BOSTON PROPER Employee Reviews

Exciting and friendly working environment
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
We would be given our daily sales goals and then we would have to make sure that all items in the store were in protocol.
We were expected to welcome every person that came into the store and to promote any special offers that were available.
The most difficult part of the job was trying to sell to people that were not into our type of merchandise.
I enjoyed building rapport with my clients and providing info on new and upcoming merchandise.
Pros
the work environment and the pay was better than other retailers
Cons
sales goals and not having managers that were relatable
Hard-working and Fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33607October 7, 2016
Fantastic Co-workers and the great place to work I made lots of friends while I was on the job I learned many things while I was on the job and had great experiences.
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2016
I absolutely loved my job and work family. I hate that our store had to close.

I loved the intimacy. I got to know my client by name, and even got to learn about their personal lives. Our clients were loyal, and always satisfied.

I adored my team. My store manager was the BEST. She was very personable, and worked just as much as the rest of the team. Our team was like a family- we worked together well...teamwork makes the dream work!
Fun interesting workplace
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 20, 2015
We sell clothing, shoes, accessories and home and gift products to women 35-70. The setting is a boutique and we work one on one with clients. A lot of our clients come in on a regular basis and we for bonds with them. WE make real connections with people every day! I love that part of the job. The coworkers are pretty great and work just as hard as I do. The management is pretty well balanced, but I wish I had been able to advance in the company. The hardest part was selling some of the more expensive products.
Pros
Breaks often, food when I needed, supportive coworkers and boss
Cons
sometimes hard to work with customers, no advancement
Fun up beat work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlAugust 13, 2015
All around fun with lovely people and most importantly positive attitudes! Co workers are always there when you need help at all times. And hour in the wonderful town center.
Pros
people, atmosphere, fashion
Cons
need more traffic
Great Environment to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 26, 2015
It all depends on who you are working with.. But the company is great! Amazing employee benefits. Boston Proper seems to be ahead of the game with the in store ordering tables, availability to shop in iPads and beautiful decorations and clothing. The only thing that can be annoying is not having enough items to display in the store. They really need to work on getting more merchandise into the store so that it can sell. The most enjoyable part is the customers. They love coming into the store and splurging on unique items
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Corporate issues with shipping merchandise
High Fashioned
Stylist /Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 30, 2015
If you love fashion, sales and retail this is the place for you!!! Loved that fact that we came to work stylish and in high quality gear. All our clients loved coming and seeing our new inventory. You are able to build relationships wit your clients and learn their uniques styles and what they're into. It was great!
Great customers,fun place to work.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 28, 2015
I have learned alot about retail in the past nine years working for.Chico's. Chicos is all about giving the customer the most amazing personal service. She loves being pampered and feeling good about herself when she leaves the store, that is a great feeling to be able to make someones day.
fun productive work environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2015
I have been working at Boston Proper for almost a year, I helped open my store .You are able to learn as the company is growing, which has helped me see what it takes to make a brand. I am thankful to be apart of such an amazing team. Boston Proper places emphasis on creating a more one on one experience with clients.
Pros
Being able to grow with a new company
Cons
Commission based, registers not on the sales floor
Family Friendly
Call Center Support (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 14, 2014
Family friendly, job advancement, and organized.
I like the room for advancement.
I learned organization and advanced computer softwares.
Great people, love what I do, but the work/life balance is not great.
Senior Manger, Creative Development and Operations (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 30, 2014
Most weeks I put in between 60-80 hours which leaves little to no time for family. I only see my kids on what seems like the weekends and that is only if I am not traveling that week, which I do about 1-2 times a month over weekends.
overall good working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 23, 2014
-Located within the outlets (meaning it was a much larger store with more inventory)
-High traffic volumes
-Assisted in finding women's shoe needs
Internship
Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 18, 2014
I worked here as a very low paid intern. Not all employess seemed to be happy with their salary and all seemed to be looking for a way out. The overall internship experience was ok, however at the end I would have liked a job offerr. But I understand it is a small company so position opening are rare.
Lots of incentives and bonuses for employees to show companys appreciation
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 11, 2013
Always had a pleasant atmosphere. They used tools to further assist you to sure you performed at company expectations. Provided coaching and developing on a weekly basis.
Nice Womens apparel company
Customer Service- Women's Fashion Apparel (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 7, 2013
Atypical day at work we would answer calls in regards to orders and when customer would receive. I learned a lot about women and clothing and that it is part of everyday life and all women want to look good. It was a fairly easy job. The best part of the job SAMPLE SALES! You could get items at a reduced price.
a very productive place to work.
merchantdise processor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 15, 2013
processing on the half of the day the other half refurbings.I leaned a lot about processing inventory.managment was very understanding when situations arose.Coworkers were like my family we were a team. The hardest was when they had power surges.when I look back at how much I processed at the end of the day and what I accomplished.