BOSTON REED COLLEGE

BOSTON REED COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Awsome networking place
CMAA, EKG Tech, and Phlebotomy (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 3, 2015
This virtual college was a great place to work.
I planned my work week alone and executed it every Monday with a smile.
Held classes and make up days regularly.
Productive, fun and rewarding!
Phlebotomy Classroom Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Rewarding watching students learn new skills
Cons: N/A
Rewarding place to work because of the progress you see in the students each day as they learn new skills. The hours were convenient because the course was in the evening.
Boston Reed College- Assistant Teacher-Sub Teacher-First Class Colleague
Assistant./Sub. Teacher First Class Colleague (Former Employee), Temple, TXAugust 27, 2014
Support, guide, and counsel new instructors through formal and informal leadership
Anticipate and support new instructor needs
Manage delivery, availability and inventory educational supplies
Mastery of Boston Reed student and instructor handbooks as an in-class resource
Establish dialogue as needed to support instructor and student curricula and process questions

Substitute Pharmacy Technician lead class instructor
Followed prepared lesson plan, administered quizzes/exams, and delivered lectures using PPT, audio and visual media
Assistant lab instructor for all classroom lab assignments
Student resource for exam questions, TSBP registration, and Boston-Reed policies and procedures

Assistant classroom and lab instructor – responsibilities included: administering and grading exams, maintaining supply and equipment inventory; and availability as student resource for questions regarding PTCB exam, TSBP registration, and Boston Reed policies and procedures
great experiance at this school
Clinical Medical Assisting Program (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: the students had to by awear awn lunch
Cons: no breaks
everyday was something different to learned was a great and unfear getable experience I learned a lot of things that I didn't know it was in a clinic medical assistant like typing records into HIPPA and that every clinic is different then others I also learned about respiration CPR and much more the hardest part was taking the test what I enjoyable I got to met new people and my teacher that showed me what I had to learn in the class room even help me out when class was over I 'am very thankful and bless that I finished college with a career that I love and all thanks to my teacher that helped me through every lesson and to have faith in me also to the school that was very affordable to me and my family.
Offers Great Training opportunity for staff and students
Online Instructor/Clinical Instructor (Current Employee), Napa, CAJune 3, 2014
The Corporation offers great opportunities for staff, their paperwork
turnaround is a lengthy process.
Rewarding and exciting
Lead Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee), Napa, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: seeing student succeed
Cons: no benefits
I have been a Pharmacy Tech instructor for Boston Reed for over 10 years teaching and guiding adults in a new profession. Our classes are in the evening and on Saturdays where we have a combination of theory lectures and practical labs. I have learned that people (adults) doubt their ability to be able to become successful, but with trust and positive encouragement, they develop their self confidence very quickly. Working for Boston Reed has not only gave me a new passion for teaching, but has opened opportunities in other areas of education. The management is supportive and helpful to their instructors and students. The hardest part of the job is to be able to engage a variety of personalities and learning differences at the same time while in an accelerating environment. The rewards of seeing the students excel and grasp the concepts of the material is the best part.
Medical Assisting course
Lead Assistant (Former Employee), Fremont, CAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: great place to learn and work
Cons: only seasonal
I was previously a student at Boston Reed College. Upon graduation I was offered a job as a lead assistant, to which I graciously accepted. My teacher informed me that I had a gift for teaching in a way that made the students feel confident and comfortable. I graduated 2nd in my class and went above and beyond what was asked of me during this course. This I must say had to be one of the most memorable jobs I have had, considering I use to go home with 15-20 band aides on my body from injections. I guess you can say I was a pincushion for the unwilling or nervous students. It got hectic at times but my fun, yet stern demeanor kept the students in line.
Senior Admissions Consultant (Current Employee), Napa, CAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: business could not stay
I love working for Boston Reed. Always looking for inprovement. Motivates team members.
Great place to learn
complete an externship (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 16, 2013
Instructor friendly and very knowledgeable
Short program Done in 6 months
Gained knowledge, self-confidence on teaching skills from main Instructor
Certified Phlebotomy Technician 1 Instructor (Former Employee), Sanger, CA,/Delano, CAMay 13, 2013
Cons: long travel time to delano ca from home (1hour)
Excellent opportunity to review and hone phlebotomy skills. Enjoyed one on one with students by employing hands on instruction. Learned to pass on my enthusiasm and comapssion toward the public they will be serving. The hardest part of the job was building the confidence to speak in front of my students without anxiety. My fellow coworker and instructor always put me at ease with all that we had to accomplish
Very rewarding job
Electrocardiogram (EKG) Instructor (Current Employee), Napa, CAMarch 26, 2013
Pros: independence and opportunity to be creative in class room setting
Cons: work depends on the demand and only ten week sessions
A typical workday is to show up for your class at least 30 min prior to start of class. Time management is very important. Class begains with an exam from the previous lecture. The most rewarding part of this job is the results of the exams, and watching to students grow professionally and with confidence.
i love my job so much that I always arrive 1 hour ahead of time.
Pharmacy Technician Instructor (Former Employee), Napa, CAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: happy to be at work
Cons: seeing my students pass
I love my job. I prepare for it at home. I prepare scenario for the students of real life experiences that I have experience. A typical day would start out with a test from last weeks lecture which would include a trade and generic quiz as well. I've been in the pharmacy technician field of employment so long now that I know everything that is expected of the pharmacy technician. That is why I started teaching it.