Boston Red Sox Employee Reviews

If you are willing to work hard and see results then this is the job for you
Assistant Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Fenway Park, MADecember 7, 2016
I had a great experience with this organization for 2 years. I learned a lot about turf management and everything that goes into it.
Fun Place to work
Facilities team member (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 10, 2016
My job was low risk, low reward without a lot of responsibility and not a lot of work. The only thing I could say I learned is how daily operations work at Fenway Park. The management I experienced was poor and unfair. It was a great culture and fun and my co-workers made it a fun place to work. The hardest part was dealing with management. The most enjoyable part was dealing with everyone else.
Pros
Free meals, great culture, hardworking employees
Cons
low wage, low hours, poor management, not challenging
Excellent place to work
Security/Even Staff (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 4, 2016
Working for Fenway and the Boston Red Sox is more than just a job, it's a family and an adventure. Even on the most irritating and frustrating shifts, I can look back and say, I made it. I am proud to be a member of the Boston Red Sox team.
Pros
Experience, family, management, being a part of history, the pay isn't bad for a part time job either, monthly awards, meet a lot of new people, 50% discount in the team store, 2 tickets per home stand at decent pricing
Cons
no health benefits, hours are dependent on home games and events
Work Setting
Ticket Operations (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 20, 2016
It's a wonderful place to work at. You get to see and meet different people from different countries.You meet different people everyday and most of all every time you meet someone new you actually get to learn something new!
great place to work
Mobility Assistance (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2016
The Boston Red Sox are a great organization to work for. The environment is great and everyone is willing to help out around you. You are there to make the fans experience a great one that will last a life time.
Eye-opening experience and great place to start
MARKETING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 8, 2016
The Boston Red Sox organization was where I decided that I wanted to major in marketing. This was the first time I saw behind the scenes of how marketing and advertising worked.
Fun Job
Strength Coach (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 27, 2015
Lots of work, and not much pay, but you get to go to the baseball field everyday, and work with fun people. Because the pay is low there is lots of turnover. Although, this is beneficial if you are willing to stick around, because you will move up the ladder.
Pros
active, outdoors
Cons
low pay
Well Organized, peaceful environment
IT Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  FenwayOctober 20, 2015
A very sound environment, everyone is at a steady pace and works efficiently together

All of the employee's here are eager to teach interns/new employee's as long as they are willing to learn
Absolute Joy To Work At
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 21, 2015
I loved my time with the Boston Red Sox. The entire staff was friendly and each day coming to the Park was a privilege. Besides giving tours, working the special events were a real joy.
Pros
Free baseball games
Cons
Cold weather
Fun and rewarding
Player/Outfielder (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2015
Red Sox staff were always helpful and paid close attention to detail. The hardest part of job was being on the road for most of the year.

Want to know more about Boston Red Sox?

Ask a question
Great environment to work in.
Individual contributor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2015
Very fun place to work and has great management. It is ultimately about the bottom line but they also focus on employee morale and rewarding good work and accomplishments - however in ways other than salary. The only downfall is that so many people (fans) want to work there that they can easily get away with paying lower salaries.
Pros
benefits, perks, great environment
Cons
small workspaces, small pay
Professional Baseball Player
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 23, 2015
I lived on the East Coast pitching for the Boston Red Sox 6 months out of the year. Competed for the 40 man roster spot with over 200 other professional baseball players in the organization.
Pros
Great lifestyle
Cons
Being away from family
Exciting, fun atmosphere, hard work
Grounds Crew Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 13, 2015
Typical day was preparing the field and batting practice. I learned that working for a professional sports field taking means you make the field absolutely perfect everyday despite what mother nature and constant games are thrown at you. The players need consistency. Management oversaw the most important aspects of the job like tarping. Fenway had many grounds crew workers, which lead to a fun work environment. The hardest part of the job was to be constantly on-call for pop up thunder storms and long days. The most enjoyable part was the environment of working for the Red Sox. It's not everyday that you get to drag the field between innings.
fun workplace and great customer service expereince.
security staffer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 7, 2015
•Monitored and authorized entrance and departure of employees and visitors.

•Denied entrance to the building to unauthorized persons.
Professional Baseball Player
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Traveled and played for the Boston Red Sox Professional Baseball Organization. This was a great experience for me and helped me develop my spanish speaking skills.
The Red Sox a great company to work for
Sales/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 1, 2015
They make you feel valued as an employee, loved coming into work every day
energetic,fun, and friendly working environment
Security (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 8, 2014
It is a very comfortable working environment which i get to meet all different fans of the Boston Red Sox around the world. The Coworkers are family we work as unit to make sure fans are comfortable, Safe and enjoying the baseball game at fenway park. Their are sometimes the job can be tough with obnoxious or uncooperative fans whom don't follow the ball park rules
fun day, working at Fenway Park.
Fan Club Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 27, 2014
Working at fenway park was a fantastic experience. for one at time i got to see the players walking around the field, which was for me one of the best things since i love the game of baseball. while working at fenway park i met great co-workers who help me quite a bit when i was a bit comfuse on a costumers question. i was able to develop my communication skills since i had to speak to hundreds of fans .
Pros
free lunch, can see the baseball game(sometimes)
Cons
long hours standing.
Amazing experience getting the chance to play professional baseball
Professional Baseball Player (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 19, 2013
I would wake up each day and arrive to the baseball field at 11am and spend the whole day there until our game was over at around 12pm. It was a great experience playing with major leaguers and other minor league athletes like myself. It is also very time consuming and teaches you about perseverance, dedication, and hard work.
Pros
Getting the chance to live a dream
Cons
Small success rate of making it to the Major Leagues
No down time
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 29, 2013
during season and playoff things can get very busy. Great team and management was amazing
Pros
looking at fenway
Cons
off season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Red Sox. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5