Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Good place to learn new things
Medical Device Specialist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 17, 2017
From a learning point on view good experience but my time there i feel like there were no energy to help push or motivate us as employers, i would love more team Building moments very hitting the grin day after day
Pros
Learning new things that can help push for future career
Cons
Lack of team work, management dont really pay attention to employers
fine work place
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 17, 2017
I loved to work with this company. almost everybody there was nice to me especial my supervisor. I left because I moved. I miss a lot from that place.
Pros
free lanches
Cons
short breaks
Very conducive environment to work
Quality Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 17, 2017
if you looking for career advancement, flexible hours,well cultured with integrity, then i recommend Boston Scientific for you. Good management system. Your daily routine are very flexible and the people are super awesome and but take heed of your personality and how you react towards people.
Pros
a place you can actually call hiome
Cons
N/a
Balanced work environment, 2nd shift Supervisor for molding and termination was awesome
Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 10, 2017
Overall at Boston Scientific acquiring long term position was difficult. Majority of the people that work there are temps only which made it very difficult to receive benefits especially if you been there for more then a year.
Pros
double over time, free treats and drink during meetings and occasional free during extra over time on weekends
Cons
short breaks, low employment rates.
conservative culture, weak senior management
Manager II (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAOctober 8, 2017
Very conservative place ran by an old-boys network

flexible work-life balance, particularly for staff with kids, but work-life balance not fair for other staff (i.e., with no kids)

The company cares about sales more than patients. It is a marketing-sales driven environment.
Great
Chemical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INOctober 7, 2017
I liked working there. Great pay and communication between management and hourly workers was good. Safe and very clean production environment. I received a good amount of challenging projects.
Pros
Pay
fun workplace
Product Builder I, Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAOctober 2, 2017
simple place to work. very friendly peers. management is fair and accommodating. company events were great. most enjoyable part was all the great people i met. i am very thankful to call them friends.
Pros
accommodating
Cons
favoritism
Not good
Business System Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNOctober 2, 2017
Culture change when Boston bought Guidant. Instead of working as a team, they pitted everyone against each other. People left, work was just added on to the people left. Management was only concerned on how they looked, not on the people below them. When as CPI, Guidant, it was a good place, everyone treated each other like family. We worked together as family toward common goald Now departments only looking out for their own goals not what would be the best for the company as a whole.
Cons
Long hours, no team work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNOctober 1, 2017
This place is great place to work.
But they laid off their employees.
The job is not hard and is not stressful.
The only problem is it takes you long time about 1 1/2 years to get hired
Pros
Clean cafeteria
Cons
Long term to get hired.
I didn't like the supervisor i worked. Little communicative
SAS Developer (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 28, 2017
Felt so stressful and treated badly as a contractor. less benefits as a contractor. Not much good enough to work as a team . Feels like biased for same race.
Job was boring
Technician (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INSeptember 28, 2017
This job started way to early you worked 12 hour shifts and allot of weekends. Got to the point I wasn't having any kind of time for kids so wasn't the best company to work for
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pay shifts
Hard work
Machine Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNSeptember 28, 2017
Modern day slavery there, lots of over time, no time for family, always mandatory overtime on Saturday sometimes sunday. Everything is fast pace and stressful
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
Productive place to work
MBA Strategy Intern (Current Employee) –  Singapore / NashvilleSeptember 26, 2017
The leaders were very supportive. They assignment challenging projects and guided you when needed. I would like to work for them as a fulltime role if possible.
Good teamwork
Senior Equipment Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 26, 2017
Most of the team I am on are new to the company. There are 27 of us and all but 5 are contractors working on a year project. This being said, everyone works well together to get the remediation validation project done.
productive
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Queensbury, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I learned to work with medical products. I was taught to treat the job as if your life depended on it. The job showed me what we do with the medical device in the real world.
great team players
MEDICAL/GENERAL ASSEMBLY (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 18, 2017
i really enjoyed working at Boston Scientific because we all worked as a team. i had to leave because of family matters. If i could do it all over again i would surly love to work there again, no so much for how much i get pay but also the leader ship and the team work we had.
Pros
great environment
Cons
none at this time
Culture/Work
R&D Intern (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CASeptember 18, 2017
Culture is the best I have known. Amazing place to work. Creative and innovative work.
Would work here again in a heartbeat. I loved the people. They live out their mission statement.
Fun people making life saving products
Vice President and Corporate Chief Patent Counsel (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 14, 2017
BSC is a relatively good place to work. The people are fun and the company makes life saving products. Some issues with work/life balance. CEO seems very good.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INSeptember 11, 2017
Depending on what office location you are in the days go pretty smoothly. There is a great deal to learn as the medical field is rapidly advancing. Great work culture, very easy to get along with everyone.
Enjoyed fellow employees
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INSeptember 8, 2017
We had good relationship with Company. Extra time for breaks if production and quality was good. Very kind and fair with me as I took chemo and they never threatened my job. I loved my job and the hardest thing was to finish up our Department so it could tranfer to Costa Rica.
Pros
Good fellow employees
Cons
Job moved

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.