Boston Scientific Employee Reviews

Repetitive job and Poor Management
Customer Contact Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 22, 2016
The coworkers in the contact center are great. The job is receptive and relatively easy. The management is poor and disorganized
Pros
Free food at the end of month, great benefits
Cons
Disorganized and poor management
Good people - friendly environment
Administrative Assistant IV (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 19, 2016
Great place for work/life balance. Friendly environment and culture. Fast paced - need to be on your game to keep up. Need to be able to support large groups at a moments notice.
Pros
Employee recognition (free lunches/gift cards) awarded
Cons
Advancement difficult
Fun play and people to work with.
Operator, Product Builder (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55112May 16, 2016
Typical day. Pick order. pack and ship order. Receive order. Inventory check. Meeting on how to improve workflow and product output.
Kaizen Meeting: events to establish a better training method throughout the plant. 5S projects/ lean system Meeting.
Assembler
Product Builder (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2016
Boston Scientific was a Medical Device company. I worked as a temp hired from an agency and I was never a permanent employee. I was moved to about three to four different departments. Overall it was a great place. Boston Scientific closed, company relocated to Costa Rica.
a typical work in a year
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MN 55311May 11, 2016
Good working place and organized. Follows GMP. Enjoyed the social activities while I was there. Learned to be respectful of others and be professional.
Pros
social activities
Cons
short breaks
Productive team
Lead Assembler/Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 10, 2016
Our team is aware for all production requirements they're all trained and certified with the process that they need in production.
Work hours are not balanced with home
Production Supervisor of Medical devices (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMay 7, 2016
Starting at 5:45am does not balance with home.
Training for how Boston Scientific does daily business is poor.
Does not treat Product builds with respect.
Too much over time in many areas of the business.
Pros
401k match
Cons
Start time
Productive and employees benefited to their incentives.
Group Lead/QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 2, 2016
As a Lead and QA Inspector it is a very challenging job since it is always production was involved. But, I have learned a lot on how to deal with every nationality and their culture and adjust myself to them and in that way it would be easy for me to stand for them as their lead and the same thing as a QA Inspector. The management was very good and fair to all of the employees. Everybody is different but, still I consider them as my good friend. The hardest part of the job is when the production is short and could not reach the quota in each day. The most enjoyable one is when all the work was accomplished before the end of the day and consider it a very successful achievement.
Pros
medical and dental insurance
Cons
good enough
Lacking Work/Life Balance and a lot of Windshield Time
Field Clinical Representative, Cardiac Rhythm (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 25, 2016
Some days you work, some days you work less- but overall you're on the hook 24hrs a day for anything possibility issue with a patient considered to have heart issues. Working in a small team of electrophysiology and device specialists across the state makes for a lot of driving (compensated through a 3rd party mileage reimbursement company). You're in as many cath labs and clinics as your territory provides on a daily basis. Compensation between clinical reps and sales reps is a point of contention for the amount of work one does versus the other. Personal life takes a back seat to the needs of an exponentially growing patient population.
Great culture and work environment.
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 19, 2016
Great Company and management--allows you to take control of your development and take opportunities to grow where you want. You work hard, but play hard, and have great visibility to upper management.

Want to know more about Boston Scientific?

Ask a question
Knowledgeable, Effective, Productive People / Stressful Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 17, 2016
Great people. Highly productive, effective, judicious, ethical, and patient-centric. Lower management levels (Directors and below) tend to be awesome. Very little contact with more senior management.

Stressful environment due to exacting requirements for building medical devices, but not more than necessary. Markets are pretty tough, so frequently RIFs for the last few years. Leads to a somewhat poor life/work balance for most. But everyone works hard to get things done and done right.
Pros
Lots of great, smart, productive people
Cons
Stressful environment, constant RIF concerns, terrible IT infrastructure
Employee Activities Committee/Valley Fair engagement
Product Builder/Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 13, 2016
Boston scientific is a very fun place to work especially with a nice co workers around me and well rounded excellent benefist for their employees.Sometimes the work can be a little bit tasking and demanding with a plan to work extra hours to be able to meet up
Pros
opportunity to pay for my school tuitions
Cons
short breaks and little pay rate
Good company
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 12, 2016
It's a great company to work and learn, but the management is really poor. It doesn't have a good system to complain or improve when employees have a bad manager.
Great Company
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAApril 11, 2016
I was employed as a consultant. I thoroughly enjoyed the project. The employees were very knowledgeable about their jobs and wanted the project to succeed.
Great company with great team environment.
HR Service Representative. (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 30, 2016
Exposure to varied technical systems and great opportunity to help employees determine what benefits had accrued to them by virtue of their number of months with the company. Learned quite a bit with Boston Scientific.
productive
PRODUCT BUILDER – ASSEMBLER LEVEL 3 (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 15, 2016
Every day is a new experience and challenging on my part which drives me to learn a lot of knowledge and skills that help me grow as an individual. It's a tiring job but it motivates me to work hard to achieve my goal and enjoy every moment cause i always want to go on OT.
Very exhausted job environment
Quality Technician Level 4 (Current Employee) –  Dorado Municipio, PRMarch 14, 2016
It is a high demanding industry and Good working environment. The hardest part is the amount of documentation to review and approve
Company is good for the employyes
Senior Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 14, 2016
Boston Scientific is a fun place to work at. Met life long friends and hoping to get re-hired if they have a new local facility.
Snr Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Natick, MAMarch 14, 2016
Great experience working with a diverse team. Learned leadership qualities and enjoyed working with everyone on my team.
Enjoyed working with a diverse group of people.
Medical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMarch 7, 2016
Very busy position, a plus in my book.
Really liked learning what Boston Scientific is all about.
Hardest part of the job was getting used to standing for the entire shift.
Most co-workers were awesome.
Pros
1st shift done at 2:00pm
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Boston Scientific. Our community is ready to answer.