BOSTON REED COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Pharmacy Technican Instructor
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  York County Community College, York MaineSeptember 26, 2016
I was a pharmacy technician instructor for three six month rotations. I implemented direct instruction to students. I found my job satisfying. The most difficult portion of my job was experiencing some negative behaviors from students. Overall, I enjoyed my job.
Pros
sharing my knowledge
Cons
behaviors
Interesting and unlimited employment possibilities.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Napa, CASeptember 3, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting
Pros
Work independently without supervision
Cons
Company was merging with another.
Productive Place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2016
Guide students to learn Methods of clinical ethics , Administer injections , Practice Medical billing codes, CPR training , Learn Back and front office
Pros
Great Culture o
Cons
Short Breaks
Rewarding and exciting
Lead Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAJanuary 31, 2014
I have been a Pharmacy Tech instructor for Boston Reed for over 10 years teaching and guiding adults in a new profession. Our classes are in the evening and on Saturdays where we have a combination of theory lectures and practical labs. I have learned that people (adults) doubt their ability to be able to become successful, but with trust and positive encouragement, they develop their self confidence very quickly. Working for Boston Reed has not only gave me a new passion for teaching, but has opened opportunities in other areas of education. The management is supportive and helpful to their instructors and students. The hardest part of the job is to be able to engage a variety of personalities and learning differences at the same time while in an accelerating environment. The rewards of seeing the students excel and grasp the concepts of the material is the best part.
Pros
Seeing student succeed
Cons
no benefits
great experiance at this school
Clinical Medical Assisting Program (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2014
everyday was something different to learned was a great and unfear getable experience I learned a lot of things that I didn't know it was in a clinic medical assistant like typing records into HIPPA and that every clinic is different then others I also learned about respiration CPR and much more the hardest part was taking the test what I enjoyable I got to met new people and my teacher that showed me what I had to learn in the class room even help me out when class was over I 'am very thankful and bless that I finished college with a career that I love and all thanks to my teacher that helped me through every lesson and to have faith in me also to the school that was very affordable to me and my family.
Pros
the students had to by awear awn lunch
Cons
no breaks
Very rewarding job
Electrocardiogram (EKG) Instructor (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 26, 2013
A typical workday is to show up for your class at least 30 min prior to start of class. Time management is very important. Class begains with an exam from the previous lecture. The most rewarding part of this job is the results of the exams, and watching to students grow professionally and with confidence.
Pros
independence and opportunity to be creative in class room setting
Cons
work depends on the demand and only ten week sessions
Do or die
Veterinary Assistant Course Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PAJuly 21, 2015
This was a wonderful opportunity to prove I can run a college level course on my own. The down side being that those who were in charge where very difficult to get a hold of, and did not have all of the location arrangements set up for me. I also ended up getting most of my own supplies as they either did not supply it, or it never arrived via mail. Looking at the big picture though, I did the best I could with what I had, and helped my students to become prepared Veterinary Assistants.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Poor teacher-company comunication
Medical Assisting course
Lead Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 23, 2013
I was previously a student at Boston Reed College. Upon graduation I was offered a job as a lead assistant, to which I graciously accepted. My teacher informed me that I had a gift for teaching in a way that made the students feel confident and comfortable. I graduated 2nd in my class and went above and beyond what was asked of me during this course. This I must say had to be one of the most memorable jobs I have had, considering I use to go home with 15-20 band aides on my body from injections. I guess you can say I was a pincushion for the unwilling or nervous students. It got hectic at times but my fun, yet stern demeanor kept the students in line.
Pros
Great place to learn and work
Cons
Only seasonal
Gained knowledge, self-confidence on teaching skills from main Instructor
Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sanger, CA,/Delano, CAMay 13, 2013
Excellent opportunity to review and hone phlebotomy skills. Enjoyed one on one with students by employing hands on instruction. Learned to pass on my enthusiasm and comapssion toward the public they will be serving. The hardest part of the job was building the confidence to speak in front of my students without anxiety. My fellow coworker and instructor always put me at ease with all that we had to accomplish
Cons
Long travel time to Delano CA from home (1hour)
Boston Reed College- Assistant Teacher-Sub Teacher-First Class Colleague
Assistant./Sub. Teacher First Class Colleague (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 27, 2014
Support, guide, and counsel new instructors through formal and informal leadership
Anticipate and support new instructor needs
Manage delivery, availability and inventory educational supplies
Mastery of Boston Reed student and instructor handbooks as an in-class resource
Establish dialogue as needed to support instructor and student curricula and process questions

Substitute Pharmacy Technician lead class instructor
Followed prepared lesson plan, administered quizzes/exams, and delivered lectures using PPT, audio and visual media
Assistant lab instructor for all classroom lab assignments
Student resource for exam questions, TSBP registration, and Boston-Reed policies and procedures

Assistant classroom and lab instructor – responsibilities included: administering and grading exams, maintaining supply and equipment inventory; and availability as student resource for questions regarding PTCB exam, TSBP registration, and Boston Reed policies and procedures
i love my job so much that I always arrive 1 hour ahead of time.
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAFebruary 22, 2013
I love my job. I prepare for it at home. I prepare scenario for the students of real life experiences that I have experience. A typical day would start out with a test from last weeks lecture which would include a trade and generic quiz as well. I've been in the pharmacy technician field of employment so long now that I know everything that is expected of the pharmacy technician. That is why I started teaching it.
Pros
happy to be at work
Cons
seeing my students pass
Productive, fun and rewarding!
Phlebotomy Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 28, 2015
Rewarding place to work because of the progress you see in the students each day as they learn new skills. The hours were convenient because the course was in the evening.
Pros
Rewarding watching students learn new skills
Cons
N/A
Awsome networking place
CMAA, EKG Tech, and Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 3, 2015
This virtual college was a great place to work.
I planned my work week alone and executed it every Monday with a smile.
Held classes and make up days regularly.
Not reccomended
Lead Instructor/ Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Middletown, VAMay 4, 2015
This company went out of business and left hundreds of students and teachers hanging with out any where to go to finish degrees, or get paid for services.
Offers Great Training opportunity for staff and students
Online Instructor/Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJune 3, 2014
The Corporation offers great opportunities for staff, their paperwork
turnaround is a lengthy process.
Senior Admissions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAJuly 19, 2013
I love working for Boston Reed. Always looking for inprovement. Motivates team members.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Business could not stay
Great place to learn
complete an externship (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 16, 2013
Instructor friendly and very knowledgeable
Short program Done in 6 months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BOSTON REED COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2