BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP Employee Reviews

Dreadful
Pacemaker Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2017
Long days, followed by long nights and weekends of studying to prepare for endless training modules, competency test, and national certification. Call on rotating weekends.
Management disengaged to the daily goings on and rely on input from various sources to write reviews. Basically, they don't take the time to truly manage.
Cutthroat team members only worried about themselves. Poor work-life balance.
Training program recently disbanded and resorted to on-line and in the field trainers which may or may not be qualified.
Pros
High Profile with potential for long-term sucess
Cons
Poor Work-Life Balance, Cutthroat
Fun and fulfilling place to work
Research and Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 19, 2017
Culture allowed for independence. Good variety of daily activities which allowed for working at what needed to be done first and self prioritizing. Management worked to help you advance as that was good for inventiveness and originality. Fun atmosphere with some competitiveness.
Great Company
Machine Operator II and product builder II (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLApril 14, 2017
Boston Scientific is a great Company where they gave a opportunity to everyone to grow, the training for new employees are excellent , good promotion and salary, great environment for work and nice place for work, building product of high quality demonstrating a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality. This company work according with all standard operations procedures and good manufacturing practices to ensure a safety and quality product recording and completing all revelant documentation records to avoid quality incidents. This Company Closed in Miami and relocated at Costa Rica.
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 4, 2017
My work schedule at Boston Scientific from 5 to 2:30pm. The environment at work is nice and easy. Nothing hard at this job and easy an knowledge. I love this company but the management is out the control.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Boston Scientific Corp. is the best on the word
PRODUCT BUILDER LEVEL IV (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 20, 2017
Excellent work, save the human life longer. Boston Scientific is the Best Medical Device Equipment Company on the Word, I were working at BSC 17 years to build the catheter.
Just work
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 10, 2017
I worked there as a temp Manufacturing Engineer and this was my first job. I was tossed into the work with very little support. In addition, one of my associate tried to prevent me from doing what need to be done for he wasn't clear of the process and the policies himself. However, he was good with convincing the management. All sr. engineers that support the areas I worked at were in different building. Some of them were moved on to other company. The upper management expected a fast result.
Pros
I have the opportunity to learn as much as I can obserbed.
Cons
I didn't get much support there.
Great Place to work
Materials Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2017
Great Place to work. Really value work life balance and the their employees. Great opportunities to advance within the organization.
Great environment to work in. Family like.
Senior Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLOctober 15, 2016
Boston Scientific was a great place to work in. The company was committed to helping patients improve their health.
A typical day at work was attending meetings, making sure all the areas were being productive, that the employees had the tools to work with. Management was very involved and accessible to all employees. Upper management had an open door policy. Coworkers were professional and always willing to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was to have the satisfaction of being able to help other human beings with their health.
Pros
Great environment to work in
Cons
At one time working a third shift.
Great Company
Quality Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMarch 7, 2016
This is a very large company and you can feel lost at times but management is always there to help. This company is for the employee as well as the customer and is doing big things. They are such a large company so there are many areas to grow and try out.
Variety in job was excellent - smart people
Group Marketing Manager II (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 30, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Boston Scientific. It was very challenging and filled with an excellent team of marketing and sales professionals.
Pros
Fun workplace
Cons
Too much change
Excellent place to work
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer/Sr. Supplier Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 12, 2015
Structured place to be with
Professional place for my long term career
Many good and nice people to work with
Nice location for my commute
Pros
Many things to learn
Very cientific environment
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2015
Working there was quiet an experience - each one employed by Boston Scientific is a real genius in engineering, quality, management etc...
Pros
Great cafeteria
My time at BSC
Medical Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work would be clocking in and setting up the machines in our department ready for testing and production. What I learned while working there was how to run 5-7 machine(lasers) that cut out parts called stents. Management was at its highest with the effort and cooperation of everyone around for the best and possible healthy environment. My co-workers were hard working and very helpful if I were to have any questions. The hardest part of the job was if you couldn't multitask and remember what you previously have done before you were working on another machine, then you would have had a hard time without the proper training. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning new things job related.
Pros
Big mess hall
Cons
Huge parking lot(winter)
Great place to work, Good chance of job advancement
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2015
Worked on medical supplies, assembly, and packaging. This included painting the markings on catheters, assembly baskets for stents, and also packaging products after they had been assembled.
Pros
Great management, stable detailed work, Good Salary
Cons
Difficult Coworkers at Times
Stressful, not very friendly working enviroment
Sr. SAP Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 11, 2014
A company is struggling with getting profit and cutting cost is a primary goal for management still.
Secured job with good education benefits
Product Analysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 4, 2014
Reviewing defective product to the best of my ability.
I have learned the importance of the job I do.
I know the importance of building quality into our products.
I enjoy solving return products and detecting what the root cause was.
Pros
Great Compensation, good tuition reimbursement.
Excellent place to work
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 26, 2014
Good place to work. A place where recommendations and suggestions are valued.
Poor work-life balance
MANAGER, SALES AND MARKETING INFORMATION SYSTEMS (Former Employee) –  shoreviewJanuary 31, 2014
Combative, groups pitted against each other, senior Information Systems leadership runs it like a consulting company - burns out people. It's a great place if you are looking to grow and develop your skills because you are thrown right into the fire. However, if you (like me), need some semblance of a work-life balance, Boston Scientific Information Systems is not a good fit.
The best company to work for
Sr. Doc Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 26, 2013
The culture of the company is great and relationship betwen the co-workers is great as well.
More than 15 years successful experience in maintenance of engineering documentation from initial request to final release of all documentation packages processed though Document Services department
good gig
Corporate Sales Business Analytics (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 12, 2013
had a great time working here... but a lot of work to do and turnaround time was very narrow... required a lot of reprioritizing constantly.
Pros
good location