Boston Red Sox Employee Reviews

Competitive
Corporate Partnerships & Client Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 14, 2017
An awesome organization to work for. The people are great and it its a well run organization. They expect a lot but give a lot in return. Very political
Summary
Manager, Business Development (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2017
Fast pace environment that is a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. Good team atmosphere with a lot of cool perks like World Series trips and various events in Boston throughout the year.
Never a Typical Day
Sponsor Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2017
The Red Sox has a very fast-paced work environment during the season and every day is different. Things obviously slow down a bit in the offseason but it is still busy. The company is attempting to better the culture within the organization but it seems it can vary depending on the department.
Amazing people
Team Security (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 22, 2017
great place, great people, great managment, great enviromnent, great pay great oppertunites, great location, great logistics, great operation, great team
Tough
Head Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 14, 2017
Results were the only option and I did not feel like I was supported in my role. It was a difficult job with long hours and little encouragement other than pay. I know any would think of as a plus but when you are constantly checking your phone when at a party for your daughter it may be too much.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Player
Player (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 18, 2017
Gave this an overall 5-star rating due to this job being every kid's dream. However, micro-managed and the management was constantly changing while I was employed by the team.
Great experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 7, 2017
How many people can say that they worked at Fenway Park. The games and the events were excellent and the co-workers/management were great to wok with and for.
Professional sports is a tough industry
Player (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 3, 2017
Not much work/life balance, pay is rough, no vacation time during the season, etc. It is par for the course in professional sports. The company relative to the industry is phenomenal but that shows you how backward the thinking is in the sport.
Pros
Professional Sports!
Cons
Vacation, benefits, salary, etc
Enjoyable work
Usher (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 22, 2017
Caring management, working is fun and teaches interpersonal skills, training is provided to all employees, transition is made easy for people coming from one job to another.
Exhilarating environment as game day staff
Fan Clubs Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2017
My first season with the Boston Red Sox was phenomenal. In the Fan Club, I worked directly with fans and reported back to the marketing offices. In such a fast paced and exciting environment, it has been easy to enjoy going in to work. My colleagues and the spirit of Fenway are the best parts of the job. I'm excited for the 2017 season!
Pros
Fun, free meal, laid back
Cons
Only work home games
Fun Place to work
Member of security team (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 23, 2017
Got along with everybody, great place to work. Only problem is that it is for 11/2 months then its over until next year. Met some nice people and enjoyed working with the public.
Professional Baseball
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 9, 2017
Being a par of a professional baseball team had many perks. You had the opportunity to play baseball daily and meet life long friends. We got to move around alot
If you are willing to work hard and see results then this is the job for you
Assistant Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Fenway Park, MADecember 7, 2016
I had a great experience with this organization for 2 years. I learned a lot about turf management and everything that goes into it.
Fun Place to work
Facilities team member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 10, 2016
My job was low risk, low reward without a lot of responsibility and not a lot of work. The only thing I could say I learned is how daily operations work at Fenway Park. The management I experienced was poor and unfair. It was a great culture and fun and my co-workers made it a fun place to work. The hardest part was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part was dealing with everyone else.
Pros
Free meals, great culture, hardworking employees
Cons
low wage, low hours, poor management, not challenging
Excellent place to work
Security/Even Staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2016
Working for Fenway and the Boston Red Sox is more than just a job, it's a family and an adventure. Even on the most irritating and frustrating shifts, I can look back and say, I made it. I am proud to be a member of the Boston Red Sox team.
Pros
Experience, family, management, being a part of history, the pay isn't bad for a part time job either, monthly awards, meet a lot of new people, 50% discount in the team store, 2 tickets per home stand at decent pricing
Cons
no health benefits, hours are dependent on home games and events
Work Setting
Ticket Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2016
It's a wonderful place to work at. You get to see and meet different people from different countries.You meet different people everyday and most of all every time you meet someone new you actually get to learn something new!
great place to work
Mobility Assistance (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2016
The Boston Red Sox are a great organization to work for. The environment is great and everyone is willing to help out around you. You are there to make the fans experience a great one that will last a life time.
Eye-opening experience and great place to start
MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2016
The Boston Red Sox organization was where I decided that I wanted to major in marketing. This was the first time I saw behind the scenes of how marketing and advertising worked.
Fun Job
Strength Coach (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2015
Lots of work, and not much pay, but you get to go to the baseball field everyday, and work with fun people. Because the pay is low there is lots of turnover. Although, this is beneficial if you are willing to stick around, because you will move up the ladder.
Pros
active, outdoors
Cons
low pay
Well Organized, peaceful environment
IT Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  FenwayOctober 20, 2015
A very sound environment, everyone is at a steady pace and works efficiently together

All of the employee's here are eager to teach interns/new employee's as long as they are willing to learn