Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employer Reviews

Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, and Endovascular & Neurovascular
PRODUCT & NATIONAL SALES MANAGER, PAKISTAN (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 12, 2014
Dynamic 15 – year Marketing & Sales career reflecting pioneering experience and record breaking performance in the Interventional Cardio-vascular, Peripheral, Oncology RFA & Neurovascular business. Knowledgeable in all phases of client service with a track record of outstanding KOL satisfaction. Proven success in establishing and maintaining a loyal – more... customer base. Consistently honored for exceeding sales and service expectations – less
Productive and a fun place to work!
Business Systems Analyst - Mobile applications (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 10, 2014
The sales and marketing mobility team was great to work with. All interfacing teams were always responsive and would always make time for new projects.
na
Pharmacy technician, Fairview (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 8, 2014
central parknig was a good starting job but it was not enough to lead my life
An excellent place to work
Various (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNJune 6, 2014
BSC was a great place to work. It allowed me to continually grow and was given amazing opportunities to learn and continue my career. I worked there 26+ years and had I not moved out of state, I would have loved to work there another 20 years until retirement.
Little pay, under appreciated
Medical Assembly (Current Employee), Maple Grove, MNJune 4, 2014
Stressful job, with small pay. Coworkers can be great, but management seems to care more about getting numbers than overall moral of employees.
Medical Device Company with Nice Benefit and Career Opportunity
R&D Software Mgr II (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 4, 2014
Friendly coworkers
Mild working pace
Organized development process
Will discuss reasons for advancing my career outside of Boston Scientific.
DESIGN ASSURANCE QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNMay 27, 2014
Pros: a wide variety of responsibilities and interface with multiple departments.
Cons: traveling more than expected, continual reduction of work force especially in quality organization.
Design Quality Assurance work required familiarity with Risk Assessment documentation development, test method development/review, Regulatory interface and complaint review summaries for Reg agencies, Validation protocols and reports, Contract supplier issues addressed, and other responsibilities.
Low opportunity for growth
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 26, 2014
Low opportunity for growth. BSC could have informed their new employees that there t is a low opporutnity for growth within the company and their career ladder is still being analyzed and reworked as many flaws have been reported. A new career ladder will be available in q4 of 2014.
My work experience at Boston Scientific.
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: there is always the eagerness to learn new skill, because of the company's willingness to provide .
Cons: nothing
Boston Scientific had widened my horizon by providing me with skills in the field of medical device manufacturing, which later on helped me a lot with my employment at Abbott Vascular. Also, it helped me to adapt myself to an environment of people from different cultures. Everyday at work,is always an interesting day, because there is always room for – more... improvement by learning new skills. Thus, making each day productively. – less
fast paced work
general operator (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 21, 2014
Pros: being manager
Cons: evening work
working all evenings was hard,worked with a good team.customer service was key.
Quality engineer intern at medical device company
Quality Engineer intern (Former Employee), Doral, FLMay 16, 2014
Plan, direct, and execute existing and new business development activities including marketing, conducting sales calls, quoting, following up, and closing the sale.
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Collaborates with a wide variety – more... of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing and manufacturing.
- Manages day-to-day progress of product development through product launch.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line. – less
Fun place to work
Product Builder (Former Employee), Doral, FLMay 12, 2014
Made artificial devices for the human body. Company was ok. Company took care of employees.
good management
Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 7, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Good Job ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Tried of – more... this. – less
Very good work ethics
Product Technician (Temp) (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 7, 2014
Pros: staff nights out
Cons: long hours
The employees at Boston Scientific were very helpful and gave guidance throughout my placement there. They were very good at giving tips about keeping up with production. I learned that it's important to work as part of a team and that communication is also very important between management and the team. My co-workers were good fun and friendly. The – more... hardest part of the job was the speed of production and keeping up with this was very difficult at times as well as maintaining quality. – less
Boston Scientific ---The flushing toilet
Engineer II (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNMay 5, 2014
Pros: was once a great company
Cons: is no longer a great company
Better off starting there now then trying to advance in your current job if you already work there.

The culture was great when the company was successful. 9 layoffs in 7 years has gotten everyone to be looking over their shoulder. No one feels safe and loyal employees are becoming rare as all the good ones are jumping ship. HR has even admitted they – more... have a higher rate off attrition after a layoff then they ever accounted for.

The CEO is giving out 0% annual raises to "Force the hand of people thinking of leaving"

All benefits are a fraction of what they were 6 years ago.

People used to say sorry to those what got laid off. Now they say "You lucky son of a gun. I wish it was me."

Won awards but salary only increased $4k in 7 years. – less
No work life balance, long hours, hard to get promoted
Sr. Indirect Tax Manager (Current Employee), Natick, MAApril 25, 2014
Cons: long hours, minimum resources, long commute, too long to get promoted form one level to other
Extremely busy and environment very uptight. Use to be better in the past. No work life balance.
It is great company
assembler (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 24, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: too far for me
a typical day at work is really easy going. the people there are very helpful and love what they do. they treat their employees with kindness and most importantly equality.
fun place
Product Builder (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 22, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: sometimes too much overtime
Arrive in at 8am. Deep clean my desk. Go to meetings and discuss the issues. Meeting deadlines can be stressful.
Receive a bonus every year.
The company need to improve their behavior to ward their workers. It is poor.
Pro Staff (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNApril 17, 2014
Pros: not much pros about this job
Cons: work their for a short time.
The job was not long enough for me to give a typical day.
I did learn how to make the tube that goes into the heart for a triple bypass.
Poor management.
Not much intro-action with co-workers.
Advancing Science in a fast paced environment
Senior Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Fremont, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: lots of visibility, learn a lot!
Cons: less time for family
Great company!

Fast paced, sometimes projects are overwhelming!

Great people, dealing with the suppliers to get the quality materials to make the superior product.

About Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to – Read more

Boston Scientific Photos