Boston Public Health Commission Employee Reviews

power plant
Chief Engineer/ supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 5, 2017
inspected all equipment for safety issues .check all contractors on the premises to give support if needed . 10 am Daley meeting with all steam firemen and engineers. do delay logs state,federal, and local . 2 pm meeting with department mangers .
great work envior,emt
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 13, 2017
fast paced work environment would recommend to anyone who loves working quickly. Experience and managers are great with all employees as well as fair in opportunity.
Very Stressfull
Case Management-Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 3, 2017
Management is not aware of what they are doing. Lack of precise training, everything is left for another day. Employee security is not well maintained as employee have to walk 800ft to park and are not allowed to punch in the same building.
Pros
benefits after the 6 monthsd
Cons
lack of security for employees
productive and fun workplace with friendly staff
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2017
working for the boston public health commision has been an interesting experience and has taught me many things about the position i currenty hold and would return to work if giving the opputunity
the hardest part of the day
Food Prep/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Roxbury, MAAugust 21, 2017
working there everyday was fun. The tasks and the teammates were all fun to work with. There was a lot of work to be done for the day in order to get the day done sometime i spend 2 hrs trying to cut 8 loins or 4 or 5 cases of beef.
Pros
great team work was done by the end of the day
Cons
Boston Public Health paid minimum Wage Salary
great place to work for
Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  1010 Mass AvenueAugust 11, 2017
A great productive place to work for in a challenging atmosphere which is very rewarding.On a typical day of work for me starts by gathering information from the clerk in the court room,follow by having one on one meeting with every defendant on that restraining order list for the day. give quick referrals for shelter in batterer intervention program if necessary
Pros
an hour lunch time
Cons
i don't see one
Free Luncheons and school supplies
Janitorial Team Member (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 28, 2017
Extremely educational and community oriented. Monthly parent and Commissioner meeting kept you well informed and involved with the different and pre-planned school changes. The environment was very friendly and each department worked as a team and kept each department updated and helped each other with all changes.
Pros
Free luncheons and updated school information.
Cons
Parent dispused
fun place
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2017
On Friday's they have exercise classes during lunch time and they allow employees to take an hour off for the class and then another hour for lunch. Working with the company was a good experience for me I got to see what it's like to be an adult.
A good working environment with a team of dedicated workers
Deep Cleaning Crew at the BPHC (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2017
I had great time at work with associates and especially my boss. He was a hard working individual who is very open and professional. He thought us all the necessary skills required to do the job well done efficiently and effectively. Our boss respected us and get along well with each other. The hardest part of the job is to clean the shower, yet due to good training, materials, and skill learned, we did the job well and on time. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we worked as a team. Helped one another to get the job done. I hard great time.
Pros
Sure, we had free lunches
Cons
short breaks as well
Home away from home.
Program Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
Working for the City of Boston; Boston Public Health is rewarding and secure. I'm grateful to have stable employment. The relationship that I have with my coworkers is priceless.
loved my job
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 21, 2017
I loved my job there recommend it to many in hopes of spreading the true meaning of giving back to those with difficult starts in life, I love helping others with life skills.
Pros
benifits
Cons
painful
Operations Assistant Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2017
It's and easy place to for. There is nothing to tell
checking in guests. Making sure all guests has a bed or somewhere to go. this job is like babysitting
Kitchen/maintanence
Kitchen Assistant/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2017
It was OK but very stressful and dangerous and I needed to leave for a better career. Although I love that job because I was servicing women of need and it felt good to give back the environment wasn't so safe for myself and my family and every time I worked I put myself in the predicament of being In Harm's Way so I decided a better career was in Need for me and my family
Good place
Kitchen Staff/maintanence (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 29, 2017
I liked it very very much but wasn't happy with the pay or environment alot of work with little pay and not too safe environment but it was a cool crew
Very good place 2 work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 6, 2017
Working at the Boston public health commission was a joy and I was very sad when I left I was very sad but it was what I wanted to do great employees and good Management
Pros
Free lunch great employees
Cons
Lazy workers
Fun workplace & great people
Operations Assistant Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2017
People are dedicated to helping others, and making a difference. The company is very big, so there are different bureaus to choose, to work for. Has a good welness committee, that promotes employee wellneas.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
No paid breaks
A Vital Resource
CASE MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 28, 2017
Working for this agency allowed me to enhance my management skills. I was responsible for supervising four case managers who were responsible for transitioning the residents back into the community. The hardest part about this job was the fact that many clients successfully graduating this program often times would re-apply six months after graduation due to a substance abuse relapse.
Daily activities
Operations, Mailroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 27, 2017
Morning review with employees, distribute work, display various schedules of meetings throughout BPHC, mailroom duties (shipping and receiving, sorting, metering, reporting, balancing, and or logging signatures).

Medium past environment where I excel. Various departments doing various health related things that all gets tied together with my cooperation.

Hardest part of the day is checking that everything possible is done.
Most enjoyable part of the day is when I know that everything possible is done.
Pros
Great health insurance and retirement plan
Cons
Public job with standard unified benefits and raises.
I liked working there
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 10, 2017
Changes all the time. Stays interesting. I liked meeting new people who are in the process of bettering their lives. The staff is extremely helpful with you, and works hard to help you reach your goals.
Pros
Free lunch and sometimes free clothes
Cons
Interaction with undesirable people on occasion
ok
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 31, 2017
very unorganized.It was a very scary place to work, really unorganized, they didnt treate employees well overall just a horrible experience