Boston Properties Employee Reviews in United States

Great company, great people!
Administrative Assistant - Construction (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 23, 2016
I enjoy my job and I love the people I work with. However, there is no opportunity for advancement in an administrative role unless you have a desire to transition into Property Management. Since working for this company, I have gotten married and had my first child. The commute with me living in Maryland and working in Washington, DC is something I would like to remove from my work week. I desire to work closer to home or at least have the option to drive to work and not have to pay over $300/month to park in my building's garage. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the atmosphere of the office, starting at the head.
Pros
free use of fitness center for employees and annual bonuses
Cons
low advancement opportunities
Great company to work for
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
The day begins as I check the curb appeal (or line of sight) that a tenant would see. Items I view and address are: is the sidewalk clean, is the lobby glass clean, are the floors clean, does my access card work, are the security guards present and attentive, do I have to wait for an elevator, is the elevator clean, can I access my secured space, are the lights on, was the trash removed, does my computer turn on, is the temperature comfortable. I learn and get exposed to something nearly on a daily basis which is what I love about this industry. We have a great team at our building and we all communicate very well with each other, without that it would be much more challenging. The hardest part of the job is logistics -meaning planning between work, tenant, regional directives and keeping everything amicable for all parties. I am one of the lucky ones who gets up every day and I love what I do. Solving new problems every day is extremely gratifying.
Pros
high exposure to new areas of work, encouraged extra schooling reimbursement, great health benefits and plenty of other reasons.
Cons
standard large company red tape which can slow things down when quick action needs to occur.
Interesting Position
Events and Meetings Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2015
The job has an interesting change for me, but I have learned a lot from this position and also what I can and cannot do. Overall, I have enjoyed my time here.
United staff focused on clear and achievable goals
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 16, 2015
Boston Properties is a really great company and staff in a fascinating industry which confirmed my interest in pursuing a career in the field
Co-Workers
Intern - Commercial Real Estate Leasing Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2015
Wonderful to work with! Great working environment. I learned so much with this company and it was a valuable summer internship that I cherish.
Good place to test your executive people skills
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 4, 2015
This is where you meet different people everday, but still must treat them like you've known them forever. Nothing less than profesional.
Great culture with good supportive people.
Assistant Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 14, 2015
The people that I work with made the job worth while.
I loved coming into work everyday knowing that I was supported and everyone was there to help me with any questions I had.
Learned a lot about corporate culture and how each department works with one another to complete tasks.
Hardest part of the job was grasping the overall picture and how every piece fit together.
Most enjoyable part of the job was group meetings and activites to create our own fun interactive training programs.
Pros
going to the gym at lunch, the stock purchase program, laid back atmosphere, hard working people
Cons
people are very busy and don't always have the time to explain why things are happening, not very consistant in the way of doing things
very professional work environment
Executive Assistant to Corporate Counsel (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 29, 2014
this company is a good place to work. People are very friendly but its a super corporate and professional work environment. Not suitable for just anyone, but if you are looking for a professional environment, this is the place for you.
Fantastic place to work, many perks but best of all was the working condition and personell was the greatest.
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 1, 2014
I worked for BP for 5 years and i wish i would have stayed with them, there employer to employee was by far bar none. There has never been a company that thought about there employees more than this company. The working conditions were far the best i have ever worked at and the attitude of the employees were always positive.
I have worked for several companies over the last 20 years and this was in class all its own.
Pros
employer attitude was great towards there employees
Very Professional Company
Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 22, 2014
Very proffesional company with tons of room for job growth, and learning experiences in the field. I entered pretty green and was educated and trained to become a dedicated operating engineer.
Property Management Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
Very professional environment. Developed organizational and software skills.
Professional Environment with Great Benefits and Compensation
Assistant Property Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 11, 2014
Shirt & tie kind of a place. Learned internal systems and a bit about accounting for a REIT, JV, and third party fixed assets. Management is well-trained and knowledgeable. Co-workers are nice people. Stuffy environment though. The people are the best part of the job as well as the benefits. Great location in the prudential center tower.
Typical day at work
Patrol Division Officer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 26, 2013
A typical day at work includes; greeting guests , assisting guests with directions and or questions , a building tour ( Interior / Exterior) (Foot / Vehicle Patrol) , responding to various calls i.e. Access Issues, Escorts, Shop lifting, Medical Assistance etc.

In my years as a Security Officer I have learned to expect the unexpected. I have been in situations whee been surrounded by 20,000+ persons ( Championship Games/ Parades) and I have been in situations where people are looking for assistant and assurance
(Blizzards, Power Outages, Bombings).

In this field you have to always be aware of your surroundings, you have to be visible and you have to be safe.

I am fortunate to work with men and women who are college educated and or have a background in the military .

The hardest part of the job is dealing with call-outs ( which result in officers staying extra hours with out notice. The most enjoyable part of the job is the environment.
Pros
qualified / dedicated officers
Cons
call outs
N/a
Building Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 9, 2013
work 8-4:30
hvac, water systems, morning tours and rounds
worked with 4 and 5 coworkers and trades professionals
a learning experience
Fire director, ups systems steam and water systems (Former Employee) –  Boston,properties reality,CITI CORP bldg. ny,nyMay 31, 2013
company was good to work for/provided nessesary input and management in the overall was great
My Experience
Office Division Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2013
Working at the Prudential Tower in Boston was a joy. There was never a dull moment. A fun diverse environment build up of many tourist and tenants (employees) from health care, financial firms to law firms my job was to communicate with the entire body and ensure everyone's safety. Taking employees concerns and following up with my superiors was a daily responsibility. I learned how to be detailed oriented, a quick thinker also learning to communicate with various individuals with multiple personalities and desires.
A good job
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 23, 2013
Tours and maint of three commercial buildings.

Learned a great deal about setting priorities.

Management did not provide much support.

Coworkers were all great.

The hardest part of the job was the volume.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment.
Pros
great location.
Cons
poor salary, little to no job advancent
like the company but not supervision
maintenance (Current Employee) –  princeton njApril 21, 2013
Worked here in Princeton almost 10 years, non-union so we get pennies for a raise. I like my maintenance job but do not like being micro-managed by immediate supervisor. Being able to have people skills, communicate by at least saying good morning or good night should not be so difficult for low level working supervisors.
Pros
hours, princeton campus
Cons
disgruntled supervisors
decent company
Building Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 12, 2013
okay place to work, but expectations are very high, while pay scale is low...
Interesting
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Richmond VaSeptember 25, 2012
Decent location.
Good group of people.
Learned what can go wrong when managing a property.
Pros
location, great view of richmond
Cons
temp assignment

4.5