Boston Medical Center Employee Reviews

Mediocre Experience But Maybe Will Work For Others
Patient Account Specialist- Hospital Cash (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 1, 2016
Like everything, workplace has benefits and disadvantages. The benefits are the benefits, but not an environment that i found management wanted anyone to be able to grow.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
fun place to work
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 30, 2016
I loved the patients and the position i played but the co workers were very unprofessional. however, I got hurt on the job and was in properly informed of the procedures and was unlawfully terminated so I had to leave that position with unemployment and there was and action suit and there were so many complaints besides mines.
Pros
love bmc and its in my community
Cons
unprofessional department and lack of communication with employees
Clinical Care Manager/Maternal Child Health (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 19, 2016
During a typical day I manage a que of 15-20 members that I reach out to too follow up on care management needs, questions or concerns. Management and my coworkers are great and very easy to get along with. I work in a very collaborative work environment. The hardest part of my day is making sure I reach out to all of my members. The most enjoyable part of my day is the satisfaction that I get when I'm able to provide quality care management.
Pros
flexible, work remote, great education benefit
Cons
managing my daily work load
Very Productive work environment
Ambulatory Service Representative III (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 7, 2016
A very high paced work environment. you have to be able to multi task. The hardest part of the job i would say is keeping up with the non compliant patients. the doctors are awesome to work with as well as the nurses.
Pros
great co workers
Employee Engagement
Community Outreach Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2016
BMC HealthNet Plan has a great mission to serve the underserved population of both Mass and New Hampshire, while maintaining strong institutional ethics.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Limited Growth
Productive workplace with great co workers
Material Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 2, 2016
Worked in the operating room under the direction of my superior. Maintained and managed supplies with accuracy, to ensure sufficient supplies were readily available for patients going into surgery. Also had the responsibility of ordering supplies to restock the operating room post surgery.
Pros
Stellar employee appreciation
Cons
Great benefits
Nice and welcoming place to work
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 15, 2016
Working at Boston Medical, there was always a busy work load, but I also enjoyed it because it was something I've grown to love to do overtime. While working at Boston Medical, I've learned, how to work more with a team and how to be a medical record clerk. The management at Boston Medical was always there to assist you if needed. My co-workers were like my second family. We were always there for each other, eve outside of work. We've made some pretty good memories together. The hardest part of working at Boston Medical was trying to read the doctors' handwriting. Sometimes I couldn't understand it at all, and I would need help from my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of working at Boston Medical was being able to do something that I loved. A Medical Record Clerk may not seem of much importance to many people, but I think that it's a step closer to change lives y helping people.
Pros
free lunches and parties
Cons
short breaks
great work place
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 28, 2016
Great work environment. Wonderful management team that shows concerns about welfare and work – life balance of staff members. There was good comradery among pharmacy staff members
Great Benefits but not much room for advancement
Membership Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 27, 2016
The benefits as far as health insurance, 401k are great. But there is little room for growth and management needs training
Pros
Health Benefits, 401k
Cons
No room for growth
productive work place
Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2016
Busy place where you can learned from a variety cultures, great team work. Great Medical Insurance (FREE), only pay for Dental, also my medications only cost me $5.00 at BMC pharmacy.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02118June 8, 2016
A typical day at work is very fast pasted. Ive learned so much being in the float pool. Being in the float pool I was exposed to all aspect of patient care. From labor and delivery to cardiac patients. The staff was great very helpful. Hardest part of the job would would be low staffing. Most enjoyable everyone works as a team.
Great place to work with great benefits
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02115June 1, 2016
I love working with patients and trying to make them get the best medical care they can get. I have learned a lot about billing, coding and scheduling. I have spent the past 20 years working in the medical field and love working with people. My co-workers are very kind and professional and caring people. I think the hardest part of my job is seeing the sickness and illness around me and knowing that there is not a lot I can do to help the patients get well. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing patients return and get well.
Pros
Seeing patients get well
Cons
No room for advancement
productive
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2016
I worked at a call-center for BMCHNP. a typical day at work would consist of answer calls for patients and helping them with insurance information and changes. the most enjoyable part about my job is being able to help people. my co-workers were friendly.
Unionized position with great pay!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2016
Boston Medical Center is a teaching facility which enables employees to become familiar with different career paths while employed.
Great Internship
Clinical Psychology Internship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 29, 2016
I have made life long friends. We learned and explored about different cultures. It was a wonderful experience. Great preparation for work.
Pros
Great experience and training
Cons
High cost of living in Boston
Wonderful members
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2016
I assisted all types of members with all types of issues but I enjoyed every minute of the experience. I loved my co-workers who assisted me whenever possible.
Content at the moment. Optimistic going forward.
Benefits Policy and Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 25, 2016
I have been with the company since December 2015. I am content with where I am at this point in my tenure with BMC. I look forward to continuing the learning of various products and services offered.
Pros
Generous commuter benefits. Better than average salary. Accomodating work life balance.
Cons
Lack of adequate cafeteria facilities. "Siloed" management structure amongst various products.
Dental X-Ray Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 8, 2015
I had an excellent experience working at Boston Medical Center.

Gained a lot of knowledge working with top rated Oral Surgeons in the US.

One of the most rewarding things I experienced was working with the patient population and I consistently had compassion for the patients.
A day with an operator
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 29, 2015
Boston Medical Center is a city hospital which gives back to its community, We are a heavily traveled hospital with never a dull moment. Unfortunately we tend to a lot of overdoses and gunshot victims. My position is in charge of calling codes whenever a patient is in distress ex: code blue, respiratory response, emergency surgical airway. We are also in charge of answering all calls that come through the main switchboard and transferring them to their destination.
Pros
Helping the community, making people feel welcomed and comfortable
Cons
Thankless job, must work on holidays
Typical Day
ASR-1 (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 27, 2015
The first 12 years was night shift customer service, computer repair calls.
Worked holidays and weekends in the emergency room lot chaos and mayhem at times The most enjoyable part of the job was the kids that came in to the emergency room
Pros
free parking
Cons
long hours no relief

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Boston Medical Center Reviews by Location