Boston Market Employee Reviews

Back Up Chef (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2017
its HARD work
8 hours standing , hardest part having to clean, scrub at night
I learned school is important and this job is temporary and i need a RAISE
Ok workplace
Cashier/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 10, 2017
As a company this is an okay place to work. If you're looking for some where to make ends meet this place is for you. Management could be improved. Pay is not great for the amount of work you are required to do. My overall grade of this place would be a C.
fun workplace.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAFebruary 9, 2017
due to my background being Haitian born and raise in Haiti I been always dreaming working my behind off to provide my family food and a place to live I been working at Boston market for about five years now I know I can work and know that I can do any task if anyone give me the chance to do it.
Pros
free lunches good place to work.
Cons
no cons.
A decent place for low skill employment
Cart Pusher/Attendant (Current Employee) –  Union, NJFebruary 8, 2017
Positives: Boston market offers a friendly work place with very nice managers and coworkers. For a first job with somebody with no skill is a good step in the right direction.

Negatives: Boston Market offers low pay per hour with very little to no benefits.

Overview: I am very grateful Boston Market offered me my first job however realizing that there were better job in the market I had to move on within a year.
Productive fun interesting at times
Cater Driver (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 7, 2017
Always double check everything, always call contact before delivery, assist cooks and management with getting your order together, keep all equipment clean.
Pros
Working with great people Explore the city
Cons
Not full time use your own vehicle
Very Professional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Boston Market is where i learn most of my customer service experience. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work.
I loved working at chick-fil-a it just was out the way from my school
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 5, 2017
Boston Market is an good environment, great opportunities a The people was friendly, they okay food and the mangers barely come on time to work everyone was always late to work, understanding and works around schedules as needed.
Pros
The have alright food
Cons
The area is small not enough space, the whole store talks about everyone, managers barely help
it was cool
Carver (Former Employee) –  Lilburn, GAFebruary 2, 2017
i had fun. i showed to to work everyday with a smile on my face. the job was hard because i stood infant of an oven for 6 hours but it was fun. my co workers give me an experience that i never had in a work environment before.
Pros
free food
Cons
hours
Friendly Service and clean environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIFebruary 2, 2017
Friendly environment. Great team of employees. Delicious, hot food. Clean working/preparation/eating areas. I looked forward to going to work because the management was very professional and nice and, the employees I worked with were as well.
Pros
Clean
Cons
Distance from home
Fun fast paced
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 30, 2017
I haven't worked for this company in well over 10 yrs so my review will be of when the company was a lot smaller. You knew the ceo and upper management well. They took great care of the employees
Pros
The food!
Very fast paced work environment
Sides Assembler/Server (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 28, 2017
At the time of my employment, the GM was quite unfit for her position making everyone's job dreadful. I left before she was fired so I don't have many good things to say personally but the establishment is under new management and it told to be much improved.
great place to work
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 28, 2017
a great and friendly environment focused on bringing the best quality foods to those in the area. always willing to teach.
Pros
great for advancement
Cons
no time off for thanksgiving
daily work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 22, 2017
I would go and fill the daily paper work, and make sure every hour I do a count of all my proteing food tom see how much food should i start cooking .
Job title
Protein Handler (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 21, 2017
My duty is to maintenance: take out the trash clean parking lot mob the lobby prep the roastise chicken on the carts prep turkey in baskets and meatloaf and its pans I make sure everything has dates and is properly placed on the rite place I also have expiernce working cashier and interacting with customers I am a very hard work and a quick learner
Pros
great good and fresh
Cons
more communication and team work
Very Clean and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 21, 2017
The manager could have been alittle more professional. I liked when we were busy because i was always moving. I didnt really get bored with my job. My manager had favortism with his employees he treated other differently. He said things he shouldn't have said to employees
Productive company
Certified Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 20, 2017
My first job. I really enjoyed working there. It is very easy to move up in the company. I am a people person and loved my job
Wasn't nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 19, 2017
The managers were rude. Treatment wasn't fair. No breaks unless you're a minor. Long shifts if you are drive-thru. The food however is very good and you get 50 percent off.
I used to
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 18, 2017
I used to work for Boston Market for 9 months they promoted me after the 5th month to a shift leader.... I never got that position! They were nasty, unprofessional and disrespectful!
Pros
Free cookies
Cons
No benifits, no breaks, no help!
productive
Waiter and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work would include working the register, and providing costumer service. In addition, i also waited tables .
long work days
CERTIFIED TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 16, 2017
For a first job it was really nice. The manager took a chance on me. I worked there for 2 years as a cashier turned certified trainer. I was stuck in being a cashier because they said I was the best. I wanted to move up but didn't happen. I was pretty much pigeon holed. I just found a different job because food service wasnt my future.
Pros
good first job
Cons
long work days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.