coporation as a whole is very outstanding and a learning experience as a whole
productive
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAApril 26, 2017
learn a lot of new things. I was a craver and enjoyed it to the fullest. I loved it more because it proved to be a difficult task for me rather than what I was use too and I worked at getting better day after day and I because a pro so to speak.
Unpleasant work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXApril 26, 2017
A typical day working at Boston Market was basically feeling like an outcast all day.What I learned from working there is that you can't work in a positive environment if you isolated to one building and the employee and management is often arguing.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Hearing arguements between staff
Boston Market
Multi-Unit General Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 25, 2017
Inventory, schedules and review of P&l are a must. I enjoy the team that is created and working as one. Boston Market follows one way of doing things.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Surprises that can shake you
Boston Market Review.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 25, 2017
While working at Boston Market I enjoyed the good times and not the few bad times. Boston Market is a fast paced work environment where you have to do your job as expected or risk fallinf behind as with anyother job. Overal the pay is ok , the free lunch is good and paid holiday is good also. I would recommend working Bosting Market for beginning people who have no job but not for college graduates who have a degree that can get them a better paying & better job overall.
Pros
free lunches, paid holidays.
Cons
short breaks, fast work
Fun but boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 25, 2017
I worked a slow store and when they closed it I was on a week off and they transferred me to another store but I would call every week to see if I was working but nothing ever happened
Pros
free drinks and nice coworkers
Cons
pay, managment, ect
Learning new skills. Great first job! Fast pace!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIApril 25, 2017
Good Job to have on resume
Pays higher than minimum wage
Plenty of opportunity to move up in the Company
Flexible hours
If you sign up for the right program Boston market will help pay for some of your school
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Holidays are a must
It's Ok, not the best
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2017
I've worked at 2 different Boston markets in my life. The first one was in NJ , and it was probably the best job I've ever had. Maybe because it was located in a small & quiet town and the activity in minimal.I worked there for about a year. The staff I worked with felt like family and we all knew how to fit to each others needs. The schedule was super flexible, but I was still doing overtime every single day and it was really tiring.
But then I moved down to Tampa, Florida. I was rehired at a Boston market there and expected it to be as rewarding and it was not. Management here did not care about how the workers felt about the overwhelming schedule, and would give people double shifts without permission and the staff had a supreme lack of communication. I was miserable and wanted to quit immediately, I had not lasted more than 2 months here. Many people there left without notice and they continue to, this place is a revolving door of employees.You're also not allowed a break or lunch if you're not a minor, being over 18 in this place means you work harder and double.
Overall, this job is ok if you know the location well. Working in the food business will get tiring and requires hard work. I suggest looking somewhere else for a job.
Pros
Discount food & sometimes free
Cons
Customers fuss a lot over food quality, tips aren't allowed, schedules are terrible if you're over 18
I enjoyed working there !
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 24, 2017
It was a good environment I enjoyed working there some days was slow and some days was busy but as long I was putting a smile on the customers faces I was okay and comfortable working there !
Its a decent place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 24, 2017
I have worked there for 24 years, I just wanted a change the quality of my life I'm getting older wanting to spend more time with my family. I'm missing out on my grandchildren events at school and other programs that they participate in.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Very high turnover, alway hiring crew members
work place
server, cashier and Drive-thru cashier (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed my experience while working for this company. I've learned many skills, ranging from learning how to work in the food industry, to learning more customer service.
Very good workers
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 24, 2017
At Boston Market the Employers were very nice, very understanding. I learned so many new things. The work place was comfortable very diverse. I had fun advertising free samples
Overall a place were everyone gets long.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2017
As an opening manager we would help set the store up for the day from the front of the house to the back. Throughout the day we would help in service. At night we get everything cleaned up. Learned how to manage a team to give the best service and delivering results.
Pros
Free meals up to $10
Cons
No structure for managers to take breaks to eat.
Good Company
cashier, carver, dishwasher, cook (Former Employee) –  Safety Harbor, FLApril 23, 2017
Boston Market was a fun place to work, however management is not always very well trained. Also Bias is a big factor in promotions, regardless of skills or time in.
Great team enviorment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAApril 22, 2017
You are able to learn many life skills, inside the restaurant as well as the outside. The team work environment encourages people to work together to reach a certain goal.
Productive and fun at work
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cutler Ridge, FLApril 22, 2017
I learned that all customers are work no matter what. A typical day at work is always busy and fast-paced. Management is okay sometimes. There is no hard part about working at Boston Market unless you are short on staff then it can be difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job is working and connecting to customers that come an and having fun with employees at work well working.
Pros
free lunches, etc
Cons
short breaks
May 2, 2017

Thank you for sharing your review of working for Boston Market. We love hearing you enjoy connecting with customers and have fun working with your team. Keep up the great work!

Okay job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYApril 20, 2017
The pay was really good but the management and workers made me dislike the place. Most of the customers were nice and friendly but some of them were very rude and disrespectful.
May 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at Boston Market on Indeed. We're sorry to hear that your experience was a mixed one. It's great to hear that you enjoyed working with customers but are sorry to hear your experience with your team was not as positive. We take all of the feedback we receive on Indeed into consideration and are always looking at how we can do better.

My first Job
Monetary and Food/Beverage Distributor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 20, 2017
I don't have any real negative things to say. This job started me out on the path of how to grow as an adult and deal with people face to face that I didnt know personally.
Pros
fast pace, free lunch
Cons
Boston Market in my opinion just like any job can be fun if you make it fun.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2017
Great place to grow and develop. Awesome environment for people and relations. However it is apart of the restaurant industry, which can be highly demanding. Plenty of Hard work and high expectations for the amount of money paid. Also constant changes to policies and practices, but most of it is to keep up with competitors which is understandable
Pros
People, energy, food, ability to advance
Cons
Pay, hours required
May 2, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience working for Boston Market. We're thrilled to hear you're working in an awesome environment and you've had the opportunity to grow and develop. Thank you for also sharing your feedback regarding the pay and hours as we're always looking for ways to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval