Boston Market Employee Reviews in United States

Good place
HSM (Former Employee) –  NevadaFebruary 20, 2016
It's a good company with some flaws. Some of the management needs some work. Most of the crew are friendly and listen. Hardest part of the job is not knowing what is perfect or not.
On your feet continuous work
Carver/Back up cook/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLFebruary 18, 2016
A typical day at work would be a breeze because i had my own rhythm. I learned better communication skills and money handling skills.
Pros
Discounts and Healthcare
Cons
No Breaks, No free food if employee
I had so much fun working there
Meat Cut & Carve Cook (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAFebruary 10, 2016
This Boston Market store was a M.I.T. store so I trained a lot of the manager there .How to run the back of the house as well as how to run the front of the house .
Pros
Learn everything about chicken there
Cons
Had to quit because I moved to Gloucester
Great Workplace with genuine hospitality,
Carver/Utility (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 5, 2016
Fast paced customer service environment assisting orders of general public. Over time you will learn seeing a customer leave with a smile on their face and excited to come back became a true passion into my work ethic. Most importantly everybody is family even more a team so it never makes a hard day on the job .
Pros
Interacting with Customers
Cons
No Overtime
Great job for someone younger, valuable in learning customer service.
Cashier, Protein Handler, Cook, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAFebruary 2, 2016
Learned every position throughout the years, ultimately being asked to move on to management. Overworked and under payed for the amount of tasks and service I provided. Enjoyed the atmosphere and the people but not the way management handled situations.
Pros
50% food
A nice, productive place to work, with great hours and staff.
PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  Avenel, NJFebruary 1, 2016
I would often work i the back of the store stocking our inventory.
but when I was in the store front i assisted customers to the best of my knowledge with their inquiries.
Productive and free workplace.
Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day working at Boston Market was fun. The staff was fun and so was the managers. But at the same time it was a business. Working at Boston Market I learned a lot. I learned that working in customer service you have to have a lot of patience. The hardest part about working there was dealing with some of the rude customers and the best part about working there was the environment. Mostly everyone there was friendly.
Pros
You get an hour break
Cons
You had to pay for lunch.
great place to work at
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJJanuary 26, 2016
great place to work at great people there , respectful, great personality and fun to work with, great place good experience and good time there.
Pros
pay for lunch
Cons
regular break time
Loved working with the crew
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The most thing I enjoyed was the crew I worked with. I liked that we could all get a long as a family, and work together to keep the shift running. I did not like the way it was organized, and how short staffed we were. We wouldn't have people to cover people's sick shifts, and if you were sick, they would make you come in, even though you should stay home.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
coming in when you're sick
fun place to work
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 16, 2016
I liked working with the people, met some fun and interesting customers. I waited on customers and provided customer service for them. I am a very good dependable worker who get the job done without complaining or any hassles.
Pros
50% discount on meals
Cons
never got to dao anything family related cause I always worked.
Good work enviroment
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day of me at work would be to make sure I had enough food for the store, take care of customers and give my employees task and make sure they are doing their job.
No acknowledgement for employees.
Cook/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLJanuary 12, 2016
No raises, no breaks, barely any opportunities for advancement, no life outside of work, terrible schedules. Great employees though. Very friendly employees and management. Company overall, not so great.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Terrible company to work for
Fun but Hard Work
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Being a manager at Boston Market really made me grow into the role of a leader and a just learning about myself overall. Ive seen and worked with a lot of people and I must say its actually been fun working there. There a lot of policies we must abide for the customer and I don't like it all that much, but it does teach me how to deal with people and try my absolute best to get the utmost satisfaction from the customer.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
very short staff. get called in a lot. very hard to get days off.
simple job with easygoing co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 6, 2016
Depending on the time of day, it will either be busy or very slow. Usually when its slow I try to find something to occupy my time and I usually settle with either cleaning up the main dining area, or focusing on stocking up the display or mini cooler. My co-workers always made my job a lot easier, whether it was passing time with small chit-chat or working together to finish up small tasks. Normally the hardest part of the job is just dealing with the type of customers who are completely obnoxious and offer you no respect no matter how hard you try to serve them in a professional manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is normally going to be who you work with, if you get along with your co-workers like I did then you have nothing to worry about during the day. Oh and the recognition you get for a job well done from customers is pretty nice too.
Pros
discounts on food
Hardwork Little Pay
Drive-Thru Cashier/ Server (Former Employee) –  Township of Ewing, NJJanuary 4, 2016
a typical day at Boston market, you are all over the place, but it all depends on the people you work with if you'll enjoy it or not
productive
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2015
some days where slow like after the holidays where slow but the customers that were regulars where very nice love working driver thru kept me busy
Unfriendly co-workers and managers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CODecember 23, 2015
Assemble plates of food, work register, sweep lobby. I learned to be nice to everyone you meet. My managers and co-workers were slightly rude and negative. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with my managers negative attitudes. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to meet nice friendly people.
Pros
Cornbread
Cons
Cooking , serving and cleaning up food preparation area
cook/server (Former Employee) –  MarylandDecember 22, 2015
• Maintain food service spaces and associated equipment in a clean and sanitary condition.
• Check delivery for quantity and assist medical personnel in inspection for quality.
• Maintain records of financial transactions and submit required reports.
Very fun people, everyone did their job independently or as a team.
Back-Up (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 17, 2015
A typical day at Boston Market was always busy, busy, busy, busy. You had to come up with an individual plan of your own to keep up with the flow of the store. Especially when large families came in which meant a large order, it was my job to make sure they never ran out of anything in the front. The servers were a big help in the beginning of my position, they had taught themselves how to prepare certain items like the corn and steam veggies so I could kill some time getting something together they were about to run out, we truly worked as a team!!
Alright for a part time job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJDecember 13, 2015
I worked only for a couple months and to be honest the manager was very rude to the employee and the costumers also so that made it hard to like the job, overall i enjoyed the people and the food is also very good.
Pros
free lunch/dinner
Cons
not enough pay.