Boston Medical Center Employee Reviews

Busy and fast-paced. Always room to grow and learn.
Ancillary Registration Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2017
BMC has a very large campus with several buildings for clerical, clinical out-patient, and in-patient facilities. A typical day in radiology is extremely busy and fast paced. There is always room for growth and job postings are constant. The benefits are definitely one of the more positive aspects of the job. There is always something new to learn.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long commute
boston medical
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 10, 2017
The of day was data entry, I really didn't learn anything and the management was ok the workplace was ok the hardest part was getting to know the job down pack and the most enjoyable was knowing the job.
Good place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 9, 2017
Boston Medical center is a great place to work. there many opportunity for advancement.
some of the unit can be very heavy.
hardest part of working at bmc is the young patient coming to get treated for overdose
Pros
free health Insurance
Cons
have to pay for parking
Intern/Eternship program.
Medical Assistant Externship Site (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2017
While at BMC, i participated in am 160 hour externship program. I overall liked it there, there weren't any openings in my field at the time i completed my externship program.
Stimulating environment.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 4, 2017
It was a research assistant position. I recruited patients for a study. I learnt how to relate with a people with different cultures and perspective to life, The hardest part of the job is when patients refuse to participate in my research and the best part is when patients agree to be a part of the study.
Fun workplace
Patient Transporter / Assistance Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2017
Great work place. Good team work. Good compensation. Patients are very nice to work with and the team members always collaborate in a well managed and well organized group.
Pros
upbeat
Cons
not enough overtime
Stressful
Orthopedic Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 24, 2017
Poor clinic management
outpatient clinic is scheduled poorly
management is not willing to stand up for employees
stressful
most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new patients and seeing returning patients improvement
good place to work
Endocrinology/Diabetes Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2017
great benefits, nice people, good management, good place to work, many departments, big hospital, decent salary, nice coworkers, office space, great doctors
Rewarding but stressful work environment
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 19, 2017
Working in supply chain at Boston Medical Center is rewarding, and you learn an incredible amount about the medical industry. The rewarding aspect is that you actually affect patients lives in a positive, albeit indirect way. The flip side to that coin however, is that patient care looms large over everything you do, and makes the job very stressful. Add in the fact that management in the supply chain department is very poor, and it becomes very easy to get burnt out or disenchanted with your job/career. The benefits and special perks however are amazing. Easily the best I've ever had with any position.
cultural diverse work force, Great place to work
Assistant Supervisor, Microbiology (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2017
Boston Medical Center is a great place to work. the laboratory is fast paced and never boring. We are a team, helping each other completing the work load accurately and on time.
Pros
see and learn interesting aspects of microbiology
Cons
long, cold Winters

Want to know more about Boston Medical Center?

Ask a question
overall learning experience
Pre-Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 6, 2017
Boston Medical offers an abundance of learning experiences whether it is administrative or hands on with patient support. It definitely is a fast pace institution where time is valuable.
Energetic Work place
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 30, 2017
At typical day at work I answer the phones and direct calls to the appropriate place, I assist the doctors , nurses, and patients with their needs. I assist the visitors with their needs, I enter all new patients into the computer and discharge them as well. I order supplies that are needed. I maintain all patient charts. As a member of Boston Medical Center I learned how to be a productive member of the team in a fast passed environment.
Ambulatory Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 29, 2017
Boston Medical Center is a wonderful place to work. However, there is a lack of management and favoritism in most departments. The pay is reasonable. The benefits are great and tuition reimbursements are great. Working with patients has never been an issue working at BMC, only management. No matter how much work you put in your never recognized for it. If you would like to learn anything it is best to ask your coworkers instead of your supervisor.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
lack of management
The most enjoyable part
Point of Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 28, 2017
The most enjoyable part was being exposed to the patients and interacting with other medical professionals. It was a nice change of pace to be out of the lab and on the floors.
Decent claims job
Integrated Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Boston Medical Center Healthnet Plan. I would recommend it to just about anyone. Management was pretty good overall and the workplace was pretty serious. Very diverse group.
Pros
Work on your own
Best company in the world
Claims Adjudicator (Current Employee) –  Charlestown, MAAugust 23, 2017
This is the best company that I have ever worked for and I absolutely love working here! The people are amazing, the culture is brilliant, and the benefits are excellent!
Multicultural Environment
Ambulatory Service Representative I (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02109August 21, 2017
A very diverse company to help every individual with direct patient care with no exceptions. I meet a lot of people on a daily basis and I love helping people from checking them in to there appointment and checking them out so they can get back home safely.
Pros
free lunches with meetings
Cons
Tough atmosphere
Good job
Help desk support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2017
It was a good place to work. I was able to balance my work and family while working there - flexible hours. Good learning environment with lots of mentors and a good team
Rewarding job, punishing management
Social Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2017
Great colleagues across departments with opportunities for teamwork that can really make a positive impact on patients' lives. However, the stressful nature of the job is made unbearable by TERRIBLE management structures. Across the board, department heads, supervisors, etc. are promoted or hired in to positions they have NO training for based on seniority or prestige - and that means their ability to manage personnel or collaborate across departments is not only limited, but sometimes detrimental. There is too much work to get done in too little time, and if you fail to meet out-of-touch expectations you WILL be reprimanded and threatened.

The benefits are great, the pay is solid, but it's not worth feeling like your neck is always on the chopping block for minimal, human mistakes and knowing that your management chain feels you are expendable.
Pros
Colleagues, work, benefits, interesting challenges
Cons
Short breaks, over-monitoring, inexperienced management, money-obsessed
Work day
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2017
I like working at BMC. Thank you, if you wish to learn any further information please contact me directly. It has been a pleasure and I plan to continue to work here.
Pros
Diverse population
Cons
parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.