Boston Market Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Steady work environment
Utility (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 30, 2017
for a utility at a busy boston market, to get everything you are supposed to get done, you have to work non-stop for 6+ hours with no break. If you take a break, the dishes pile up and you will be there longer. I don't think that many people have the stamina to do utility for weeks or months. Many new utilitys tend to quit within the first month.
Pros
free drinks and sometimes free food.
Cons
30 minute unpaid breaks
Gain experience
Area Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJuly 27, 2017
I worked as a trainee area manager while a work with 2 GMs and 3 assistant managers. I learned quite a bit from them since most of them were working for the company for many years and most of them moved their way up from crew positions and I taught them my expertise
Wonderful company to be a part of
Restaurant Team Member-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, MAJuly 26, 2017
Boston Market is a tier above the average fast food company. They seem to actually value their employees, which is a big deal. I would choose to work here again in pinch.
Overall Boston Market is a great company to work for.
Restaurant Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 26, 2017
Management was extremely well I always had something to do while I was working at Boston Market. I learned how to problem solve problems that I didn't understand. The hardest part of the job was training but the most enjoyable was serving home-style food to our customers.
Good First Job
Carver/ Server (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 25, 2017
This job had nothing really wrong with it other than some scheduling issues and poor management which has since been changed to my knowledge. Most people here looked out for and cared for each other. The schedule was always fixed with some random changes every once in a while. They only ever had one person cutting the chicken a day(me) and while I wasn't working or if I was off a manager did it. They had harsh cleaning chemicals to clean the ovens with however the gloves used to clean them had holes in them, but they gave alternate methods to clean.
Pros
Good atmosphere, Always able to ask question, They trained you well.
Cons
Meals weren't always free, unpaid breaks, inflexible schedue
Very fun workplace and friendly coworkers.
Server (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48221July 24, 2017
At boston market i learned that customers will come in there very rude and obnoxious but not all customers are like that. I worked the cash register and that was more beneficial to my communication skills.
Pros
Great coworkers and boss
Cons
Rude customers
Boston market was a productive work place.Along with it's share problems.
Hourly Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 24, 2017
I believe that they are not able to afford the employee personally.Meaning you get more work than pay.Wich takes away from the the good of your employment.With that being said I feel that they need more understanding about the employee about that problem.Instead of over working thier employee's without fair approach to wages and compensation.
Pros
Healthy work place for employment for a student.
Cons
More work than pay.
Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MI 48234July 24, 2017
I loved working at Boston Market However I did not like working the evening shift here. The people they came in was friendly and often came to eat there with their families.
Fun work place great food
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 23, 2017
Always on time . Work well with others love to work hard and have fun at my job. Always willing to help others. Great menu and always have great employees
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Would recomend as a first job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 18, 2017
Boston Market is not something that you would want to consider to be a long term job. I thoroughly enjoy the restaurant industry but Boston Market is not the typical food service job. You may not accept tips at this establishment. As a manager, you have to do many things on a daily basis that are not in your job description/scope and do not get paid to do them. The store I worked at was extremely relaxed when it came to reprimanding their employees for unacceptable behaviors. I did learn a lot about being a leader and what it takes to manage employees and a store by myself. Most employees were not happy to be there and therefore those feelings were projected through their work habits. The hardest part of the job for me was covering for someone on a daily basis while fulfilling my job duties as well. The enjoyable part of the job was interacting with regular and new customers and the fast pace that comes with the restaurant.
Pros
Free meal (as a manager) up to 12$
Fast paced
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLJuly 18, 2017
Company was friendly environment with a lot of business. Everyone there was good to each other. Company would give hours if you shown good work effort
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great place to ruin a great day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILJuly 18, 2017
The management at boston market during the time of my employment was terrible! Since when is it ever ok to sleep with the staff? Store managers sleep with shift managers and pretend like it's not noticeable!
Poor
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 18, 2017
I was just treated like trash. I have very good costumer service skills. I am very respectful and responsible. I care for other people no matter what.
Interesting Experience
Dishwasher, Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYJuly 18, 2017
My expereince into the Boston Market family was a very interesting and unlikable but likable situation. My expereince with the crew at the time was amazing. Only downside was manager during time i was working there.
Positive environment
Cashier/waitress (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2017
Work was nice and easy for working and going to school at the same time. More than enough hours, very helpful and friendly co-workers. I loved working everyday when I was there.
Boston Market
Catering/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2017
Great Food
Great People
Learn a lot from taking peoples orders weather it be a staff members or just a customer coming in built up character. Did I mention GREAT food!!
good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77070July 17, 2017
Very well structured and organized and overall a good company to work for. Great work home balance. Many of the employees and managers have been with the company for years. Just not enough moving parts for myself.
Tough place for prep an customer volume...
Meat carver (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 17, 2017
Boston Market was an experience like no other the amount of prep an cooked items are in mass quantities.
The work it self is difficult but the preparation an attention to detail is keen to success
Overall the experience was tough but the management was poor
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks an poor management
Worst management ever
Forest Hills Blvd - Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  12792 Forest Hills Blvd., Wellington,flJuly 15, 2017
The management was terrible, employees never got the schedule on time, gave employees the wrong time to come into work, hours were cut randomly, always ask for employees to fill in on off days.
Pros
Free food (sometimes)
Cons
never get breaks even if under age unless you ask and when you do they ALWAYS catch attitude
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 13, 2017
Great place to eat very friendly workers for the most part. Everybody was nice and treated with respect.great food quality and great work ethic. Nice place to be and very relaxed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Market. Our community is ready to answer.