Boston Public Health Commission

Boston Public Health Commission Employer Reviews

productive and fun workplace, plenty of room for growth
Counselor (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 25, 2014
loved working here ,,,plenty of room for growth, loved my co workers
very educational
Intern at Health Education Program (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 10, 2014
my day starts with a group meeting on what to present to our partners from another program. we think about current issues in our community and how they can be resolve then we show them to our partners. ive learned alot from that job, especially how to take care of yourself from health issues. the management was great. they taught us step by step how – more... to do a workshop and it was more than helpful. my coworkers were the best, whether we were working or on lunch break we always stuck together. the hardest part was thinking of what to present to our partners. with all of us having an idea, it was really hard deciding on what to focus on. the enjoyable parts were field trips on fridays and dental school on tuesdays. – less
productive
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 3, 2014
The Boston Collaborative for Food and Fitness is a public facing site, which addresses issues related to food and fitness
Opportunity to work with under served populations with dedicated people.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR/ CLINICAL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 14, 2014
The Commission's addiction services serves the most vulnerable clients in the city and utilizes innovative programs and services. Overall a good place to work with co-workers who are dedicated to serving those in need.
Family oriented environment. Our goals are to serve the residence of Boston, especailly those that are most vulnerable and disenfranchise
Data Coordinator 3 (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 27, 2014
I start my day by meeting with my supervisor to summerise the tasks for the day. Priortise my tasks and projects. Meet with my co-workers discuss work related issues. The hardest part of the Job is providing support to customers both in and out of my work environment in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the Job is giving of my self by providing – more... a service that help to benefit the residence of Boston, " To protect. preserve the health and well being of all Boston residents, particularly those that are most volunerable".BPHC – less
Great Flexibility
Van Driver (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 10, 2014
Working at BPHC has help he grow professionally.The people who there are Great and do great work.
Great learning exprience and opportunity to network
Bureau Administrator/Fiscal Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 8, 2014
I learned time management skills
The management teams were diverse
My co-workers were diverse
The hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities and different work ethics
The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling
It was challenging to work there . Many of my co-workers were very professional and well trained. We often worked as a team.
Clinician I (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 28, 2014
Pros: watching some client's get their life back, family back, housing, return to school as a result of the methadone and counseling, the supportive co-workers and supervisors, the doctors and nurses were respectful and we all worked as a team.
Cons: too much documenation.
Boston Public Health was a good place to work. There was a very professional atmosphere and supportive staff. The nurses and doctors were supportive and valued the clinicians assessments of the clients and listened to us when there was a concern about a client.
Time to upgrade my skills.
SharePoint Admin/Developer (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 27, 2014
It is a good company but has been working here from past 3 years thought its time for me to move on.
Nic eplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 11, 2014
Nice place, nice people, room for advancement if your interested in public health field.
Productive and Educational
Program Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 6, 2014
The most influential job for me because I was entrusted with responsibilities others at my position could not dream of. I was constantly sent out by my director to speak on behalf of my organization in meetings both in public and private. I learned a great deal of how government protocol and procedure works and what really goes on in the political sphere – more... of the city. I had reports on every meeting I attended although I did not mind and had a really great boss who knew exactly how to motivate his team, never with pressure. I was extremely fortune to attain this position and rise within it so quickly. – less
productive an dfun workplace
Intern (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 27, 2014
i learned almost everything i needed to know from working with this company really love the enviorment and co workers
Muliti tasking required
Adolescent Outreach Program Assistant (temporary) (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: learning new things that would help young kids get by.
Cons: not knowing how to approcah a situation.
This was another one of my temp jobs during high school. I had the chance to meet a lot of young people and to observe the issue that they were facing in their daily life.
Fun place envolved employee in day to day activities
Computer Network Engineer (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 13, 2013
Pros: employee driven
Cons: location
Great place to learn and fun atmosphere. At the time it was new technology and I learned a lot.
great place to work
Program Coordinator/Public Health Advocate (Current Employee), Boston, MAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: 35 hrs
Working at the Commission as allowed me to gain a vast knowledge of resources that is available in the community, in particular the most vulnerable population.
Review
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 27, 2013
Please see resume:

I assisted the Contract Manager with maintaining the annually contracts.
My first job
Helpdesk IT Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 3, 2013
This was my introduction into the work world as a young adult. One thing I learned from this experience was responsibility.
Fun place to work
Network Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2013
Trouble shoot and resolve Desktop application issues on Phone and in Person Set up Laptops and configured Wireless NIC cards connecting to LAN
Ensure desktop and system updates via Novell Zenworks push
First Job in Boston
Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: long break
Cons: compensation
Since I was the only youngest at this job, everyone treated me as their sister, daughter and niece. We were like a family and I worked there for 3 years. My best part of this job was when i was offered to stay longer when initially i got this job only for 3 months.
Supportive Supervisors
Case Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great environment
Cons: need more staff
I help substance abuse clients w/ detox, dual diagnose and some counselig. We provide supports to family members to better understand addiction. I work in a very supportive and safe environment for all staffs and clients. Working w/ addicted men and women is very difficult but if you can make a difference in one life is all good. Helping someone out – more... of addiction and see the changes in this person life is the best part of my job. – less