Boston Pizza Employee Reviews

Fun!
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 21, 2017
Fun environment and great staff! Always enjoyed my shifts at Boston Pizza. The food is amazing and always fresh! I would definitely recommend someone to work/eat there.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 29, 2017
Long Days, but very enjoyable work experience. Excellent training programs for staff on menus, and seasonal menu made it easier to roll out new products and have everyone on the same page.
Pros
No late nights
Cons
long shifts
Fun, energetic place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, MDApril 10, 2016
A typical day at work includes working as a team to get all stations prepped for the day and to keep everything clean and stocked as we go. I get anywhere from 4 to 10 table sections on any given day, and will work 14 hour or so doubles, sometimes straight through (by personal choice of course). I have learned more about beer and I am learning more about liquor and wine now. I have learned how to better upsell and increase my sales. I have a great relationship with management. We all work really well together and communicate well and we all vibe off of each other at work. For the most part I love all of my co-workers and enjoy working with everyone. There are the handful of people who create unnecessary drama or haven't learned how to do their job properly so it can make my job a little harder. However I do my best to just avoid any drama and focus on my work and I try to help anyone with their work whenever I can. The hardest part of my job is probably making it back into the kitchen to be able to run my own food to my tables because I am usually so busy during a rush at my tables taking orders, getting refills and anything they might need and pre-bussing. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. I get some fantastic people at my tables and they are an absolute pleasure to serve. It is even better when I get a table that I have served before and they remembered me and said they had such a good time the last time that they came back again. Making them happy and seeing them enjoying their time there is the best.
Pros
Associate discount, decent hours and sections, they give me a lot of responsibility, great co-worker relations
Cons
Some slow days
Environnement dynamique et belle équipe
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 16, 2015
Préparation le matin et ensuite cuisiner ... Une équipe avec qui j'ai eu beaucoup de plaisir et la gérante et l'assistant gérant sont vraiment gentil.
Pros
repas 50%
Cons
Rush peuvent être stressant
Hosting:
Host and server assistant. (Former Employee) –  Smokey PointAugust 29, 2015
A typical day was greeting, seating, customer service, and cleaning. I learned how to have conversations with guests and clean properly. Management was decent, everyone was treated equally. The hardest part of the job was how fast paced the restaurant industry can really be.The most enjoyable part of the job was greeting customers with a smile and "How are you doing today?"
horrid awful and rude
line cook, prep cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
Honestly I have never seen a workplace be run according to who you did or didn't make friends with, I came from high school and walked back into it. I got yelled at ridiculed and made to feel incompetent, I didn't get my proper pay on several occasions on top of the fact I've worked here for almost a year an x I can count the amount of times I've gotten a break on one hand. I've had to stand for 9 hours and not get paid Ihave watched people that have worked there for 2 weeks get promoted and have myself stuck at JUST over minimum wage. And me he by a good employee I've only called in sick a handful of times and when I did I was told that I have to come in because there's so one to cover it for me. I cover constantly. the last straw with me was when Iclosed their kitchen the night before and because I was tired and didn't want a shift the next day they told me they were going to keep my tip pool if I didn't come in. That's when I quit
Pros
fun kitchen staff
Cons
long hours, rude servers and management, felt as if no matter how hard i worked i was never gonna work hard enough
Productive fun place to work
Host (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 1, 2015
Busy fast paced environment with opportunity to grow. Enjoyable staff and discounts for food. It is generally a positive environment and well managed!
productive hard working enviorment
Cook/Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2015
On a typical work day it Is pretty busy and it has taught me how to work quickly and efficiently. Co-workers at Boston pizza have been the best people to work with and I don't regret working a single day at this job
Pros
the discount and great co-workers
Cons
sometimes the late hours
Great work environment
Hostess, Server & Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2015
Working at Boston Pizza throughout the years has provided me with a great work environment that I looked forward to going into everyday. I was able to learn various customer service skills and many skills that are transferable job to job!
Fun productive workplace, managment isnt always the best
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2015
If you're at the bottom, boston pizza may not be the place you want to work. kitchen experience before going into work is recommended or youll be stuck in the dish pit.
Pros
50 percent off on food if you worked that day, Also u receive some of the tip pool the waitresses get
Cons
1 meal only
Peu sérieux
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 11, 2015
Le gérant manquait de sérieux, après un mois de travail il me demandait encore de lui donner mes heures de travail. Je n'étais donc pas dans le système..
fun place to work
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 21, 2015
I go in and check what promotions we have or if there is anything that's 86. Also, I ensure what tables are being transferred to me and check to see what staff I am working with. In this environment I learned that everyday is a new experience with guests and staff. It is important to have co works that our on the same page as you. We are suppose to work as a team, in the bar I work alone so it can get difficult when no one comes out to check on me. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and socializing with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Pros
good way to network
Cons
tips dont count as wages 18
Fun at work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2015
I have learn to work with different people. There are fun days, and there is challenging days too, when it is too busy and we run out of prep, and deal with some difficult people. But I make sure to have the positive attitude towards everything so that the day will run smoothly.
Pros
free food, tips (boston pizza) and bonus (A&W)
Cons
work late nights
was fun and great for learning
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 19, 2015
I would be an opener and help set up the kitchen in the morning preapring the food for the next couple of days making sure there is always food in stock. I would make all the pizza dough for the next 2 days and would toss out the old dough. most enjoyable part of the game was sense of team work while working on busy nights . The hardest part is how hot it can get cooking in the summer behind 3 ovens.
Pros
good work invorenment
Environement de travail exigent
Cuisinier, livreur (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2015
La majoriter du temps il faut faire les commande le plus rapidement possible sans faire d'erreur et en fesant de la preparation en meme temps mais le travail est agreable pour quelqu'un qui aime travail dans le rush
Pros
tip pool
Cons
pas d'augmentation de salair
productive and fun place to work at
line cook/kitchen supervisor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, ABFebruary 25, 2015
boston pizza was a fast learning place to work and full of fun alls busy theres always some thing to do while u in shift clean and safe place to work at
Fun place with well mannered people
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 21, 2015
Make easy money and get proper training to deliver hot foods on time as per customers satisfraction. Proud to b a boston driver
Fun, dynamic but unreliable enviroment
Server, Hostess and Busboy (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 12, 2015
A typical work day you were booked a shift however how long you were going to stay was always unreliable because it depended on how busy the restaurant was. Although because of this i learned to be very flexible. It also taught me allot about working with lots of different kinds of personalities and conflict resolution when not everyone got along. The management did a poor job in training people as everyone had to learn their required skills on their own. This was the probably the hardest part as it was all self taught education. The most enjoyable part was working with people that ended up being some good friends of mine and the memories that we made over the years working there.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
No room to further the position
Productive and Fast paced with friendly co-workers
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2015
I learned something new everyday and worked up to their expectations. Greating guests and making sure their comfortable in their seats with menus. Take reservations and orders over the phone. maintained a clean work space and busted tables as soon as guests had left. Trips to events to cater when the boss needed.
The hardest part was how busy the place would get but being busy makes the time fly by.
Fast paced and fun environment!
Cook / Scullery Technician / Driver (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2014
Cook / Scullery Technician / Driver – Hold these three roles concurrently.
Consistently demonstrate attention to detail and exercise the ability to follow instructions, especially when it comes to safe handling of chemicals (for cleaning), food and proper waste disposal. Communication is also paramount in a properly run kitchen.
 Participated in online training program for cook and scullery tech positions.
 Completed assigned tasks in a timely manner, efficiently and correctly.
Pros
fast paced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.