Boston Market Employee Reviews in United States

Good Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  NjOctober 22, 2015
This job is good I enjoyed working there good workers. The customers was also good. My first job an loved it. Would work there again.
great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed working at Boston Market. The food is great as well. The guests were very friendly and the staff as well .I learned a lot here about chicken and the food we cooked and served.
Very Good College Job
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Shirley, NYOctober 19, 2015
Boston Market is a very good college job. They are very flexible with school schedules.

From Boston Market I've learned a lot about how restaurants are run and managed.

Sometimes they stress things that then are irrelevant shortly after but they mean good.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Inconsistent with Demands
Great team members
Carver (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 15, 2015
I loved my co-workers and management was competent. Hours were not sufficient or consistent. Too many part time high school workers when family oriented hard working people constantly had hours cut.
Pros
Free food at end of shift
Cons
Too many Part Time workers, no chance for advancement
productive environment where you learn to deal with customers.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, New YorkOctober 12, 2015
A typical day at work would be counting my register in order to open up my station. Once I'm done counting, I check my station to see if theres any stocking to be done. I there is i write it down on a piece of paper and go to the stocking room to bring out the stuff i need. Later, after everything is done i am ready for the customers to come in the store and serve them the food they want. The hardest part of the job is to deal with customers who are disrespectful. When customers act like that i try to calm them down by offering them my apology, but if that doesn't work i call my manger in duty to try to explain to the customers why they shouldn't be upset or why the price came to the amount. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to communicate with those customers who treat you very friendly. I was able to keep up a conversation with them.
Spoken to like I didnt matter pushed around and forced to do other people job...
Prep/Cook (Former Employee) –  Plantation,FLOctober 12, 2015
I was fired twice for something I didn't do . Then I was apologized to then called back to return to work both times. I also had a co-worker went through the same thing...My Store manager was always late, there were time she didn't show up....terriblle
Pros
talking to customers i loved it..
Cons
management6....Trisha Watson
Good environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2015
Good staff, worked on register and assisted customers with food orders. Transitioned to drive thru cashier and was able to serve clients, quick and efficiently while providing excellent customer service. I was offered a management position prior to UWM job offer but compensation was more at UWM.
A home away from home.
Dishwasher/Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 8, 2015
A Family feeling surrounding envelopes you with a sense of home. Meals prepared are filling & much enjoyed. Just a great place to be and eat with the whole family.
hardest part of job
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 7, 2015
remembering the menu is hard, and the management are hard on the employees. But, however a very fun fast paced environment never a dull moment.
Productive, and fun co-workers
Utility (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 4, 2015
Co-workers are the best part of this job, they are so awesome and fun. the management is good. but i would start the game out taking the trash out.
kitchen
back-up (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 30, 2015
a typical day workin at boston market well I cooked the meals my coworkers were cool the hardest part of the job was dealing with the heat the best part of the job was no one bothers you
a typical day at work
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, NYSeptember 30, 2015
clock in,clean work station, and count the your cashier. great workers that helped you out when you needed help felt like a team.
Pros
great work environment, productive coworkers
Cons
worked long hours on holidays
Friendly place to work
Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 30, 2015
I like working there with my coworkers, they were the best part of the job. Fast-paced job, you get opportunities to cross-train.
AIM Higher!
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Lodi, NJSeptember 29, 2015
happy place to work, good service to the guests and the staffs are friendly, polite, courteous to there guest and especially to there team members.
Protein Handler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 28, 2015
Great place to work learned customer service typical work day was great nothing bad to say about boston market wonderful enviroment
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun and Easy Job
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 27, 2015
Would serve people food everyday also work the drive. my manager was great real cool guy. got along with all my co-workers we all helped each other. not really a hard job. and I was a teenager I liked working and going to school.
Pros
fun enviroment
Cons
short breaks
Productive fun place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSSeptember 25, 2015
Fun place to work. The atmosphere is homely with co-workers treating others like family. Everyone treated each other with respect and everyone uses teamwork.
Pros
Fun co-workers
Cons
The hours
Fun workplace, outstanding employees, great management
Hourly Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 23, 2015
Boston market is a great place to work, nearly everyday I step foot into the door there everyone is smiling and greets you before you even get half way through the door. Everyone is so detail oriented and works with a passion as if they get paid more than minimum wage.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/A
Excellent Job Environment and Coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLSeptember 21, 2015
Overall I feel this was one of the best work environments I have ever been in. I honestly felt bad when I had to finally say goodbye and move onto a different job. The management worked with everyone to ensure they had the hours they needed or were able to work. Customers came in and very rarely rude in anyway with anyone who worked there. My only problems where that it was a food service industry job and thus the pay was limited. Despite that this was also the highest I was ever paid for a basic food service job.
Pros
Great Managers, Flexible Schedule, Fair Pay
Cons
Too nice to say no to.
nice job
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 20, 2015
it very cool .. fast paced . you learn a lot from my experience . you learn how to multi task' the hours can change from week to week
Pros
easy work
Cons
standing all day