Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific Employer Reviews

Low opportunity for growth
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 26, 2014
Low opportunity for growth. BSC could have informed their new employees that there t is a low opporutnity for growth within the company and their career ladder is still being analyzed and reworked as many flaws have been reported. A new career ladder will be available in q4 of 2014.
My work experience at Boston Scientific.
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee), Murrieta, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: there is always the eagerness to learn new skill, because of the company's willingness to provide .
Cons: nothing
Boston Scientific had widened my horizon by providing me with skills in the field of medical device manufacturing, which later on helped me a lot with my employment at Abbott Vascular. Also, it helped me to adapt myself to an environment of people from different cultures. Everyday at work,is always an interesting day, because there is always room for – more... improvement by learning new skills. Thus, making each day productively. – less
Quality engineer intern at medical device company
Quality Engineer intern (Former Employee), Doral, FLMay 16, 2014
Plan, direct, and execute existing and new business development activities including marketing, conducting sales calls, quoting, following up, and closing the sale.
- Participates in overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Collaborates with a wide variety – more... of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing and manufacturing.
- Manages day-to-day progress of product development through product launch.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line. – less
Fun place to work
Product Builder (Former Employee), Doral, FLMay 12, 2014
Made artificial devices for the human body. Company was ok. Company took care of employees.
good management
Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 7, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: travel
Good Job ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Tried of – more... this. – less
Boston Scientific ---The flushing toilet
Engineer II (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNMay 5, 2014
Pros: was once a great company
Cons: is no longer a great company
Better off starting there now then trying to advance in your current job if you already work there.

The culture was great when the company was successful. 9 layoffs in 7 years has gotten everyone to be looking over their shoulder. No one feels safe and loyal employees are becoming rare as all the good ones are jumping ship. HR has even admitted they – more... have a higher rate off attrition after a layoff then they ever accounted for.

The CEO is giving out 0% annual raises to "Force the hand of people thinking of leaving"

All benefits are a fraction of what they were 6 years ago.

People used to say sorry to those what got laid off. Now they say "You lucky son of a gun. I wish it was me."

Won awards but salary only increased $4k in 7 years. – less
No work life balance, long hours, hard to get promoted
Sr. Indirect Tax Manager (Current Employee), Natick, MAApril 25, 2014
Cons: long hours, minimum resources, long commute, too long to get promoted form one level to other
Extremely busy and environment very uptight. Use to be better in the past. No work life balance.
It is great company
assembler (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 24, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: too far for me
a typical day at work is really easy going. the people there are very helpful and love what they do. they treat their employees with kindness and most importantly equality.
The company need to improve their behavior to ward their workers. It is poor.
Pro Staff (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNApril 17, 2014
Pros: not much pros about this job
Cons: work their for a short time.
The job was not long enough for me to give a typical day.
I did learn how to make the tube that goes into the heart for a triple bypass.
Poor management.
Not much intro-action with co-workers.
Advancing Science in a fast paced environment
Senior Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Fremont, CAApril 17, 2014
Pros: lots of visibility, learn a lot!
Cons: less time for family
Great company!

Fast paced, sometimes projects are overwhelming!

Great people, dealing with the suppliers to get the quality materials to make the superior product.
productive
Product Builder (NGTA) (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNApril 16, 2014
It was great place to work. the employees were nice people. nice environment to work.
Contract Inspector II (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 15, 2014
Pros: the people
I worked in a group that felt more like a family than co-workers.

The people were very nice and collaborative and always had a great sense of humor.

I always felt welcomed when I came to work each day.
Great benefits and lots of room for growth
Finance, Strategic Pricing & Analytics Sr. Analyst (Current Employee), Marlborough, MAApril 14, 2014
Overall great environment with awesome perks and benefits.
Wonderful people, opportunities for career advancement, flexibility
Financial Analyst, Interventional Cardiology (Current Employee), Maple Grove, MNApril 11, 2014
Boston Scientific is a top notch employer. Challenging and rewarding. Great work/life balance and opportunities to grow.
good company
PRODUCT ANALYST, MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE (Former Employee), Fremont, CAApril 11, 2014
Managed 500+ complaints.
Learned a lot about capital equipment as well as neurovascular devices.
it's all about product buildersafety
product builder (Former Employee), miami flApril 10, 2014
collegiate environment. safety is # 1. good quality of care for the customers. I learned to be on time and very flexible at that job. the management is very organized . the products always ready for the customers
i liked working in the warehouse
Assembler (Former Employee), Salt Lake, UTApril 10, 2014
Pros: i was always busy
Cons: they laid off alot of people
i liked working in the warehouse. i was shipping and packaging for international companies i never heard of. but at a fast pace.
I loved my Job
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNApril 8, 2014
using my hands
great coworkers
I loved my job
hardest part was leaving
Great place
Product Builder 1 (Former Employee), Spencer, INApril 7, 2014
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: being on my feet for 8 or 10 hr shifts
Learned how to make therapeutic catheters for patients. Great environment to work. People were always friendly and helpful. Hardest part of job was being on my feet for hours.
I have learn a lot of programming of Tracer Summitt BAS Controls
Maintenance Technician IV (Former Employee), PRMarch 23, 2014
During all my years of experienced I have take ownership of a lot of projects. One of the projects were the leadership in the implementation of Tracer Summitt from Trane company. This project was based on the control of all the AHU's and chiller from the facility. In this experienced and all the trainings provided to my person I have learn a lot of – more... programming. – less

About Boston Scientific

Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to – Read more

Boston Scientific Photos